PDA

View Full Version : reserve players

boltzpride
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I read about sleepers, Garcia as a qb and larry johnson as a rb and how they should be taken as reserves. But in a 10 team league that I mocked drafted there are still starters available. Such as david carr and warrick dunn in the last rounds of the draft. Do I draft starters in the late rounds, or players who could produce big if given the chance as reserves?

CoronaDoug
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Draft players that will help you when your starters have a bye week. It does you no good having Jeff Garcia as a back-up if you can't use him when your starter is injured or on a bye.:Beer:

slvrbuliet
07-18-2005, 10:45 AM
in leagues with only 10 players there is more than enough to go around.....so DO NOT draft backups over starters.......backs that share the backfield (warrick dunn) are better than backups with a hope of starting if someone gets hurt (Drerick Blaylock)

just be on top of the news, and be the first to hop on the waiver wire when stuff happens.......even if you dont need him hes trade bait

boltzpride
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
in leagues with only 10 players there is more than enough to go around.....so DO NOT draft backups over starters.......backs that share the backfield (warrick dunn) are better than backups with a hope of starting if someone gets hurt (Drerick Blaylock)

just be on top of the news, and be the first to hop on the waiver wire when stuff happens.......even if you dont need him hes trade bait

thanks , thats what i was thinking in a 10 person league. There are still a lot of starters to pick from at the later stages of the draft.