PDA

View Full Version : Padres to consider bringing in the fences

LordBling
11-11-2005, 06:59 PM
According to a news report on KFMB Channel 8, The Padres are considering some revisions to the dimensions of spacious Petco Park. The proposal is to contract right field AKA "death valley" by as much as sixteen feet. The only obstacle so far is an early March exposition game, shortening the time for such a project to be completed.

Fans and players alike should welcome the change as most have grown weary of watching hard hit balls die slow painful deaths at the warning track and wall.

Your thoughts?

Podium
11-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I had heard this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a good idea. By bringing in the right field wall, it makes it easier for left handed power hitters.

LordBling
11-11-2005, 07:13 PM
ah crap. there goes our newfound dominance of Barry Bonds. of course he might retire eh?

SDRaiderH8er
11-12-2005, 09:57 AM
ah crap. there goes our newfound dominance of Barry Bonds. of course he might retire eh?

Now Phil Nevin is really going to be mad

BoltzFanInIraq
12-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I say keep it the way it is, IMO. That is why it is named Death Valley.

socal18_2_88fan
12-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Now Phil Nevin is really going to be mad

He would have to make contact with the ball first. I guess the Chan Ho Park trade wasn't so bad after all. I will give my props to Phil. He played many years on bad teams and represented this city well. It is ashame for him to go out like this.