PDA

View Full Version : This year

Boltfan92153
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Last year I picked peyton manning in the first round cause LT was already picked. Should I stay w/ a QB or do the conventional wisdom thing and get a RB?

FanSince1979
05-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Last year I picked RB for both my first and second picks. Then I picked up Drew Brees as a free agent.
This year I'm going to go QB first, because there are so many RB injuries. I grabbed RB's off of free agency all year long, such as Larry Johnson, Jesse Chatman, Quentin Griffin, etc. It's impossible to predict which RB's will get injured and what valuable backups will end up getting playing time. QB, however, is not as injury prone. So you are usually safe for the whole season with a Drew Brees, Daunte Culpepper, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Marc Bulger, etc. I'll avoid McNabb unless the TO hold-out gets resolved.

TD4LT
05-23-2005, 07:55 PM
peyton manning is a must with the second or third pick
lt is a must with the first of course
but unless manning is their i would go rb with my 1st and pick up daunte with my second then rb again(maybe one of the big three rookie rbs) in the third then wr
then rb
then wr/te
then rb
then wr
i usualy switch off like that

GoMathews
05-24-2005, 11:08 AM
If i get the first pick in my fantasy draft, you better believe I am going to take Peyton Manning. The group of guys I play with will drool over Peyton this year and if I get him, I could trade him for L.T. and another player.

Last year I picked L.T. with the very first pick and I loved having him on my team because it just enhances my viewing pleasure when I watch the Chargers play.

Daunte Culpepper and L.T. won me my league last year.

When would you guys take drew brees?

Boltfan92153
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
you could pick him up in the second or third round. To a chargers fan like us, he could go in the first but since everyone else thinks he may not re create last years stats he can go that low. It would be a great pick at that point.

StevenSD
06-14-2005, 07:22 PM
LT should be a top pick over Payton, I doubt Payton would have the same success this year as he did last year. Stick with LT if you can, if you can't get LT first, then pick up Manning and maybe trade for him, regardless of injuries having the best RB's will win your league for you.

broncossuck7
06-16-2005, 02:36 PM
L.T all the way.:21: :Bolt: :21:

CoronaDoug
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Last year I picked peyton manning in the first round cause LT was already picked. Should I stay w/ a QB or do the conventional wisdom thing and get a RB?

The best thing to do is pick a kicker with your first pick.;)

TD4LT
06-16-2005, 04:43 PM
peyton manning is the only 1st round worthy QB pick up culpepper in the 2nd round otherwise pick up a RB

boltzpride
06-17-2005, 02:51 PM
How many roster spots do most of you start with? How many on the bench?

mattmc223
06-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Culpepper is very good in the early 2nd. Manning won't have the same success and LT should go 1st overall. Whether is be rushing or receiving touchdowns, LT will get you the points and he is solid week-to-week.

FanSince1979
06-17-2005, 05:59 PM
I won my league last year and most of my players were on the Chargers. This year will be a much more difficult schedule for the Bolts, so that may have an impact on the fantasy points earned by the Chargers. I'll be picking good players on decent teams with weak schedules. It is all about the match ups.