PDA

View Full Version : Winning; A SD tradition since ..... last year!

wormburner
05-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Hey how about those Padres. I honestly thought that they didn't make enough changes over the winter to compete, but they are 14-3 over their last 17. We just have to play better against the NL West teams. A solid fith starter would help too.

GdoubleE
05-17-2005, 04:25 AM
Maybe you should find a Padre message board and not bother football fans with trivial baseball stuff. I know some care about the Padres but some like other baseball teams or dont llike baseball at all, like me. Best bet to get a wealth of answers to your posts is to find a message board for your topic baseball. Ask a mod to help you find a new forum.

Besides your title is misleading. Maybe you should have put Padres somewhere in the title so that people don't wander in here thinking you are talking about last season.

Go BOlts!!!

LTfan4life
05-17-2005, 06:11 AM
As long as we are ahead of the Rockies, I'm happy. :p

maverjoe
05-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Maybe you should find a Padre message board and not bother football fans with trivial baseball stuff. I know some care about the Padres but some like other baseball teams or dont llike baseball at all, like me. Best bet to get a wealth of answers to your posts is to find a message board for your topic baseball. Ask a mod to help you find a new forum.

Besides your title is misleading. Maybe you should have put Padres somewhere in the title so that people don't wander in here thinking you are talking about last season.

Go BOlts!!!
being kind of rough their huh GdoubleE? I understand that you hate baseball, but alot of us San Diegans are really excited about the Padres.

Plus I don't think the title of the thread is misleading. In fact, I was thinking about starting a thread before. I think the Chargers winning was contagious. It raised expectations in the city, and so far the Pads are living up.

vendetta07
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
los Padres son buenos :Bolt:

JDaySoCal
05-17-2005, 09:47 AM
If you're looking for football talk than maybe this is the wrong forum for you (off-topic.)

In the mean time, I'm real stoked that the Padres have been on a tear this month. I live in LA at the moment and it's non-stop 'Ooo the Dodgers are so grand. Ooo look at those Angels' ... blah. So Cal sports report my arse! Luckily, they're playing the Braves right now and the games are actually televised.

Anyway, hopefully they keep swinging the way they are. It would also to be nice to win one without having to comeback. Sure, it's great coming back from other first place teams, but how about a little insurance and less pressure?

Keep swinging Friars!

SDChargeHer
05-17-2005, 01:11 PM
ya just posted in the wrong part of the forum. I love the padres and can't wait to see them beat the Angels in the World Series this year! I heard a rumor that the padres are interested in Clemens. Padres and houston do have a good history of trades ie: finley craig shiple caminiti phil plantier derek bell brad ausmus many more ha although i think 90 percent of those were in 1 trade i think craig shipley was traded twice.

joseph04
05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
ya just posted in the wrong part of the forum. I love the padres and can't wait to see them beat the Angels in the World Series this year! I heard a rumor that the padres are interested in Clemens. Padres and houston do have a good history of trades ie: finley craig shiple caminiti phil plantier derek bell brad ausmus many more ha although i think 90 percent of those were in 1 trade i think craig shipley was traded twice.

Clemens wont come to san diego, the only place he would go is to New York, he said it in a interview, he said that he would go no where else but New York or retire in Houston.

joseph04
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM

Go BOlts!!!

relax guy, this is an off topic fourm, we post whatever we want in here and we dont need your opinion.

GrbgCllctr
05-17-2005, 03:39 PM
relax guy, this is an off topic fourm, we post whatever we want in here and we dont need your opinion.

Actually his gripe was because the thread was started in the General Discussions folder, but later transferred to the Off Topic folder by a moderator. But, yes, he needs to lighten up over an honest mistake.

Regarding the Pads - they are playing some very exciting ball this month! I have only driven down, from the Inland Empire, once this year for a game - the 10 run 7th game played on Sunday against the Marlins. Plan to make at least five more, with my son, before the season concludes.

Go Padres! ...... and CHARGERS! (of course)

geekster
05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Actually his gripe was because the thread was started in the General Discussions folder, but later transferred to the Off Topic folder by a moderator. But, yes, he needs to lighten up over an honest mistake.

Regarding the Pads - they are playing some very exciting ball this month! I have only driven down, from the Inland Empire, once this year for a game - the 10 run 7th game played on Sunday against the Marlins. Plan to make at least five more, with my son, before the season concludes.

Go Padres! ...... and CHARGERS! (of course)

Discussions regarding the Pads are more than welcome in the Off-Topic area as long as the posters follow the forum rules. I can't tell you how many times MoveitMister requested an area on the boards just for this kind of purpose/discussion and for this past month or so we finally have one.

Of course, it does give us a place to move non-Football related threads that get started elsewhere - which is what I suspect happened after the first couple of posts in this one. ;)

GO PADRES! GO CHARGERS!

Bobo
05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
ya just posted in the wrong part of the forum. I love the padres and can't wait to see them beat the Angels in the World Series this year! I heard a rumor that the padres are interested in Clemens. Padres and houston do have a good history of trades ie: finley craig shiple caminiti phil plantier derek bell brad ausmus many more ha although i think 90 percent of those were in 1 trade i think craig shipley was traded twice.My order of teams go: Chargers, L.A. Kings, Astros & to a much lesser extent: Lakers. Clemens belongs with the Astros. Even though MLB is 3rd on my totem pole, I'll always be a diehard Astros fan! Clemens will stay put!