PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pac song.....please help....for finalssss

Meek858
05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Okay.....There's this song on a couple episodes from ESPN's playmakers by Tupac that goes "Da Da, Da Da Da Da Da Da, Da Da Da Da Da Da Da, hey, ma, i like your style, with that devilish smile And the way you dance like we're havin' sex I wonder if I took you home would you be down to bone into the wee hours of the early morn? You got it goin' on no exchangin' digits i'm only in town for one night, so
lets kick it"
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THAT SONG I REALLLY NEED IT FOR A MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE DUE FOR FILM CLASS!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!!

DirtyDirty
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I think its called

"Fair Exchange"

Dirty

"The Wall"
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I know it and i think this guy above me is correct, but I can't pin point the name. What school do you go to. I am just finishing my finals at the University of Kentucky ( go wildcats ).

chargertom
05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry ... I don't know who 12pack Shaker is. Is he a country singer?

Go Chargers! :Bolt:

Lyi
05-04-2005, 07:30 PM
don't go disrespectin 2pac like that..hes single handedly the greatest rapper of all time. his lyrics werren't that great or his word play, but he represented a tru cause that other rappers did not. he was amazing. i don't think that song is fair exchange. i really don't think that song is tupac at all...it sounds more like master p. with all that da da da da stuff u wrote. but i don't know...i got all of pac's albums n i know like almost all of his songs.i never heard taht one yet..i even got tha boot leg versions of em too.

Meek858
05-04-2005, 09:45 PM
nah man that aint it.....

thehotdelancey
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Im a pop man who dabbles in country and dances dirty with the ladies at school dances....I dont really know it....try a lyrics search engine.

LTfan4life
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Whats Ya Phone #?

Meek858
05-04-2005, 10:09 PM
nah that aint it either
its like a fast beat and the chorus is like "la da, la da da da la da, da da da da da, la da la da" it was in playmakers do any of you watch that show or have the dvds? its on the episode "the choice part 2" in the club scene where DH tells Cal to turn himself in

chargertom
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
don't go disrespectin 2pac like that..hes single handedly the greatest rapper of all time. his lyrics werren't that great or his word play, but he represented a tru cause that other rappers did not. he was amazing. i don't think that song is fair exchange. i really don't think that song is tupac at all...it sounds more like master p. with all that da da da da stuff u wrote. but i don't know...i got all of pac's albums n i know like almost all of his songs.i never heard taht one yet..i even got tha boot leg versions of em too.

And what was the 'true cause' that he represented?

MDK Titan
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
nah that aint it either
its like a fast beat and the chorus is like "la da, la da da da la da, da da da da da, la da la da" it was in playmakers do any of you watch that show or have the dvds? its on the episode "the choice part 2" in the club scene where DH tells Cal to turn himself in
was it Troublesome 96?

Meek858
05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
nope i checked that one

Danny5
05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
don't go disrespectin 2pac like that..hes single handedly the greatest rapper of all time.

Right under Biggie Smalls. ;)

art68us2
05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Okay.....There's this song on a couple episodes from ESPN's playmakers by Tupac that goes "Da Da, Da Da Da Da Da Da, Da Da Da Da Da Da Da, hey, ma, i like your style, with that devilish smile And the way you dance like we're havin' sex I wonder if I took you home would you be down to bone into the wee hours of the early morn? You got it goin' on no exchangin' digits i'm only in town for one night, so
lets kick it"
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THAT SONG I REALLLY NEED IT FOR A MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE DUE FOR FILM CLASS!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!!
Maybe you're thinking of Tupac (Makavelli) - Hail Mary

IgorUnchained
05-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Maybe you're thinking of Tupac (Makavelli) - Hail Mary

Thats what I was thinking to with the da da da da da da stuff going on. The rest of the lyrics dont sound like Hail Mary though.

Tupac IS one of the best rappers of all time for a variety of reasons. It is OK to not listen to rap, to not like rap, or to disagree with anything I am about to say...but I will submit this for your approval.

Tupac was actually born in jail. His mother had to petition the justice system to get healthier food for her while she was locked up to keep her and her baby healthy. This mentality shows up alot in Tupac's life.....

Tupac's mom eventually hooked up with the Black Panther Party in the Bay Area. Tupac became godson to Geronimo Pratt and was mentored by "the family" that the Black Panthers were. Tupac echoed much of the Panther philosophy in his earlier work. Many of his songs were about sticking together, striving to overcome adversity, elevating your consciousness, and speaking truths to powerful liars.

Later in his career, Tupac was arrested and put in jail for an alledged sexual misconduct. I wasnt in the room, but I have read both sides of the case and I think Kobe's girl had alot more to complain about and be believed about.

None of his people in the industry or any of his family had enough to bail him out.....and along came Sug Knight from Deathrow records. Sug bailed him out and Tupac signed to Death Row....and the rest is history. Pretty soon Tupac's lyrics became angry and bitter and because of his producers, his label mates, and the head of the company, his lyrics also became more about women and money.

Tupac only released one or two albums on Death Row, but he had alot of half done songs that got remixed and released. These watered down songs were mostly from the Death Row era and were not done in a style (IMO) that would have been true Tupac.

I would urge you all to judge Tupac on the CDs (even the Deathrow ones) that he released while he was alive. I would also suggest you listen to some of the meaningful stuff on the pre- Deathrow Records albums.

Tupac will last forever....just like Bob Marley, you will be able to walk down a sidewalk in a poor section of town (maybe where you already live) and you will hear Bob Marley, or Tupac, or even Selena (I still cant figure that one out!) pumping out of someones stereo.....making a dingy existance a little bit brighter.

spysnipedis
05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
For some reason the lyrics you posted sounds like parts from other songs of his.

Do you have any idea if it is a newly released song or one of the old ones?

Gadzooks
05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I personally believe that the Fat Boys were far more influential to the rap genre. In addition, the lyrics of the Prince Markie Dee, Kool Rockski and Buff the Human Beat Box were superior in terms social relevance. For example, the song “Protect Yourself/ My Nuts” from the break out album “Crushin’” was the first to advocate the use of prophylactics in order to stop the spread of Aids.

Chargers Rule!
05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Tupac IS the best rapper ever! He had it all. skills, looks, attitude, and street knowledge. biggie was just lyrics. Only people that grew up in the hood can appreciate where he comes from and raps about. He wasnt a boy scout, but who is? He will be rememberd always!

"we live in cali where we riot not rally....that's right!"

Lyi
05-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Thats what I was thinking to with the da da da da da da stuff going on. The rest of the lyrics dont sound like Hail Mary though.

Tupac IS one of the best rappers of all time for a variety of reasons. It is OK to not listen to rap, to not like rap, or to disagree with anything I am about to say...but I will submit this for your approval.

Tupac was actually born in jail. His mother had to petition the justice system to get healthier food for her while she was locked up to keep her and her baby healthy. This mentality shows up alot in Tupac's life.....

Tupac's mom eventually hooked up with the Black Panther Party in the Bay Area. Tupac became godson to Geronimo Pratt and was mentored by "the family" that the Black Panthers were. Tupac echoed much of the Panther philosophy in his earlier work. Many of his songs were about sticking together, striving to overcome adversity, elevating your consciousness, and speaking truths to powerful liars.

Later in his career, Tupac was arrested and put in jail for an alledged sexual misconduct. I wasnt in the room, but I have read both sides of the case and I think Kobe's girl had alot more to complain about and be believed about.

None of his people in the industry or any of his family had enough to bail him out.....and along came Sug Knight from Deathrow records. Sug bailed him out and Tupac signed to Death Row....and the rest is history. Pretty soon Tupac's lyrics became angry and bitter and because of his producers, his label mates, and the head of the company, his lyrics also became more about women and money.

Tupac only released one or two albums on Death Row, but he had alot of half done songs that got remixed and released. These watered down songs were mostly from the Death Row era and were not done in a style (IMO) that would have been true Tupac.

I would urge you all to judge Tupac on the CDs (even the Deathrow ones) that he released while he was alive. I would also suggest you listen to some of the meaningful stuff on the pre- Deathrow Records albums.

Tupac will last forever....just like Bob Marley, you will be able to walk down a sidewalk in a poor section of town (maybe where you already live) and you will hear Bob Marley, or Tupac, or even Selena (I still cant figure that one out!) pumping out of someones stereo.....making a dingy existance a little bit brighter.

they lived in harlem, new york. while in harlem...his father in law was a black panther, along side his mother. while in her 9 month pregnancy, afgheni and other superior black panther's houses were raided and locked up by the government because they saw them as a threat. while being locked up..afgheni was too broke ta afford a lawyer, so she was her own lawyer and beat the case. pac wasn't born in jail...afgheni gave birth to pac one day after she got released from jail. yes, pac's father in law was geronimo pratt. tupac was innocent of those rape allegations..are u crazy 2pac grew up around women, his mother raised him, he has a younger sister that he loves, he loved women, he would never rape one. trust me...all those allegations about rappers and rape allegations are all not tru...in tha hood, homies grow up without pops, they onli got they moms. since they onli got their mom's they truly respect all women, thats why i think all those stupid things that em white guys like whatever o'reilly says is stupid cuz he says that rappers disrespect women. and tupac's tru song lyrics were never about money, women...they werre about changes in life, death, living, regrets, oppression, black panthers, hood mentality...guys who are "hard" rap about money and women are guys like 50 cent..a chump tahts scared to death about die'n n don't care at all bout his roots...southside, jamaica queens. plz don't say that pac's lyrics began to b about just money and woman, cuz its not tru...his best song ever is about changes in life n what needs to b done.

CoronaDoug
05-05-2005, 04:39 PM
"They try to say that I don't care, woke up and screamed "F" the world"

CoronaDoug
05-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I personally believe that the Fat Boys were far more influential to the rap genre. In addition, the lyrics of the Prince Markie Dee, Kool Rockski and Buff the Human Beat Box were superior in terms social relevance. For example, the song “Protect Yourself/ My Nuts” from the break out album “Crushin’” was the first to advocate the use of prophylactics in order to stop the spread of Aids.

hmmm. Maybe Grand Master Flash, RUN DMC, or Whodini... but the Fat Boys??? I do miss the days of the Beat Box though..:Beer:

Chargers Rule!
05-06-2005, 02:23 PM
"I was raised in the city
shi#y ever since I was a ity bity kiddie
drinking liquor out my moma's titty!
and smoking weed was an every day thing in my household
and drinking liquor till ya out cold!" (I see death around the corner)

IgorUnchained
05-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Im sure it is too late to still help with the original poster, but here is a great site that has alot of lyrics to Tupac songs. Fair Exchange isnt on there, but you might be able to figure out which song it is if you have the time. http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=6998

spysnipedis
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Igor that avatar. Remember the guy that posted "The dude wants to know about..."

IgorUnchained
05-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Igor that avatar. Remember the guy that posted "The dude wants to know about..."

I do.....I dont remember if he was the guy who had "The Dude" in his name, but if not then there were a few of those types in here at one time or another!

For those of you who dont know what spy and I are talking about, I would strongly suggest that you watch "The Big Lebowski". With all of the Office Space talk that has been floating around, I figured it might be time to let everyone (who may not have seen the movie before) know that The Big Lebowski is another great movie to check out and laugh out loud at!

C}{ARG3R
05-13-2005, 09:42 AM
There are some pretty powerful words in these Tupac Quotes (http://www.tupacquotes.net).

here is a quote about what type of message he is sending through his lyrics.

"If we're all saying that rap is an artform then we gotta be more responsible for our lyrics. If you see everybody dying because of what you're saying, it don't matter that you didn't make them die, it just matters that you didn't save them."
- Tupac

IMHO we lost an angel the night Tupac died. R.I.P. Tupac

LTfan4life
05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
why do all the good rappers have to die?? :( RIP 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Big Pun, Jam Master Jay

http://mi.mgcdn.us/2HOT_4TV/HipHopHeaven.jpg

LTfan4life
05-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Personally, here's some of my favorite 2Pac Quotes:

"And since we all came from a WOMAN got our name from a WOMAN and our game from a WOMAN. I wonder why we take from our WOMEN why we rape our WOMEN do we hate our WOMEN. I think its' time to kill for our WOMEN time to heal our WOMEN be real to our WOMEN."-2Pac Strictly 4 my ****** "Keep ya Head Up"

"I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward, there's a ghetto up in heaven and it's ours, "......."Don't get caught up in the mix, cause the media is full of dirty tricks, Only GOD can judge me!!"-2Pac All Eyes on Me "Only God Can Judge Me"

On life "live it up or give it up"- 2Pac

"My Mama used to tell me if u can't find somethin to live for, you best find somethin to die for"-2Pac

"Life's a wheel of fortune, it's my chance to spin it"-2Pac

Bobo
06-05-2005, 04:51 AM
don't go disrespectin 2pac like that..hes single handedly the greatest rapper of all time. his lyrics werren't that great or his word play, but he represented a tru cause that other rappers did not. he was amazing. i don't think that song is fair exchange. i really don't think that song is tupac at all...it sounds more like master p. with all that da da da da stuff u wrote. but i don't know...i got all of pac's albums n i know like almost all of his songs.i never heard taht one yet..i even got tha boot leg versions of em too.Rap Sucks! Listen to talented music like Death-Metal, Punk & Alternative. Any fast Punk singer will slay any Rappers singing without even trying.

Chargers Rule!
06-07-2005, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Bobo]Rap Sucks! Listen to talented music like Death-Metal, Punk & Alternative. Any fast Punk singer will slay any Rappers singing without even trying

Rappers do not sing. Singing is for people with pretty voices and dress up in super tight (extra medium) clothes.:p

LTfan4life
06-07-2005, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=Bobo]Rap Sucks! Listen to talented music like Death-Metal, Punk & Alternative. Any fast Punk singer will slay any Rappers singing without even trying

Rappers do not sing. Singing is for people with pretty voices and dress up in super tight (extra medium) clothes.:p

Lol! and(at bobo), everyone has their music preference. Some people can't stand rap/hip hop for a few reasons. Just like some people don't like the screaming in death metal.

Lyi
06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
yep what he said was right. and the cause that tupac represented that no other rappers represented during his time was...the hood. he stood up for the hood, he was the voice for the block. the ghetto needs help and he was their voice, he was the most realest rapper ever. other rappers back then rapped just about women, and money...but pac was real. he rapped bout his mom's, to his stress, to tha hood, to stress on the block, the real stuff...i hate modern day rap because its just corny hooks with no substance...2pac n biggie were the last great rappers ever...well big pun really.

LTfan4life
06-08-2005, 12:58 AM
yep what he said was right. and the cause that tupac represented that no other rappers represented during his time was...the hood. he stood up for the hood, he was the voice for the block. the ghetto needs help and he was their voice, he was the most realest rapper ever. other rappers back then rapped just about women, and money...but pac was real. he rapped bout his mom's, to his stress, to tha hood, to stress on the block, the real stuff...i hate modern day rap because its just corny hooks with no substance...2pac n biggie were the last great rappers ever...well big pun really.

I can't agree more, Lyi. Modern rap is talking about rims, and bling, and doing drugs. Pac and Biggie told stories and made you listen with every bar in it. They didn't rap about stuff that would go in a club. They told a story in each rhyme, and each one had a meaning. For all of you "haters", check out these Pac songs. They'll make you a fan.

Keep Ya Head Up
Changes
Brenda's Got a Baby
Only God Can Judge Me
Dear Mama
Shorty Wanna Be a Thug
Wonder Why They Called You B****
Until the End of Time
Ghetto Gospel w/ Elton John

IgorUnchained
06-09-2005, 02:29 AM
There are some pretty powerful words in these Tupac Quotes (http://www.tupacquotes.net).

here is a quote about what type of message he is sending through his lyrics.

"If we're all saying that rap is an artform then we gotta be more responsible for our lyrics. If you see everybody dying because of what you're saying, it don't matter that you didn't make them die, it just matters that you didn't save them."
- Tupac

IMHO we lost an angel the night Tupac died. R.I.P. Tupac

This is my favorite Tupac quote:

Tupac Shakur
If you walked down a street and you saw a rose growing from the sidewalk, even if it had messed up petals and it was tilted a little to the side you would marvel at just seeing a rose grow through concrete. So why is it that when you see some ghetto kid grow out of the dirtiest circumstance and he can talk and he can sit across the room and make you cry, make you laugh, all you can talk about is my dirty rose, my dirty stems and how Im leaning crooked to the side, you can't even see that I've come up from out of that.

Bobo
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM

Rappers do not sing. Singing is for people with pretty voices and dress up in super tight (extra medium) clothes.:p Pretty? Haha! Listen to Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Hate Eternal, Death, Nile & Suffocation & that will dispell prettiness. It's fast, beautiful Death-Metal music with deep vocals & it's far from pretty!

Bobo
06-09-2005, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=kache85]

Lol! and(at bobo), everyone has their music preference. Some people can't stand rap/hip hop for a few reasons. Just like some people don't like the screaming in death metal.Death-Metal vocals are sung in deep, growling vocals. Screams don't take the place of growls. Death, Speed, Black & Thrash-Metal bands all combine the speed of Hardcore-Punk into their music. Death-Metal is the most extreme of all. It takes the heaviness of Metal & Punk's speed to the highest places & then some. It's Metal at it's best!

chargertom
06-09-2005, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=kache85]Pretty? Haha! Listen to Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Hate Eternal, Death, Nile & Suffocation & that will dispell prettiness. It's fast, beautiful Death-Metal music with deep vocals & it's far from pretty!

You forgot Skinny Puppy.

IgorUnchained
06-10-2005, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Bobo]

You forgot Skinny Puppy.

I was just listening to Skinny Puppy's song "Animal" at work about 3 hours ago. Very nice!

Bobo
06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Bobo]

You forgot Skinny Puppy.

Go Chargers! :Bolt:Skinny Puppy are Goth/Industrial. They're awesome anyway!

slim shady
02-06-2007, 09:59 AM
i dont know it

slim shady
02-06-2007, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=kache85]

Lol! and(at bobo), everyone has their music preference. Some people can't stand rap/hip hop for a few reasons. Just like some people don't like the screaming in death metal.
no death metel is **** rap is beter