PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here train combat sports?

REALBOLTFAN
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
MMA? Kickboxing? jiu jitsu? martial arts in general?

BCBoltFan
10-03-2005, 10:48 PM
MMA? Kickboxing? jiu jitsu? martial arts in general?
My 13 yr old son is a black belt in Taekwon do, daughter 7 is a green belt and wife's a blue belt. I got my own little army. :)

C}{ARG3R
10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm pretty skilled in the art of good ol' fashioned street ass whoopin.. Does that count?

Naw but seriously, I won lots of medals as a Greco-Roman and Free Style Wrestler when I was younger at the Boys & Girls Club and have been in way to many fights in my day. :rolleyes:

Nutz-N-Boltz
10-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I train in brazilian ju-jitsu and aikido...

I had 4 years of wrestling in high school...

what about you brother?

Peace Out

SDRaiderH8er
10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Does going to and survivng 27 Raider games count?

chargertom
10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Long range rifle shooting ... is that a combat sport?

Go Chargers! :Bolt:

geekster
10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
MMA? Kickboxing? jiu jitsu? martial arts in general?Back in the day (mid to late 60's) I was into Judo, and later on so was my son.. Too old to practice now but could probably still take out a knee with a high foot-sweep/knee wheel (modified "Hiza Guruma") - - by accident of course. ;) My son has mentioned introducing my grandson to the same discipline but wants to wait another year or two then see if he also is interested.

Boxed in quite a few Navy Smokers until I made 1st Class and the MCPOC asked me to quit. I didn't understand it at the time, but in those days such "requests" were not to be ignored. ;) Later on when I was serving as a MCPOC I understood his reason/logic and made a couple such "requests" of my own.:Beer:

punkitty
10-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Only when Ive been drinking whiskey... :D

REALBOLTFAN
10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
"My 13 yr old son is a black belt in Taekwon do, daughter 7 is a green belt and wife's a blue belt. I got my own little army."

That is cool BC.. I started off in TKD as well...

"Naw but seriously, I won lots of medals as a Greco-Roman and Free Style Wrestler when I was younger at the Boys & Girls Club and have been in way to many fights in my day."

Awesome Charger,..Greco is by far the hardest wrestling sport there is.. I have dabbled in Greco and freestyle.. I suck at pure wrestling though although grappling in general in my forte.

"I train in brazilian ju-jitsu and aikido...

I had 4 years of wrestling in high school...

what about you brother?

Peace Out"

Nutz.. who do you train BJJ with? I have trained 3 years of TKD.. Kickboxing, jiu jitsu with Dean Lister off and on since around '98.. trained not fought mixed martial arts rules but have competed in submission grappling tournaments (no gi) and have little boxing experience as well

"Long range rifle shooting ... is that a combat sport? "

Yes.. I think so. BTW chargertom..I love the site.. been visiting for years.

Geekster.. Judo is a great art.. I love pulling off my hip tosses every once in a while.. Judo is kind of the rival of what I do but I don't get into the style huff and puff stuff.. I respect every art and know that there is something every art offers.. whether it's self defense, discipline, physical fitness or just fun.. it's what matters most to the individual.

"Does going to and survivng 27 Raider games count?"

heh..that is more of a gang war like setting

good stuff guys

REALBOLTFAN
10-04-2005, 07:46 PM
lol @ kitty and her drunken attacks... Iv'e had a few lol... not anymore though