PDA

View Full Version : Padres re-sign Giles

joseph04
11-30-2005, 10:34 PM
SAN DIEGO -- Right fielder Brian Giles reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday night to re-sign with his hometown San Diego Padres for $30 million over three years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2242891

great to here giles is comming back, i also read on espn.com that the Blue Jays offered Giles 55 million but he declined because he wanted to come back to san diego, thats loyalty.

mgpretzel
11-30-2005, 10:51 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!! :Beer:

Im shocked john moores is actually paying money!

Podium
11-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I actually would've prefered not re-signing Giles.

Did we get screwed in that trade or what? Oliver Perez and Jason Bay. Man.

joseph04
11-30-2005, 11:44 PM

umm you would want to let go of our best offensive weapon? when we lackd alot of offense already as it is

well if you look at this trade now, then yes we did. oliver perez ehh, but what giles was doing at the time how could you say no, but jason bay we knew was going to be good but not way this good, it teaches us a lesson to stick to our propsects, nothing we can do about it now but just hope giles hits 25hmers 90+ rbi's next year.

Alibell1
12-01-2005, 12:27 AM

If you live your life regretting everything you do just because it doesn't turn out perfect, then yes the Pads got screwed.

They also got screwed in the Kevin Brown trade.

I bet Boston wishes they never traded Jeff Bagwell, then they may have won the World Series sooner than 2004.

SDFaiderHater
12-01-2005, 01:04 AM

Bay is going to be a stud, but Perez has shown no improvement since going to the pirates, lets just thank our lucky stars that they didnt send Peavy instead. because at the time, Perez was the hot young pitcher.

SDFaiderHater
12-01-2005, 01:06 AM
If you live your life regretting everything you do just because it doesn't turn out perfect, then yes the Pads got screwed.

They also got screwed in the Kevin Brown trade.

I bet Boston wishes they never traded Jeff Bagwell, then they may have won the World Series sooner than 2004.

with Brown, we have no World Series in 98, no new stadium, and are watching triple A quality baseball in a stadium built for football.

Chargers
12-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Definately glad the Padres re-signed Giles. I'm scared to think of our O without him. I was just coming to terms with the fact that we'd let him walk, and then all of a sudden he was re-signed. Sweet!

Alibell1
12-01-2005, 02:56 AM
with Brown, we have no World Series in 98, no new stadium, and are watching triple A quality baseball in a stadium built for football.

That was my point. To get Brown they had to trade Lee.

LordBling
12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
any news on re signing hoffman?

WARHAWKS
12-01-2005, 05:49 PM
SAN DIEGO -- Right fielder Brian Giles reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday night to re-sign with his hometown San Diego Padres for $30 million over three years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2242891

great to here giles is comming back, i also read on espn.com that the Blue Jays offered Giles 55 million but he declined because he wanted to come back to san diego, thats loyalty.

is he kearny high school alumi (sp?) or that his younger brother?

TBOLTZCALI
12-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Brian Giles is a Granite Hills alumni.

1.21Gigawatts
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
As long as Khalil is on the team, then it's all good.