PDA

View Full Version : Any boyscouts

Boltman19
09-14-2005, 11:04 PM
now before you laugh that im in scouts, boyscouts pretty much changed my life, it gave me something to work towards.

anyways, i was just wondering if anyone was at the 2005 jamboree, i met a whole bunch of san diego folks who liked the chargers, and we went over to pretty much every city of a team were playing this season and wore our chargers gear, it was great meeting people from san diego, it made me wish i could live there again

sandyk
09-15-2005, 12:03 AM
My son reached Life Scout & I was a Committee member as well as a Cub/Webelos Leader. We had a lot of fun. He decided he wanted to play sports and the Scoutmaster was narrow minded. He'd belittle any boy that didn't give Scouts 100%. Also, he turned the meetings in to lecture time, he sucked the fun out of it.
Sad, my son was 13 & only 5 Eagle badges & the Project away. Well, he's only 15 now so he could decide to go back & finish up.
Keep with it, it well benefit you later in life.

Boltman19
09-15-2005, 07:52 AM
haahaha, maybe he's in my troop lol, sounds exactly like my scoutmaster. I missed a campout because i had a football game and i never heard the end of it

sandyk
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM
haahaha, maybe he's in my troop lol, sounds exactly like my scoutmaster. I missed a campout because i had a football game and i never heard the end of it
What Troop are you in?

El Relámpago
09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I was a Webelo, troop 516 (i think)...den 10, baby. Man, that was a loooooooong time ago!

Boltman19
09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
im in 611, its in norcal, it sucks

sandyk
09-15-2005, 04:10 PM
im in 611, its in norcal, it sucks
Nah, we're in Fontana. We've been gone awhile, things may have changed,

mattmc223
09-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm an Eagle Scout but I don't go to meetings anymore (too much schoolwork).

sandyk
09-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm an Eagle Scout but I don't go to meetings anymore (too much schoolwork).
Congratulations on all the hard work. It will pay off in the future; college, jobs... put it on your resume, often that can be the deciding factor.

WARHAWKS
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
now before you laugh that im in scouts, boyscouts pretty much changed my life, it gave me something to work towards.

anyways, i was just wondering if anyone was at the 2005 jamboree, i met a whole bunch of san diego folks who liked the chargers, and we went over to pretty much every city of a team were playing this season and wore our chargers gear, it was great meeting people from san diego, it made me wish i could live there again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA BOY SCOUTS!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!/1?!?!?!?!

just kidding.

boyscout, i wonder what they do? i am curious because i never was a boyscout.

Bolt4Life
09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I was in troop 301 for a while.

mattmc223
09-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Congratulations on all the hard work. It will pay off in the future; college, jobs... put it on your resume, often that can be the deciding factor.

Oh it definitely will be on there.

WARHAWKS
09-15-2005, 09:52 PM
ok. i have embrassing post on this thread...so i will do it for real.

why or how the boyscout helps you lot? what do the boyscout do? etc etc. plz tell me because i never experienced as boyscout

sandyk
09-15-2005, 10:41 PM
ok. i have embrassing post on this thread...so i will do it for real.

why or how the boyscout helps you lot? what do the boyscout do? etc etc. plz tell me because i never experienced as boyscout
To reach the rank of Eagle is a great accomplishment. YOu get there by earnibg merit badges, community service, and a big project that you come up with from start to finish that will benefit the community.
The badges are in two catagories:1. Eagle required badges, they include Life Saving, Camping, Communications, Swimming, just to name a few. Then there are numerous Elective badges, basketweaving, bird study, auto mechanics, sports, rifleshooting, shot gun shooting, fishing, and the list goes on.
You go on camp outs and learn a lot valuable things that will help you all through life.
Eagle Scout include many of our former presidents, most of the astronauts, successful businessmen, and so on.
With the right leadership it is a lot of fun.