PDA

View Full Version : your take on my team??

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 12:15 AM
QB- Mike Vick, Joey Harrington

RB- Ladanian Tomlinson, Julius Jones, Curtis Martin, J.J. Arrington (very solid)

WR- Chad Johnson, Michael Clayton, Lee Evans, Troy WIlliamson, Mark Clayton

TE- Randy McMichael, Eric Johnson

K- Ryan Longwell

DEF- San Diego

LTfan4life
06-22-2005, 08:01 AM

RB- Ladanian Tomlinson, Julius Jones, Curtis Martin, J.J. Arrington (very solid)

K- Ryan Longwell

DEF- San Diego

Very solid team. Vick won't get you passing stats, so I'm not too sure about taking him. Who did you take him over? You have a oladed backfield. I'd go with LT and C-Mart as the starters, but watch out for Juice. C-J is one of the best WRs in the game, and Mike CLayton is a rising star. I'm not too sure about having 2 rookie WRs on your team. McMichael could break out if he had a real QB, but he doesn't. Eric Johnson will have a better year IMO. Longwell is an ok kicker. Our defense may be the boom or bust of your fantasy team. The secondary may skyrocket up the rankings, or stay near the bottom.
Overall, I really like your team. You have very good starters, and very capable backups. :Bolt:

71PACharger
06-22-2005, 08:39 AM

K- Ryan Longwell

DEF- San Diego

By far the strength of your team is running backs, I would dump one of the rookie wr's and pick up Garcia if he is available in case Harrington flops again. If Garcia is not available, a sleeper QB I like this year is Patrick Ramsey from the Skins. I really think you need to have a third Qb, considering Vick's health issues.

CJ is a great WR and the others all add depth at their position. Hopefully for you Clayton remains the #1 option in Tampa Bay. Lee Evans may struggle with a new QB at the helm. Williamson is behind Burleson and Robinson on the depth chart I believe and the other Clayton has Boller throwing him passes.

Your TE's are solid. Kicker is okay. I believe SD defense / special teams will be a very solid play at their position.

Overall, nice job. Just get some QB depth! :Bolt:

Boltfan92153
06-22-2005, 09:17 AM
! veteran WR? 4 wrs w/ 0-1 years experience. That is quite a gamble, then again last year I drafted Manning in the first round w/ alot of RB left.You should see how Harrington does in the first few weeks to see if he gets benched, and pursue a FA. Vick may get injured and may not get the passing stats you need. Curtis Martin and Eric Johnson I doubt will have the same success as last year. LT will dominate your league, was he the first pick in your draft?

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Very solid team. Vick won't get you passing stats, so I'm not too sure about taking him. Who did you take him over? You have a oladed backfield. I'd go with LT and C-Mart as the starters, but watch out for Juice. C-J is one of the best WRs in the game, and Mike CLayton is a rising star. I'm not too sure about having 2 rookie WRs on your team. McMichael could break out if he had a real QB, but he doesn't. Eric Johnson will have a better year IMO. Longwell is an ok kicker. Our defense may be the boom or bust of your fantasy team. The secondary may skyrocket up the rankings, or stay near the bottom.
Overall, I really like your team. You have very good starters, and very capable backups. :Bolt:

Basically I think I am going to wait until the season gets closer and starters are named and preseason games are played before I drop one of my rookie WRs for a backup qb... Ramsey, Warner, and Garcia are still there so we'll see... I i know I took Mike Vick in the 7th round but let me check to see who was left.. the next QB drafted was Kerry Collins in the 10th and Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme, Jake Plummer, and Carson Palmer in the 11th. I think I have a really solid base and some potential for some big trades...and the first area I would look would be at QB.

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
By far the strength of your team is running backs, I would dump one of the rookie wr's and pick up Garcia if he is available in case Harrington flops again. If Garcia is not available, a sleeper QB I like this year is Patrick Ramsey from the Skins. I really think you need to have a third Qb, considering Vick's health issues.

CJ is a great WR and the others all add depth at their position. Hopefully for you Clayton remains the #1 option in Tampa Bay. Lee Evans may struggle with a new QB at the helm. Williamson is behind Burleson and Robinson on the depth chart I believe and the other Clayton has Boller throwing him passes.

Your TE's are solid. Kicker is okay. I believe SD defense / special teams will be a very solid play at their position.

Overall, nice job. Just get some QB depth! :Bolt:

Thanks. I think I had one of the better drafts that I've seen lately... My RB's are definitely solid and have some huge trade potential if they all perform. CJ is a stud and Clayton has done nothing but add muscle and get better in the off season so I really see his stats rising. Lee Evans could struggle with Losman or could sky rocket...I was reading something that said he was extremely excited for Bledsoe to not be there because he wouldn't look his (Evans') way that often... and yeah.. I know Williamson is probably behind Burelson on the depth chart but Culpepper seems to really like the kid so I thought it was worth the pick in the 10th round. Mark Clayton is my rookie sleeper this year...I don't have much confidense in Boller but that defense is going to give the offense so much time on the field and they have capable receivers that will arguably allow the best WR after the catch in this year's draft some #2 or #3 cb coverage. But...he's the guy I drop if there is a QB dropped or someone I end up wanting to pick up as the season gets closer.

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 10:47 AM
! veteran WR? 4 wrs w/ 0-1 years experience. That is quite a gamble, then again last year I drafted Manning in the first round w/ alot of RB left.You should see how Harrington does in the first few weeks to see if he gets benched, and pursue a FA. Vick may get injured and may not get the passing stats you need. Curtis Martin and Eric Johnson I doubt will have the same success as last year. LT will dominate your league, was he the first pick in your draft?

It should make for an interesting year. haha.

Manning was actually the first pick so LT dropped to #2 and I grabbed him there...of course... I had the first pick in another league and grabbed LT. Reason being I think it is going to be soooo hard for Manning to duplicate his stats from last year but LT's are only going to get better.

In regards to your comment about my WRs all having 0-1 years of experience....Well not quite...this is going to be Chad Johnson's 5th year in the league but the other guys are a bit of a gamble I guess...I look for Michael Clayton getting even better with what he did this offseason and Lee Evans should get more tds and yards with more looks from Losman but who knows...They could also drop off and I could be in for a long season. Yeah, I wasn't happy with Vick but I didn't want to take Kerry Collins in the 7th and I wanted to grab a QB that has huge potential for improvement there.

Your comment about Curtis Martin is exactly what everyone was saying last year...the guy still has a lot of upside and was picked up in the 5th round...for someone with almost 1700 yards and 12 tds last season... it was a total value pick.

But we shall see...I see huge potential in my team but there are problem areas (QB) that will probably end up being addressed at some time... I just wanted to see what you guys thought and it seems to be right on track with my thoughts.

Boltfan92153
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I feel that QBs are the higher value now (aside from LT) because of how the DB rules have helped their stats. So you may do great or be very average

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I feel that QBs are the higher value now (aside from LT) because of how the DB rules have helped their stats. So you may do great or be very average

well with the yahoo scoring system qb's are overrated a bit this year...the real bread and butter of any team are going to be the receivers. running backs have also had their requirements for points increased while the receivers have pretty much stayed the same. so i agree with the db rules part but i think it is going to be helping the wrs more than the qbs.

donnasaurus
06-22-2005, 08:59 PM

K- Ryan Longwell

DEF- San Diego

How many of each position do you start each week? That will determine how strong your team is. If you start 2 RB and 2 WR's, then you probably need to look into adding another RB, because there's always the injury problem. Keep room for Chatman in case Landanian goes down. And I found that you can change kickers anytime and not hurt yourself. It's the easiest to get another player.

donnasaurus
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Sorry, fat fingered Ladanian. Shame shame.

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 09:15 PM
How many of each position do you start each week? That will determine how strong your team is. If you start 2 RB and 2 WR's, then you probably need to look into adding another RB, because there's always the injury problem. Keep room for Chatman in case Landanian goes down. And I found that you can change kickers anytime and not hurt yourself. It's the easiest to get another player.

1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF

Having 4 RBs on my squad already is enough...if I end up packaging two good players for one great player then I will definitely pick up Chatman just in case L.T. goes down but lets just not talk about that...

Lyi
06-22-2005, 11:03 PM

K- Ryan Longwell

DEF- San Diego

you have a solid group of runningbacks. j.j. arrington will be good for the cardinals...they will have a very dangerous offense.

your wideout group is amazing...good choosing that. all the guys you named are starters. johnson is good for 1200 yards 9-10 tds. clayton will get 1100 yards 8 tds. evans will get 800 yards 7 tds. williamson may possilby get 1000 yards 6 tds if he pans out. and mark clayton is the number 2 in baltimore...i expect 800 yards 4 tds.

te's...is decent. randy mcmichael is good but won't have the ball thrown hs way alot...he'll be used as a blocker majority of the time. hes going to pound the ball with ronnie brown and stretch the field with chambers and booker.
eric johnson is a good pick.

u coulda got a better kicker...their offense won't even be that good...they lost their 2 guards where green like to pound the ball the most. green will struggle this season and he will notice the loss of rivera and wahle.

and our defense is a very good choice. if shaun phillips has a year like brees where he is given that opportunity because of a holdout...then our pass rush will be very good. just imagine foley one side phillips the other. and kiel and florence will get you picks.

ryanfitz1604
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks. i thought it was a good draft so that is why i wanted everyone's take.. but as far as long well goes..he was the best kicker available in the 14th round... i honestly believe kickers are more of a luck position...i picked longwell because i think they aren't going to be getting into the end zone as much this year...so...that hopefully means more long distance field goals.

Lyi
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
green bay won't be able to move the ball very well at all. they lost their 2 guards. they had trouble last season picking up the blitz with those 2 guys in therre...2 very good guards...imagine them tyring to do that with 2 new no namers.

javon walker is the steal though if anyone got him. i predict 1300 yards 13 tds.