PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Boltfreek
07-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyone out there willing to give advice to a first time Fantasy Football player? I am slotted 11th pick in a 12 team league.
It is a snake draft setting so I'll have the 11th and 14th picks.
The set up is very basic in scope but there is a "flex" player if anyone is familiar with that.

I'm thinking Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss at 11th and possibly
Brett Farve or Drew Brees at 14th.

Feedback?

Bubba86
07-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone out there willing to give advice to a first time Fantasy Football player? I am slotted 11th pick in a 12 team league.
The set up is very basic in scope but there is a "flex" player if anyone is familiar with that.

Feedback?

in most leagues, you will probably want to take a running back first since they often get you the most points. i would take the top available rb with your first pick and then either get another rb (who you can either keep or trade) or pickup a qb possible a wr depending whos there. if you still want to go wr, qb with your picks then randy moss would probably be the pick if he was there but i probably wouldnt take marvin with a #1 pick, hes good but he wasnt even the leading receiver on the colts last year. instead look at t.o. or andre johnson. brett farve and drew brees will most likely be taken in rounds 3-5 so you might want to take a higher rated qb or wait a round.

CoronaDoug
07-28-2005, 01:37 AM
RB, RB. Come back down and get WR, WR

boltheadmv
08-06-2005, 03:32 PM
unless your league's scoring system is so totally skewerd toward qb's, or wr's, pick 2 running backs.
i'd go wr and wr next.
do some homework, and pick a qb down the line. you don't need a stud qb to win. you DO need stud rb's. don't be afraid to stockpile them in later rounds, either.
and DON'T be a homer.

sdbolts85
08-13-2005, 02:52 PM

Feedback?

yeah definitely dont take drew or farve at 14. the only qbs you should consider at that spot are manning (will be taken already), culpepper (prbly taken), and mcnabb (i took him 17th in my draft and i think that was too early). i think taking randy is fine at 11, otherwise go with the best rb. since there is a flex position, go with two rbs first (or randy and a rb). i think in a 2 rb, 3 wr league it would be fine to grab a rb with 11 and marvin at 14.

LTfan4life
08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Take the best RBs you can. Keep in mind starters who are injury prone. Their backups may be a decent pickup. Don't take a kicker until the last couple rounds. Depending on how many WRs your league allows you to have, you may be able to find solid undrafted guys in your league.

Havoc3_20
08-13-2005, 05:30 PM
you need 2 RB's right off the start for sure

#1 Queifs hater
08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
rb are usual choices but it depends on what players are still there 4 the takin. if a good qb like mmcnab or farve are there get them and if a good wide reciver like Harrison is still there u take them but if there is a great rb u take him but save your next pick 4 a great wide reciever or qb

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Advice:
Draft Ladainain Tomlinson!

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Then draft whatever else. lol. LT is the best RB. :21:

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
It's always the best to get the last pick because you usually get the 1st pick of the next round. 1st pick= bad usually.

SuperBowlBolts
08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
It's always the best to get the last pick because you usually get the 1st pick of the next round. 1st pick= bad usually.
how is the 1st pick bad when its a sure thing your gonna be gettin LT lol unless of course u dont like taking LT with the #1 pick

robanalog
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
If your 2 picks are close and you can get a tandem that's guaranteed points, strategically maybe do that. EXAMPLE: Moss and Collins (though he may last until later rounds.) Everytime they score, that's double up on your point total. Score a TD, that's 12 instead of getting 2 rbs that may or may not score in the game. BUT make sure it's a GUARANTEED scoring tandem. (Like how last year it was MCNAbb to T.O, Culpepper to Moss etc...) This way you will always have a decent weekly score and the only real down week you'll have is the tandem's bye week.
RBs are always good but that's another strategy with late round picks (for the first 2 rounds only). Plus, there are a few decent rookie running backs this year that are instant starters so you may be able to pull these guys off later...Good luck.

Boltfan92153
08-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Drew will last longer same with favre. You can always pick a good QB later.