PDA

View Full Version : Moving to San Diego - Best places to live?

CrazyTraderX
05-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey guys, moving to San Diego in about 6 months. Where are the best places to live around here (I work from home so I can move anywhere in or around the city). Price isn't too much of an obstacle but I plan on renting for a year or two. What say you?

WavyLayz
05-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Point Loma is really nice and is close to just about everything. Super close to beach, nice homes, quiet neighborhoods. 7 minutes to anywhere in San Diego.

SDFaiderHater
05-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Point Loma is really nice and is close to just about everything. Super close to beach, nice homes, quiet neighborhoods. 7 minutes to anywhere in San Diego.

i live in the Carmel Mtn Ranch area, i gotta say its nice place if u need a house rather then an apartment, Drew Brees used to live across the street from where i live, although i didnt live there when he did, he is just now selling the house.

La jolla is a nice place too, or poway.

guimcharger
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I would say move up to North County like Oceanside and Carlsbad are nice. The beaches up here are far superior to the ones down in San Diego. Plus Charger games areonly 30 min away.

SDFaiderHater
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM

btw, point loma is about 30 mins from where i live.

jjdizub
05-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I have lived in Pt. Loma and La Jolla and I would recommend either of them... I love La Jolla but getting in and out can be a bit of a pain... Pt. Loma has easy access to most of SD...

caffeine_virus
05-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Expensive as hell to live here, if you plan on buying.

I'm looking at upgrading my current house to a bigger house. $600,000.00 gets you:

2,100 square feet
3-5 bedrooms
2-3 bathrooms

not trying to detour you, just letting you know. :)

Oh ya, this is Ranch Bernardo.

Guerin20987
05-10-2005, 10:34 AM
my uncle used to live in north park its a nice area expensive as hell though

TylerDurden
05-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I live on Mt. Helix (La Mesa). It's real nice here, not la Jolla nice so its affordable and has a view to die for. Plus only about 8 miles to the stadium. But some other areas I wouldn't mind living are, Tierrasanta, Scripps Ranch, San Carlos, Rancho Bernardo, Carmel Mountain, Sabre Springs, Poway, La Jolla, University City, Del Mar, and Coronado. Those are definetly good areas and not ghettos.

Rodneyharrison
05-10-2005, 11:30 AM
i think you should live in the souteast of san diego..its the best place to live..it gots real life livin there...something you'll need to live...try the southeast because you'll only be stronger come'n out of that place..

lmao

joseph04
05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
I live in Point Loma and i think its the best place to live in SD, close to beach, always nice over here, great people, alot of good women around.

compubolt
05-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I just bought a condo in Point Loma, I lived in Ocean Beach for 6 years before that, I prefer that area over all others.

If you work north of the 5/805 merge, then live north of it but if you work south of that merge, live south of it, it will save you tons of time in traffic. I work in sorrento valley so I am just below the merge, longest drive to work I have is 45 min's with bad traffic, best is 15 minutes.

The beaches around Point Loma are great, you can get to the La Jolla reefs for good surf in 10 - 15 minutes, you can get into Baja in 20 minutes via the 5 for great surf down there.

I would suggest renting in Ocean Beach, it still has a small town feel, lots of quirky people (artist types) the prices are pretty good, 1150$ for a 2bdroom ~900 SQFT, 2 blocks from the beach and allowed pets is where I just left.

You just have to get used to the airplane noise.

bigruday
05-10-2005, 12:21 PM
If your young you might want to consider Pacific Beach. There is something always going on and it is close to the beach and pretty women!!

viento1602
05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I lived in pacific beach for 12 years, best time of my life. the bay on one side the ocean on the other, it's like living in a resort, and you can bike or skate every place you need to go. It also is the last place where it's legal to drink at the beach, so grab a keg and head for PB!

compubolt
05-10-2005, 03:24 PM
It also is the last place where it's legal to drink at the beach, so grab a keg and head for PB!

Nope, they cut that off last year, no kegs any where anymore with out a permit which is almost impossible to get. I think they stopped all drinking over in the PB, MB area last year also as a "trial" Atleast OB you can still drink, and we just burried a few kegs in the sand during the 4th last year and we had no problems.

Chargers Rule!
05-10-2005, 05:24 PM
i think you should live in the souteast of san diego..its the best place to live..it gots real life livin there...something you'll need to live...try the southeast because you'll only be stronger come'n out of that place..

lmao

25th and Imperial. You can ride the trolley drink a 40 and buy crack any where!

TrabucoWR
05-10-2005, 07:47 PM
If your young you might want to consider Pacific Beach. There is something always going on and it is close to the beach and pretty women!!
My Dad lived in Pacific Beach, he said it was awesome. If you're really rich you can move to Scripps Ranch and move in next to LT! When I'm playing for the Bolts i'll buy a house in scripps ranch with my best friend who will be my agent, and all you guys will be invited for a forum members party!

wyattearp65
05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I was raised in La Mesa, olive ave. and university st. used to be a nice place. havent been there in 20 yrs. just wondering if its still a nice place to raise a family??? would love to move back home!!!! :confused: :Helmet:

Bob Thorn
05-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Cool signature Kache 85! I lived in the La Mesa area from 1966 to 1997- now I live in Rancho San Diego in Southern El Cajon area. La Mesa still is nice community, Helix High School grows some fantastic athletes, next number one in the draft will probably be its alum Reggie Bush- last number one was Alex Smith-RSF is 20 minutes from downtown, 30 minutes to the beach-nice area too- Valhalla High School in RSF has a pitcher that will go verrry high in the baseball draft, so east county is definitely a breeding ground for the pros...If you want more urban experience downtown has amazingly developed over the last twenty years, the gaslamp is popular for nite-life, Petco Park, there's even a Ralphs Supermarket downtown now- North County is beautiful, but driving downtown is a bit**, rush-hour gets worse every year each way, South Bay has developed extensively too, Chula Vista and National City are predominantly Hispanic communities with progressive City governments, our best linebacker, should have been last year pro-bowl Donnie Edwards was a Sweetwater High alum from National City. Junior Seau from Oceanside...

LTfan4life
05-10-2005, 10:36 PM
It depends what you like to be close to. If you want to be near the beach, check out Pacific Beach, Point Loma, or Cornondo. If you want a central location, a place like Mission Valley would be ideal. If you are looking to be more inland, try La Mesa or El Cajon. I don't know too much about places north of La Jolla, but I'm sure other people have talked about it.

Chargers Rule!
05-11-2005, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Thorn]Cool signature Kache 85! I lived in the La Mesa area from 1966 to 1997- now I live in Rancho San Diego in Southern El Cajon area. La Mesa still is nice community, Helix High School grows some fantastic athletes, next number one in the draft will probably be its alum Reggie Bush- last number one was Alex Smith-RSF is 20 minutes from downtown, 30 minutes to the beach-nice area too- Valhalla High School in RSF has a pitcher that will go verrry high in the baseball draft, so east county is definitely a breeding ground for the pros...If you want more urban experience downtown has amazingly developed over the last twenty years, the gaslamp is popular for nite-life, Petco Park, there's even a Ralphs Supermarket downtown now- North County is beautiful, but driving downtown is a bit**, rush-hour gets worse every year each way, South Bay has developed extensively too, Chula Vista and National City are predominantly Hispanic communities with progressive City governments, our best linebacker, should have been last year pro-bowl Donnie Edwards was a Sweetwater High alum from National City. Junior Seau from Oceanside...[/QUOTE

Thanx on the sig,(still waiting for one of the cool ones from charg3r) you know eastlake (east chula vista) is up and coming. it's all brand new schools, stores etc... and who know's you might have a charger for a neighbor. good luck house hunting.

Chargers Rule!
05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Cool signature Kache 85! I lived in the La Mesa area from 1966 to 1997- now I live in Rancho San Diego in Southern El Cajon area. La Mesa still is nice community, Helix High School grows some fantastic athletes, next number one in the draft will probably be its alum Reggie Bush- last number one was Alex Smith-RSF is 20 minutes from downtown, 30 minutes to the beach-nice area too- Valhalla High School in RSF has a pitcher that will go verrry high in the baseball draft, so east county is definitely a breeding ground for the pros...If you want more urban experience downtown has amazingly developed over the last twenty years, the gaslamp is popular for nite-life, Petco Park, there's even a Ralphs Supermarket downtown now- North County is beautiful, but driving downtown is a bit**, rush-hour gets worse every year each way, South Bay has developed extensively too, Chula Vista and National City are predominantly Hispanic communities with progressive City governments, our best linebacker, should have been last year pro-bowl Donnie Edwards was a Sweetwater High alum from National City. Junior Seau from Oceanside...

p.s. donnie is a chula vista h.s. grad.

botlkid8
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
The place to live is san carlos/del cerro. Your about 4-5 miles from the stadium and 2 from san diego state. Weather is always nice and you have golf courses on all sides of you. Major malls are all close as well as schools. Its the real "white picket fence"

wyattearp65
05-13-2005, 03:25 PM
:Helmet: :Helmet: i lived in La Mesa from 1972 to the late 80's,went to helix, as well as La Mesa jr.high, my bro played j.v. football,for the highlanders,kool glad to hear from ya..... :D :Football:

timlinson21
05-17-2005, 12:23 AM
CHula Vista (EASTLAKE)! Close to petco park..quiet community, cheap houses compare to north county.

ashcart181
07-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I just graduated college and me and my best friend are moving out to San Diego. I've look on craigs list for places and it seems there are a million areas!! Which are the best, especially for someone my age, around 22-30. Any advice would be appreciated!

Texas lightning
07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
la mesa\lemon grove is a nice suburban middle class area nice affordable housing any place by the beach prices go out the window I KNOW you said price is no option but once you get there you might think differant southeast is alot of gettos and gangs so you don't want that, SORRY SE BOYS BUT I USED TO LIVE THERE AND I KNOW.

Stone
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
If you want the better options, try to stay north of Interstate 8. And if you're below that, sorry, but you know I'm telling the truth.

LTfan4life
07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I just graduated college and me and my best friend are moving out to San Diego. I've look on craigs list for places and it seems there are a million areas!! Which are the best, especially for someone my age, around 22-30. Any advice would be appreciated!

Depends...what would you like to be near? What would you wanna avoid? Price?

boltpride515
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Downtown. Everybody likes it down there. there are tons of condos, apartments, and studios. There is always something going on too! As soon as im done with high school and college, thats where I wanna live!

Texas lightning
07-09-2007, 04:56 AM
If you want the better options, try to stay north of Interstate 8. And if you're below that, sorry, but you know I'm telling the truth.maybe that used to be the case but with all the development of EASTLAKE IN CV they have some really nice living areas out there now

Tiny Universe
07-09-2007, 12:28 PM
As far as coastal areas are concerned:

Late teens to early 20s - Pacific Beach, Mission Beach - Parties, easy access to downtown scene, parties, crowded beach, parties, parties.

Late 20s - 30s - North County (Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Solana Beach) - still a party scene to be found, but way more toned down. Beaches less crowded, nicer communities, not as congested unless you have to travel through the merge (805/5)

40s and up - Del Mar, La Jolla, Point Loma, Carlsbad - nicest places on the coast. Most expensive. Del Mar and La Jolla are bad for traffic.

DiehardCharger
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I would actually like to know what kind of work u do at home and how to make enough money so ur not really worried about home prices so i can one day afford to move to san diego and put all this great information from everybody to work lol.

violentpumpkin
02-12-2009, 04:17 AM
lol. San Diego is an awesome affordable place to live. If you don't believe me, come to this ****hole Fort McMurry, Alberta, Canada. Houses start at $600,000.000 U.S for 1500 square feet. I live Edmonton, it is a mesqeuto infested farmfield with nothing to do and winter last 8 months. Houses start at $350,000. My house with a pool and a hotub, in a nice neigborhood, 2300 sqaure feet is worth $800,000.00. What a joke. The minute it sell I am going staight to San Diego. PB is too nice. Settle for La Messa with a view. It's more affordable.

Doug2112
02-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Stay away from Imperial Beach.....Used to be nice back in the day when my grandparents lived there....Not so nice anymore .....

FutbolAmericano
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Even Oakland used to be nice when my mom grew up there.

(BTW, this is a very old thread to resurrect.)

Lucid
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
If you are a fan of driving then I suggest Mira Mesa

leftyinthepen
02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
move to Logan Heights....i hear the rent is cheap there

BoltThrower 2
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
As far as coastal areas are concerned:

Late teens to early 20s - Pacific Beach, Mission Beach - Parties, easy access to downtown scene, parties, crowded beach, parties, parties.

Late 20s - 30s - North County (Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Solana Beach) - still a party scene to be found, but way more toned down. Beaches less crowded, nicer communities, not as congested unless you have to travel through the merge (805/5)

40s and up - Del Mar, La Jolla, Point Loma, Carlsbad - nicest places on the coast. Most expensive. Del Mar and La Jolla are bad for traffic.

I beg to differ, I grew up in North County and I think it's the most congested area in the city. There are not many backroads, almost no public transportation and has a higher population density(more houses= more people on the road) places to go are also very spread out. You could easily have to drive 5-10 miles just to get from your house to the freeway,
it might be better now I'm pretty sure a carpool lane has been added, I stay away from there.
It has some very nice beach areas and people say its a good place to raise kids though.

BoltThrower 2
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
move to Logan Heights....i hear the rent is cheap there

I live around the Downtown area and Logan isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Crime is down in the Downtown area ever since Petco Park was built. The Downtown areas have cleaned up a lot.

FutbolAmericano
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I live around the Downtown area and Logan isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Crime is down in the Downtown area ever since Petco Park was built. The Downtown areas have cleaned up a lot.

I remember that area before Petco was built. It was one of the worst places in SD. Developers and supporters of the new stadium said it would be very beneficial to the area, but there were doubters.

After all the lawsuits, the park was built. Now there are no one can say this park has not helped the downtown area. The area around Petco is now one of the nicest.

SHOWURBOLTZ
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I grew up in Escondido, so obviously I am going to stick with it!

JaymeeMarie
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm in a nice place now(Phoenix AZ) but I grew up in SD and I still miss it way too much. I am always telling people it's the best weather and prettiest place I've lived.

BoltThrower 2
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I remember that area before Petco was built. It was one of the worst places in SD. Developers and supporters of the new stadium said it would be very beneficial to the area, but there were doubters.

After all the lawsuits, the park was built. Now there are no one can say this park has not helped the downtown area. The area around Petco is now one of the nicest.

yeah I love it down here. it is a beautiful area and isn't really that dangerous plus there is a lot of stuff to do and places to go/see. my friends from North County think I live in some crack head infested ghetto or something but then when they come to my place they always say, "this isn't that bad, this is actually pretty nice." when I was a teenager from the sheltered suburbs, I would drive around downtown and surrounding areas and I would hesitate to even get out of my car. Now I have no problem walking the streets by myself at anytime of the day or night. I don't feel like there is really anything to be afraid of, I'm a little older now too so I feel like I can handle/avoid a bad situation. The park has been of great benefit to the downtown communities. It used to be pretty bad.

X FACTOR
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I used to live down the road from clairmont square on fox street, but that was eons ago. Used to be nice, no clue how it is now though.

San Diego Kathy
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
best places to live is tierrasanta and scripps ranch

sdcfan720
04-21-2009, 08:36 AM
best places to live is tierrasanta and scripps ranchHahaha Tierrasanta? Have you heard of a little school called Serra? It was really nice before a certain school got shut down and all of their kids get bussed to Serra. Its full of drugs and gangs now.

freakshow
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I used to live down the road from clairmont square on fox street, but that was eons ago. Used to be nice, no clue how it is now though.

Yeah I lived on Cloud Way right near there, but like you it was long long ago. We could hear the hydro plane races from PB or Mission Beach (I dont recall) from our house. I do remember a big valley right behind our back yard, it was great for walking the dogs and messing around as a kid.
I live in Eugene Oregon now and I love it, it is a very clean and peaceful place. Although I miss sunny San Diego I am not sure I would leave Eugene for the rat race at this point in my life. I can bike to work in 15 minutes right along the Willamette river, no traffic jams for this Charger Fan.

Peas'

Oregon BoltCpl
04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah I lived on Cloud Way right near there, but like you it was long long ago. We could hear the hydro plane races from PB or Mission Beach (I dont recall) from our house. I do remember a big valley right behind our back yard, it was great for walking the dogs and messing around as a kid.
I live in Eugene Oregon now and I love it, it is a very clean and peaceful place. Although I miss sunny San Diego I am not sure I would leave Eugene for the rat race at this point in my life. I can bike to work in 15 minutes right along the Willamette river, no traffic jams for this Charger Fan.

Peas'
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh Eugene is OK.........But Grants Pass is better......:LightsOut:

Actually my son lives in Springfield and we go to Eugene quite a bit and we like it. The roads around Autzen are a bit confusing though....

Oregon BoltCpl
04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Hahaha Tierrasanta? Have you heard of a little school called Serra? It was really nice before a certain school got shut down and all of their kids get bussed to Serra. Its full of drugs and gangs now.

What school was shut down?? My Mom lives near by..........

freakshow
04-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh Eugene is OK.........But Grants Pass is better......:LightsOut:

Actually my son lives in Springfield and we go to Eugene quite a bit and we like it. The roads around Autzen are a bit confusing though....

Yes there are a lot of one way roads but if your coming from Springfield MLK is a straight shot or you can park at the Mexican restaurant on Franklin (across the street from the University and the new location of Mac Court) and just walk across the foot bridge.

Go Ducks
Da Boltz

Peas'

Oregon BoltCpl
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Where is Petco in relation to Chicano Park?? I used to love to check out the artwork there......

guerro619
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Where is Petco in relation to Chicano Park?? I used to love to check out the artwork there......
Chicano is by the 5 Fwy. They're about 2 exits away. I used to live near there and go to the Boys and Girls club in Logan Heights. They are not that far away from each other.

Petco is on J st. I used to walk all of downtown going to Seaport village.

promiseland
04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Why is everyone hating on the South Bay for!?! I've lived in down here all my life and no matter how successful I become, I will never leave here. I've worked all over North County for about 8 years now and I've seen plenty of bad areas NORTH OF THE 8!!! Oceanside, Escondido, Clairemont just to name a few.....The South Bay is a real place to live, with real people. And its full of hardcore Charger fans = ]

Jesse21SD
04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Why is everyone hating on the South Bay for!?! I've lived in down here all my life and no matter how successful I become, I will never leave here. I've worked all over North County for about 8 years now and I've seen plenty of bad areas NORTH OF THE 8!!! Oceanside, Escondido, Clairemont just to name a few.....The South Bay is a real place to live, with real people. And its full of hardcore Charger fans = ]

nicely said.

Also, the OP is VERY old. :layup

sdcfan720
04-21-2009, 06:14 PM
What school was shut down?? My Mom lives near by..........This was awhile ago, but I think it was Lincoln that was shut down cause it was a hellhole. they sent a ton of their kids to Serra and when the new lincoln was finished alot of the kids stayed.

So basically I completely disagree with the statement that Tierrasanta and Scripps Ranch are the only good places to live in SD. Scripps Ranch is nice, but so is Poway, RB, parts of La Mesa, Ramona( Well I am little biased to my home town but my neighborhood has some huge houses), and many upscale neighborhoods.

chargerfan1978
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM

When people think South Bay here, they think of Valenica Park, National City, Western Chula Vista, San Ysidro, Shelltown, Memorial, Mount Hope, Sherman Heights, Logan Heights, Lincoln Park, etc. People don't realize they've been building new developments. Like you said, there's plenty of 'hood all over the county, in any city for that matter. East Chula Vista, or people tend to call Eastlake are filled with massive homes less than a decade old. They're still building out there.

rcali bolt hed
04-22-2009, 02:04 PM

clairmont(is where i live now) has some nice pockets ,(north clairmont)track homes and its a diverse area for sure.University town center (utc) is the tweener of Lajolla and Clairmont.all areas very close to major freeways hiking/biking trails, beaches, malls,etc.I grew up in Pt. loma love it there close to the beach and good view of down town(pt. loma once known as tuna town and for its military presence).down town is great if you like night life and the hustle and bustle ,thats the place to be .and if you like that and your around 22 pacific beach is a hot spot with hawt women. East county has really nice country feeling areas once you get past el Caljon like alpine (hot weather), its close to casinos.South bay has some nice areas as well like east lake and Bonita they both are close to knotts water park and about 20 mins away from the boarder.north county is a military/beach area for the most part anything from Del mar to Carlsbad is cool and close to the Delmar horse race/major fair.you can also check out Del cerro its maybe 5-10 mins away from where the chargers play.I have lived all over San Diego and I have lived out of state many times,i always end up back in san diego its a magnet once you've been here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=HPIA,HPIA:2005-33,HPIA:en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=utc+san+diego&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=InjvSey7NaCWtgPyhOzpAQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

San Diego Kathy
04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Hahaha Tierrasanta? Have you heard of a little school called Serra? It was really nice before a certain school got shut down and all of their kids get bussed to Serra. Its full of drugs and gangs now.

This was awhile ago, but I think it was Lincoln that was shut down cause it was a hellhole. they sent a ton of their kids to Serra and when the new lincoln was finished alot of the kids stayed.

So basically I completely disagree with the statement that Tierrasanta and Scripps Ranch are the only good places to live in SD. Scripps Ranch is nice, but so is Poway, RB, parts of La Mesa, Ramona( Well I am little biased to my home town but my neighborhood has some huge houses), and many upscale neighborhoods.

Title of the thread was best places to live in san diego, not what high schools were the best. If the "bad kids" bus there, they have to bus home. By the time I used to get off work, the school used to be already closed. I lived there 8 years ago so I wouldn't know anything about the drugs in the school. I now own a house in both poway and scripps ranch. I add tierrasanta because I used to rent a house down on Ruena and loved it because of the nice canyons you can walk through. Anyways good choice to live in Poway. I always loved the prices of Poway homes, you can't find something that cheap in Tierrasanta. Anyways nice meeting you sdcfan720

sdcfan720
04-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Title of the thread was best places to live in san diego, not what high schools were the best. If the "bad kids" bus there, they have to bus home. By the time I used to get off work, the school used to be already closed. I lived there 8 years ago so I wouldn't know anything about the drugs in the school. I now own a house in both poway and scripps ranch. I add tierrasanta because I used to rent a house down on Ruena and loved it because of the nice canyons you can walk through. Anyways good choice to live in Poway. I always loved the prices of Poway homes, you can't find something that cheap in Tierrasanta. Anyways nice meeting you sdcfan720
the people that got bussed to Lincoln now have cars and stick around for awhile. I'm not saying Tierrasanta is a dump, but is certainly not the nicest place to live. And BTW, Houses in Poway are much more expensive than Tierrasanta.

Either way I love the community of Tierrasanta, I just think that the schools bring the niceness of the area down.

San Diego Kathy
04-22-2009, 08:02 PM
The poway homes that go over 1mil to me aren't worth it because your still stuck in a bad aura vs scripps ranch or tierrasanta. Its a different feeling driving around Poway vs Scripps or Tierrasanta. Just talking about that clean streets feeling. No HOA = Dirty streets. IMO the houses under 400k in poway are a better investment near scripps.

FutbolAmericano
04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Poway is nice, but I think they allowed it to be overbuilt.

Crime is almost non-existent -- the lowest in SD County.

Yeah, no HOA. I hate people telling me how my yard has to look.

San Diego Kathy
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Poway is nice, but I think they allowed it to be overbuilt.

Crime is almost non-existent -- the lowest in SD County.

Yeah, no HOA. I hate people telling me how my yard has to look.

I hate that part of HOA, seems like theres a snitch in the neighborhood always snitching you out about how your house has to look.

FutbolAmericano
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I hate that part of HOA, seems like theres a snitch in the neighborhood always snitching you out about how your house has to look.

We recycle, but this is crazy. I heard that in one of the coastal cities of SD County the inspect your trash to make sure that you properly separated everything, and don't have anything like appliances, etc.

One person told me they got a letter in the mail from the HOA because they did not put their trash can away within a day of it being collected (this person was on a trip).

There are all kinds of stories like this. It's like living in Naziville.

rcali bolt hed
04-24-2009, 10:35 AM
In many city's (outside hoa property lines)like here in San Diego the city has a crew that periodically surveys random trash and recyclable containers.I've seen them in my own alley.And being in the construction field, i move about the county allot and have seen the surveyors in many locations out and about.

volcano kristy
04-25-2009, 04:24 AM
We recycle, but this is crazy. I heard that in one of the coastal cities of SD County the inspect your trash to make sure that you properly separated everything, and don't have anything like appliances, etc.

One person told me they got a letter in the mail from the HOA because they did not put their trash can away within a day of it being collected (this person was on a trip).

There are all kinds of stories like this. It's like living in Naziville.

Yeah I have heard of the trash can rule, thats normal for HOA