PDA

View Full Version : Poll: was the Lemon trade for Feeley a good move?

OldManCharger
10-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Was the Lemon Trade for Feeley a Good Move?

A. Moderately Stupid

B. Just Plain Stupid

C. Really Stupid

D. Extremely Stupid

E. Beyond Explanation

OMC

SDRANGER619
10-18-2005, 09:36 PM
soooo basically you want to know how many think it's stupid...

SuperBowlBolts
10-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok nice to see that we can only chose stupid or beyond explanation. I for one am happy with it, we have a vet for a back-up now. Lemon was great but he lacked experience if anything were to happen just as River lacks experience. Im happy we got a draft pick to (any one know what draft pick? 6th or 7th or 5th?) Anyway im happy Lemon has a chance to start now.

Podium
10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
6th rounder

StevenSD
10-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Lol, omg just let the front office do their thing, they are obviously doing something right and obviously know more than us fans.

Operation619
10-18-2005, 09:44 PM
How many TD's has Lemon thrown in the regular season?

Lemon has taken ZERO starts as an NFL QB. Specifically, he's never even seen live, full-speed first-team NFL defenses when it's on the line.

Feely played behind the worst line in football and still managed to put up decent numbers. 2004 stats: 8 games played, 191 of 356 for 1,893yds, 11 TD's 5 picks.

While I liked Lemon, if Brees goes down, we're giving the ball to backups who have never taken a snap in live ball. I'll go with someone tested anyday.

Call it Insurance.

I'll take choice F.

JoeMcRugby
10-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm quite pleased with the trade. :Beer:

MSSDC55
10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok nice to see that we can only chose stupid or beyond explanation. I for one am happy with it, we have a vet for a back-up now. Lemon was great but he lacked experience if anything were to happen just as River lacks experience. Im happy we got a draft pick to (any one know what draft pick? 6th or 7th or 5th?) Anyway im happy Lemon has a chance to start now.

NFL.Com says it was Miami's 6th round pick and Feely for undrafted free agent, Cleo Lemon. AJ did well again for the Bolts IMO. No disrespect to Lemon who I think has some talent and may develop into a good QB someday, but one good preseason against other teams third string defenses does not necessarily mean he's going to be an NFL starter!

LAbolt
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
glad 2 see that alot of u think the same as i do about the trade. i think its really stupid casue feeley sucks..

OldManCharger
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Lol, omg just let the front office do their thing, they are obviously doing something right and obviously know more than us fans.

The poll is just a little fun, manipulative yes....but just in fun.

OMC

guimcharger
10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
How many TD's has Lemon thrown in the regular season?

Lemon has taken ZERO starts as an NFL QB. Specifically, he's never even seen live, full-speed first-team NFL defenses when it's on the line.

Feely played behind the worst line in football and still managed to put up decent numbers. 2004 stats: 8 games played, 191 of 356 for 1,893yds, 11 TD's 5 picks.

While I liked Lemon, if Brees goes down, we're giving the ball to backups who have never taken a snap in live ball. I'll go with someone tested anyday.

Call it Insurance.

I'll take choice F.

I agree with you. I was a big fan of Cleo for the last three years but looking at it Feely did not do that bad for having a terrible O-line in front of him.

LVchargerFan
10-18-2005, 10:01 PM
I am a Cleo Lemon fan but i think this was good for the Chargers. Before the trade we had a great Starter.. a top draft pick with obvious skills as the backup....and an exciting 3rd stringer that holds the clipboard on the sideline.

Presuming a trade involving Phillip Rivers we will still have a great starter, a capable backup, and possibly a premiere DB or hard hitting safety!!!

good move.

ChargerDawg
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Well when Brees or Rivers goes, they want an insurance policy.

simple as that.

Blame be for a clevland bias, but I would have looked at Couch personally, I think that he could play with a decent team.

PhinsFan
10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
As a Phins fan, I would say it was a horrible trade by you guys. I don't know what your front office sees in Feeley. He is the worst QB I've ever seen, notorious for his pick 6's. I wish we hadn't given up a draft pick for Lemon, but it got rid of Feeley so I'll take it. We were willing to trade Feeley for a bag of oreos. :p

It didn't have anything to do with our poor o-line. In fact, Feeley threw more INT's when he wasn't pressured then when he was. He threw the game winning TD against NE last year off his back foot because of the pressure. He has a great arm but that's about it when it comes to him being a QB.

JoeMcRugby
10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
As a Phins fan, I would say it was a horrible trade by you guys. I don't know what your front office sees in Feeley. He is the worst QB I've ever seen, notorious for his pick 6's. I wish we hadn't given up a draft pick for Lemon, but it got rid of Feeley so I'll take it. We were willing to trade Feeley for a bag of oreos. :p
No, you traded Feeley AND a 6th round pick for a bag of oreos.

[Edit - I want to make it very clear that this was a little dig and in no way implies that I equate Cleo to be a "bag of oreos"]

BTW Fins fan: There was a lot of criticism laid on the shoulders of a SD QB back in 2003 when he lacked an offensive line and WRs but had the best RB in the game to hand the ball off to.

If I remember correctly, the Fins o-line and WRs sucked badly in 2004 AND they didn't have a running game either. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Fins QB's struggled in 2004.

BTW Hope you enjoy watching the careers of WR Reggie Brown on the Eagles and whoever the Chargers pick in the 2006 draft! ;)

DefenseWins
10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I wish we hadn't given up a draft pick for Lemon, but it got rid of Feeley so I'll take it. We were willing to trade Feeley for a bag of oreos. :p

*hands over a bag of oreos*

Ok, now give us our Lemon back :p

BigChargerFan
10-18-2005, 10:26 PM
I think this trade means one thing... That is, either Brees or Rivers will be gone next year despite what AJ was saying about possibly keeping both again.

I won't speculate which QB will be gone, though. But, it does strike me that we went with more of a Vet QB back up... anyone else?

mtxsound
10-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Lets trade for a somewhat proven QB for an unknown QB, and get a picK? I can't complain.

Chargers
10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm quite pleased with the trade. :Beer:

Same here :Beer:

joelbolt
10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
What do you think of this poll?

Moderately Stupid
Just Plain Stupid
Really Stupid
Extremely Stupid
Beyond Explanation

ChargerChris
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I think it was a good move, so I did not reply to the poll ;)

It is clear that a move will be made after the season with Rivers or Brees. If you are going to make that move, you have to have a backup in place that has experience, otherwise it's like 1997 with Craig Whelihan after Stan Humphries' career ended. Better to get a backup in now, than later.

DefenseWins
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM

Moderately Stupid
Just Plain Stupid
Really Stupid
Extremely Stupid
Beyond Explanation

I think OldMan works as a political polster ;) That makes it Extremely :Beer:

SDFaiderHater
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I think this trade means one thing... That is, either Brees or Rivers will be gone next year despite what AJ was saying about possibly keeping both again.

I won't speculate which QB will be gone, though. But, it does strike me that we went with more of a Vet QB back up... anyone else?

only thing is, after this year, feeleys contract gets bigger each year, so hopefully they can restructure it, or someone is gone next year. and im not liking brees' chances despite the brain-trust of ESPN saying Brees is our QB.

spysnipedis
10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
*hands over a bag of oreos*

Ok, now give us our Lemon back :p

QFT

Onion Knight
10-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Was the Lemon Trade for Feeley a Good Move?

A. Moderately Stupid

B. Just Plain Stupid

C. Really Stupid

D. Extremely Stupid

E. Beyond Explanation

OMC

How does one post/create a poll?

BCBoltFan
10-19-2005, 12:01 AM
How does one post/create a poll?
Read this (http://forums.chargers.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_poll_explain) Onion

Moderately Stupid
Just Plain Stupid
Really Stupid
Extremely Stupid
Beyond Explanation
I'll go with Moderately Stupid

makav3li
10-19-2005, 12:08 AM
i guess he'll get more playing time this way

drangus
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM

Moderately Stupid
Just Plain Stupid
Really Stupid
Extremely Stupid
Beyond Explanation

For once I have to disagree with you--I think this poll is extremely stupid

vendetta07
10-19-2005, 12:32 AM
not a bad trade imo.

LordBling
10-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I think it was a good trade, for all the reasons already mentioned.

lchingon
10-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Cleo was a spark plug. It would have been nice to see him play but that would have meant injuries to both Brees and Rivers.

I hate to see him go but, it was a great trade for him. I hope to see him play soon.

Who cares about Feely. He's sitting the bench and should be on the practice squad.:Beer:

SDWILLDOMINATE
10-19-2005, 12:48 AM

Nice point StevenSD, AJ has been doing a great job im sure he has some sort of plan in mind.

paul.almryde
10-19-2005, 12:51 AM
:Helmet: I thought it was good trade for all parties. It lets Lemon have a chance to start. It gives the Chargers a veteren quarterback. Now you know AJ going to get rid of one of the quartebacks, which I believe will be Rivers. Now AJ go get us some help for the secondary.:Bolt: Go Chargers

BreesLightning
10-19-2005, 12:56 AM

I thought we would keep both PR and drew next year, but after this trade i agree with you Big charger fan. This trade gives Feeley a year to learn our system and will be able to back up our #1 QB.

Now the question is, if Feeley will be #2 who will be #1? I have no idea who will stay and who will go... we either eat up a ton of cap space for 2006 or we trade our starting QB for unproven potential. Personaly i want Drew running our offense for the next 5 years but this trade makes me think that PR might be the one who stays.

RBI90
10-19-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't see how anyone sees this as a bad trade for us? We traded a 3rd string QB for a 3rd string QB with starting experience AND a 6th round draft pick???

I think this opens the door for either Brees or Rivers, then we'll have an experienced QB as a backup in case the starter went down.

Oh, AND we have the 6th round draft pick as well...

DA BOLT FAN
10-19-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't see how anyone sees this as a bad trade for us? We traded a 3rd string QB for a 3rd string QB with starting experience AND a 6th round draft pick???

I think this opens the door for either Brees or Rivers, then we'll have an experienced QB as a backup in case the starter went down.

Oh, AND we have the 6th round draft pick as well...

yea, this is a very good trade for both DA BOLTS and lemon. we need a backup with experience and lemon might finally get his chance. lemon would never have played a game here. go cleo!!!

Gadzooks
10-19-2005, 07:23 AM
I'd rather have Cleo w/ no exp. than Feely w/ lots of bad exp.

NYfromSoCal
10-19-2005, 07:34 AM
What kind of a poll is it when all the answers are on the same side of the fence?

RBI90
10-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I'd rather have Cleo w/ no exp. than Feely w/ lots of bad exp.

Wow! I just don't get this. Regardless of if it's Lemon or Feely, they were our 3rd strong back! Hopefully Feely never sets foot on the field.

Does Feely really have "lots" of bad experience? In 2002 he played in 6 games, started 5 of them and had a 75.4 rating. Didn't play at all in 2003. In 2004 he played in 11 games, started 8 of them and had a 61.7 rating. It's not that bad compared to other "starting" QB's in the league.

So we traded our 3rd string for another 3rd stringer who hopefully will not play AND a 6th round draft choice!!!

hambone
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
What kind of a poll is it when all the answers are on the same side of the fence?

agreed but thats a biased poll lol, and we dotn even no if cleo is good??? he played good in preseason ok...so did rattay

SuperCharger_21
10-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Someone's got something stuck up their rear end. Cleo Lemon played good in the PRESEASON. You can't judge a guy by that. AJ Feeley played a full year with a really really bad team, so he knows how to play. And in a system with a strong line and better receivers, he won't need to scramble so much.

OldManCharger, I don't want to flame you, but you're not thinking this through :(

OldManCharger
10-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Someone's got something stuck up their rear end. Cleo Lemon played good in the PRESEASON. You can't judge a guy by that. AJ Feeley played a full year with a really really bad team, so he knows how to play. And in a system with a strong line and better receivers, he won't need to scramble so much.

OldManCharger, I don't want to flame you, but you're not thinking this through :(

The poll was more of a joke than serious, so I do not feel flamed.....its funny though, how some people cannot see that the Poll was being OBVIOUSLY sarcastic.

But I do confess that the trade was not a good one, I would rather have Lemon than a Cancerous Feeley.

OMC

Totally Bolted
11-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Moderately Stupid
Just Plain Stupid
Really Stupid
Extremely Stupid
Beyond Explanation

LOL - But I think that's the point!

El Relámpago
11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Feely ins't too bad. I'd like to have a proven QB than a "what if" QB.