PDA

View Full Version : westbrook, smith, galloway and jackson

boltheadmv
11-29-2005, 08:45 PM
those are my choices for this week.
i can start a total of 4 players rb/wr.
shaun alexander is in.
i've gone with galloway, smith and steven jackson for most of the year, with westbrook on the bench.
seattle defense isn't great, and it is mnf, where players usually shine.
steve smith has a tough matchup with deangelo hall, galloway, like smith, has been money all year, and has a good matchup.
i've started jackson all year, but the rams are such an enigma.

if i win, i pretty much nail a playoff spot. its tight, so i can't afford a slip up.

SeverinSlade
11-30-2005, 06:09 PM
those are my choices for this week.
i can start a total of 4 players rb/wr.
shaun alexander is in.
i've gone with galloway, smith and steven jackson for most of the year, with westbrook on the bench.
seattle defense isn't great, and it is mnf, where players usually shine.
steve smith has a tough matchup with deangelo hall, galloway, like smith, has been money all year, and has a good matchup.
i've started jackson all year, but the rams are such an enigma.

if i win, i pretty much nail a playoff spot. its tight, so i can't afford a slip up.

Steve Smith is the top WR in almost all leagues and formats. He's absolutely a must-start.

Definitely have to roll with Galloway too. He's getting it done every week.

Now, Jackson faces a tough Washington defense with a 3rd string QB starting...The Rams might pound away early and often. I'd probably go with him because he's money in the redzone and in goal-line situations. Westbrook isn't an every down type of back. With McMahon under center, the Eagles offense can be unpredictable. The Seahawks also have a pretty solid D...It's not weak by any means.

So I say go with Galloway, Smith, and Jackson.

boltheadmv
11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Steve Smith is the top WR in almost all leagues and formats. He's absolutely a must-start.

Definitely have to roll with Galloway too. He's getting it done every week.

Now, Jackson faces a tough Washington defense with a 3rd string QB starting...The Rams might pound away early and often. I'd probably go with him because he's money in the redzone and in goal-line situations. Westbrook isn't an every down type of back. With McMahon under center, the Eagles offense can be unpredictable. The Seahawks also have a pretty solid D...It's not weak by any means.

So I say go with Galloway, Smith, and Jackson.

thats the way i've gone all year, and i'm 8-4, although i've lost 2 in a row, putting me in the predicament i'm in now.
my argument with westbrook, is, who the hell else is going to do anything on that team, besides him?
plus i always feel players get extra amped for mnf.
i like your angle on the rams starting a rookie qb. however, if (s)martz finds his way down the sideline, i may have to cut jackson altogether.

SeverinSlade
12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
thats the way i've gone all year, and i'm 8-4, although i've lost 2 in a row, putting me in the predicament i'm in now.
my argument with westbrook, is, who the hell else is going to do anything on that team, besides him?
plus i always feel players get extra amped for mnf.
i like your angle on the rams starting a rookie qb. however, if (s)martz finds his way down the sideline, i may have to cut jackson altogether.

You forget, Jackson is also very active in the passing game. He's also such a powerful runner that he's a threat to break an open field tackle and turn it into a big gain at any time.

I'm 11-1 in my league and am absolutely dominating the opposition.

Westbrook simply isn't a scoring threat either. How many TD does he have on the year? 7? Jackson has 9.

But it really depends on your point system. In my league, everything counts. Players get points for passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, receptions, TD, etc. If you're playing an ESPN league where TD's are worth a ton (and are overrated if you ask me), then Jackson would definitely be the better start. If you're playing in a league similar to mine, then it's basically a coin flip.

One thing to note though is that Westbrook IS the biggest playmaker on the team right now. Considering that, opposing defenses will often stack the box against him and will probably put a linebacker/safety on him in coverage. Also, remember that Lamar Gordon is taking away a lot of Westbrook's carries. If Westbrook doesn't establish himself early in the running game, look for Gordon to be used more and Westbrook to come out of the backfield as a receiver.

boltheadmv
12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
now with rackers out, i gotta get a kicker. i'm hoping to get bironas from tennessee off waivers.

in my league, you get 6 points for td's, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and receiving, and one for every 25 for passing.

imo, jackson and westbrook are pretty even.
but like i said before, i've had jackson in my lineup all year, so i'll probably keep it that way.
i'd hate to mess with success and screw myself outta cash.

boltheadmv
12-01-2005, 08:05 PM
damn.
jackson has 151 points, and westbrook has 152 in my league.

so much for them being even imo. it's a FACT!

i got bironas.