PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006

acbate$
04-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Madden NFL 2006 is in development and the producers have given an exclusive first-look at the game. Head on over to http://www.maddennation.com for exclusive screenshots, producer interviews, new features, and hands-on impressions.

jtzsd43
04-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Very cool. I don't usually buy Madden games when they first come out because they're so expensive. But when it goes on sale I make an account to get it. The thing about Madden is that the game only gets better minimally each year. So I'm not expecting much better this year. Does anyone know who'll be on the cover?

Bolt4Life
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Very cool. I don't usually buy Madden games when they first come out because they're so expensive. But when it goes on sale I make an account to get it. The thing about Madden is that the game only gets better minimally each year. So I'm not expecting much better this year. Does anyone know who'll be on the cover?

I hope not a Charger. You hear the curse of Madden?

staxxx
05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/sports/maddennfl2006/screens_6122845.html?page=0001
Jammer vs. moss

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/sports/maddennfl2006/screens.html?page=9
Tomlinson

conair103
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
ummmmmmm okay
i dont get it

BeWaReDaBoLt
05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I think these have been posted before...but that picture of Jammer and Moss looks cool...and he actually has his head turned

JerryinCA
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
I wish they would show us real pictures of the xbox 360 version, the preview I read today said they have 10 times the detail in the players and 50 times the detail in the stadiums, they did head scans of 150 top nfl players and everything. Everything they've show so far has been from that commercial that aired during the draft and that wasn't the actual game, just an target point which they say they've surpassed. Go check out IGN to read the preview.

goretek
05-18-2005, 05:08 PM
...and he actually has his head turned

:D hahahahahahahahaha.

Moss looks huge in that screenshot. Yeah right, the dude is tall but not as thick as that. Way to go EA Sports :rolleyes:

joseph04
05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
moss looks really fat.

conair103
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
when he first posted it, it was a picture of like 1000 people looking at something :S

but now it looks better :D

CHARGERNATION
05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
The LT shot looks cool, but what is Loreanzo Neal doing in the background?? Dancing??

poon
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
The LT shot looks cool, but what is Loreanzo Neal doing in the background?? Dancing??
Yes CHARGERNATION, I think Neal is doing a rendition of the popular 80's disco dance move 'The Robot' lol nice call ;)

SuperBowlBolts
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes CHARGERNATION, I think Neal is doing a rendition of the popular 80's disco dance move 'The Robot' lol nice call ;)
Hahaha and LT is doin the Hop

Rip
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
i just played the current version of it, and to tell you the truth, its a disappointment so far.

Luckily they are only 60% done and will still make improvements

bubbachuck383
05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
i just played the current version of it, and to tell you the truth, its a disappointment so far.

Luckily they are only 60% done and will still make improvements

and how did u do that?

Rip
05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Im at e3 right now

LT LT LT
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
what is e3?

isaic16
05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
E3 is the Electronic Entertainment Expo. It is the largest game convention in North America and is where all of the game companies will show off their new games and hardware.

My question is how were you able to get into E3, Rip?

JerryinCA
05-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Rip you lucky.... lol I've been a couple of times and it's a lot of fun if you are a gamer, the place is like a carnival lol. The videos of the xbox 360 version of NFS look great, and all the gaming sites are getting behind closed door looks at the sports games and are loving them. I'm probably going to skip the current generation of Madden and just get the xbox 360 version when that comes out a couple of months later.

spysnipedis
05-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Lucky you got in man. I wanted to go. Do they have anything on Nintendo or Ps3?

staxxx
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
woot ill be at E3 tomorrow. Like 4th year in a row. Thank god no lakers playoffs this year.

JerryinCA
05-19-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't know how hard it is to get in now, when I went I just faked some stuff on the form online and used the Tax ID number from the place I used to work which was a hospital and I still got my badge in the mail and got in lol, doesn't seem like they check or at least they didn't back then. I went the year before the xbox came out and the following year. The bad thing about the way I did it is that it cost me over $200.00 and now it's over 300 so that was my cut off point lol, that could go towards the xbox 360.

Rip
05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
My question is how were you able to get into E3, Rip?

My friend runs a sports game website and he said i work for him, so they let me in

LT LT LT
05-19-2005, 01:35 AM
So are Xbox360 and PS3 coming out soon. I buy all the Maddens but I don't want to get it in August and have a new system that is a huge upgrade come out in September. So how good will this XBOX360 be or the PS3? Go chargers hope they kill on Madden 2006 cause we all know that they should will and always will be.

JerryinCA
05-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Xbox 360 is coming out this fall, the PS3 is coming out sometime next year. Sony said spring but they probably mean Japan, usually they launch in japan in the spring than the USA in the fall. So they'll be about a year apart most likely. If you plan on getting an xbox 360 I would just skip the xbox/ps2/gamecube versions of madden and wait for the next gen one. Like I mentioned earlier, one website said the character models have 10 times the detail and the stadiums have 50 times the detail of the previous madden game. They said you can see the scar on shawn alexanders chin.

JerryinCA
05-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Over in the teamxbox.com forums one of the threads has 3 pics of the next gen madden game, it looks amazing. 2 pics of alexander and then 1 blurred pic of the stadium but it totally blows everything away. It looks more realistic than that commercial they keep running, his skin looks real and not like plastic. I have all 3 of them but I don't know how to add them to my post.

GdoubleE
05-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Xbox 360 is coming out this fall, the PS3 is coming out sometime next year. Sony said spring but they probably mean Japan, usually they launch in japan in the spring than the USA in the fall. So they'll be about a year apart most likely. If you plan on getting an xbox 360 I would just skip the xbox/ps2/gamecube versions of madden and wait for the next gen one. Like I mentioned earlier, one website said the character models have 10 times the detail and the stadiums have 50 times the detail of the previous madden game. They said you can see the scar on shawn alexanders chin.

I gave him that scar!!! He was Mr. Kentucky in Football our senior year. Just kidding about the scar part. I only played FB and blocked for the runner up that year.

Two totally different NFL careers too.

Go Bolts!!!

Natron20
06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Finally:
- QBs can't drop back three blocks before throwing a pass that doesn't get picked but is completed...

- Runningbacks can bowl CBs over using the offense version of the Hit Stick...

- O-Lineman will provide actual slide protection to pick up the same blitz package that keeps on working against you...

- You can shade which side your DBs cover a WR now, thereby stopping quick slants by shading to the inside and blocking out out patterns by shading his outside shoulder before the snap...

A LOT more too! It's going to be tougher to pick-up I think, especially when passing game but will be so much more realistic!

Check out more about Madden 2006's new features at:
http://www.gotgamecentral.com/2006.html

SuperBowlBolts
06-14-2005, 10:40 PM
when was this thread restarted lol

LTfan4life
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Finally:
- QBs can't drop back three blocks before throwing a pass that doesn't get picked but is completed...

- Runningbacks can bowl CBs over using the offense version of the Hit Stick...

- O-Lineman will provide actual slide protection to pick up the same blitz package that keeps on working against you...

- You can shade which side your DBs cover a WR now, thereby stopping quick slants by shading to the inside and blocking out out patterns by shading his outside shoulder before the snap...

A LOT more too! It's going to be tougher to pick-up I think, especially when passing game but will be so much more realistic!

Check out more about Madden 2006's new features at:
http://www.gotgamecentral.com/2006.html

About time!

MOTOCHARGER
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
It's only $50...and it doesn't go down that much, maybe to $40 months later.

mattmc223
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Usually on the first day of a game's release Fry's has it for like $37. I know thats how much I paid for Madden 2005 and NCAA Football 2005.

TD4LT
06-15-2005, 04:45 PM
you go to Frys too man they are the best they got the lowest prices ever
the guys at circuit city get pissed when i bring in their add and they have to beat it by 10% i got madden for 35 bucks opening week
in other words
Frys = :Beer: :D :Beer: :D

Natron20
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, the player featured on the cover of Madden 2006 (aka: the guy who'll be cursed this season) is Donovan McNabb...

TD4LT
06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
yah this year will also be the year to break the curse Mcnabb aint got much competition in the NFC

TD4LT
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Here is a madden cover for 2006 im using it for sure
http://img295.echo.cx/img295/8184/boltguy6nf.jpg

Lyi
06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
yah this year will also be the year to break the curse Mcnabb aint got much competition in the NFC

no owens... thats how mcnabb will struggle. i hate this guy, i hate his style of play. i live in philly and hes not a true qb...he trusts 2 players on that offense owens and westbrook. but if everyone watched the superbowl...todd pinkston was the reason why the eagles kept it close and their offense was clicking, he had 100 yards at halftime. he gave owens and westbrook the underneath routes...remember when pinkston got hurt their offense stopped.

owens got 15 tds last season...mcnabb threw 31. westbrook caught like 6. 15 + 6 = 21, dog...that means 10 tds were distributed among ritchie, pinkston, c. lewis, g. lewis, mitchell, l. smith, t. tapeh, d. levens, and mahe...thats horrible...thats not a true qb...here are mcnabbs stats before owens got there.

his best qb rating was 86...that was in 2002
his best completion percentage was 58.4 that was in 2002
the most tds he threw were 25
the most ints he threw were 13

owens made mcnabb 100 times better then what he is. mcnabb is a very inaccurate qb, very bad decision maker, and i don't see why he is labeled a leader...he doesn't even distribute the ball well.

look at brees' receivers stats. 27 tds

caldwell in 4 or 5 games 3 tds...and 18 receptions. on the year if healthy he would of had 64 receptions about around 9 tds.
parker 4 tds 47 catches
osgood 2 tds 15 receptions (#4 receiver)
gates 13 tds 81 receptions
tomlinson 1 td 53 receptions
mccardell 1 td (in i'm pretty sure 5 games) 31 receptions

notice the spread out receptions.

owens- 77 catches
westbrook- 73 catches
pinkston- 36 catches...he was their number 3 leading receiver...thats sad.

TD4LT
06-15-2005, 08:56 PM
if you dont like breakout years you must not be a brees fan
sure Mcnabb got owens but culpepper had moss for all those years and peyton with marvin and even montana and rice
the greatest qbs of all time had great recievers

Lyi
06-15-2005, 09:16 PM
if you dont like breakout years you must not be a brees fan
sure Mcnabb got owens but culpepper had moss for all those years and peyton with marvin and even montana and rice
the greatest qbs of all time had great recievers

no you missed my point.

the greatest qb's develop their receivers...thats something mcnabb couldn't do...todd pinkston was a 36th overall and freddie mitchell was a 16th overall...and what are they now...horrible.

culpepper developed nate burleson a 3rd rounder to 70 catches 1100 yards 10 tds, he distributes the ball, jermaine wiggins caught 60 passes this year and 6 tds, when his previous high was 4 catches.

peyton developed reggie wayne and brandon stokely to just about the ceiling of their potential.

montana developed rice, and for the short time young was with owens, young developed the play of owens.

name 1 receiver that wasn't a superstar that succeeded with mcnabb...its kind of like the allen iverson situation...no "star" player can succeed with him.

and brees developed gates, and parker to have breakout years. and if caldwell was healthy he would of had a breakout year too.

mcnabb isn't a true qb in my book...and how he lost the superbowl last year puzzles me...they had the best team in the nfl easily...and lost...they went 13-3...they should of gone 16-0 no team should of beaten that team. when you saw them on paper and the depth they had along with jim johnson the defensive coordinator and andy reid...they had the best offense and the best defense.

pro bowl worthy players/ pro bowlers...mcnabb, westbrook, owens, fraley, runyan, hicks, thomas, simon, trotter, kearse, brown, sheppard, dawkins, lewis, wayne...very good rookie in the name of shawn andrews also. solid young players, walker, mcdougle, green...veteran leadership guys like chad lewis...youth at receiver like greg lewis, billy mcmullen, freddie mitchell.

they should of won the superbowl...in my book thats a let down...they had no weak link in their team at all.

TD4LT
06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
dude i would say Eagles are kinda of my third favorite team...
1 chargers
2 chargers
3 eagles
and one of the reasons is mcnabb he knows who to pass to and without owens he was good enough to beat the entire NFC by himself if having a star player comin and help him dominate makes him less of a QB then i think a big name WR should never be allowed to leave his original team
the reason the Eagles didnt win the superbowl was Tom Brady Bill Belicheck and Rodney Harrison the patriots are unbeatable when they execute i did not expect the Eagles to beat the Patriots at all. And there weak link was their WR core Have you ever thought that maybe the wrs Mcnabb(besides TO) were just bad. And even without owens he made it to the superbowl

Lyi
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
dude i would say Eagles are kinda of my third favorite team...
1 chargers
2 chargers
3 eagles
and one of the reasons is mcnabb he knows who to pass to and without owens he was good enough to beat the entire NFC by himself if having a star player comin and help him dominate makes him less of a QB then i think a big name WR should never be allowed to leave his original team
the reason the Eagles didnt win the superbowl was Tom Brady Bill Belicheck and Rodney Harrison the patriots are unbeatable when they execute i did not expect the Eagles to beat the Patriots at all. And there weak link was their WR core Have you ever thought that maybe the wrs Mcnabb(besides TO) were just bad. And even without owens he made it to the superbowl

look at the boxscores of who mcnabb passed to when terrell owens got hurt. does he really know who to pass too. here are the following 3 plays after terrell owens got hurt in the dallas game. and also remember the 2 playoff teams that they faced were minnesota...a team with no defense, and atlanta a team with a great run defense, and pass rush...but the eagles don't run the ball, and have one of the best offensive lines in the nfl.

dallas game, remember this is dallas' defense they are horrible

he attempted 16 passes, completed 8, no tds 2 ints and 104 yards. completed 50% of his passes.

westbrook got 3 catches of those 8...and mcnabb threw and int while throwin to westbrook.

josh parry caught one, lj smith caught 2, greg lewis caught 1, and chad lewis caught 1. his longest completion was 19 yards.

minnesota game...their best cover corner was antoine winfield...that doesn't say alot bout your coverage. and he was also their best secondary player.

they made mitchell standout...thats not a very good team then. he had 5 catches 65 yards and 2 tds. and what you know...westbrook got the other receiving td that mcnabb threw lol. surprising.

then the falcons game...their best cover corner was their rookie...again that doesn't say much about your team. their best secondary player is corey hall...a guy who got cut from 2 teams in the matter of 3 days. the falcons and the redskins.

westbrook again led the team in receptions with 5. the next closest was 2 and that was greg lewis and chad lewis. chad lewis had mcnabbs 2 tds. he also ran the ball 10 times...seems as if he couldn't trust his receivers.

he completed 16 passes...ran the ball 10 times...thats pretty close of a ratio for a guy labeled as a "pocket passer" but wait...he was labeled as a pocket passer this year when owens came here.

after playing 2 mediocre defensive teams...and then playing a great defensive team in the superbowl...lets look at mcnabbs statistics. 30 of 51 for 357 yards...3 tds and 3 ints...but i'm not sure if you remembered...he threw 1 more int but it was called back on penalties.

(3:30) D.McNabb pass intended for T.Owens INTERCEPTED by A.Samuel (R.Harrison) at NE -3. A.Samuel to NE 29 for 32 yards (J.Runyan).
PENALTY on NE-R.Phifer, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NE 24 - No Play.

and i'll show you my point about what i said about todd pinkston earlier.

pinkston had 4 receptions 82 yards in the first half and lasted until the 2nd drive of the 3rd quarter...both long drives that the eagles had...pinkston was part of it.

3-8-PHI21 (13:11) D.McNabb pass to T.Pinkston to PHI 38 for 17 yards (R.Harrison). kept the drive alive

2-5-PHI43 (12:01) D.McNabb pass to T.Pinkston to NE 17 for 40 yards (R.Gay).

2-13-PHI16 (:43) D.McNabb pass to T.Pinkston to PHI 26 for 10 yards (A.Samuel).

3-3-PHI26 (:17) D.McNabb pass to T.Pinkston to PHI 41 for 15 yards (A.Samuel). kept the drive alive.

pinkston had all his receptions 10 yards or more, and he kept on getting behind the safetys that game...so he stretched the field and then gave owens and westbrook the underneath routes.

pinkston stretched the field and gave owens and westbrook the underneath routes on their 10 play 74 yard drive. pinkston got hurt during that drive. look at their next few drives. the eagles no longer had a vertical threat...so mcnabb didn't have the middle of the field anymore...and owens and westbrook had to work harder to get open.

13:44 1:15 PHI 22 3 plays -6 yards Punt
08:40 1:20 PHI 26 3 plays 38 yards Interception
05:40 3:52 PHI 21 13 plays 79 yards Touchdown
00:46 0:37 PHI 4 3 plays 1 yard Interception

on 3 of their 4 drives on 9 plays they got 33 yards...thats less then 4 yards per play...thats not very good for an explosive offense. and 3 of their 4 drives...they didn't do anything positive...1 3 and out and 2 ints.

boLTfan4lf
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Madden 06 goes on sale tomorrow! I'm excited about this new qb vision thing.

JerryinCA
08-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm going to have a hard time doing it but I'm going to wait for the xbox 360 version of madden when the console and game come out in November. Graphically it's beautiful, they showed a few seconds of it on NFL network last night at the end of their "making of madden" show, blows the current generation stuff away.

boLTfan4lf
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm going to have a hard time doing it but I'm going to wait for the xbox 360 version of madden when the console and game come out in November. Graphically it's beautiful, they showed a few seconds of it on NFL network last night at the end of their "making of madden" show, blows the current generation stuff away.

Oh man, i forgot about that, i might do that too.

Bolt4Life
08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Madden 06 goes on sale tomorrow! I'm excited about this new qb vision thing.

I'm not buying it for a few reasonons including that they have the Boltz as the worst in our devision, and that ESPN was a lot better on PS2 than Madden on PS2

boLTfan4lf
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm not buying it for a few reasonons including that they have the Boltz as the worst in our devision, and that ESPN was a lot better on PS2 than Madden on PS2

They have the boltz as the worst??? I was hoping that this would be the first time in a decade that they were the best in the AFC west...

giant squid
08-08-2005, 08:40 PM

so, you're not going to play a football game then? All that is left is 989, and they make some cruddy games. I was set to not buy any EA sports games anymore for them monopolizing. But i am weak. I am getting the game at midnight tonight. Then i'll get the xbox360 and get it for that too

Bolt4Life
08-08-2005, 08:44 PM
so, you're not going to play a football game then? All that is left is 989, and they make some cruddy games. I was set to not buy any EA sports games anymore for them monopolizing. But i am weak. I am getting the game at midnight tonight. Then i'll get the xbox360 and get it for that too

I might rent it, but I am definatelly not buying it

vietdunker
08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Xbox 360 gonna cost a fortune. I had my xbox mod and already has the game on my HDD two days ago.

The most exciting part about Madden 2006 is our team rating is high.

By the way I tried to run with Darren Sproles but he sucked in the game. But games are games it cannot be compare to real life football.

SDRYANLEAF16
08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I might rent it, but I am definatelly not buying it

imma buy it.. does anyone know where it will be the cheapiest to buy ? also the chargers ratings dont look bad at all. Most players are around 80 or above well atleast the starters.

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/chargers.html

TD4LT
08-08-2005, 09:12 PM
frys has is for 40 or 37 its a sweet deal if you find the add take it to circuit city and get it like a dollar less than frys price.
www.outpost.com
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4391665?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
it should be off preorder by 12:01

SuperBowlBolts
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Xbox 360 gonna cost a fortune. I had my xbox mod and already has the game on my HDD two days ago.

By the way I tried to run with Darren Sproles but he sucked in the game. But games are games it cannot be compare to real life football.
XBOX 360 anit gonna cost a fortune, its gonna cost around 350-400

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM

hey mine is modded too...where you get it...ive been looking....shoot I had halo2 3 months before i came out

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
XBOX 360 anit gonna cost a fortune, its gonna cost around 350-400

to us low class people that is a fortune

DEboltsfan
08-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Over here on the E coast it is currently 11:23 p.m. I'm heading to the mall in about 20 minutes for a midnight Madden sale. I should have the Chargers sittin at 2-0 by 2:30 a.m.
ps yes I have a job. There are three wonderful reasons for being a school teacher they are June-July-August. I'm excited for this game it is the first time in a long time that the Chargers will be a solid all round squad.

SuperBowlBolts
08-08-2005, 09:26 PM
uugghh u might wanna check the stats out again, were rated the overall best, if your talking about Madden 05 ur slightly correct. From the get go the chargers are the worst on 05 in our division but if you go online and download the new rosters were better than Denver overall i think. Madden 06 were like 87 overall last time i checked

SuperBowlBolts
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
to us low class people that is a fortune
well if u could afford an Xbox when it first came out Xbox 360 anit that far off all you gotta do is about month or two before the 360 comes out trade in your Xbox/ controllers at like Gamestop for store credit

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-08-2005, 09:28 PM
well if u could afford an Xbox when it first came out Xbox 360 anit that far off all you gotta do is about month or two before the 360 comes out trade in your Xbox/ controllers at like Gamestop for store credit

i got my xbox for 80 bucks brand new a year after it came out....lol

GrbgCllctr
08-08-2005, 09:30 PM

R u sure about that? From what I was reading on MAddennation forums, they broke the overall for each devision, and we had the lowest!

EDIT: OMG my dad was on his again and didnt log out... this is B4L

fireknuckles
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm going to buy it at Best Buy because you can get another game (probably not a great one) for 5bucks when you buy Madden.

SoCalBolt
08-08-2005, 11:14 PM
i'm picking up the game after i get off from work tomorrow, circuit city has it for $39.99. if anyone wants to play on XBOX LIVE let me know.

JerryinCA
08-08-2005, 11:26 PM
The xbox 360 price has not been officially announced yet but it's been speculated that it will be 299.99 and that is what all consoles have launched at in recent years (expect gamecube) The price of 299.99 has been hinted at though by J Allard who is one of the people incharge of the Xbox division for microsoft. Either way it's going to be cheaper than the PS3, that will most likely be around 500.00 when it launches.

GdoubleE
08-08-2005, 11:37 PM
How Many of you have XBOX Live ID's? Mine is GdoubleE.

Hope to see some of you on there.

Go Bolts!!!

boLTfan4lf
08-09-2005, 12:40 AM

They'll probably have roster and player updates once the season starts, maybe they'll see how good he really is. Right now, he's just another fourth round pick.

SuperBowlBolts
08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
The xbox 360 price has not been officially announced yet but it's been speculated that it will be 299.99 and that is what all consoles have launched at in recent years (expect gamecube) The price of 299.99 has been hinted at though by J Allard who is one of the people incharge of the Xbox division for microsoft. Either way it's going to be cheaper than the PS3, that will most likely be around 500.00 when it launches.
But isnt there two verisons of the PS3 the one just for games and dvds and the other all purpose thing

fireknuckles
08-09-2005, 01:20 AM
No, there will be only one PS3.

and to answer GdoubleE's question I go by oooKillerooo (the xxxKillerxxx was taken) I mostly played Halo 2, however I haven't been on in a while.

Bolts4Life858
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
so theirs not gonna be any espn 2k6? if not then that sux that game is so much better then madden

mef31
08-09-2005, 04:40 PM
So I picked up Madden 2006 during my lunch break at work and I'm finally home to play it. First of all, I think we are winning the superbowl this year based on the fact that:

1) The first cameo that came up when it loaded was a Charger girl, Ashley i think she said her name was. She also gave me her number

2) In the QB vision passing video you are able to watch before starting the first play was a TD from Brees to Gates.

Anyways about the game. So far I've only practiced with the QB vision i'm bout to start my franchise. The QB vision seems pretty easy to use and I think makes it a tad more challengin looking for the receiver. Also the precision passing is cool. By pressing a direction while you throw to the receiver you can throw it high, low, infront, or behind the receiver so the defender doesnt have a good chance at it. Pretty cool addition I think.

There is also a new "truck" stick..like the hit stick for offense you can run over defenders if timed properly but it slows you down a bit. There is also a backwards juke step that is added.
The only thing so far I don't like is in the new SuperStar mode you create a player based on a mother and fathers "DNA" and you pick agents, marketing deals, you can even get your haircut. The thing I don't like is you can't use a player currently on your team. I'm not big on adding fake players to the game so I wish you could use a current player. But thats it. It looks great so far.

SuperBowlBolts
08-09-2005, 04:46 PM
so what are our rookies stats? also whats the teams stats overall, defense, offense

BOLT_PRIDE
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Yea thats what i want to know how are we stacked up compared to other teams? Say the super bowl champs the Patriots?

mef31
08-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Chargers overall: 86
Chargers offense: 88
Chargers defense: 77

Sproles: 72 overall, 92 speed, 58 awarness, 94 agility, 95 acceleration
Jackson: 74 overall, 89 speed, 64 strength, 84 agility, 86 acceleration, 77 catching
Castillo: 78 overall, 64 speed, 90 strength, 80 tackle
Merriman: 78 overall, 85 speed, 77 strength, 82 agility, 90 acceleration, 83 tacke
Jue: 72 overall, 90 speed, 52 strength,86 agility, 88 acceleration, 65 tackle

They don't have Milligan on the team and none of our drafted OL

conair103
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
haha, sproles is so fun in it!

BOLT_PRIDE
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Just 1 hour and 3 mins before i get out of work and on my way to pick up madden 06. Dam this hour is going to go by slow!

GrbgCllctr
08-09-2005, 04:58 PM

ng8650
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
"1) The first cameo that came up when it loaded was a Charger girl, Ashley i think she said her name was. She also gave me her number"

mef31

LOL!...Does she have a friend?

I'm waiting to get off work in order to go buy it. I can't wait...c'mon six thirty already...:)

Ng

fregon
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Just 1 hour and 3 mins before i get out of work and on my way to pick up madden 06. Dam this hour is going to go by slow!

"1) The first cameo that came up when it loaded was a Charger girl, Ashley i think she said her name was. She also gave me her number"

mef31

I'm waiting to get off work in order to go buy it. I can't wait...c'mon six thirty already...:)

Ng

You guys should do what I do... Have the Wife pick it up! :D Then it will waiting for you when you get home

mef31
08-09-2005, 05:45 PM

mef31

Ng

I think about 25 others lol. Its tough getting used to the gameplay as it is with every new madden the Packers are handlin me right now.

LTranuover21
08-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Madden is tight..... Anyone who wants to lose to the CHARGERS aim me after 6 pm pst.... LTranuover21

Jcharger5525
08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Why do they always have to diss David Binn?

Bobmarleysd
08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
The first game I played online I returned a kick return with sproles. It was great Im still getting use to the game because I played ESPN.

Bubba86
08-09-2005, 07:31 PM
The only thing so far I don't like is in the new SuperStar mode you create a player based on a mother and fathers "DNA" and you pick agents, marketing deals, you can even get your haircut. The thing I don't like is you can't use a player currently on your team. I'm not big on adding fake players to the game so I wish you could use a current player. But thats it. It looks great so far.

thats the point of superstar mode though, to live out your life as an nfl player. i do agree it kind of sucks adding players into teams (especially since in ncaa race for the heisman im a rb so im gonna have to convert to a different position when i play for the bolts)

Bolt4Life
08-09-2005, 07:32 PM
thats the point of superstar mode though, to live out your life as an nfl player. i do agree it kind of sucks adding players into teams (especially since in ncaa race for the heisman im a rb so im gonna have to convert to a different position when i play for the bolts)

And is sucks that you can't pick what team u want to be drafted by

Bubba86
08-09-2005, 07:34 PM
And is sucks that you can't pick what team u want to be drafted by

you can demand a trade though

Ice717
08-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Why do they always have to diss David Binn?

Cause he's a center but only weighs 2 pounds more then LT

boLTfan4lf
08-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Cause he's a center but only weighs 2 pounds more then LT

haha, true... but having a guy that's youre #1 long snapper being worse than every other player on the team is a little odd.

Infernus
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Got it, was anyone drafted by the Chargers? I tired to with being a WR but the jags took me.

bubbachuck383
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Got it, was anyone drafted by the Chargers? I tired to with being a WR but the jags took me.

I WAS! cb#28 only im like 4th on the depth chart but that will change soon.

JerryinCA
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
My xbox live name is JinCA, and yeah their is only going to be one ps3 model but their may possibly be 2 xbox 360 models one with a hard drive and one without.

slvrbuliet
08-10-2005, 04:58 AM
this game is AWESOME....ive only gotten to play it for about an hour but its very nice. first off, the chargers are actually given some credit so its not a curse to use them in the game. and if the game is any account of real life then Merriman will NOT be in our starting lineup week 1 (Castillo breaks the starting lineup when we go four man front) and we will beat the Cowboys 20-17 :) hahaha

two things about the game though....

one, the learning curve between this game and the previous is going to be greater than in any years past......the new QB vision is going to take some getting used too

second, i havent gotten a chance to fully investigate but if the only way to create a player is through the new "superstar" mode then i am very disappointed......superstar mode seems needlessly complicated and might take away from the actual game too much......just my opinion

anybody else pick it up yesterday?!?!?!?!

slvrbuliet
08-10-2005, 04:58 AM
this game is AWESOME....ive only gotten to play it for about an hour but its very nice. first off, the chargers are actually given some credit so its not a curse to use them in the game. and if the game is any account of real life then Merriman will NOT be in our starting lineup week 1 (Castillo breaks the starting lineup when we go four man front) and we will beat the Cowboys 20-17 :) hahaha

two things about the game though....

one, the learning curve between this game and the previous is going to be greater than in any years past......the new QB vision is going to take some getting used too

second, i havent gotten a chance to fully investigate but if the only way to create a player is through the new "superstar" mode then i am very disappointed......superstar mode seems needlessly complicated and might take away from the actual game too much......just my opinion

anybody else pick it up yesterday?!?!?!?!

infoxicated
08-10-2005, 06:59 AM
We don't get it here in Europe for a couple of months yet, but the reviews I read on IGN and GameSpot didn't get my hopes up.

Can the AI offense actually run on you this year?

I'm about 17 seasons into my Madden 2005 bolts franchise, and I think I've been first in run defense every single season.

If the gameplay is identical to last year, other than the truck stick and QB vision, then for the first time in four years I wont be trading old for new on release day.

infoxicated
08-10-2005, 06:59 AM
We don't get it here in Europe for a couple of months yet, but the reviews I read on IGN and GameSpot didn't get my hopes up.

Can the AI offense actually run on you this year?

I'm about 17 seasons into my Madden 2005 bolts franchise, and I think I've been first in run defense every single season.

If the gameplay is identical to last year, other than the truck stick and QB vision, then for the first time in four years I wont be trading old for new on release day.

DEboltsfan
08-10-2005, 07:33 AM
I have not posted since Monday b/c I have been playing Madden since shortly after Midnight on Monday. At first I was hating on it b/c of the vision control. After getting used to it I'm having much more sucess. The Chargers are nice. Establish the run with LT and Gates is open all over the field. Sproles is nice on KR as well.

DEboltsfan
08-10-2005, 07:33 AM
I have not posted since Monday b/c I have been playing Madden since shortly after Midnight on Monday. At first I was hating on it b/c of the vision control. After getting used to it I'm having much more sucess. The Chargers are nice. Establish the run with LT and Gates is open all over the field. Sproles is nice on KR as well.

mef31
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
I picked it up yesterday also. I think the qb vision is great except when your under alot of pressure it makes it tough. Also you can create a player without superstar mode you do this in the main menu. One of the problems i've found is the precision passing. If your dropping back to throw a screen since your holding back the analog stick you pass is behind the receiver. Also if your on the run you throw in the direction your running. Other than that the games pretty sweet.

mef31
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
I picked it up yesterday also. I think the qb vision is great except when your under alot of pressure it makes it tough. Also you can create a player without superstar mode you do this in the main menu. One of the problems i've found is the precision passing. If your dropping back to throw a screen since your holding back the analog stick you pass is behind the receiver. Also if your on the run you throw in the direction your running. Other than that the games pretty sweet.

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-10-2005, 09:24 AM

I thought it does those things in 2005 also...

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-10-2005, 09:24 AM

I thought it does those things in 2005 also...

mef31
08-10-2005, 09:31 AM
The precision passing is new this year. If you hold left or right when throwing you throw either infront of or behind the receiver. If you hold up you throw it high and if your hold down you throw it lower.

mef31
08-10-2005, 09:31 AM
The precision passing is new this year. If you hold left or right when throwing you throw either infront of or behind the receiver. If you hold up you throw it high and if your hold down you throw it lower.

GoMathews
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I was able to play one game at a buddy's house. After he took the Chargers I decided to play as Kansas City. All I can remember is Gonzalez and Gates were unstoppable. All you had to do was throw the ball to them and they would make incredible catches over the defender. So far, Madden 06 seems all about offense this year.

GoMathews
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I was able to play one game at a buddy's house. After he took the Chargers I decided to play as Kansas City. All I can remember is Gonzalez and Gates were unstoppable. All you had to do was throw the ball to them and they would make incredible catches over the defender. So far, Madden 06 seems all about offense this year.

Thunderbolted
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM

I played the first game last night and I thumped the Cowboys, 54 - 0!!! You're right, the precision passing sucks when you're moving your QB after the snap. It seems like you have to stop before you throw in order for you to get the precise pass you want. I.e., if you're QB is rolling to the right and you want to throw the ball "behind" your left WR running an in route, you have to stop, press and hold to the left the directional pad (or R thumbstick) and pass.

One thing I liked most is the "Truck hit". Kinda like hit stick but this time it's on the offensive player. I really had fun with LT bowling over those puny DBs of Dallas. In one play, I ran L. Neal on a run play and got to the secondary, bowled over the CB and injured him...

I suggest using McCardell on passing situations too. Especially on precision and timing routes. He's really good at those timing pattern out routes and comeback routes.

Thunderbolted
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM

I played the first game last night and I thumped the Cowboys, 54 - 0!!! You're right, the precision passing sucks when you're moving your QB after the snap. It seems like you have to stop before you throw in order for you to get the precise pass you want. I.e., if you're QB is rolling to the right and you want to throw the ball "behind" your left WR running an in route, you have to stop, press and hold to the left the directional pad (or R thumbstick) and pass.

One thing I liked most is the "Truck hit". Kinda like hit stick but this time it's on the offensive player. I really had fun with LT bowling over those puny DBs of Dallas. In one play, I ran L. Neal on a run play and got to the secondary, bowled over the CB and injured him...

I suggest using McCardell on passing situations too. Especially on precision and timing routes. He's really good at those timing pattern out routes and comeback routes.

mef31
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah the truck stick is pretty sweet. I use Osgood, Caldwell, and Jackson for receivers. Osgood dominates on the deep balls. BTW, what setting do you play on?

mef31
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah the truck stick is pretty sweet. I use Osgood, Caldwell, and Jackson for receivers. Osgood dominates on the deep balls. BTW, what setting do you play on?

SDFaiderHater
08-10-2005, 12:02 PM

They have jacksons head shot, im wondering why they dont have Merrimans and others.

Whoever said that merriman wasnt starting, obviously wasnt playing franchise, because after i gave him the 7 points from the training camp, he was opposite foley and had 3 sacks against dallas, Unfortunatly, LoNeal had a complete ACL tear and retired after the first year (knocks on wood), and McCardell retired as well. So right now i have Rivers as my QB, pretty good after 2 training camps, and Jackson and Caldwell as my 1-2 recievers...wats funny is that godfrey didnt retire after the first season.

SDFaiderHater
08-10-2005, 12:02 PM

They have jacksons head shot, im wondering why they dont have Merrimans and others.

Whoever said that merriman wasnt starting, obviously wasnt playing franchise, because after i gave him the 7 points from the training camp, he was opposite foley and had 3 sacks against dallas, Unfortunatly, LoNeal had a complete ACL tear and retired after the first year (knocks on wood), and McCardell retired as well. So right now i have Rivers as my QB, pretty good after 2 training camps, and Jackson and Caldwell as my 1-2 recievers...wats funny is that godfrey didnt retire after the first season.

Thunderbolted
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM

I'm using the All-Pro setting just to get used to the new features of the game, and once I finish the season, I'll play All-Madden.

I actually injured Drew Bledsoe, and their # 2 QB in the first qtr. Never had a chance to score points.

Thunderbolted
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM

I'm using the All-Pro setting just to get used to the new features of the game, and once I finish the season, I'll play All-Madden.

I actually injured Drew Bledsoe, and their # 2 QB in the first qtr. Never had a chance to score points.

LTfan4life
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Somebody should simulate a season and see how it goes...I might buy Madden 06, but it won't be for a while.

Bobmarleysd
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Somebody should simulate a season and see how it goes...I might buy Madden 06, but it won't be for a while.

I just did and the Chargers went undefeated and won the Super Bowl. I did this 4 times with the same results.

SDChargeHer
08-10-2005, 01:55 PM
I just did and the Chargers went undefeated and won the Super Bowl. I did this 4 times with the same results.

Sounds about right. :Helmet:

rule12b
08-10-2005, 01:56 PM
They need to have "Raider Mode" featuring:

1. all of your players get "dope breaks" during time outs;
2. you don't get any defensive players;
3. THey list amazing stats for all of the vets on the roster, but they suck anyway;
4. great cut scenes of fans in the stands doing a lot of whorin', rapin' and drug dealin'; and
5. After the game it cuts to an amazing drive by shooting sequence in the parking lot

Oh wait, that's GTA3 San Andreas, ahhh, same difference, it's like a Raider game. :D

infoxicated
08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
So can anyone answer for me whether the AI running game is as poor as last years?

If the AI cant run again, then it's just going to be another year of constantly defending the pass, and I've had five of those in a row now. :|

Water Ox
08-10-2005, 03:41 PM
So can anyone answer for me whether the AI running game is as poor as last years?

If the AI cant run again, then it's just going to be another year of constantly defending the pass, and I've had five of those in a row now. :|

unfortunately yeah. Madden 2006 has pretty much the same running AI as 2005.

Every RB just run the same style unlike the real NFL. LaDainian in Madden has no juke move and he hardly does any spin. The defenders still running faster than the offense.

Bubba86
08-10-2005, 03:57 PM
just change the sliders under AI to make things more realistic.

giant squid
08-10-2005, 05:03 PM

that's what I do. There's a lot of forums you can go to to find good realistic sliders. I'm still messing with mine. I turned up the AI's RB ability and RB blocking and when I went up against dallas, their RB averaged 4 yards a carry. He also rushed for 120 yards on me. And that makes me sad

broncossuck7
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I use all pro. The difference betweem rookie to pro to all pro isnt much, but the switch to all madden is hard

Water Ox
08-10-2005, 05:37 PM

but that also increase opponents' running back skills.

This may sound childish but I wish only to see LT and the Chargers play with maximum AI.

jlynn
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Is Ruvell Martin on Madden 2006?

LT LT LT
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
No ruvell Martin or Ryan Krause. I really like the formation in singleback where you can split sproles wide left with Gates and parker in the slots and Keenan wide right with LT in the back field. Pople can't stop it.
But on Defense I can not get any pressure in this game. When I blitz the outside linebacker merriman or foley it gets picked up. Any ideas?
Madden 06 is a more real football game it is really tight that you can slide the O line to pick up the blitz

LazyBoltDude
08-10-2005, 08:29 PM
I must say LT dominates in this game, the truck stick is a thing of beauty!

enjoydispinoy
08-10-2005, 08:34 PM
what's your guys favorite plays? i find a lot of trouble with chargers passing game with their playbook unless its a corner route with gates...u guys stick to their playbook?

SuperBowlBolts
08-10-2005, 08:37 PM
No ruvell Martin or Ryan Krause. I really like the formation in singleback where you can split sproles wide left with Gates and parker in the slots and Keenan wide right with LT in the back field. Pople can't stop it.
But on Defense I can not get any pressure in this game. When I blitz the outside linebacker merriman or foley it gets picked up. Any ideas?
Madden 06 is a more real football game it is really tight that you can slide the O line to pick up the blitz
before you pick a play on defense look at what they have out on the field it should say the # or Tes RBs WRs and so on that are on the field. Or you can just shift your D-Line to one side or LBs to one side and force the AI to move a TE over to the spot then move back. So you LBs dont get picked up.

StevenSD
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM
what's your guys favorite plays? i find a lot of trouble with chargers passing game with their playbook unless its a corner route with gates...u guys stick to their playbook?

The key thing in Madden is if you learn a teams playbook, any play would be possible on any down pretty much. Last years version I played as the Chargers (no roster updates, network adapter is broken), and I was still able to beat my friends who played as the Eages, Pats, etc, pretty much every better rated team.

It's all about knowing the playbook.

GdoubleE
08-11-2005, 12:39 AM
First Simulated season with the Bolts the chargers went 9-7 and missed the play offs.

Second time around they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs
third time they went 10-6 and lost in the first round
4th time they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs

I tinkered with the team by signing a FS that had a rating above 80 Antuan Edwards.

First time through the Bolts went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl against the Rams (of course I played that game because i like to see what the superbowl looks like and its nice to see the bolts celebrate)

Second time they went 12-4 and won the superbowl
third time they went 15-1 and won the superbowl]
4th time they went 14-2 and won the superbowl

BTW the one I am working on (actually playing and not simulating all the way through) Olivea has a Career Ending injury and Van Buren takes over. As a result after winning the superbowl Van Burens rating is now an 84 while we had three Pro Bowlers on the O-line.

Oh yeah you might need to move Castillo from DT to DE in order for him to start.

Go Bolts!!!

Bubba86
08-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah you might need to move Castillo from DT to DE in order for him to start

ya you have to change it under the edit player option not just put him on the depth chart though cause hell drop 2 points overall if you dont change his position.

infoxicated
08-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I have changed my sliders for 2005, giving the AI far superior run-blocking, and a better than average RB ability. Hoever, for the most part it just makes them more likely to break big one-off 60yd runs, rather than making them consistently better at running the ball.

Dunno - I had a game vs the Eagles last night and they did run the ball very well against me in the first half, but only in the 3-4. If I was in the 4-3 they had little success, and when I went 10 ahead they passed for the rest of the game and I blew them out 48-10.

I'm playing at All-Pro because I cant handle the kicking meter for All Madden (and in all of the previous years the AI cheats like hell in All Madden). I'm at the point where I might just crank up my kicker accuracy and make the switch anyway, as it's getting repetative.

2006 for me is now definitely not a "must-buy" like the past five years have been. Once you convert pounds to dollars I pay much more for my game than the North Americans do, yet I get no online play or roster updates.

bubbachuck383
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I have changed my sliders for 2005, giving the AI far superior run-blocking, and a better than average RB ability. Hoever, for the most part it just makes them more likely to break big one-off 60yd runs, rather than making them consistently better at running the ball.

Dunno - I had a game vs the Eagles last night and they did run the ball very well against me in the first half, but only in the 3-4. If I was in the 4-3 they had little success, and when I went 10 ahead they passed for the rest of the game and I blew them out 48-10.

I'm playing at All-Pro because I cant handle the kicking meter for All Madden (and in all of the previous years the AI cheats like hell in All Madden). I'm at the point where I might just crank up my kicker accuracy and make the switch anyway, as it's getting repetative.

2006 for me is now definitely not a "must-buy" like the past five years have been. Once you convert pounds to dollars I pay much more for my game than the North Americans do, yet I get no online play or roster updates.

buy an internet adapter they're cheaper than a new game, mine was only like 40 bucks and that was last year, then not only can u play online but u get roster updates and those help out alot.

Infernus
08-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Want a gooid FS for the Chargers in your franchise? Sign Ty law from Free agnets and edit, change to FS, he becomes a 99.

sdbolts85
08-12-2005, 02:46 PM
i would highly recommend 06, especially for those who play online. run blocking has greatly improved so that its actually possible to run btwn the tackles like you should. the passing thing is cool - i love the precision part. you can finally use tall receivers to your advantage. if only the chargers had any..... lol jk. also juke glitching is no more and cheesers arent nearly as effective since it seems to play more realistically. however ive only played 3 games online (3-0 wit da ravens, gonna use the bolts when i get used to all the new features) so there could be new things cheesers can do. also, nfl superstar mode is pretty good IMO. not great, but im only towards end of first year and ithink more things happen when your guy is more popular and stuff. but its definitely something EA can make truly awesome in years to come. look for sdbolts85 on ps2 online!

Bubba86
08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Want a gooid FS for the Chargers in your franchise? Sign Ty law from Free agnets and edit, change to FS, he becomes a 99.

i might do that. i usually sign the top fas to low bonus deals for 1 year and then trade them for first round picks. i was just messing around with it when i first got it and had 5 first round picks.

StLBoltboy
08-12-2005, 10:17 PM
for Jammer. In the first 3 games of my franchise he has FIVE INT's, with 1 TD (thanks to She-li). Merriman has had some good hits since being inserted into the line up and VJ has had some big drive-extending catches. Overall I like 06 more than 05.

sdbolts85
08-13-2005, 09:00 AM
also i like the difficulty of all-madden on 06. on 05 i thought it was too easy, so i'd adjust the sliders and it quickly became too frusterating. ive only played two games on all-madden this year, and it looks like you really have to be mistake free to win. started a franchise and lost to the cowboys 16 - 3 when everything went wrong. i had user pick w/ jue called back cuz of pass interference on sammy. sproles fumble on kr set up only td for them. laid huge hit causing fumble on julious but they recovered. i mean when its 3rd and 13 and julious stiff arms both donnie and kiel to the ground, its pretty hard! i was determined to redeem myself and i beat the broncos 20-15 in my second game (castillo picks off plummer in a late 4th quarter drive!! i had him in qb spy and plummer tries to throw a crossing pattern to rod smith... lol). anyone else playin on all-madden? btw i dont sign any free agents and godfrey is out for the season.

btw im sdbolts85 on ps2 online if u want a straight game

botlkid8
08-13-2005, 01:28 PM
i have found out that if you run LT during the majority of oyur first drive your passing game will be unstopable. Play action works like a beauty. Im 10-0 right now with the best offense in the league, the best run defense, and #2 overall in defense. Sammy is acutally the best corner on my team(4 ints 18 passes defensed)...jammer has 3 ints and 16 passes defensed(with a touchdown return). Donnie leads the league in interceptions with 8 but only 40 tackles. Merriman is a beast and jamal and castillo wont be stopped when you blitz. Lt broke the single game rushing record agasint the jets with 323 and 4 TD's...My entire o-line is tops in the league will all yearning probowl trips so far. Brees has 30 TD's with 15int's(computer does wiered stuff when your beating them by 40....They get interceptions they never would have in the first half)..so im going for the unblemished record without any simulation. Im also trying to get LT to the single season rushing record(might as well prepare for it now) he has 1703 through week 10....i would say it wont be too tough.

Tomlinson21
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Anyone interested in forming a league SD style?

LTfan4life
08-13-2005, 02:10 PM
So, I ask: Does the user actually get flagged for penalties and actually get injured? I rarely got either one in 05, with ther rare (one every few games) holding penalty.

sdbolts85
08-13-2005, 02:40 PM
So, I ask: Does the user actually get flagged for penalties and actually get injured? I rarely got either one in 05, with ther rare (one every few games) holding penalty.

yeah you get pass interference calls if you obstruct the other guy if youre on offense or defense. so you cant just get in the wrs way on d on those long passes like you could in 05. injuries and holding are still fairly rare, but both happen. my superstar got injured once, but only for a few plays.

sdbolts85
08-13-2005, 03:53 PM
3-2 in my chargers franchise now. im playin on all-madden with 8 minute, accelerated clock quarters. man i got smacked by the giants. i was down 14-10 towards end of 2nd half driving in field goal range. VJ was in single coverage on a post pattern, so i throw a high bullet that only he can get. except he doesnt go for it (cuz of really low awr i guess) and the db picks it off. so im mad and try to hit stick him with vj, but he was too far behind and it didnt work. the db then breaks a tackle from my oline and goes all the way. 21-10, still manageable. but then sproles fumbles on the ensuing kickoff return and the giants take it to the house! anyway bad went to worse in second half and it was like 52-20something. but i won 24-21 at new england and then won by 7 against pittsburgh. its all about being smart with the football and not giving up big plays!

Tomlinson21
08-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Madden is a great game...been playing it for years. it's too bad whoever is on the cover gets cursed year in and year out.

McNabb is just getting crucified by TO..and that's sad. I think the Madden Curse is true. It's baffling!

StLBoltboy
08-14-2005, 07:37 PM

Although not a major injury, Brees was out for a series or 2 against New England. Rivers moved the ball, but couldn't sustain a drive.

As for the rooks, Merriman, VJ, and Sproles all have had their moments in the sun. VJ had a 100 yd day against Pittsburgh, and Sproles returned a KO to the house in a 29-7 win. Jammer has been unconscious, picking up his 7th INT of the year to preserve a 14-10 win in Oakland.

Infernus
08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Merrimen sacked Eli rwice in my franchise, along with Olshanshky, I got 5 sacks in that game. I get like 2 sacks a game with Jamal Williams.

giant squid
08-15-2005, 04:29 AM
this is a custom cover i made with kassim osgood. i hope it's not to big

http://www.salvationarmory.com/upload/images/osgood copy.jpg

LV_BOLT
08-15-2005, 11:39 AM
this is a custom cover i made with kassim osgood. i hope it's not to big

http://www.salvationarmory.com/upload/images/osgood copy.jpg

Hey, that's damn cool, man! I'd like to see one with Igor or Donnie on the cover! :D

Tomlinson21
08-15-2005, 12:43 PM
What software do you use to do stuff like that...I see so many nice customed designed charger pictures...can you give me some info?

TD4LT
08-15-2005, 05:01 PM
custom cover alert
heres an LT one i conjured up
i hopes its good im kinda new to this stuff
[img=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6696/madden06tomlinson5jj.th.jpg] (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=madden06tomlinson5jj.jpg)

giant squid
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
What software do you use to do stuff like that...I see so many nice customed designed charger pictures...can you give me some info?

go here: http://maddenstuff.flexiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=223

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Wonders why there are so many underrated players in madden.

Looks at madden 05
Looks at madden 06

Sees not much difference

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Does anyone have an LT Powder Blue custom Cover? That would be very cool.

:21:

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I've been looking for awhile for 1. This would be a good place to find it.

#1 Queifs hater
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
i like 2005 madden better 4 some reason qb vision is cool but it changes the whole game around:(

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I like the vision cone. The truck stick is cool. And they have that 1 thing. Where you hit back on the R3 and your player shifts back so he won't be hit. I don't know what its called.

BeWaReDaBoLt
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
i like 2005 madden better 4 some reason qb vision is cool but it changes the whole game around:(

The cone actually helped my passing game....in 2005...i threw to mostly my running backs and Gates..then run with LT....shoot..I had maybe 5 plays i ran the whole time....and people still cant beat me....

robsweetin
08-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Quick thoughts on Madden 06...

Truck stick is awesome! I can't believe they didn't come up with this for 05, though it's a disgrace that you can't use the truck stick in multiplayer mode. My buddies and I play Madden all the time, usually 2 on 2, and unfortunately only the playcaller on each team can utilize the truck stick. This detail really hurts the gameplay of multiplayer games.

Superstar mode is terrible. Unless you've exported your character from NCAA, I suppose. Rich Eisen? Haircuts? Movie deals? Come on, that stuff sucks. They should've invested more in improving the Franchise mode, which is more or less the same as 05. One feature they did add to the Franchise mode in the Gameplan, where you can practice a few plays your team is likely to see on Sunday during practice. It seems like your team runs certain plays better in games if you score higher in gameplan practice. Kind of cool.

Other than the truck stick and the superstar mode, the only other new addition is the QB vision...a feature I quickly turned off after playing about a quarter. I'm amazed that the game developers left this feature in the game at all. My guess is that after they spent a ton of money coming up with a new feature for a recycled game, there was no way the feature wasn't going into the game, no matter how bad it sucked. I'm just glad you can turn it off. It's distracting to use and even more distracting to play against.

There are a ton more PI calls in this year's game than last, which is probably how it should be, considering the rule change. And helmets seem to be flying off all the time. Madden 06 isn't as great as Madden 05 was when 05 had just come out, but it's still cool. Overall, if your a fan of the Madden series, it's worth getting just for the updated rosters and schedules.

Infernus
08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I like the vision cone and it really isn't that hard.

GdoubleE
08-18-2005, 04:03 AM
The line of sight thing makes the gameplay more realisitic as the Qb in real life has to look at the guy he is throwing to accurately. On defense in real life you can watch the QB's eyes and the same goes with the game.

infoxicated
08-18-2005, 03:29 PM
buy an internet adapter they're cheaper than a new game, mine was only like 40 bucks and that was last year, then not only can u play online but u get roster updates and those help out alot.
I have a network adapter, but for the PAL release of Madden EA disables the online features of the game - that's why I said I pay more for less of a game.

My only option is to get an NTSC PS2 and an NTSC copy of the game, but even then I have no guarantee that I'd be able to connect to EA's servers from the UK.

bubbachuck383
08-18-2005, 04:24 PM
I have a network adapter, but for the PAL release of Madden EA disables the online features of the game - that's why I said I pay more for less of a game.

My only option is to get an NTSC PS2 and an NTSC copy of the game, but even then I have no guarantee that I'd be able to connect to EA's servers from the UK.

i bet you could connect if u got NTSC or whatever, i saw a dude online from japan today.

infoxicated
08-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Nice one - that's a positive indication that you can do it from outside of Northern America. :)

Dunno - it's only a year or so until I'll be throwing pennies together for a PS3 and Madden 2007, so it's probably a bit late in the day for me to be splashing on an NTSC PS2.

Fingers crossed EA has their act together for the next generation of consoles, so we can all be playing each other no-matter where we live. :)

guimcharger
08-21-2005, 11:10 PM
My take on Madden 06 is that it is the same as 05. Superstar mode was diappointing. I don't know if there is anyway you can get drafted higher then the third round. Also it would be better if you could only control yourself instead of having to play all the players. Franchise mode is the same and players still get too good too quickly. I had a player that was 65 to start with and now he is 75 and he is a back up.

#1 Queifs hater
08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
madden 06 this year is a game that u either love it or hate it, i for 1 think other games are better

Brees2GatesTD
10-31-2005, 08:51 AM
www.maddennation.com/forums/register.php?

this place rocks