PDA

View Full Version : OT-Drinking Water

mef31
07-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey-

I'm from NY but i was just wondering what you guys in San Diego think about the idea of drinking treated waste water. I don't think I would do it but i'd be all for using it for golf courses and sprinklers and stuff like that. Just curious as to what you guys think.

boltnut369
07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey-

I'm from NY but i was just wondering what you guys in San Diego think about the idea of drinking treated waste water. I don't think I would do it but i'd be all for using it for golf courses and sprinklers and stuff like that. Just curious as to what you guys think.

No wonder New Yorkers are so pissed off all the time!

Tap water in Southern California tastes so foul as it is I don't think anyone would know the difference.

mef31
07-15-2005, 09:16 AM
LOL! We don't do that in New York. I think our waters pretty good and i think it's the reason our pizza and bagels are so good. I just brought it up because I read that they were thinking of doing it in San Diego on the UT site.

boltnut369
07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
LOL! We don't do that in New York. I think our waters pretty good and i think it's the reason our pizza and bagels are so good. I just brought it up because I read that they were thinking of doing it in San Diego on the UT site.

I didn't mean to imply that New Yorkers are drinking tainted water, I just thought.... Did Donna Frye suggest such a distasteful idea?

mef31
07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Oh okay. Well heres the link water treatment (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050715-9999-1n15tap.html) .

And don't worry about Frye, I'm having some mafia buddies take her and her 166 acre park visions down.

boltnut369
07-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh okay. Well heres the link water treatment (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050715-9999-1n15tap.html) .

And don't worry about Frye, I'm having some mafia buddies take her and her 166 acre park visions down.

Saves me from having to!

EasilyExcitable
07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Interesting question. I would feel sickened, frankly, but if we keep expanding as a population, we may not have a choice in the future. At least, the people that haven't already made the switch to bottled water won't have a choice.

For sprinklers, maybe even for wash water, but to drink? I just don't know if I could do it.

On a side note, the water that they get in NYC comes from upstate NY. I went to college in the Hudson Valley, where the water comes from, and it is great quality. Much better than the pipes that bring it down to NYC, actually! And I think that the above poster is right about how that makes the bagels and pizza crust taste so distinctively delicious.

LTfan4life
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Kind of off-subject, but what's so great about Fiji/Fuji water? Ya know, the one in the square-shaped, cool looking bottle?