PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarders

LTfan4life
06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey...I was on the zumiez.com thing and I was thinking of getting a completely new setup. I'm trying to have a limit of $150 so help me design a kickass setup. I skate mostly street stuff and barely any vert so ya. Just fill out all the info.

Deck: Darkstar Thomas Reign Deck

Trucks: Tensor Lo Colored Trucks

Wheels: Darkstar

Bearings: Black Panther Abec 7s

Griptape: Black Magic

Hardware: Shortys 1" hardware

Risers: Littleman 1/8 Shock Pad

It came out to $140

staxxx
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
you need to check out the new PQ skatepark.

parker88fan
06-12-2005, 06:26 PM
oh man i have skated for bout 5 years but everything sounds good. But i dont know about the products you listed sound good but i would not put the raiser pads on and would not go with the tensor trucks. i always skated krux trucks or orion. what size wheels you want? i like 54mm 1 in bolts are needed if ur going with riser pads. Skate on and always wear your helmet haha jk but its not a bad idea

Boltman19
06-12-2005, 07:36 PM
i like your setup, havent skated in weeks

hey do you get ccs magazine, its a free skating catalog

also if they have venture trucks get em

staxxx
06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
if you could afford to buy them get the Grind King Titanium Trucks. About 40-50
bucks each, but worth it. They are super lite.

parker88fan
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
to light is no good

staxxx
06-14-2005, 03:26 PM
to light is no good

You must be kidding. Or ride bowls or something. For street skating the lighter the easier it is to flip your board around, and or ollie.

MMJ4mil
06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
personally i have a sector 9 longboard and i use it to get to class and skate at the beach.i love it

wyattearp65
06-23-2005, 01:43 PM
:eek: Lets see the last time I skated i had a Santa Cruz deck, Tracker Truck's and kryptonic wheel's,before that I had a Logan Earth Ski deck, Bennett Trucks and Sims wheels(or it could of been O.J. wheels...)My very first skate was this piece of ply wood with clay wheel's i used to do down hill skating, laying down with my chest on the board and my arms outstreched like superman untill I decided to try 'Bandini hill, up in Mission Hill's, for you that dont know it..
"BIG ASS HILL!!!! for those that do, ypu know I had to be CRAZY!! Well long story short ,
I'm hauling ass down this hill on my stomach when half way down i run into unfinished pavement and lots of gravel.
well clay wheel's and gravel dont mix and my skate board stops dead but my body keeps on going...
result's: the worst case of road rash i have ever had!!! 1 giant blister all over my chest, scabs all over my hand's and Knee's,elbow's and chin.
I messed my self up!!! :(

SDRaiderH8er
06-23-2005, 02:10 PM
:eek: Lets see the last time I skated i had a Santa Cruz deck, Tracker Truck's and kryptonic wheel's,before that I had a Logan Earth Ski deck, Bennett Trucks and Sims wheels(or it could of been O.J. wheels...)My very first skate was this piece of ply wood with clay wheel's i used to do down hill skating, laying down with my chest on the board and my arms outstreched like superman untill I decided to try 'Bandini hill, up in Mission Hill's, for you that dont know it..
"BIG ASS HILL!!!! for those that do, ypu know I had to be CRAZY!! Well long story short ,
I'm hauling ass down this hill on my stomach when half way down i run into unfinished pavement and lots of gravel.
well clay wheel's and gravel dont mix and my skate board stops dead but my body keeps on going...
result's: the worst case of road rash i have ever had!!! 1 giant blister all over my chest, scabs all over my hand's and Knee's,elbow's and chin.
I messed my self up!!! :(

I can remember when we still had those metal wheels, and going over every crack on the sidewalk. Clay wheels were very good for leaving skidmarks in the street when you turned really quick.

wyattearp65
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
I can remember when we still had those metal wheels, and going over every crack on the sidewalk. Clay wheels were very good for leaving skidmarks in the street when you turned really quick.
Or when you run over a pebble and you went head over heels, It was great when they invented poly-urythane wheels!!!

Mr. Heisman
02-06-2006, 09:03 PM
WWW.Activemailorder.com (http://www.Activemailorder.com) best shop and best online ordering for your skateboard needs!!