PDA

View Full Version : Chester Taylor or Cedric Benson?

jtzsd43
11-05-2005, 03:21 PM
My other starting RB is on bye leaving me with these two players to choose from. Taylor looks more and more like a real player when subbing in for the impotent Jamal Lewis but "Experts" predict Lewis will have a breakout game against the Bengals as he usually does. Benson has been the Phillip Rivers of RBs because he held out in the off-season and now Thomas Jones is having a pro bowl season, keeping the first rounder on the bench. Jones, However, has been limited in practice due to a rib injury which means Benson could get more carries against a New Orleans run defense that ranks 26th in the league. So that being said, whom should I start?

FanSince1979
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I just dropped Antowain Smith and picked up Chester Taylor. I had Cedric Benson for a while, but dropped him, because I kept on getting burnt by the so-called "Thomas Jones" is injured reports. It seems, no matter what the injury reports say, Thomas Jones starts and plays as if he is 100%. I think Baltimore is losing their patience with Jamal Lewis, and Chester Taylor is playing well. So, I foresee Chester Taylor taking the starting role until or if Jamal Lewis gets his act together.

Short answer, Chester Taylor, although it is an attractive match up for Cedric Benson, even at second string, against NO.

jtzsd43
11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah the match-up is very attractive. Even if jones does do well against the saints and racks up another 100+ yrd game, I would think they would split time between him and benson so as not to further injure their newfound star RB. But I think I'll take your advice and go with Taylor. Last thing I need is to get burned by the injury reports. Thanks!

FanSince1979
11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, it turned out that Benson (14 carries, 79 yards) did better than Taylor (3 carries, 9 yards; 4 catches, 26 yards), and that Benson might get the starting job next week with T. Jones once again questionable.

I would definitely start Benson this Sunday vs. the 49ers over Taylor who is going against the Jaguars.

jtzsd43
11-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh absolutely. My other starting RB got hurt last week so I'll have to start one of my backups again. Benson looks like a good start seeing who he's playing and Jones' injury.

FanSince1979
11-13-2005, 05:19 PM
That tackle looks sickening. Benson's knee buckled under. I think it is safe to say Chester Taylor is the better option now ;)

jtzsd43
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
What really sucks is that my starting RB's are Denver's Mike Anderson and Detroit's Kevin Jones. I decided to bench Jones in favor of Benson's favorable matchup and ellevated carry load. Turns out Benson got hurt after only getting 50 yards rushing while Jones had 81 yards on the ground and 12 through the air. Dang, I guess that why they have the cliche, "Any given sunday."

FanSince1979
11-13-2005, 07:48 PM
What sucks for me is that I picked up both Gado (GB) and Bennett (Min). I went back and forth on who to start in place of LT this week. I chose Bennett, oops!

Gado got 3 TD's and a 105 rushing yards, while Bennett got 16 rushing yards.

boltheadmv
11-13-2005, 08:50 PM
i had benson stashed on my roster for awhile.
i also started him today, at the expense of portis.

ouch, but who could have known?

StevenSD
11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
If you have Portis on your team, it's a must to keep in the starting line up, simply because you'll never know when he'll have a big game

boltskickass21
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
That tackle looks sickening. Benson's knee buckled under. I think it is safe to say Chester Taylor is the better option now ;)
Benson is now out several weeks

jtzsd43
11-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Well the question now is with both Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson sporting injuries, do you go with Adrian Peterson (who had an amazing day in Jones and Benson's absence) and replace him as a starting RB? I bet he'll be a player picked up on everyone's waver wire.

binx
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Along the lines of Chester Taylor, I belong in a Fantasy Dynasty league which means we keep players indefinately. Where do you guys think Chester will end up next year? He will be one of the more glamorous FAs on the market.

Also, last week I picked up Vincent Jackson. Obviously I'm not banking on him doing anything this year but what are you thoughts on his role for next year. Can any of you see him fill the #2 receiver next year? The guy is a freak at 6-5, 240+ pounds running a 4.46. I believe Caldwell and Osgood are FAs as well.

I would've started a new thread but as you can see I'm a newbie!