PDA

View Full Version : Plaza 21, 2nd row (West Endzone) - any good?

Aloha21
06-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Anyone ever sit in this area? I love the endzone view & close proximity to the field, but I'm also concerned about being so close to the walkway - constantly having to try and see over people walking around.

Any comments appreciated

Aloha

Bubba86
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Anyone ever sit in this area? I love the endzone view & close proximity to the field, but I'm also concerned about being so close to the walkway - constantly having to try and see over people walking around.

Any comments appreciated

Aloha

im in plaza 23 and its pretty good. im higher up underneath the covering though so i dont have to worry about seeing over people walking on the walkway. what you should try and do is go to the stadium and sit in the seats and see how you like them, thats what i did when i was picking my new seats.

boltzpride
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
im in plaza 23 and its pretty good. im higher up underneath the covering though so i dont have to worry about seeing over people walking on the walkway. what you should try and do is go to the stadium and sit in the seats and see how you like them, thats what i did when i was picking my new seats.

When did you do this? When I called last week they said they were trying to get away from this. They said they no longer allowed people unattended and soon maybe not at all.

ccsilva73
06-15-2005, 06:26 PM
What's up Aloha 21. You from Hawaii I take it.I am from Hilo and attending the game against the Cowboys, any tips on where to go at night? Where the local women hang out? Let me know the scoops. Shoots!

Cliff
hammah13@yahoo.com

Bubba86
06-15-2005, 10:56 PM
When did you do this? When I called last week they said they were trying to get away from this. They said they no longer allowed people unattended and soon maybe not at all.

it was a couple years ago, we went in to relocate and they gave me a list of possible seat locations and while my mom talked to them i ran around and checked them out to see which ones i liked best.

Aloha21
06-15-2005, 11:36 PM
What's up Aloha 21. You from Hawaii I take it.I am from Hilo and attending the game against the Cowboys, any tips on where to go at night? Where the local women hang out? Let me know the scoops. Shoots!

Cliff
hammah13@yahoo.com

Aloha silva! Born in da 808 brah, but raised in SoCal.

You're going to love San Diego. Pacific Beach (any bar on Garnett street) is a great place to go for the wahines - a bit on the younger side. Otherwise, downtown Gaslamp is less casual, but ALWAYS a good time - plenty crowded on a weekend night. Yardhouse is one of my favorites - and a great, friendly crowd.

Aloha!

ccsilva73
06-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the info, what about tailgating, just show up with the beers and pupus? What do you guys do? Thanks again for the bars, from what I hear, SD get some pretty chicks! What island you from? I am from Kauai. 1991 grad. little bit old.

Aloha21
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Born Kailua, (Oahu - not Kona), came over to the mainland age 1. Still have relatives there & Kaneohe. Kauai is unbelievably beautiful, but expensive too.

As for tailgating, we usually roll in around 9:30 am and start grilling around 11. Unfortunately, that's the only game that I won't be able to attend, otherwise I'd love to hang w/ a kama'aina. If you're by yourself, I'd highly recommend going over to parking lot section H2 (http://www.chargers.com/pdf/stadium/q_parking_map.pdf). That is where the Charger's Power Party is held every game - a roped off area (21 & over) with beer garden, bbq food stands, a live band and a bunch of LCD screens showing all the day's games (entrance is free, beers are not :( ).

And Bubba86 & boltzpride, yes - they still let you walk around to check out your seats. I went in yesterday.

Aloha

9T3SVT
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
How's the prices in that area? I never went, I just bring my own stuff. I'd like to check it out at least once this year though. Just wanted to see how steep the food and drinks would be before going.

Steve

Aloha21
06-16-2005, 03:13 PM
9T3SVT - I stop by occasionally to check out the games on all those nice flat panel TVs, but I rarely eat or drink since I've usually had my fill by then (I spend enough on all the $7 dixie cup sized beers inside). I imagine the prices are similar to what you'd pay inside the park, although I vaguely seem to recall that they were slightly lower. The food also looked pretty tasty. It's a fun atmosphere with the live music and you'll often see some Charger Girls doing promos over there (reason enough!).

By the way, Bubba86, after I checked out the Plaza 21 seats, I decided to keep our original Loge 54s. I just couldn't handle having to deal with trying to see over all the foot traffic. After years being on the 40 yard line (family friend's seats), it sucks to have to start all over with zero seniority. Oh well, it's still football!

Aloha

9T3SVT
06-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll have to go check out the Charger girls, err,uh, I mean TV's this year. Tailgating is my favorite sport so I know what your saying about being full when you get there. I always find a way to spend another 100 bucks inside the games though, weird. Anyway, enjoy the season and maybe I'll see you at one of the games.

boltzpride
06-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Born Kailua, (Oahu - not Kona), came over to the mainland age 1. Still have relatives there & Kaneohe. Kauai is unbelievably beautiful, but expensive too.

As for tailgating, we usually roll in around 9:30 am and start grilling around 11. Unfortunately, that's the only game that I won't be able to attend, otherwise I'd love to hang w/ a kama'aina. If you're by yourself, I'd highly recommend going over to parking lot section H2 (http://www.chargers.com/pdf/stadium/q_parking_map.pdf). That is where the Charger's Power Party is held every game - a roped off area (21 & over) with beer garden, bbq food stands, a live band and a bunch of LCD screens showing all the day's games (entrance is free, beers are not :( ).

And Bubba86 & boltzpride, yes - they still let you walk around to check out your seats. I went in yesterday.

Aloha

Hey thanks for the info!

ZipZap
06-17-2005, 07:36 PM

Any comments appreciated

Aloha

Hi Aloha!

I have sat in section 21 during the 2002 season, and have had my seats moved back to that exact section for the upcoming season and I must tell you that it is a GREAT seat!

The two things I love about about sitting in 21 are:

1) You have a perfect view of the main scoreboard across the way

2) You are close enough to the action that you can feel then energy of the crowd as the opposing team tries to score on a goaline situation, yet far enough up the rows (at least I am over in row 15) to have an outstanding view of the rest of the field.

I promise you have nothing to worry about. You will adore your seat! Come by sometime during the game and say hello! (Im am the only dude wearing an authentic Brees Home jersey in the section).

Hope this helps.

.Anthony

Aloha21
06-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Aloha!

I have sat in section 21 during the 2002 season, and have had my seats moved back to that exact section for the upcoming season and I must tell you that it is a GREAT seat!

The two things I love about about sitting in 21 are:

1) You have a perfect view of the main scoreboard across the way

2) You are close enough to the action that you can feel then energy of the crowd as the opposing team tries to score on a goaline situation, yet far enough up the rows (at least I am over in row 15) to have an outstanding view of the rest of the field.

I promise you have nothing to worry about. You will adore your seat! Come by sometime during the game and say hello! (Im am the only dude wearing an authentic Brees Home jersey in the section).

Hope this helps.

.Anthony

Thanks for the input Zip!,

Unfortunately, after much thought, I have already moved us back to our original 2nd row Loge 54s. The only 'upgrades' available to us were the 1st or 2nd row in section 21. After going to the stadium to check them out, I found that they just didn't seem high enough to see over the constant foot traffic or view enough of the field (especially when play is heading in the opposite direction). Row 10 or higher would have been ideal, but oh well - I think we'll be plenty happy, even though I'll be missing out on a great 'party' section (from what I'm told).

Aloha