PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in OC/LA

JoeMcRugby
06-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Just had a nice shaker at about 1:54 PM PST.

SDRaiderH8er
06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Just had a nice shaker at about 1:54 PM PST.

Take care bro.

JoeMcRugby
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Just wondering where it was centered. Didn't last long but it seemed pretty strong. No damage in Los Alamitos (adjacent to Long Beach, Seal Beach and Huntington Beach areas), so all is OK here.

harley
06-16-2005, 03:00 PM
i felt it in bakersfield...i live in the santa cruz where they are common.

Dan40
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.fox11.com/stories/news/socal_earthquake.asp

compubolt
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/index.html

3 miles NE of Yucaipa, CA

JoeMcRugby
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
It's reported as a 5.3, centered just outside of Yukaipa and occurring at an 8 mile depth.

With the major earthquake in Chile and the Crescent City earthquake the other day, makes you wonder if something major is "shaking".

Thanks for the link, compubolt.

compubolt
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
If you look at the link I posted this was the second earth quake today, this one was just large enough for alot of people to feel it.

harley
06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!!

Push the panic button!!!!!!!!

Thunderstruck
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I felt it in Temecula. That's three significant quakes since Sunday morning.

kiwibolt
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
With the major earthquake in Chile and the Crescent City earthquake the other day, makes you wonder if something major is "shaking".

Anybody want to buy some future beachfront property in Yuma? :D

JDaySoCal
06-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah, what the heck is going on?

Cool link... http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Thunderstruck
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, what the heck is going on?

Cool link... http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Look at the big yellow square NE of San Fran in the ocean. That's the one that caused the Tsunami warning.

jweb101
06-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't want to be in the outdated Q when an big earthquake hits. Yikes, has that dinosaur been retrofitted and earthquake safe, or is that part of the deferred maintanence that city has been putting on the backburner?

Bobo
06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/index.html

3 miles NE of Yucaipa, CAWow! I lived in Yucaipa for 10 yrs!

REDZONEFOOTBALL
06-16-2005, 04:31 PM
My roommate is from Yucaipa and his parents still live there. I lived in Big Bear for 17 years and had the pleasure of being there for the Big Bear/Landers quakes. Still on edge every time the earth rumbles. I now live in OC and felt it fine!!! My dam dog didnt warn me!!! Ha HA, he just looked at me, like stop shakin the couch!

daboltz
06-16-2005, 04:36 PM
My roommate is from Yucaipa and his parents still live there. I lived in Big Bear for 17 years and had the pleasure of being there for the Big Bear/Landers quakes. Still on edge every time the earth rumbles. I now live in OC and felt it fine!!! My dam dog didnt warn me!!! Ha HA, he just looked at me, like stop shakin the couch!

my dog sure warned me.....but I yelled @ him to be quiet

Shiloh
06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I grew up in Beaumont, CA (next to Yucaipa). My folks still live there and said it shook pretty good. I remember that Landers/Yucca Valley quake. That one was rockin' and rollin'

Chargeroo
06-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Did you feel it in New Zealand? I didn't feel it here in Oregon. :)

ng8650
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM

Yuma? Isn't it 200 degrees now? :)

Ng

SDRaiderH8er
06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Wow! I lived in Yucaipa for 10 yrs!
I lived in Yucaipa also, My dad worked for Lockhead, my Grandfather worked at the University there in Redlands, we left when i was in the 4th grade, all i remember was it was a bunch of fruit trees.

This was a long time ago, back before dirt was even invented :D

kiwibolt
06-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Didn't feel it here either. ;)

riverhead
06-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Nothing here but we are always anticipating.We are bound for one so the experts say.

denverboltfan
06-16-2005, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=kiwibolt]Didn't feel it here either. ;)[/QUOTE

Didn't feel it here, either. Good thing, as I was on a ladder cleaning out the gutters on my roof.

MoveitMister
06-16-2005, 08:05 PM

Did you feel the one that spawned the tsunami warning the other night?
:o

luv2fli2
06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Nothing here but we are always anticipating.We are bound for one so the experts say.

RH if we get the BIG one you may get that beach front property that you always wanted without leaving the Triangle.......LOL:p

riverhead
06-17-2005, 05:52 AM
RH if we get the BIG one you may get that beach front property that you always wanted without leaving the Triangle.......LOL:p

Would be nice to watch the sunrise with a cup o' Joe on the Clayton Riviera.:Beer: :p

luv2fli2
06-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Would be nice to watch the sunrise with a cup o' Joe on the Clayton Riviera.:Beer: :p

The hubby says as long as they save Smithfield's BBQ, he would survive.....LOL:D

Bobo
06-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I lived in Yucaipa also, My dad worked for Lockhead, my Grandfather worked at the University there in Redlands, we left when i was in the 4th grade, all i remember was it was a bunch of fruit trees.

This was a long time ago, back before dirt was even invented :DLots of orange trees. Haha! I lived in Redlands for 13 yrs. of my life. I was born in '71 & lived there 'til 10/78, then I lived in Yucaipa 'til 8/88. I moved back to Redlands & lived there 'til 7/93, lived in Loma Linda 'til 8/94, moved back to Redlands 'til 9/95 & then moved to Phoenix permanently in 9/95. I visited my family for X-Mas '03 & Redlands has changed some. It's been developed in lots of places for awhile, but it still has orange groves & it should always have them. Oranges are what Redlands will always be known for & orange groves will always be the backbone of the history of Redlands, just like the fly will always be the official bird of Yucaipa.

riverhead
06-17-2005, 08:26 PM
The hubby says as long as they save Smithfield's BBQ, he would survive.....LOL:D

Hey Luv2fli2,

There's a new kid in Clayton town called McCalls Barbecue and seafood. Right across the highway from Smithfield'sBBQ. Buffet style and very good. Their Banana Pudding has real bananas in it unlike Smithfield's.
McCalls servers collards when they are in season. Friday's are seafood days and nights as well. I actually like their BBQ better than Wilber's in Goldsboro.

Out your way, in the Hillsborough area I believe, is Allen and Sons. Awesome BBQ.
Check out McCalls if you are passing through here to Atlantic Beach. Better hurry though, there is a bypass being built. (Should be finished in 2007 :p )

PS Smithfield's BBQ is good but I think their fried chicken is better. That's a wrap for Johnston County cuisine.:Beer:

luv2fli2
06-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey Luv2fli2,

There's a new kid in Clayton town called McCalls Barbecue and seafood. Right across the highway from Smithfield'sBBQ. Buffet style and very good. Their Banana Pudding has real bananas in it unlike Smithfield's.
McCalls servers collards when they are in season. Friday's are seafood days and nights as well. I actually like their BBQ better than Wilber's in Goldsboro.

Out your way, in the Hillsborough area I believe, is Allen and Sons. Awesome BBQ.
Check out McCalls if you are passing through here to Atlantic Beach. Better hurry though, there is a bypass being built. (Should be finished in 2007 :p )

PS Smithfield's BBQ is good but I think their fried chicken is better. That's a wrap for Johnston County cuisine.:Beer:

Thanks for the all county info. :D We are going through there on the 3rd on our way to Kure Beach. I will inform the hubby that his beloved Smithfield's has some competition. LOL:p

riverhead
06-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the all county info. :D We are going through there on the 3rd on our way to Kure Beach. I will inform the hubby that his beloved Smithfield's has some competition. LOL:p

I'll be down on Beaufort on the 2nd with the US Power Squadron but heading back that evening so me and the missus will be here on Sunday. Ya'll are always invited to stop into The Mojo Room about a 1/2 mile off of 70 on the right in Clayton. Just let us know a little ahead of time. :Beer: The draft is always kept cold.

riverhead
06-20-2005, 01:07 PM

It seems to be edging ever closer.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160123,00.html

luv2fli2
06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
It seems to be edging ever closer.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160123,00.html

Be careful what you wish for.......:p

riverhead
07-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Be careful what you wish for.......:p

I am heading over to the west side at the end of this month. Does the San Andreas Fault line run down through San Diego?:confused:

Chargeroo
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I am heading over to the west side at the end of this month. Does the San Andreas Fault line run down through San Diego?:confused:
It runs right under that Motel that's by the Chargers Parks - hope you aren't staying there! I'm certain you're smart enough not to stay there. ;)

I think it's called the San Andreas/Murphy Canyon/Chargers fault. :)

Bubba86
07-10-2005, 03:24 PM

theres the rose canyon fault that runs through san diego.

riverhead
07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
It runs right under that Motel that's by the Chargers Parks - hope you aren't staying there! I'm certain you're smart enough not to stay there. ;)

I think it's called the San Andreas/Murphy Canyon/Chargers fault. :)

LOL. Right under the Holiday Inn?! So if I spot a crack in the ceiling or the floor that means... GETOUT! Right?;)
We could end up sleeping on the 50 yard line.

Thanks in advance Roo.:Beer:

Chargeroo
07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL. Right under the Holiday Inn?! So if I spot a crack in the ceiling or the floor that means... GETOUT! Right?;)
We could end up sleeping on the 50 yard line.

Thanks in advance Roo.:Beer:
As long as you have enough beer with you, you'll never notice them. :)

P.S. Glad to help out.

riverhead
07-11-2005, 06:24 PM

P.S. Glad to help out.

Roger That. I will comply.:)

riverhead
08-25-2005, 05:38 AM

P.S. Glad to help out.

Roo,

I had an extra beer last nite. Just had that feeling than an extra brew was somehow in order, and I woke this morning to this news about a quake here in NC, west of my location in Madison County in the mountains. Only a 3.8 shaker but a quake nonetheless.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166699,00.html

luv2fli2,

Are you reading this?

luv2fli2
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Roo,

I had an extra beer last nite. Just had that feeling than an extra brew was somehow in order, and I woke this morning to this news about a quake here in NC, west of my location in Madison County in the mountains. Only a 3.8 shaker but a quake nonetheless.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166699,00.html

luv2fli2,

Are you reading this?

Yep, slept through the whole thing......:D

geekster
08-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Of course we could all move to Miami and enjoy their weather (http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm12/satelliteradar_large.html?from=wxcenter_maps)? :(

(Keep your head down back there Jr. Seau - trees are flying!)

Between Hurricanes hitting my Son's chosen home state - tornados chewing up Texas and Oklahoma (my family ancestrial home) - I think I'll just stick around here in San Diego County for a spell...

That Rose Canyon fault is worrysome though - the wife works for a company that was foolish enough to build at a location that straddles it...:eek:

LordBling
08-25-2005, 10:35 PM
That Rose Canyon fault is worrysome though - the wife works for a company that was foolish enough to build at a location that straddles it...:eek:

Don't worry, I live about 1.5 miles from that fault. its not as actiuve as people say. the most active fault lines in San Diego are in the east county.

geekster
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Don't worry, I live about 1.5 miles from that fault. its not as actiuve as people say. the most active fault lines in San Diego are in the east county.
;) I failed to mention she's worked there for 25 years now. :Beer: