PDA

View Full Version : huge mlb messup?

hambone
10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
i personally didnt see the game but from what i was told in the one game the ump called the guy out, then when the person with the ball is throwing it away he desides he's safe and lets the guy run, i could expalin better but i only heard what happened didnt see it but from the sounds of it, its the umps messing up yet again

The-Beast
10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
the ump made his strike three swinging call, then the batter was heading towards the dugout then ran down the first baseline the catcher rolled the ball back to the mound because he thought the inning was over due to the ump making a hand gesture which is known by 5 year olds as an out call. the home ump didnt stick with the call and allowed the runner to cause doubt in his mind and when the home ump came to the mound signalled that the runner was safe. where are you instant replay for baseball???

hambone
10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
haha thanks for clearing taht up , yea that is ridiculous, all it did was make him look like a tool should have stuck with the out lol

LordBling
10-14-2005, 04:34 PM
that call was insane. flat out insane. baseball needs some type of review structure to be implemented. some way for a second or third look to be able to overturn certain situations on the field.