PDA

View Full Version : OT: Laker Luke Walton Loves Playing in San Diego

joelbolt
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Off topic, kind of... Tom Shanahan writes a nice peice on Luke Walton.

Laker Luke Walton Loves Playing in San Diego
http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=euLTJbMUKvH&b=312468&ct=1508421

"Being a San Diego kid, it's a dream come true to play in Southern California and be able to come down here and be a part of San Diego sports," Luke said. "I'm a diehard Padres and Chargers fan, and I have bets with all my teammates on Chargers games."

LV_BOLT
10-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Off topic, kind off... Tom Shanahan writes a nice peice on Luke Walton.

Laker Luke Walton Loves Playing in San Diego
http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=euLTJbMUKvH&b=312468&ct=1508421

"Being a San Diego kid, it's a dream come true to play in Southern California and be able to come down here and be a part of San Diego sports," Luke said. "I'm a diehard Padres and Chargers fan, and I have bets with all my teammates on Chargers games."

Cool, I remember a piece that was done on him by KCAL 9 (LA). He said then, he is a big Chargers fan.

MMJ4mil
10-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I went to University of San Diego High School the year we won the State championship that was led by Luke Walton and co.

Chargeroo
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I remember following Lukes Dad when he was a High School phenom! :rolleyes:

J.S. Park
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I hope the clippers come back to San Diego!

punkitty
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I KNEW there was something I liked about that guy, besides the obvious!!!:D (he's hot!)

Podium
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I'll pass on that

MoreMyk
10-18-2005, 08:49 PM
I KNEW there was something I liked about that guy, besides the obvious!!!:D (he's hot!)

Yeah but look at his dad. I think that the girl's mom law also applies to guys. Take a look at his dad to see where that is going.

Luke is a great ball player, I hope he finds a spot on this team and gets some serious minutes.

kwirk79
10-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I live in Tucson, home of the UofA Wildcats, so I'm a big fan of his. 3 years ago I was working as a delivery pizza dude, and I delivered a pizza to him...on the ticket it has the name of who ordered the pizza, and when I saw "Luke Walton" on there I thought "no way, it can't be him." I get there and some dude opened the door who looked just like him (must've been one of his brothers). I said "Heh, I thought I might be delivering to Luke Walton..." he goes "He's right over there..." I look in and Luke is sittin there chillin, watching the big screen. I said what's up but couldn't really think of anything else to say...

My dad is a HUUUUGE Wildcats fan so I told him the story and gave him the delivery ticket as a souvenir. He then mailed it to Luke and told him what happened, and asked if he could sign it and mail it back, LOL...about a month later he got it back signed and everything, which was pretty cool of Luke...

Nice to hear he likes the Chargers and Pads, now I like him even more...

SDFaiderHater
10-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I hope the clippers come back to San Diego!

id rather the rockets come back, they are a decent team.

But yea, today i saw Brian Giles at Costco here in Carmel Mtn, it was a kick, hes shorter then me, but the guy is cut. nice guy too, said hi and thanks for playing so well this year.

HBBoltGirl
10-18-2005, 11:16 PM

HOT..... Agreed!!

bayarealightnin
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
I remember when the Clippers traded Swen Nater and others for Bill Walton and the organization has not been the same since. Bill was still injured and there was no real free agency back then (thus, the Clippers gave up a lot to get him -- can anyone say Bobby Bethard?). The Clippers just missed the playoffs and after the trade, they have stunk ever since. This has nothing to do with Luke, and I wish him the best (outside of playing the Warriors). However, trading for his dad at that time ruined the franchise.

Tycebrew
10-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Does this mean I have to start liking his dad now? I can't stand Bill Walton and his voice as a play by play announcer. I think he's awful.

But good to hear Luke is diehard Chargers fan. I need to hear him say.... RAIDERS SUCK!