PDA

View Full Version : madden tips, challenge, and questions

drangus
08-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Is anyone participating? How do I sign up and does anyone want to exchange tips?

Jcharger5525
09-11-2005, 06:38 PM
What is this challenge you speak of?

jweb101
09-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Can anyone tell me why, on every punt to Sproles, I need to fair catch the ball. I know I'm not that great, but I'm undefeated in Pro, and it seems like every time they punt the ball, there is at least one guy waiting there for Sproles to catch it. And if I try to return those, half the time he fumbles. I am just using the base punt return defense, any input would be appreciated. BTW, just beat the Giants 34-6. Good omen!

i heart ladain
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
jweb, i was doin the same thing today. i put on punt block or something each time, but 9 out of 10 times, you have to fair catch it. it really sucks. i routed the giants in pro today 77-0. go bolts:Bolt:

Dan Le
10-03-2005, 06:52 AM
You guys talking about Madden 06? I've gotten pretty good at that, playing at All-Pro now but yeah, that Punt Problem, sometimes I can make a run but get like 5 yards...Also how do you block a punt? Do you just take control of Sproles and let the AI do the work?

StevenSD
10-03-2005, 09:06 AM
I only had one punt return for a TD by Sproles

#1 Queifs hater
10-03-2005, 05:15 PM
in madden 06 i think its much easier to return punts and rushes 4 bigger yards, in 05 i played on all pro and i couldn't get any yards with any deacent back, now in 06 i can get like 200 yards on a ok day in the game, and kick returns are much easier to take 4 tds, in madden 05 i had since it came out the 1st day and i only got like 5 tds the hole time i played(4 of them came in 1 game vs my bro) now in madden 06 i taken a return back 7 times on all madden already, madden 06 is an easier game in my point of view but yeah the de seems 2 always get there as soon as u catch the ball 4 a punt

maddenballer
03-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah, punt returns are kinda messed up in the current gen games. They seemed to have fixed them up on the 360 version and hopefully this will come through to the 2007 series.

If you are looking for some good tips to improve your madden game, you might want to check out http://www.maddentips.com

TheIceCreamMan
03-04-2006, 06:45 AM
yea the punts 9/10 times u ahve to fair catch its just how the blocking in the game works

Podium
03-04-2006, 09:36 AM
You have to fair catch 9/10 times because of the way the CPU punts the ball. Theoretically, it's what should happen in real life, they teach you not to outkick your coverage, and that's what the CPU punter does, kicks it just far enough so you have to fair catch it.

About blocking a punt. I've blocked 1. I lined up in punt block, and the computer didn't max protect so they had 2 gunners on the sides. I was the player all the way on the left and i adjusted the two players to the right of that player to the left (when looking at the screen). I timed the snap nicely, got in and blocked that sucker!

SDFaiderHater
03-04-2006, 10:58 AM
yea the punts 9/10 times u ahve to fair catch its just how the blocking in the game works

its even better when you have 3 blockers just standing there letting the guys go right past them, the blocking sucks in that game, havent played it on 360, but i've seen it, it looks pretty damn good on it.

TheIceCreamMan
03-05-2006, 08:44 AM
hahah yes 3 blockers and they just stand there..... soo truee

nochleben
03-05-2006, 08:57 AM
madden 06 on 360 is horrible doesn't feel real at all the views are horrible and just doesn't feel like madden.

TJ21
03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
madden 06 on 360 is horrible doesn't feel real at all the views are horrible and just doesn't feel like madden.
I have to buy my old xbox back. You can't play NCAA either! WTH!?

56lightsout56
03-05-2006, 12:54 PM
the punt program does suck and it does have something to do with the programmed AI as mentioned. I've played with the sliders for punt accurancy and length but it does seem to matter.
I am hoping for a bit of karma for the Draft as on Madden's '07 season draft i traded up from 30 to #22 before the draft and guess who was available????
Ko Simpson. I am hoping that this remainds true for April's draft as well.

Brees Fan71786
03-07-2006, 09:21 PM
i figured out how to get past the 0 blockers on the punt problem. I just take one of the down linemen that usually rush the punter, bring him halfway back between the returner and the line. direct the lineman from the side into the guy that is usually waiting right there for your guy and then switch to the punt returner. If you do it right your lineman will decleat the guy waiting for you and you get at least 5 yards of return room. If you screw it up the lineman usually gets hit in the head with the ball and you fumble but if you do it right it works every time.

Brees Fan71786
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
You have to switch to the returner right before the lineman your using to do the block is going to hit the guy because under your control it just doesn't work. when you switch to the returner all the sudden the lineman you have running into the other teams special teamer will realize he should block and it works.

Brees Fan71786
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
its good stuff you should try it. doesnt work when there are 2 guys waiting for you obviously.

LAbolt
03-08-2006, 02:02 AM
im madden o6 im the greatest man with the boltz playing online on my xbox.. with LTi average 125 yrds a game. brees avg. 220 a game. pretty good.. does anybody on here play the xbox live? madden 06 if u do my screen name there is brew323

bolts22
03-08-2006, 06:13 AM
To be able to get any punt return yardage, i always select "Punt BL Return" as my return play. it sets up the return team as if you're going for the block. the gunners will shift in to set up blocking. I only have to fair catch on the rare occasion, i almost always get 5 to 10 yards and have returned 1 for a touchdown.

LT LT LT
03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
What kind of stuff do you guys like to run with the chargers? I use a lot of the base I formation and run the slam or the counter out of it. I will also use the spread formation with gates and parker wide to the left then peele and Keenan wide to the right with LT in the backfield. I can run out of that formation or throw. Single back is pretty effective to run and throw out of.

Then on Defense I play zone behind the blitz. Like cover 3 with the OLB's on both sides blitzing. (that laves the flats open) But then I go cover 2 with OLB's blitzing and if they throw to the flats it gets picked. Sometimes I go man cover 1 with OLB's blitzing. In passing situations I drop a lot into covereage and use phillips to bring pressure from D end spot.

Bo1TZ
03-09-2006, 12:11 AM
You have to fair catch 9/10 times because of the way the CPU punts the ball. Theoretically, it's what should happen in real life, they teach you not to outkick your coverage, and that's what the CPU punter does, kicks it just far enough so you have to fair catch it.

About blocking a punt. I've blocked 1. I lined up in punt block, and the computer didn't max protect so they had 2 gunners on the sides. I was the player all the way on the left and i adjusted the two players to the right of that player to the left (when looking at the screen). I timed the snap nicely, got in and blocked that sucker!

It's actually pretty easy to block punts. When the punter is right footed you go to block punt formation and the computer almost always switches to max protect. There is a gap right in front of your third guy from the right and you can almost always shoot it. You have to sub in your fastest corner there and avoid the personal protector. If the computer doesn't switch to max protect then you use the farthest guy on the outside away from the side with two personal protectors. I usually get one or two blocks a game with Champ Bailey on all-madden, but I do make the computer punt at least ten times a game as well. If anyone plays 06 on Xbox live and wants to play I gotta say that I'm pretty good (going through my 6th straight undefeated season in my franchise and I usually outscore the computer by 60 or 70 on all-madden) then hit me up with a PM. Hope this tip helped.

Bo1TZ
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
What kind of stuff do you guys like to run with the chargers? I use a lot of the base I formation and run the slam or the counter out of it. I will also use the spread formation with gates and parker wide to the left then peele and Keenan wide to the right with LT in the backfield. I can run out of that formation or throw. Single back is pretty effective to run and throw out of.

Then on Defense I play zone behind the blitz. Like cover 3 with the OLB's on both sides blitzing. (that laves the flats open) But then I go cover 2 with OLB's blitzing and if they throw to the flats it gets picked. Sometimes I go man cover 1 with OLB's blitzing. In passing situations I drop a lot into covereage and use phillips to bring pressure from D end spot.

God I hate playing with the Chargers. I love to blitz on defense but every time I do Jammer or Florence gets burned deep for a touchdown. When I run a 3-4 I usually mix it up a lot between cover three, cover two, cover four, and an array of blitzes. Mixing it up well confuses the computer and gets me a lot of interceptions, and a lot of sacks. Usually if I am the Chargers, I switch to a 4-3 and run a 4-3 over with Jamal and Luis Castillo on the inside, Igor and Cesaire on the outside, and Merriman as a permanent blitzing linebacker.

Boltman19
03-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Can anyone give me tips for playing against the colts?

I used the Chargers, and Jammer can stop Harrison about 60 % of the time, which is pretty good for him. But Davis constantly gets beat by either Reggie Wayne, or Stokley

LT LT LT
03-15-2006, 08:25 PM

I used the Chargers, and Jammer can stop Harrison about 60 % of the time, which is pretty good for him. But Davis constantly gets beat by either Reggie Wayne, or Stokley

Stay in the 3-4 and blitz OLB's playing cover 2 and 3 behind it. If they throw down field stay in cover 3 until they see the flats are open. Then mix in the cover 2 once they start hitting the flat

LTfan4life
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM

Run a lot of nickel packages with deep zone coverages. Davis/Florence make a solid NB in the game.

L.T. - 21
03-19-2006, 07:36 AM
here's a tip, none of yall can beat me in madden 06, hahaha

LT LT LT
03-19-2006, 01:08 PM
you wanna play I will kill you

L.T. - 21
03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
you wanna play I will kill you

man i would smash you into the ground, i am the madden champ of the world

hoopdreams
03-19-2006, 04:15 PM
here's a tip, none of yall can beat me in madden 06, hahaha

Do you have X-box live? I will woop you. If you do I'll send you my screen name and then let the games begin.

Besides I thought you didn't own madden 06. Remember when you wrote this?

ohhh so you know all about me, for your information i dont even own a madden game, the last football i played was NFL Street almost 2 years ago. so before you start make accuisation, get ur facts straight so when people correct you they dont make you look like an idiot

And who did you say looks like an idiot? Just a thought man, just a thought.

LT LT LT
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
I play madden 06 on PS2 anyone wants to play my name on their is LT LT LT big suprise I know. So lets play sometime

LTfan4life
03-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey guys...I dunno how I hook up my ps2 so I can play online. I have the new slim one, and I heard it has a built in network adapter thingy. Who's smart at this stuff?

LT LT LT
03-20-2006, 12:11 AM
just plug your ethernet cord into the hole in the back where it fits. Then go to game modes and play online it will work

drangus
03-31-2006, 11:38 PM
just plug your ethernet cord into the hole in the back where it fits. Then go to game modes and play online it will work

your kidding right? don't youhave to subsrcibe or something?

LT LT LT
04-01-2006, 08:46 PM
No you can just go right on with PS2 but for XBOX you have to buy a subsrciption to XBOX live

LTfan4life
04-01-2006, 10:35 PM
No you can just go right on with PS2 but for XBOX you have to buy a subsrciption to XBOX live

I did that...and my comp says it doesn't connect to the DNAS Server. I'm not too sure how to reset my cable modem, as it only has a Standby button, and no Off button :(

Charger Dodger
04-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey guys...I dunno how I hook up my ps2 so I can play online. I have the new slim one, and I heard it has a built in network adapter thingy. Who's smart at this stuff?

You can't do it to the slim version. There's a Adapter that comes seperate and it only work for the old version. It connects to the back and that's how you get online. You can do dial up on the PS2, but it's just not the same. It's not even worth it. Get Xbox, trust me. not 360, just Xbox. But you have to pay for a suscription to get online. It's not bad for about 3 bucks a month or something like that.

LT LT LT
04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
No the slim PS2 comes with online capability. I'm not sure why ur having issues with the DNAS server thing but you can get it fixed. I had problems the first few times as well but messed with the settings and used the instructions. At one point I called Sony as well as my online provider. If you give me more details as to what it says I can tell you what I think. You can definetly make it work though don't worry about that it may just take some time to get started

Bolt4Life
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Can anyone tell me why, on every punt to Sproles, I need to fair catch the ball. I know I'm not that great, but I'm undefeated in Pro, and it seems like every time they punt the ball, there is at least one guy waiting there for Sproles to catch it. And if I try to return those, half the time he fumbles. I am just using the base punt return defense, any input would be appreciated. BTW, just beat the Giants 34-6. Good omen!

yep it sucks. Sproles carry without the roster update is like... 2 LOL. Its a bug, if you get hit with a power stick right when you catch the ball you fumble. They've yet to fix it for like... since the game came out. I loved ESPN football but madden turned gay and wanted to make it so we could only buy their game. So ppl like me are now forced to buy Madden

Bolt4Life
04-02-2006, 09:29 PM
No the slim PS2 comes with online capability. I'm not sure why ur having issues with the DNAS server thing but you can get it fixed. I had problems the first few times as well but messed with the settings and used the instructions. At one point I called Sony as well as my online provider. If you give me more details as to what it says I can tell you what I think. You can definetly make it work though don't worry about that it may just take some time to get started

haha I did that and they just kept blaming it on eachother. Then I brought over a super nerd from my school and fiexed it. Thanks god I have friends who are good with electronics.

LT LT LT
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
glad you got it fixed. If you wanna play sometime my name is LT LT LT on the PS2