PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Game: NFL Head Coach

joelbolt
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
just heard about this...

EA SPORTS Announces First 3D Sports Strategy Game: NFL Head Coach (http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?sssdmh=dm24.76853&dcr=sports&id=aflhttp://anon.doubleclick.speedera.net/anon.doubleclick/cms/ElectronicArts/EASports/2005/253277/afl.html)
Become a Coaching Legend in a New Strategy-Based Football Franchise from the Makers of Madden NFL Football

Podium
10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
WOW, that's gonna be an awesome game!!! It'll be like franchise mode to the extreme I assume.

The-Beast
10-21-2005, 04:09 AM
WOW, that's gonna be an awesome game!!! It'll be like franchise mode to the extreme I assume.i would hope so. the madden gameplay is only good when your playing in the same room as other people so you can mock them.

vendetta07
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
just heard about this...

EA SPORTS Announces First 3D Sports Strategy Game: NFL Head Coach (http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?sssdmh=dm24.76853&dcr=sports&id=aflhttp://anon.doubleclick.speedera.net/anon.doubleclick/cms/ElectronicArts/EASports/2005/253277/afl.html)
Become a Coaching Legend in a New Strategy-Based Football Franchise from the Makers of Madden NFL Football

But can you convey motivation and emotion through canned speeches?

L.A. Playa
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
here is something similar for anyone interested
am currently recruiting owners for a simulation football league. We are hoping to get different fans of NFL teams involved.

Owners draft an entire 53 man roster, manage a salary cap, choose their team name/stadium.....you can even choose your coaching staff. Its very intense.

Games are simulated using specific software (Action PC Football software).

The league is a TON of fun. It requires a few hours a week to start. After the initial fantasy draft things slow down a little and don’t require as much time.

The league does require dedication. Nothing worse then an owner who picks his team then disappears for 3 months.

The league costs $5 to cover hosting/software costs.

There are 24 spots available. We have a few owners already.

Again this is an intense league so if your unable to devote 1-3 hours a week at it you probably shouldn’t bother.

If you'd like to join, just message me for details.

devinmichaud@bellsouth.net

SDRANGER619
02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
here is something similar for anyone interested
am currently recruiting owners for a simulation football league. We are hoping to get different fans of NFL teams involved.

Owners draft an entire 53 man roster, manage a salary cap, choose their team name/stadium.....you can even choose your coaching staff. Its very intense.

Games are simulated using specific software (Action PC Football software).

The league is a TON of fun. It requires a few hours a week to start. After the initial fantasy draft things slow down a little and don’t require as much time.

The league does require dedication. Nothing worse then an owner who picks his team then disappears for 3 months.

The league costs $5 to cover hosting/software costs.

There are 24 spots available. We have a few owners already.

Again this is an intense league so if your unable to devote 1-3 hours a week at it you probably shouldn’t bother.

If you'd like to join, just message me for details.

devinmichaud@bellsouth.netBeware, advertising is not allowed on here...

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15293

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.

edit: dang I feel like a tattletale, lol

FanSince1979
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Beware, advertising is not allowed on here...

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=15293

edit: dang I feel like a tattletale, lol
It doesn't appear to me that he is attempting to make a profit.

SDRANGER619
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
If the mods think I'm wrong then delete the post. I went off of this:
Advertising or Spamming

We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising in Signatures is also prohibited.

and maybe a profit wasn't intended here, but I can see the advertising.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Mr. Heisman
02-05-2006, 02:20 AM
WORST idea EA has ever made! they should have just sold this game with the next madden as a double disc or a special edition! This won't sell! I wouldn't even rent it! It's just like playing the dynasty mode! without playing the game! with you having a little more to do! come on madden, just come out with a CHEERLEADER game next year and then you own the world on games! psshh!

TJ21
02-05-2006, 11:03 AM
WORST idea EA has ever made! they should have just sold this game with the next madden as a double disc or a special edition! This won't sell! I wouldn't even rent it! It's just like playing the dynasty mode! without playing the game! with you having a little more to do! come on madden, just come out with a CHEERLEADER game next year and then you own the world on games! psshh!
Yeah but It's going to be sweet to play a whole game from the sidelines with a headset on. I guess I'm just geeky like that. idk.

LT LT LT
02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't get exactly what it is?

Infernus
02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah but It's going to be sweet to play a whole game from the sidelines with a headset on. I guess I'm just geeky like that. idk.
Me too I guess. game looks cool to me.

Spank
02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
I used to be in a worldwide league for a game called FrontPage Sports Pro Football '98. The guy who was commish lived in Japan. It was a PC game that was pretty popular at the time.

There were utilties out for a sal cap, proper IR and roster management, age enhancment for declining skills, trades,... ect.

You could pick from the PC plays or make your own (very detailed)... The whole works. You sent a profile for your team and the commish's PC played the game out head to head on a weekly basis and then the info (scores, injuries, stats) were placed on the website for the whole league to use.

It wa really cool. Alot of the leagues are still going on to this day.

This seems along those lines, minus maybe making plays, but it can be very tedious and time consuming.

I like it better this way. I dont care much for controlling the ball carrier, just calling the play and letting the AI take over.

Hope it turns out to be as cool as it seems.