PDA

View Full Version : Checking out Tijuana

PhillyFan
07-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Okay,

When I come out for the CHARGERS/giants game, I'm wondering if I should checkout Tijuana. I was there once back in 1990, and thought it was alright, but that was during the day. I'm the kind of guy that wants to see it at night.

Chargers Rule!
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
You should go to the "coahuila". Go check out "Adelitas Bar", ask someone they'll tell you where to go.:Beer:

Bobmarleysd
07-25-2005, 09:05 AM
You should go to the "coahuila". Go check out "Adelitas Bar", ask someone they'll tell you where to go.:Beer:

Yea the beer is real cheap and so is the women lol . Im sure you'll have a great time in TJ.

SDRaiderH8er
07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Just dont go in the same bar that Barret Robbins did, the Tequillia in there is pretty cheap, and makes you do some crazy things.

Otherwise, I am sure you will have a great time.

rule12b
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
I've been going down to Baja since I was 5 (27 years). TJ is NOT exactly a destination worth visiting IMHO. However, if you head just a little further south (20 min), Rosarito, though rapidly declining is still ok and better still is a visit to Puerto Nuevo (10 min more) for pacific lobsters (albeit imported nowdays), margaritas, and frosty beers by the ocean!

StevenSD
07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been going down to Baja since I was 5 (27 years). TJ is NOT exactly a destination worth visiting IMHO. However, if you head just a little further south (20 min), Rosarito, though rapidly declining is still ok and better still is a visit to Puerto Nuevo (10 min more) for pacific lobsters (albeit imported nowdays), margaritas, and frosty beers by the ocean!

TJ is the worst part of Mexico. Only good thing there is buying a carton of Marlborro Reds for $15.

El Relámpago
07-26-2005, 05:03 PM

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You're sending him into the Pit! That's no place for a rookie.

BoltzNBrew
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
TJ is the worst part of Mexico. Only good thing there is buying a carton of Marlborro Reds for $15.

Yeah, too bad they taste like crap. TJ Is a cesspool. Find somewhere else to go.

SDRaiderH8er
07-27-2005, 10:07 AM

You like Puerto Nuevo?

Not enough Parking, and they charge why to much for that.

rule12b
07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
You like Puerto Nuevo?

I've been going long enough I suppose to work it. Most restaurants will let you park in front of their place for free if you are eating there. Almost always find free parking on the street, and the food is simply great. The whole experience is like winding the clock back about 30 years (roughly when I started going to Las Gaviotas all the time. . .)

Bubba86
07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
You like Puerto Nuevo?

my brothers bachelor party was at a beach house that was a quarter mile walk from puerto nuevo it was awesome.

the best tacos i had down in mexico were in baja malibu though, at a little restaurant with a stand outside of it right when you get in. thats definately one of the nicer places as well.

Chargers Rule!
07-27-2005, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=El Relámpago]Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You're sending him into the Pit! That's no place for a rookie.

Is there any where else to go?
:confused: lol lol

PhillyFan
07-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You're sending him into the Pit! That's no place for a rookie.

I handled Amsterdam rather well. Or should I say Amsterdam handled me rather well................Sorry, that's all I can say.

espanto619
08-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Honestly bro, just be very careful if you do decide to head down there!!! Whatever you do, do not drive down there...espec with a rental car. Spend the money to take a cab. Don't do anything stupid (like pissing in the alley) either. You don't want to give the cops a reason to take your $$ or your butt to jail.

wyattearp65
08-05-2005, 03:05 PM
many,many good times at the long bar on revolution, I mean I think they were good time's, cause i cant actually remember what I did, but all my friends said we had a good time,and we went back again and again :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer:

Bobmarleysd
08-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Go to ***** cats they got fine women there.

SkiLLET
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Yo dont want to go there. Its trashy and smog plus lots of traffic.

Go to ROSARITO its kinda close to TJ. if you stay on the main road you go near the beach and there is lots os tourist just walking and looking. go to 'papas and beer'. 9 miles down the road (or more/less, not sure) there are sand dunes where you can ride quads. and if you got a family try going to Fox Studios. I have no clue how much it costs. They have the titanic set there. http://www.liveinbaja.com/about_rosarito.html

----

Can someone tell me what the Franchise tag is and what it does, please? I tried searching and I cant find nothing.

Charger1972
08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Just dont do nothing stupid, dont litter and if you drink and have to pop the seal make sure you make it to the head or you will be in JAIL them guys have eyes everywhere its kinda amazing :)

GrbgCllctr
08-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I say nix the idea of going to TJ. The dynamics of that city have evolved into a quite a dangerous place, for Americans, over the past decade. I discourage visiting relatives all the time. It is filthy and the cops are, as always, very corrupt. If I wanted to face the possibility of being Stupid In Public (i.e. Drunk In Public) I would rather face the long arm of the law on this side of the border, not that side. If you feel you must make a pilgrimage to Mexico then I would take the advice of some of the other posters and bypass TJ for the Rosarito area. Then again, if you live by the "it won't happen to me" attitude - give it a shot. You may very well come away unscathed and have a fun time (depending on what you are actually into) as some of the other posters apparently have. IMHO.

El Relámpago
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
If you decide to go to Tj, take a local (I am a local..well, was). I go there every few weeks or so. It's not THAT bad. Don't make it sound like Beirut! However, you can have a bad time if you think you're going to be "big, bad, ugly american" over there! Just be cool, don't venture into dark alleys, act as if you have some manners & social skills & you'll be cool. Revolution is for the tourists. It can be fun, cheap beer, cheap everything really. Those of us that know the area go to the real clubs. And yes, there are some hot chics there, but you have to know where to go.

Cabs are ok, but don't let them see your cash or they'll try to rip you off by telling you it's more. $5 bucks should be the max...if that! try the Taxi Libre. They have meters in their cabs.

All in all, you're going to another country. Show some respect for it's people, culture & laws! If you do that, you'll have a blast!

Your pal,

One Cool Tijuanense

PhillyFan
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
If you decide to go to Tj, take a local (I am a local..well, was). I go there every few weeks or so. It's not THAT bad. Don't make it sound like Beirut! However, you can have a bad time if you think you're going to be "big, bad, ugly american" over there! Just be cool, don't venture into dark alleys, act as if you have some manners & social skills & you'll be cool. Revolution is for the tourists. It can be fun, cheap beer, cheap everything really. Those of us that know the area go to the real clubs. And yes, there are some hot chics there, but you have to know where to go.

Cabs are ok, but don't let them see your cash or they'll try to rip you off by telling you it's more. $5 bucks should be the max...if that! try the Taxi Libre. They have meters in their cabs.

All in all, you're going to another country. Show some respect for it's people, culture & laws! If you do that, you'll have a blast!

Your pal,

One Cool Tijuanense

Speaking of showing respect for culture, people, and laws, I'll be in Japan for 2 weeks starting September 2nd. You should read some of the etiquette standards they have there.