PDA

View Full Version : Survival Football Help

Havoc3_20
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I joined a survival league for those of you who don't know how it works I have to pick one Winner each week but I can't pick a team more than once during the season. I'm pretty good at picking winners but Im wondering is it better to pick the strong teams that are obvious winners in the first few weeks. Then I can see what other teams are doing well. Should I leave them for later in the season so I have some easier picks near the end.

I could also just pick whatever team is playing the bears LOL

chargerlew
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
I would suggest picking the most obvious picks from the start because the object is to just "survive" until the next week. That's usually how everyone plays it in my league anyways. Why go out on a limb because if you lose, you're out for the year. At least keep yourself in the game for a month or two and have fun, and then take the riskier picks at the end when everyone is in the same boat. Just my two cents...

Ps. I remember last year when our entire league lost the first week because their was a huge upset (can't remember exactly who), so we all decided to start another game and start from week two!! funny...

Dan40
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Here's how we did it in the forum last year (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=14421).

Havoc3_20
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
As of right now my pick is the Broncos to beat the dolphins I could change that later

boltheadmv
09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
if there is one on this board with money, lemme know.

please.

Jamico7
09-08-2005, 01:06 PM
In my survivor league i have two entries, so i picked the Broncos over the Dolphins and the Rams over the 49ers.

Havoc3_20
09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
In my survivor league i have two entries, so i picked the Broncos over the Dolphins and the Rams over the 49ers.

That's exactly what I picked in my 2 Leagues Broncos Over Dolphins and Rams over 49er's I noticed no one else in my league picked denver they all picked Vikings and Patriots and some idiot picked dallas to beat san diego.

LivingInAZSucks
09-09-2005, 11:41 PM
:Bolt: I suggest that you pick who ever plays the 49ers.:Bolt:

(Seriously!)

paul.almryde
09-10-2005, 04:46 AM
:Helmet: How can you thinkDolphins will beat Broncos. I got Broncos and Rams over 49ers.:Bolt: Go Chargers