PDA

View Full Version : Is LT worthy of this year's #1 pick?

Boltfreek
07-21-2005, 07:00 AM
My answer is definetly not! He is the best running back in the league in my opinion, however, in terms of fantasy points, I believe he is a "foolers play" this year. He won't get the "touches" as he has had in the past, not to mention the talent pool at running back is so deep, you can find quality further down in the later rounds.
Other positions (QB) are not nearly so deep so with that said, if LT gets to the #5 slot, there is your value, not #1 overall.

ElectricChair
07-21-2005, 09:05 AM
I wish you were in my league.

Boltfan92153
07-21-2005, 10:32 AM
On the contrary LT has been going against 8 man fronts and did an amazing job, with a better supporting cast, he will have more space to run, and he is primed for a big year

Chargeroo
07-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I expect our passing game to be better than last year. That means the other team will be using 7 man fronts and be on it's heels and LT will get more yards per carry than he ever has. He may very well get fewer carries, but his total yardage will be up. When you look at the number of teams that are spreading the ball around between 2 and even 3 RB's, you'll notice that RB depth is as great as it used to be. I'd sure take LT with the #1 pick in my draft if I had that pick.

DEboltsfan
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Someone told me weeks a go in a post.........it is a no brainer. I do not necassarily believe that it is a no brainer but I'm still going to franchise him. He is valuable and is my favorite player in football. Why not?

Bubba86
07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I wish you were in my league.

i had 4 people like him in mine (i picked 5th and still got lt)

squabble
07-22-2005, 01:04 AM
LT is the only #1 choice, what on earth would possess somebody to draft anybody else first? Even these so called experts acknowledge that he is the only no brainer choice in the draft!

Boltfreek
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Agreed his production per touch will increase, however, there are so
many things that the O-Coordinator can do now that don't have to involve
him in terms of direct production.
So he doesn't go against 8 man fronts anymore? Is that supposed to mean that he won't be "Keyed" in on every play? Marty as a coach is so predictable that teams KNOW he'll run the ball more than he should and LT
will still be facing 8 man fronts, just not as much.
LT is, in my mind the best football player in the league, but in terms of Fantasy Productivity, you're going to get more for your #1 pick elesewhere.
Peyton Manning is the pick for me.

Havoc3_20
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I have 3 Diffrent fantasy Teams and he has been taken #2 Overall In all my drafts with only manning going before him.

CoopDeVille
07-25-2005, 10:53 PM
LT is THE #1 pick!! What are you smoking bro? Where can I get some? LOL!!

geekster
07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
LT is THE #1 pick!! What are you smoking bro? Where can I get some? LOL!!
Hey Coop - long time no type - good to c ya back! -=dave=-

slvrbuliet
08-03-2005, 05:56 AM
why dont I ever get idiots in my leagues.......

ive drafted 2nd twice and still havent gotten LT.....i even hide the fact that im a chargers fan till after the draft

even the occasional "OMG LT JUST BROKE HIS LEG AT PRACTICE DONT DRAFT HIM" seconds before the draft doesnt work.....hahaha

ComputerFatGuy
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
why dont I ever get idiots in my leagues.......

ive drafted 2nd twice and still havent gotten LT.....i even hide the fact that im a chargers fan till after the draft

even the occasional "OMG LT JUST BROKE HIS LEG AT PRACTICE DONT DRAFT HIM" seconds before the draft doesnt work.....hahaha

*knock on wood*

BoltzNBrew
08-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I just drew the #1 pick in my draft and LT will be the pick. Since I hate all Mannings he is not an option. :D

GuinnessStout
08-19-2005, 04:05 PM
the bookies seem to think LDT is worth the #1 overall pick in most fantasy leagues - http://http://www.bodognation.com/Arena-Action/arena-0819-03/ - but they're calling Priest Holmes a bust???? ***????