PDA

View Full Version : My fantasy football team for this year

Boltneck
09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Every year I do a fantasy football league with a group of friends from work and around. This year was a little different as the cat is out of the bag on the Chargers. I have had the run of the mill including LT for 3 seasons now.

This year.. *sigh* I had the #2 pick in the first round and LT was already gone. Gates was the second player taken in the second round. Well thems are the breaks. Gates was taken by a diehard CHIEFS fan. At first i didnít even get it. I thought the guy said Gonzolaz because.. well.. obviously.. But no.... I almost had a cow. Same Guy takes Kaeding in the second to last round. *sigh*..

With LT gone I rapidly changed my whole draft strategy on the fly. It worked out to. We did it this year where each round we redraw out of a bucket a new draft order. That was cool. So i end up with #2 pick and #1 pick. hehe.. like i said with LT gone.... whatís the point? So i went freaking crazy and drafted..

Payton manning *and* Daunte Coulpepper back to back.

Heck its not my fault everyone else was going running back crazy in round one (and Mccnab was taken)

End of the day here is my fantasy team for this year.

QB Peyton Manning
QB Daunte Culpepper
RB Jamal Lewis
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Cedric Benson
WR Terrell Owens
WR Laveranues Coles
WR Keenan McCardell
TE Alge Crumpler
TE Todd Heap
OP Drew Brees
D/ST Chargers
K Matt Stover

Thats Right for my utility player i snagged Drew Brees.

My weak points are cedric benson (maybe) and well see about the rest. I think i am going to body slam everyone and win this going away by week 8

What do you think??

Boltneck
09-07-2005, 01:58 PM
BTW the winner of my league this year gets 100$

Jamico7
09-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Man alive, that is one stacked team! How many other players are you playing with?

FishinFool74
09-10-2005, 12:34 PM
This is the first time I have ever done a fantasy football draft. These are my starters:
Marc Bulger STL QB
Edgerrin James IND RB
Kevin Jones DET RB
Joe Horn NO WR
Michael Clayton TB WR
Randy McMichael MIA TE
Jeff Reed K PIT
Redskin Defense
My backups are:
Aaron Rodgers NO QB
Thomas Jones CHI RB
Paxico Burress NYG WR
Rod Smith Den WR
Daniel Graham NE TE
Titans Defense.
I am starting Michael Clayton against Minnesota over Rod Smith against Miami but it's been a hard choice.

paul.almryde
09-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey Fish I would start P. Burress.

#1 Queifs hater
09-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Hey Fish I would start P. Burress.
yep but 4 who? all of his wrs are great

Tomlinson21
09-11-2005, 10:12 AM
fish bench Mcmicahel and put in Graham...well I don't if you can now that NE just played this week - but McMichael has some off the field problems for assaulting his wife. Not good. I'd probably drop him.

#1 Queifs hater
09-11-2005, 10:53 AM
fish bench Mcmicahel and put in Graham...well I don't if you can now that NE just played this week - but McMichael has some off the field problems for assaulting his wife. Not good. I'd probably drop him.

drop mcmicahel? he is a huge part of miami. now that they got boston back he will be even better. he is one of the top Te in the league. he is just hidden behind that horrible season last year

FishinFool74
09-12-2005, 06:01 PM
I got 11 point out of McMichael yesterday and would have only got 1 from Graham. McMichaels has plead guilty to 1 misdemeanor count of criminal trespassing and they have dropped all other charges. I am actually thinking of dropping Graham because NE now says that he is there #2 tight end. I just need to figure out which TE to pick up in free agency. As far as he receivers go I'm just gonna have to pick who to play based on match ups. I wish i would have started Plaxico this week. I only got a combined 11 points out of my receivers and would have got 13 out of Plaxico alone. The good news is I am up 32 points on this weeks game. My apponent has PHI kicker and Defense so I have a good shot at winning this week. I can't believe I only scored 93 points this week. I was projected for 113.

FishinFool74
09-12-2005, 06:02 PM
If Clayton doesn't start to play better I'll rotate in Rod Smith or Plaxico Burress based on who they are playing against.

chrg fan
09-15-2005, 02:10 PM
winner in my league gets 400 plus bucks so I need to start getting some wins after a week 1 loss 91-72

SuperCharger_21
09-16-2005, 10:52 PM
QB Peyton Manning: The best #2 Pick possible. He went first in my draft, with LT going THIRD (*** lol) I had fourth pick
QB Daunte Culpepper: May not have the best year, but a good backup
RB Jamal Lewis
RB Brian Westbrook

Your RB's are amazing. Lewis was my first pick, and Westbrook is sickening as a receving RB, and has great speed.

RB Cedric Benson
WR Terrell Owens
WR Laveranues Coles
WR Keenan McCardell

Wow, how did you manage to get Lewis, TO and Manning? That's amazing. Laveranues Coles is good choice, and Keenan looks to be on track for a big year.

TE Alge Crumpler
TE Todd Heap

Todd Heap has good value as a fantasy player. May be useful in a trade if he performs. Crumpler is now ATL's biggest receiver, since Price is gone , in my opinion. I woulda gone for Shockey though.

OP Drew Brees
D/ST Chargers

DST Chargers, maybe not the best pick possible. Woulda tried for Eagles, even Indy. Indy went in the NINTH round in my draft, it was crazy.

K Matt Stover

Overall, as sick team. The future looks good for you

TD4LT
09-18-2005, 12:22 AM
he was in a 5 person league so thats why he got every good player available

undadawgzfinest
10-04-2005, 06:33 PM
my team sukz this year

starters:
qb aaron brooks
wr torry holt
wr plaxico burress
wr joey galloway/ anquan boldin ( start both depends on how their doin)
rb sorry to say priest holmes
rb clinton portis
te marcus pollard
k matt stover
defense baltimore and colts depends on whu wat teams playin

bench:

rb ricky williams
qb byron leftwich
te bubba franks

rddngjr27
10-04-2005, 07:13 PM
:Football: who's better stephen davis or marshall faulk:Helmet: