PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Devo tonight!!!!!

hegor
08-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Woohoo!

House of Blues in Anaheim! By the way they do have a date in San Diego in September.

If anyone wonders why I like Devo and also like Charger football I would suggest you look at Raider fans more closely and then read my signiture!

Bobo
08-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Lucky, you! I love Devo! Classic Alt-Rock at it's best!

wyattearp65
08-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Lucky, you! I love Devo! Classic Alt-Rock at it's best!
I always called bands like Devo, and The Surf Punks, B-52s. GO-GOs' ETC... NEW WAVE, when did the term alt rock come about, I first heard it in the mid to late 90s, connected to college bands? Anyways Devo was pretty KOOL!!! :D

JDaySoCal
08-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Right on. Have fun, man.

I saw 311 Monday night at the Grove. Great show. Those guys throw it down every time.

Bobo
08-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I always called bands like Devo, and The Surf Punks, B-52s. GO-GOs' ETC... NEW WAVE, when did the term alt rock come about, I first heard it in the mid to late 90s, connected to college bands? Anyways Devo was pretty KOOL!!! :DThe Alt-Rock term has been around since the '80's. Modern Rock is another term that means the same thing. New Wave is AKA Post-Punk & is also Alt-Rock. Alternative is Cutting-Edge & it's roots are in Pre-Punk like The Velvet Underground, The Stooges, David Bowie, MC5 & the like. The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned & the like were harder, but still Cutting-Edge. Great bands like The B-52's, The Go-Go's, Devo, Surf Punks, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Duran Duran, The Cure & the like weren't as hard as Punk, but there are traces of Punk in their music, hence the term New Wave or Post-Punk. I grew up on KROQ & they're the pioneers of Alt. radio. The Pixies, The Cult, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, Killing Joke, Ministry paved the way for Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, 9" Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Green Day & the like. I've left out alot of bands, but this should help. :Helmet:

hegor
08-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Well said Bobo.

By the way the show was great. Mostly their late 70s early 80s stuff. I recommend anyone go see them who wants to see a great show. But damn was House of Blues packed.

wyattearp65
08-06-2005, 06:52 PM
The Alt-Rock term has been around since the '80's. Modern Rock is another term that means the same thing. New Wave is AKA Post-Punk & is also Alt-Rock. Alternative is Cutting-Edge & it's roots are in Pre-Punk like The Velvet Underground, The Stooges, David Bowie, MC5 & the like. The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned & the like were harder, but still Cutting-Edge. Great bands like The B-52's, The Go-Go's, Devo, Surf Punks, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Duran Duran, The Cure & the like weren't as hard as Punk, but there are traces of Punk in their music, hence the term New Wave or Post-Punk. I grew up on KROQ & they're the pioneers of Alt. radio. The Pixies, The Cult, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, Killing Joke, Ministry paved the way for Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, 9" Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Green Day & the like. I've left out alot of bands, but this should help. :Helmet:
WOW!!!, bobo you are pretty schooled in The underground music scene as i consider myself to be, you have named(once again) alot of bands that i really liked, for example, The Velvet Underground(Lou Reed, nico,and the whole Andy Wharhol experience)I also grew up on KROQ's rodney on the rock in the years I was a punk, that was the cutting edge of music, although i think siouxsie and the banshee's were in the era of the Pistols and the clash,Sid Vicious played drums for the banshee's early on if you can believe that.
man was i ever in love with her,when i was a teenager!!!LOL her and exene cervenka from "X"
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/130/sstag809fe.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sstag809fe.jpg)
as far as hanging, if or when I move out tp ariz. thats would be cool!!
here's the top 105 songs of 1981 on KROQ.
so take a walk down mwmory lane!!!
1. Mental Hopscotch - Missing Persons
2. Ant Music - Adam & the Ants
3. We Got The Beat - Go-Go's
4. It's My Party- Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin
5. Johnny Are You *****? - Josie Cotton
6. On The Outside - Oingo Boingo
7. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
8. Never Say Never - Romeo Void
9. We Want The Airwaves - Ramones
10. I'm With The Guys - Penetrators
11. Stand And Deliver - Adam & the Ants
12. Janitor - Suburban Lawns
13. Homo Sapien - Peter Shelly
14. Adulteress - Pretenders
15. Funny Faces - Sparks
16. White Girl - X
17. Jerkin' Back And Forth - Devo
18. New Toy - Lena Lovich
19. Lust To Love - Go-Go's
20. Waiting On A Friend - Rolling Stones
21. I Will Follow - U2
22. Every Little Thing - Police
23. Electricity - OMD
24. Prince Charming - Adam & the Ants
25. Girls On Film - Duran Duran
26. Work - Bow Wow Wow
27. I Know What Boys Like - Waitresses
28. Upstairs - Sparks
29. Long Story - Spandau Ballet
30. Friends Of Mr. Cairo - Jon & Vangelis
31. Destroyer - Kinks
32. Our Lips Are Sealed - Go-Go's
33. It's Too Late - Jim Carroll
34. Dancin' With Myself - Generation X
35. Lunatic - Red Rider
36. U.F.O. - Caution
37. Tom Sawyer - Rush
38. Hard Act - Split Enz
39. Bang Bang - Iggy Pop
40. See You On The Other Side - Brian Briggs
41. Ghost Town - Specials
42. Turn Me Lose - Loverboy
43. Dog Eat Dog - Adam & the Ants
44. Bad Boys - Pretenders
45. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
46. Primary - Cure
47. Fascist Groove Thing - Heaven 17
48. Under Pressure - David Bowie and Queen
49. Elephant Talk - King Crimson
50. This Town - Go-Go's
51. Neighbors - Rolling Stones
52. Life Of Illusion - Joe Walsh
53. Through Being Cool - Devo
54. Sex Junkie - Plasmatics
55. Urgent - Foreigner
56. Red Light - Wall Of Voodoo
57. Spirits in the Material World - Police
58. What Does Sex Mean To Me? - Human Sexual Response
59. Martian - Sparks
60. You Better You Bet - Who
61. Pack It Up - Pretenders
62. Almost Saturday Night - Dave Edmunds
63. What You See - Oingo Boingo
64. Workin' In A Coal Mine - Devo
65. Shake It Up - Cars
66. Once Over - X
67. Tips For Teens - Sparks
68. Mercury Blues - David Lindley
69. Nuclear Boy - 20/20
70. Chihuahua - Bow Wow Wow
71. Spellbound - Siouxsie & Banshees
72. I Like Boys - Missing Persons
73. Better Be Good To Me - Spider
74. City Bound - Novo Combo
75. Superfreak - Rick James
76. Jackie Onassis - Human Sexual Response
77. Friends - Adam & Ants
78. Goin' Under - Devo
79. Follow The Leaders - Killing Joke
80. Problem Child - AC/DC
81. Lunacy - Plasmatics
82. Mony Mony - Billy Idol
83. Jukebox Hero - Foreigner
84. Nightwatchman - Tom Petty
85. What We Want - Gang Of Four
86. Abacab - Genesis
87. How Much More - Go-Go's
88. I Love Rock And Roll - Joan Jett
89. Day After Day - Pretenders
90. Tempted - Squeeze
91. Slave - Rolling Stones
92. Up All Night - Boomtown Rats
93. Mothers Little Helper - Polyphonic Size
94. People Who Died - Jim Carroll
95. Whisper - Elvis Costello
96. Dream Away - Cars
97. Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
98. Mirror In The Bathroom - English Beat
99. Take Her Where The Boys Are - Eye Protection
100. Stroke - Billy Squire
101. Little Sister - Various
102. Now - Plimsouls
103. Can't Stop Hurting Myself - Gregg Kihn
104. One World - Police
105. Adult Books - X
106. Amoeba - Adolescents
106.7 Jetsons Theme

Bobo
08-07-2005, 01:36 AM
WOW!!!, bobo you are pretty schooled in The underground music scene as i consider myself to be, you have named(once again) alot of bands that i really liked, for example, The Velvet Underground(Lou Reed, nico,and the whole Andy Wharhol experience)I also grew up on KROQ's rodney on the rock in the years I was a punk, that was the cutting edge of music, although i think siouxsie and the banshee's were in the era of the Pistols and the clash,Sid Vicious played drums for the banshee's early on if you can believe that.
man was i ever in love with her,when i was a teenager!!!LOL her and exene cervenka from "X"
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/130/sstag809fe.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sstag809fe.jpg)
as far as hanging, if or when I move out tp ariz. thats would be cool!!
here's the top 105 songs of 1981 on KROQ.
so take a walk down mwmory lane!!!
1. Mental Hopscotch - Missing Persons
2. Ant Music - Adam & the Ants
3. We Got The Beat - Go-Go's
4. It's My Party- Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin
5. Johnny Are You *****? - Josie Cotton
6. On The Outside - Oingo Boingo
7. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
8. Never Say Never - Romeo Void
9. We Want The Airwaves - Ramones
10. I'm With The Guys - Penetrators
11. Stand And Deliver - Adam & the Ants
12. Janitor - Suburban Lawns
13. Homo Sapien - Peter Shelly
14. Adulteress - Pretenders
15. Funny Faces - Sparks
16. White Girl - X
17. Jerkin' Back And Forth - Devo
18. New Toy - Lena Lovich
19. Lust To Love - Go-Go's
20. Waiting On A Friend - Rolling Stones
21. I Will Follow - U2
22. Every Little Thing - Police
23. Electricity - OMD
24. Prince Charming - Adam & the Ants
25. Girls On Film - Duran Duran
26. Work - Bow Wow Wow
27. I Know What Boys Like - Waitresses
28. Upstairs - Sparks
29. Long Story - Spandau Ballet
30. Friends Of Mr. Cairo - Jon & Vangelis
31. Destroyer - Kinks
32. Our Lips Are Sealed - Go-Go's
33. It's Too Late - Jim Carroll
34. Dancin' With Myself - Generation X
35. Lunatic - Red Rider
36. U.F.O. - Caution
37. Tom Sawyer - Rush
38. Hard Act - Split Enz
39. Bang Bang - Iggy Pop
40. See You On The Other Side - Brian Briggs
41. Ghost Town - Specials
42. Turn Me Lose - Loverboy
43. Dog Eat Dog - Adam & the Ants
44. Bad Boys - Pretenders
45. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
46. Primary - Cure
47. Fascist Groove Thing - Heaven 17
48. Under Pressure - David Bowie and Queen
49. Elephant Talk - King Crimson
50. This Town - Go-Go's
51. Neighbors - Rolling Stones
52. Life Of Illusion - Joe Walsh
53. Through Being Cool - Devo
54. Sex Junkie - Plasmatics
55. Urgent - Foreigner
56. Red Light - Wall Of Voodoo
57. Spirits in the Material World - Police
58. What Does Sex Mean To Me? - Human Sexual Response
59. Martian - Sparks
60. You Better You Bet - Who
61. Pack It Up - Pretenders
62. Almost Saturday Night - Dave Edmunds
63. What You See - Oingo Boingo
64. Workin' In A Coal Mine - Devo
65. Shake It Up - Cars
66. Once Over - X
67. Tips For Teens - Sparks
68. Mercury Blues - David Lindley
69. Nuclear Boy - 20/20
70. Chihuahua - Bow Wow Wow
71. Spellbound - Siouxsie & Banshees
72. I Like Boys - Missing Persons
73. Better Be Good To Me - Spider
74. City Bound - Novo Combo
75. Superfreak - Rick James
76. Jackie Onassis - Human Sexual Response
77. Friends - Adam & Ants
78. Goin' Under - Devo
79. Follow The Leaders - Killing Joke
80. Problem Child - AC/DC
81. Lunacy - Plasmatics
82. Mony Mony - Billy Idol
83. Jukebox Hero - Foreigner
84. Nightwatchman - Tom Petty
85. What We Want - Gang Of Four
86. Abacab - Genesis
87. How Much More - Go-Go's
88. I Love Rock And Roll - Joan Jett
89. Day After Day - Pretenders
90. Tempted - Squeeze
91. Slave - Rolling Stones
92. Up All Night - Boomtown Rats
93. Mothers Little Helper - Polyphonic Size
94. People Who Died - Jim Carroll
95. Whisper - Elvis Costello
96. Dream Away - Cars
97. Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
98. Mirror In The Bathroom - English Beat
99. Take Her Where The Boys Are - Eye Protection
100. Stroke - Billy Squire
101. Little Sister - Various
102. Now - Plimsouls
103. Can't Stop Hurting Myself - Gregg Kihn
104. One World - Police
105. Adult Books - X
106. Amoeba - Adolescents
106.7 Jetsons ThemeWow! You're pretty schooled yourself, Wyatt! You're right about Siouxsie & The Banshees being around during the early wave of Punk. I've only heard their New Wave stuff. Robert Smith of The Cure was also briefly in Siouxsie & The Banshees. I didn't know Sid Vicious was also in SATB. Wow! Anyway, thanks for the KROQ '81 List! It's hard to believe crap like Loverboy & Foreigner were ever played on there. It's also surprising that 'Video Killed The Radio Star'-The Buggles wasn't on there & it's because that was the 1st video ever played on MTV on 8/1/81. Anyway, it's a great list! BTW, Exene Cervenka was totally HOT & X was & still is totally awesome! :Helmet:

mgpretzel
08-07-2005, 01:47 AM
isn't Devo the band that does "whip-it" :confused:

IgorUnchained
08-07-2005, 05:21 AM
I used to love Devo also....they were honestly passed off as one hit wonders and schtick music because of "Whip It" (which I still love), but they were very unique and were a great punk band IMO. Glad to hear that they are touring again and Im happy that Hegor was able to go and come back with the update!

As for the term "Alt Rock" or "Alternative"....

I remember when alternative music consisted of college radio favorites and weepy music from Manchester. Alternative bands were The Cure, The Smiths, Skinny Puppy, REM, Janes Addiction, and the like.
When Grunge music and bands of that vein were popular, it was strange to me that the dominant music of the era was labeled "alternative".....which was pretty much the opposite of what it was.

Has anyone seen Exene Cervenka lately? She is a full figured woman nowadays......she and John Doe still do X shows from time to time. I knew that Sid was a drummer for SATB (check out the documentary "The Filth and the Fury"), but I didnt know that Robert "the worlds saddest clown" Smith was in SATB too.....that will have to go down as the "new thing" that I learned today!

God I hate The Cure :), but I love random knowledge!

hegor
08-07-2005, 12:45 PM
The Cure was always a hit and miss band with me.

Here you go Igorunchained, if you like random knowledge...........

Devo has always enjoyed quite a bit of underground success, of course Whip It gave them neverending fame and branded them a one-hit-wonder. Mark Mothersbaugh is quite the up and coming film composer. The rest of the band do things like score video games and nick jr shows, direct commericals and music videos. I think that outside of Devo, none of them have any problems living the high life. The members of Devo invented the theory of devolution as an artistic response to the shootings of several of their classmates at an anti-war rally at Kent State in 1970. They treated it as such until the Bush Jr. administration took over in 2000. Its not so much that I interpret them as anti-Bush (they didn't have anything good to say about Kerry either), but it seems that in any socio-political discussions they involve themselves in they seem to cite the increase of violence in the world and the increase in apathy in people who could change things (i.e voters, and those who have direct power) as evidence that devolutions is real, meaning mankind is moving backwards.

vendetta07
08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Now whip it! :D

mgpretzel
08-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Now whip it! :D

Whip it good!

wyattearp65
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I used to love Devo also....they were honestly passed off as one hit wonders and schtick music because of "Whip It" (which I still love), but they were very unique and were a great punk band IMO. Glad to hear that they are touring again and Im happy that Hegor was able to go and come back with the update!

As for the term "Alt Rock" or "Alternative"....

I remember when alternative music consisted of college radio favorites and weepy music from Manchester. Alternative bands were The Cure, The Smiths, Skinny Puppy, REM, Janes Addiction, and the like.
When Grunge music and bands of that vein were popular, it was strange to me that the dominant music of the era was labeled "alternative".....which was pretty much the opposite of what it was.

Has anyone seen Exene Cervenka lately? She is a full figured woman nowadays......she and John Doe still do X shows from time to time. I knew that Sid was a drummer for SATB (check out the documentary "The Filth and the Fury"), but I didnt know that Robert "the worlds saddest clown" Smith was in SATB too.....that will have to go down as the "new thing" that I learned today!

God I hate The Cure :), but I love random knowledge!
Did you know that exene is married to Viggo Mortensen?( Hildalgo,Lord of the Rings) was married to john doe,

IgorUnchained
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I have to admit that I didnt know that Devo came together as a result of the Kent State shootings.....that would have never occurred to me!

I also didnt know that Exene was married to Viggo Mortensen......that is really weird also!

My fondest Devo memory comes from winning a "Cake Walk" at Ramona Elementary back in 1981....the song that we were "Cake Walking" to was Whip It.

As much as I love random knowledge, I love cake even more! http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1092/jesuscat3pq.gif (http://imageshack.us)

hegor
08-08-2005, 02:23 PM
In case one wonders what it is that Devo suggests that you whip in the song Whip it. According to the band, its stupidity.

Charger1972
08-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I saw devo many years ago, what a awesome show, I checked out zz top at the fair this year it was sweeeet :)

Bobo
08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
God I hate The Cure :), but I love random knowledge!Blasphemy! You're pretty schooled in music as well as I am, Igor. Have you heard alot of their deeper cuts? The Cure have always been very Cutting-Edge. Worthless crap like Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue & the like is what you should hate. :Helmet:

wyattearp65
08-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Blasphemy! You're pretty schooled in music as well as I am, Igor. Have you heard alot of their deeper cuts? The Cure have always been very Cutting-Edge. Worthless crap like Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue & the like is what you should hate. :Helmet:
I agree with BOBO "the cure"before they sold out were a really Kool,
some of their better songs were"Killing an Arab, The Hanging Garden's
Fire in Ciaro, and alot more
the cure were band Kinda in the realm of Bauhaus, skinny puppy(ex Bauhaus singer Peter Murphy)
Although not as dark as Christian death,
Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue are crap,and what about John Cougar Mellencamp,and Poison,cinderella, That was bad music out of the eighties!!!
But MotorHead are way kool,
Rock on bolt heads!!!

dmercado70
08-12-2005, 09:55 PM
whats up hegor , have you gone to the see the angles game lately . they pump up the crowd with the instumental version of ( whip it ) . i just wish they would play the entire song . also want to mention that i walked into tower records and bought me the best of ( beat ) aka/american name ( english beat ) and damn i cant believe how much i cant stop playing this cd . so hegor are you gonna join up with us ( orange county charger booster club ) . pm for more details homey . . .
================================================== =====
the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

Bobo
08-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I agree with BOBO "the cure"before they sold out were a really Kool,
some of their better songs were"Killing an Arab, The Hanging Garden's
Fire in Ciaro, and alot more
the cure were band Kinda in the realm of Bauhaus, skinny puppy(ex Bauhaus singer Peter Murphy)
Although not as dark as Christian death,
Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Motley Crue are crap,and what about John Cougar Mellencamp,and Poison,cinderella, That was bad music out of the eighties!!!
But MotorHead are way kool,
Rock on bolt heads!!!To this day, I've never heard a Christian Death song & it surprises me. That'll be rectified. Anyway, Bauhaus, The Cure, The Sisters Of Mercy, Joy Division & the like started the Goth side of Alt-Rock. As far as '80's crap goes, there's nothing worse than the lame-ass, wimpy Hair-Metal **** of that era. However, Alt-Rock kicked ass in the '80's & Speed/Thrash/Black-Metal bands also kicked ass! Grindcore & The Almighty Death-Metal also started in the '80's. Morbid Angel debuted in '89. BTW, I love Motorhead. I have 'On Parole'. That came out in '76. I bought that album in high school. 'The Founding Fathers Of Speed-Metal' weren't fast on that album, but it's still cool. Motorhead were the 1st Punk/Metal band. Lemmy's the ****! BTW, you're very keen on music as well as I am, Wyatt! :Beer::Helmet:

BCBoltFan
08-12-2005, 10:45 PM
The Alt-Rock term has been around since the '80's. Modern Rock is another term that means the same thing. New Wave is AKA Post-Punk & is also Alt-Rock. Alternative is Cutting-Edge & it's roots are in Pre-Punk like The Velvet Underground, The Stooges, David Bowie, MC5 & the like. The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned & the like were harder, but still Cutting-Edge. Great bands like The B-52's, The Go-Go's, Devo, Surf Punks, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Duran Duran, The Cure & the like weren't as hard as Punk, but there are traces of Punk in their music, hence the term New Wave or Post-Punk. I grew up on KROQ & they're the pioneers of Alt. radio. The Pixies, The Cult, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, Killing Joke, Ministry paved the way for Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, 9" Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Green Day & the like. I've left out alot of bands, but this should help. :Helmet:
I too liked the Cure. I liked "Kiss me Kiss me" and grew to like the disc "Love Songs". I've got a '90 CD from the Cure, "Mixed Up" with 11 re-mixed -almost electronica'd a bit- songs from a few of their albums, pretty cool. The whole "Alternative Music" genre thing. The term "punk"- sex pistols- clash- ramones, etc- evolved the off-shoot "new wave" about 1979-80. Bands as diversly different as the Cars- B52's- XTC and thousands of others were clumped into this "new wave' slot. Then I think we used the term "Alternative" which seemed to have a slightly harder feel and sound than "New wave". Then an "alt" off-shot became "grunge", I thought it was just harder "alternative" music with the tattered clothes we used to wear in the Northwest sort of area. Alternative seems to be a long lasting genre tag, I guess because it has sort of a wide range of music that could fall into that catagory. Alternative and grunge fans don't usually like the term, "Newwave", just like dance- house- electronica fans don't like the term "disco" . blah blah blah. I found it funny that KROQ had like 5 Go-Go's songs on that top 105 list, not too cutting edge. Oh yeah, i saw siouxsie & the banshees open for Bowie at angels stadium on the glass spider tour a few years ago. Anyone catch the recent Foo Fighters show? 9" Nails and Green Day are coming soon too huh?! :Beer:

Bobo
08-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I too liked the Cure. I liked "Kiss me Kiss me" and grew to like the disc "Love Songs". I've got a '90 CD from the Cure, "Mixed Up" with 11 re-mixed -almost electronica'd a bit- songs from a few of their albums, pretty cool. The whole "Alternative Music" genre thing. The term "punk"- sex pistols- clash- ramones, etc- evolved the off-shoot "new wave" about 1979-80. Bands as diversly different as the Cars- B52's- XTC and thousands of others were clumped into this "new wave' slot. Then I think we used the term "Alternative" which seemed to have a slightly harder feel and sound than "New wave". Then an "alt" off-shot became "grunge", I thought it was just harder "alternative" music with the tattered clothes we used to wear in the Northwest sort of area. Alternative seems to be a long lasting genre tag, I guess because it has sort of a wide range of music that could fall into that catagory. Alternative and grunge fans don't usually like the term, "Newwave", just like dance- house- electronica fans don't like the term "disco" . blah blah blah. I found it funny that KROQ had like 5 Go-Go's songs on that top 105 list, not too cutting edge. Oh yeah, i saw siouxsie & the banshees open for Bowie at angels stadium on the glass spider tour a few years ago. Anyone catch the recent Foo Fighters show? 9" Nails and Green Day are coming soon too huh?! :Beer:Alt-Rock's still a Cutting-Edge style of Rock that's different than reg. Rock N' Roll. The Go-Go's are very Alt-Rock in their sound. They're not as Cutting-Edge as Sonic Youth or The Pixies, but their musical structure & sound has lots of Punk influence. The Go-Go's are a great band & have their place in Alt-Rock history. Nirvana are Punk/Grunge & all the other great Seattle bands have Punk in their music as well. Soundgarden's earlier stuff is both Punk & Metal influenced, but still is unique in its own sound. Pearl Jam also has some amazing songs. I finally heard a Mother Love Bone song some months back & I was blown away. It was kinda slow, but it was a great song. Pearl Jam's roots are in Mother Love Bone. MLB's singer died & from the ashes rose Pearl Jam. Anyway, I'm drinking beer & feeling good. Alternative RULES!!!! Death-Metal RULES!!!! :Helmet: