PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Football Movie

BCBoltFan
07-21-2005, 11:45 AM
What's your favorite football flick? There's a handfull a good ones I left out but, I think these are some of the hardcore best of the best!

Diehard_bolt
07-21-2005, 12:08 PM
You left out a lot of other good movies!

North Dallas Forty, The replacements, and many more.

BCBoltFan
07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
You left out a lot of other good movies!

North Dallas Forty, The replacements, and many more.
And Knute Rockne, Paper Lion, Wildcats-just kidding,...etc. Only had 10 choices. Purposely left out North Dallas 40! :Beer:

LTfan4life
07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
varsity blues, hands down.

TrabucoWR
07-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Gotta say Rudy. Can't help but feel inspired after watching that movie.

TD4LT
07-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Any Given Sunday showed how it realy is I would no ;)

denverboltfan
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Gotta say Rudy. Can't help but feel inspired after watching that movie.

Ditto from Denver. Although Remember the Titans was close.

Bobo
07-21-2005, 11:01 PM
North Dallas 40 is my favorite football movie. Slap Shot is the best ever sports movie, though. :Helmet:

TD4LT
07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Best sports Ever is hands down no questions asked undisputed champion of the world
CADDYSHACK

mattmc223
07-22-2005, 12:48 AM
I think mine is a tie between Any Given Sunday, Remember the Titans, and Friday Night Lights.

BCBoltFan
07-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Saw this DVD in a bin at Wal Mart for cheap. I've never seen it, is it worth watching more than once or twice? Even at cheap, I don't buy too many DVD's to just sit around and collect dust.

LTfan4life
07-24-2005, 02:49 PM
What about Radio?

SDRaiderH8er
07-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Brians Song, Remember the Titans, and Rudy are good ones because they are true.

but you left out the classic's, Water Boy, and Angels in the End Zone are a must for any collection

Friday Night Lights is a very good one, and along with Radio, they will make a dreat Twin Bill.

But if I had to pick one,

Friday Night Lights, its ending goes against Hollywood.

AthensPHILIPRfan
07-24-2005, 04:19 PM
a movie called "Hometown Legend"??

It's one of the BEST football movies that I've ever seen and we watch it usually bout twice a month around here. It's got some errie similiar parts/locations/scenery in it that just hit home cause of where we are (Athens, AL) and how much like Alabama this movie really is and how our own hometown "legend" seemed to bring the Athens program back to life.

check it out at this website:

http://www.hometownlegend.com/

Other than that...I'm a football movie fanatic! I absolutely love "Friday Night Lights", "Radio", and "Remember The Titans" and I love "Rudy" if it just wasn't about Notre Dame....yuckkkkkkk (still holding a leprechaun grudge from some jerk at the Gator Bowl when NC State played Notta DangthangtheycoulddoagainstState!) LOL!! ;-)

Teresa

ksusprolescharg
07-24-2005, 07:15 PM
left out the replacements man i would have to say thats my most favorite football movie just cause of that fact that in the movie it shows the old down football players getting a second chance

geekster
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
What about Radio?
I was thinking the same thing - wondering why it wasn't listed. Good flick.

IgorUnchained
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM
It's hard to say what my favorite football movie is, but my favorite scene from a football movie is the "Inches" speech from Any Given Sunday.....some of Al Pacino's best work.

BCBoltFan
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing - wondering why it wasn't listed. Good flick.There's a handfull a good ones I left out but, I think these are some of the hardcore best of the best!
Once you start talking about it, you realize how many good football movies there are.

geekster
07-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Once you start talking about it, you realize how many good football movies there are.

Hey - I'm not griping - good thread and it has given me an updated "shopping list" for netflix.com! :D Man I have GOT to get a life or the wife is gonna kill me! :cool:

ltinabottle
11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Brian's Song was the first gridiron movie I saw as a kid. I admit...I did shed a tear. Who didn't?

As for all time favorite movie, I have to say Remember the Titans. Leave no doubt!! Based on a true story. Cool film and of course Denzil Washington acts as cool as he walks.

Go Bolts!:Bolt:

wyattearp65
11-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Best sports Ever is hands down no questions asked undisputed champion of the world
CADDYSHACK
Is golf even a sport? More of a hobby is'nt it?
Like darts, and bowling, or I know shuffle board,
O.K. you Golf lovers can now light into me,
Tiger, Arnold, Jack,and That Canadian guy are all gonna hate me now!!
P.S.Remember the Titans is the best Football movie

wyattearp65
11-28-2005, 07:43 PM
It's hard to say what my favorite football movie is, but my favorite scene from a football movie is the "Inches" speech from Any Given Sunday.....some of Al Pacino's best work.
Igor this is the one or two time's that I have to Disagree with you,
Usally were on the same page about most things but.....
Al Pacino's Best work??
Come on man!!!
I wont even list Some of Pacino's best work but.....The godfather, Scent of a Women,Heat, Dog Day Afternoon, somewhere down the line in the far off distance is Any Given sunday, Thats a Pretty hard sell Pacino as a football coach, Hoo-ya

badmary
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I loved the Longest Yard, it was funnny as hell.I am not a big Burt fan but that was a great movie.Jerry Maguire was good, "Show Me The Money"

BoltMark
11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
My Best List:

1. The Longest Yard (The original of course, when Burt was the coolest thing around)
2. Brian's Song (Along with Old Yeller and Rocky III, the only movies guys are allowed to cry during)
3. Remember the Titans (Very good story, performances)
4. Varsity Blues (Suprisingly good story, and hot chicks! :) )
5. The Waterboy (Good ol' dumb fun)

Honorable Mention: The Best of Times (Jack Dundee: Want a taste of your own medicine, Dr. Death?)

Harry Haller
11-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Yo:

All the right moves.

HH

BoltzFanInIraq
12-05-2005, 01:27 PM
My vote goes to Any Given Sunday. With an all-star cast, and a hell of a director, you can't go wrong with this movie...