PDA

View Full Version : Sports cards

vendetta07
11-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm starting to get into football cards and I was wondering what brand of football cards (fleer, topps, etc.) do you recommend in terms of quality, variety, and value?

What is a reasonable price to pay for a standard pack?

Bobo
11-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Topps. I rarely buy cards anymore & it's because there's fewer cards in the pack & they're way overpriced. However, Topps are still the best IMO. Upper Deck's also pretty good. :Helmet:

AFLChargers
11-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Depends on what you want. I collect Topps Charges team sets, and the Fleer sets from 1960-1963. There is a ton of variety out there, and it just depends on what you want. The basics begin at $0.99 per pack, and can get up to $25.00 per pack or more. If you want to get some of the older Chargers cards, they can be had reasonably on ebay.

thesith2001
11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm starting to get into football cards and I was wondering what brand of football cards (fleer, topps, etc.) do you recommend in terms of quality, variety, and value?

What is a reasonable price to pay for a standard pack?
You know, this is funny, because for several years I have been collect the Topp's NFL series of the current year.
I have from 1999 to current year. The entire box series is about $49,and it can be baught from a JC Penney Xmas Catalog!
I don't really care about the brand because, please do not laugh and call me a idiot, but I look thru them and decide if I want to send them to players.
I have a collection from '99 to last season of players!
I really enjoy that, but I'm not in this for selling in 40 years, but just to have the sets and autographs, if I can get them.

thesith2001
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Depends on what you want. I collect Topps Charges team sets, and the Fleer sets from 1960-1963. There is a ton of variety out there, and it just depends on what you want. The basics begin at $0.99 per pack, and can get up to $25.00 per pack or more. If you want to get some of the older Chargers cards, they can be had reasonably on ebay.

Yes, very true. I also have some "rokkie" cards I bought from various NFL team sites. Football cards are cheaper then baseball cards, I have found.
A complete set of "Upper Deck" or Topp"s" baseball cards can be more expensive then an autograph baseball!!!!