PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 pricing confirmed

JerryinCA
08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
The xbox 360 will launch with 2 models. One basic model for 299.99 and one "premium" model at 399.99. The core model comes with the console and a wired controller and the standard av cables. The premium one comes with a 20 gig hard drive, xbox live head set, dvd remote control, wireless controller and component video cables for HDTV hook ups. I plan on getting the premium version, just to buy the hard drive alone is 99.00 so it's worth it.

botlkid8
08-17-2005, 03:45 PM
good post but do you have a link?...or a release date?

joelbolt
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Microsoft reveals pricing for Xbox 360 console (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8984074/)

botlkid8
08-17-2005, 10:27 PM
thanks joelbolt

JerryinCA
08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Since the Xbox 360 let's you change the face plate I hope they make some NFL face plates. I'd love to have a navy face plate with the bolt on the front of my 360 while playing the next gen version of madden.

Havoc3_20
08-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Im getting it the day it comes out. Ill get the premium with the Harddrive. The harddrive is worth the extra money alone even If I already have Xbox Live.

Will I be able to use my current DVD remote with the new Xbox?

El Relámpago
08-18-2005, 03:32 PM
PS3 will blow it out of the water.....when it comes out. I have a deal w/ my sis. She buys the Microsoft, I buy the Sony!

hambone
08-27-2005, 12:27 AM
ditto also buyin xbox360 here and no ps3 wont blow it away halo3 is comming out same day ps3 is

Boltman19
08-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Ill be getting the 400 dollar one, hopefully for christmas, unless i get a job

blueJAY
08-31-2005, 03:20 AM
Since the Xbox 360 let's you change the face plate I hope they make some NFL face plates. I'd love to have a navy face plate with the bolt on the front of my 360 while playing the next gen version of madden.

I'd get an Xbox if it came out with NFL plates, namely a Chargers one. :) But 399? *sigh* That's a HUGE chunk in my paycheck!

IgorUnchained
08-31-2005, 04:55 AM
Xbox 360 will be released around Christmas 2005, or so the rumor goes....

I too will be buying the 400 dollar one. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion will be released around the same time that the system is, and I spent well over 400 dollars on the game before Oblivion in that series.

I bought an Xbox just to play Morrowind....and then when I got a PC I bought it for the PC (and the 2 xpansions.....new controllers...etc) which all in all, probably cost about 500 dollars.

I guarantee I have played over 1000 hours of Morrowind and I would still play it to this day if I had that kind of time....it never gets old and Oblivion will be even better. I encourage you to check it out if you like open ended RPG type games. It is easily the best game I have ever played in my life.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Screenshots http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_xbox360_screens_01.htm

Havoc3_20
08-31-2005, 08:13 AM
Morrowind looks amazing im getting that and I believe there was one called Dead Rising or something like that. A zombie game where your a reporter trapped in a mall and the point isn't to kill Zombies but to survive as long as possible.

StevenSD
08-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Heh, I'll just wait for the PS3, same price most likely, but more power ;) and I'll laugh at all of those who paid the same money for a less powerfull system.

Jcharger5525
09-11-2005, 06:34 PM
The came out with new systems too fast

robanalog
09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
If the Xbox 360 is going to be released in time for Xmas, is Microsoft going to drop the price of the old Xbox at the same time? Anybody heard any news?

SkiLLET
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
400 plus a game. How much are the games going to be?

El Relámpago
09-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Heh, I'll just wait for the PS3, same price most likely, but more power ;) and I'll laugh at all of those who paid the same money for a less powerfull system.

I'll join in that laugh.

ha, ha.......ha, ha.

I'll just borrow my bro's when he buys the xbox. :D

All about Sony baby!

hegor
09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
360 will be out on Nov 22nd. Most retailers will have a limited allocation of them, so I suggest you reserve one at your local Gamecrazy/EB/GameStop unless you want to wait in line at 5 am outside Walmart or Best Buy.

I saw the 360 last week at my managers conference. It appears to be a solid machine overall. The controller is awesome!

PS3 and Nintendo Revolution are still works in progress and really can't be logically compared to the 360 until specs are finalized. So I suggest all non-fanboy gamers withhold judgement on what will be more powerful that what. It will be interesting to see what the developers think of each system.

You have the 360 and PS3 which have difficult to program exotic CPUs but have conventional controllers. Then you have Nintendo Revolution which will have a more conventional CPU but an exotic controller.

Remember that the power of a system is relative to how easy it is to harness that power. Quite a few developers are complaining about the 360s multi core processor. I'm sure developers will feel the same way about the PS3. The Revolution will appear to have a less powerful but easier to program CPU.

spysnipedis
09-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Getting xbox360 when it comes out, and nintendo rev. Seriously, who wouldn't like playing mario kart online or super smash bros.

IgorUnchained
09-26-2005, 08:50 AM
any idea of when and which major retailers will be allowing reservations for the system?

I have the money saved already and I want to get a good one when it first comes out (with a copy of Oblivion).....and I want a week off from work....

Skillet- Games are rumored to be around 59.99.

h9er
10-02-2005, 02:23 AM
way too much money to spend, just to get beat at madden.

i heart ladain
10-02-2005, 08:02 PM
i'm really hoping to get 360, so i can cop some of the ea sports titles (madden, live, mvp baseball, t-woods)... hopefully madden next gen.

SD-SteelerFan
10-11-2005, 03:37 PM
The XBOX is looking better than the PS3 IMO. Its gonna be huge if they get that out before the Holiday season, and the PS3 is not yet ready...

The-Beast
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
if i remember correctly ps3 is running a nvidea graphics system in which allows double the capacity of the 360. ps3 will have more power due to this but the ability to use any system to its capacity is hard

chale1904
06-20-2006, 12:50 AM
I feel sorry for people still waiting for the PS3.You're pretty much waiting a whole year for a Blu-ray DVD player.Gameplay and graphics aren't any better than the 360 and it's going to be $500.Xbox Live is sick!

JCDavey
06-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I feel sorry for people still waiting for the PS3.You're pretty much waiting a whole year for a Blu-ray DVD player.Gameplay and graphics aren't any better than the 360 and it's going to be $500.Xbox Live is sick!it's going to be the better console just based on coming out after the current console, the same way xbox was better than ps2 because it came out after ps2 and had the better hardware...fact

more expensive...of course

LAbolt
06-20-2006, 02:40 AM

They already came out with some NFL face plates for the xbox 360. Www.madcatz.com check them out. They don't have a charger 1 yet. But it does say more teams comming soon....

Boltman19
06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I will be picking up a 360 next month, whenever Over G Fighters and NCAA Football come out

LTfan4life
06-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Eh...if I really get the urge, I'll decide which system to buy after both are out. The only games I'd be playing would be Madden, Grand Theft Auto, NCAA Football and maybe an NBA or MLB game. For the mean time, I might pick up NFL Head Coach or wait for Madden's 2007 roster update for ps2 :)

SDRANGER619
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
it's going to be the better console just based on coming out after the current console, the same way xbox was better than ps2 because it came out after ps2 and had the better hardware...fact

more expensive...of courseI agree, the 360 won't even come close to the PS3. I can't wait.

JCDavey
06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I agree, the 360 won't even come close to the PS3. I can't wait.i think every system will have it's advantages and it's probably going to be a nice luxury if you have all 3, but i just think the sony's power will be better, but microsoft will win the next gen war, financially.

you don't have to be the best system from a hardware standpoint, you just have to market yourself well and have good timing

if ms can lower the price of the 360 right when the ps3 debuts, and couple it with halo 3's launch, this race is over before it even began really.

SDRANGER619
06-20-2006, 11:18 AM
^^ good point, and that's true. Which is why the PS has always been on top. Marketing, games, timing.

Satcong_21
06-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Isn't this thread belong to "Off Topic" ?

Anyhow...Sure PS3 gonna rock but I am not sure for 2 millions shipped worlwide for first release, we all are not gonna get it for awhile....

And if any of us do get one first time, the smart thing to do is to put on Ebay and you pretty much can get a PS3 (eventually) and xbox 360 for free from the profit made...Unless you make banks and couldn't careless for free gaming consoles...:D

JCDavey
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
i'm getting the wii first (can't wait to accidently maim someone with the remote trying to throw a pass in madden), and probably 360 after the halo 3 noobs all die off (halo 2 was plagued with them) then ps3 when it's price dies down.

Dude
06-20-2006, 12:00 PM
For 500 dollars...I'm sure it worth the money...but then you have to shell out another 100 for all the bells and whistles...

That's a little too steep for me...but because I love Sony...I may just have to take the dive and get one on opening release.

LTfan4life
06-20-2006, 02:12 PM
For 500 dollars...I'm sure it worth the money...but then you have to shell out another 100 for all the bells and whistles...

That's a little too steep for me...but because I love Sony...I may just have to take the dive and get one on opening release.

What are these "bells and whistles"? $600 is a lot to look at a TV and hit a button...

SDRANGER619
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah what are the bells and whistles? If I remember correctly the $500 price tag is with all the bells and whistles.

Dude
06-20-2006, 02:50 PM
there's gonna be 20 GB hardrive with the $500.00 PS3 without the WI FI and with the $600.00, you get the WI FI, a Silver plated PS3 (compared to the all black) and what you also get I believe is a 50-60 GB Hard drive which is alot of the bang for another $100.

Ill let you in on more of the specifics as soon as I get home from work today. :Bolt:

LAbolt
06-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I agree, the 360 won't even come close to the PS3. I can't wait.

ps3 will suck book it. xbox 360 has sold and will sell more then ps3 :Beer:

JCDavey
06-20-2006, 04:43 PM
ps3 will suck book it. xbox 360 has sold and will sell more then ps3 :Beer:360 will sell better than ps3, but be inferior in hardware, same way ps2 sold better than xbox but was inferior in hardware

both will be good systems...console fanboys should die a horrible death...and this wasn't directed at you LA :Beer:

SDRANGER619
06-20-2006, 05:20 PM
ps3 will suck book it. xbox 360 has sold and will sell more then ps3 :Beer:OHHHH I will search for this thread when the PS3 is reviewed by the tech geeks...How do you like your crow... rare? or medium rare? hahaha sucker

LAbolt
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
OHHHH I will search for this thread when the PS3 is reviewed by the tech geeks...How do you like your crow... rare? or medium rare? hahaha sucker

neither and urself? we will see,when all u fellow sony fans get dissapointed :nono:

JerryinCA
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
I think that Sony doomed themselves with that price point. Irregardless of theoretical power the ps3 is going to be very hard to get any higher performance out of than the 360 is capable of. Every game shown for both consoles so far looks the same or better on the 360, not only that but MS also took one of sony's biggest weapons away from them that being the Grand theft auto franchise. I don't mean they took it completely away but the ps3 won't have any exclusive time with the game like the ps2 did with the other GTA games. The 360 will be the only console you can play Halo 3, Gears of war and still have GTA and all of the sports titles and they will all look just as good as the ps3 versions of those games.

As far as the Wii goes, I think the hype for it will die down quickly after it is released. I don't know anyone who really wants to play games waving a controller around even if it's just a slight gesture. I think it was an idea that sounded better on paper than it will actually turn out to be in practice. So far all hands on reports say it's better to play standing up than sitting down which is another strike against it and I've read that you should be standing about 8 feet away from the tv which I think will also be a problem for people who play their games in a bedroom.

It is very early to say this but I think MS has actually done the best job all around, they've put out very powerful hardware that hasn't even been pushed yet graphically, it's at a price that people seem willing to pay and since they started their pricing cycle first they'll always be able to beat sony when it comes to pricing, they have a lot of highly anticipated 1st party exclusive games that they are making internally or are publishing from other developers like Halo 3, Gears of war, Forza 2, Fable 2, Masse Effect, Too human, Crackdown and other 3rd party exclusives like Dead Rising and Lost planet from capcom (if you have the 360 download the lost planet demo, it's fun) and many others plus they'll have all of the major sports titles that the ps3 will have as well as the already mentioned GTA coming out on the 360 and ps3 the same day.

MS just seems to have all of their bases covered and should be very successful in both north america and Europe. I think MS and Nintendo will both do better this generation than last but I think that the 360 will be the winner in NA and Europe as far as over all sales go if no other reason than just the rediculous pricing that the ps3 has been announced to have. Even if it has all of these things that the tech heads want, most of the public could care less about blue ray dvd's or a lot of the other features they are saying justifies the pricing and I think that will come back to bite sony in the form of much lower sales than the last 2 generations. The sales they do get will be off of the playstation name alone but the casual gamers are going to have a hard time wanting to buy a machine that costs 600 dollars with no game.

LTfan4life
06-21-2006, 12:19 AM
The thing that's always bugged me about X Box, is that damn controller. It's big, fat, and ugly. It's uncomfortable. The Playstation controllers have always felt snug and just right. I'll decide which one I want after I see all the reviews on the PS3 come out. I'll onyl be playing a few games, so it's not a huge deal to me about graphics, etc.

JCDavey
06-21-2006, 12:30 AM
I think that Sony doomed themselves with that price point. Irregardless of theoretical power the ps3 is going to be very hard to get any higher performance out of than the 360 is capable of. Every game shown for both consoles so far looks the same or better on the 360, not only that but MS also took one of sony's biggest weapons away from them that being the Grand theft auto franchise. I don't mean they took it completely away but the ps3 won't have any exclusive time with the game like the ps2 did with the other GTA games. The 360 will be the only console you can play Halo 3, Gears of war and still have GTA and all of the sports titles and they will all look just as good as the ps3 versions of those games.

As far as the Wii goes, I think the hype for it will die down quickly after it is released. I don't know anyone who really wants to play games waving a controller around even if it's just a slight gesture. I think it was an idea that sounded better on paper than it will actually turn out to be in practice. So far all hands on reports say it's better to play standing up than sitting down which is another strike against it and I've read that you should be standing about 8 feet away from the tv which I think will also be a problem for people who play their games in a bedroom.

It is very early to say this but I think MS has actually done the best job all around, they've put out very powerful hardware that hasn't even been pushed yet graphically, it's at a price that people seem willing to pay and since they started their pricing cycle first they'll always be able to beat sony when it comes to pricing, they have a lot of highly anticipated 1st party exclusive games that they are making internally or are publishing from other developers like Halo 3, Gears of war, Forza 2, Fable 2, Masse Effect, Too human, Crackdown and other 3rd party exclusives like Dead Rising and Lost planet from capcom (if you have the 360 download the lost planet demo, it's fun) and many others plus they'll have all of the major sports titles that the ps3 will have as well as the already mentioned GTA coming out on the 360 and ps3 the same day.

MS just seems to have all of their bases covered and should be very successful in both north america and Europe. I think MS and Nintendo will both do better this generation than last but I think that the 360 will be the winner in NA and Europe as far as over all sales go if no other reason than just the rediculous pricing that the ps3 has been announced to have. Even if it has all of these things that the tech heads want, most of the public could care less about blue ray dvd's or a lot of the other features they are saying justifies the pricing and I think that will come back to bite sony in the form of much lower sales than the last 2 generations. The sales they do get will be off of the playstation name alone but the casual gamers are going to have a hard time wanting to buy a machine that costs 600 dollars with no game.wii will finish 1st in japan and 3rd everywhere else , bet on that haha

JerryinCA
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
The thing that's always bugged me about X Box, is that damn controller. It's big, fat, and ugly. It's uncomfortable. The Playstation controllers have always felt snug and just right. I'll decide which one I want after I see all the reviews on the PS3 come out. I'll onyl be playing a few games, so it's not a huge deal to me about graphics, etc.

Have you tried out the 360 controller? or the 2nd controller that came out for the original xbox? both are substantaill smaller than the original xbox controller. The 360 controller in particular is very comfortable, it's the smallst one MS has put out so far and it also has shoulder bumpers instead of those tiny black and white buttons.

JCDavey
06-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Have you tried out the 360 controller? or the 2nd controller that came out for the original xbox? both are substantaill smaller than the original xbox controller. The 360 controller in particular is very comfortable, it's the smallst one MS has put out so far and it also has shoulder bumpers instead of those tiny black and white buttons.yeah what jerry said , 360 controller is the best one currently made for any console ever , it's light as a feather, very comfortable and even better than the ps2's which used to be the king.

i was looking forward to the battarang for the ps3 for driving games but they decided to just give people the same old ps2 type controller, bad decision

JerryinCA
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
yeah what jerry said , 360 controller is the best one currently made for any console ever , it's light as a feather, very comfortable and even better than the ps2's which used to be the king.

i was looking forward to the battarang for the ps3 for driving games but they decided to just give people the same old ps2 type controller, bad decision

They had no choice, everyone was bashing them for that boomerang looking thing they had showed early on. Even if it was good for driving games it didn't look like it would have been good for much else. I think it was a mistake also to take out the rumble feature and put in that tilt function, the controller rumbling has sort of become a staple in console gaming now. I'm sure it had more to do with that law suit sony has against them than for wanting to be different though.

JCDavey
06-21-2006, 03:39 PM
They had no choice, everyone was bashing them for that boomerang looking thing they had showed early on. Even if it was good for driving games it didn't look like it would have been good for much else. I think it was a mistake also to take out the rumble feature and put in that tilt function, the controller rumbling has sort of become a staple in console gaming now. I'm sure it had more to do with that law suit sony has against them than for wanting to be different though.yeah it's about the lawsuit