PDA

View Full Version : Yup just took my madden record to 26-13

SupaChagaZ
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Took down the Chiefs 31-7.

Coming off 2 tough losses. The last 2 guys I played against were ridiculously good. I had a rating just above 1700 going into that 2 game losing streak. Now i am back to my winning ways. I had a streak of 8 Wins before that.

The last 2 guys I played were in another dimension in skill. I still took the last guy to the wire in a 28-30 loss against the Chiefs. I scored a couple times at the end to make it look closer than it was.

I am used to running my offense like a well oiled machine. No cheese from me. I run mostly out of the single back formation with a few offset I play action roll outs and counters for good measure. Jackson is a Huge weapon for me in Madden 06. He makes one awesome deep grab for me after the next. That last guy i played always took control of the receivers and DB's and never put them out of position or made a mistake. I have never seen anyone that good before. It took every defensive scheme and Blitz i know to even slow the guy down.

So now i am working at taking control of the receivers en-route. So far i have not made any major mistakes. I mostly just control Jackson and McCardell on play action fly routes. That seems to be the safest.

SupaChagaZ
01-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Any other Madden players in here?

hambone
01-06-2006, 10:57 AM
i use to till my xbox blew up and my normal nintendo lasted longer then it , made me give up on xbox

SupaChagaZ
01-06-2006, 11:28 AM
oh, I play Madden 06 on the PC.

SupaChagaZ
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I am turning it on now.

Just Blew up the Steelers 20-0

Made a 50 and a 47 yard FG. With Keading.

My opponent totally crushed LT, I only had 17 yards rushing. It was all Brees going to Gates and Jackson. I also run some routes out of the Shotgun to Turner and Sproles. Where I line them up at fullback next to LT then motion LT to the opposite side. The Defense never sees it coming till its to late. Usually against an all out Blitz to. Just lob it over the top into the flat and its 20 yards because Gates and McCardell are running fly routes on that side.

FanSince1979
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I used to play Madden on my XBOX a ton, but have been too busy to play much this year. I was ranked in the top 100 with Madden 2005, but I don't have a record to speak of with Madden 2006. If somebody wants an easy win, send me a private message. I'll play ya. :Beer:

Tomlinson21
01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Big time Madden Fan here....I'm in an 8 man league called Str8 Sim Madden League...all players are over the age of the "calendar day limit" (if you know what I mean) and hook it up for 12 straight weeks of weekly battles and weekly updated team/indiviual team stats with each new version that comes out.

Haven't played in a while becuase of other things that have been keeping me busy this past year.

SD_Connection
01-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Pretty much for the last 2-3 months all ive done is play online on da xbox. I just got done w/ my first franchise season(lost to the colts in divisional round, they later went on to win the super bowl) but theres something about playing human players i like more than the CPU. Online made me better, but im still pretty average.

FanSince1979
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Big time Madden Fan here....I'm in an 8 man league called Str8 Sim Madden League...all players are over the age of the "calendar day limit" (if you know what I mean) and hook it up for 12 straight weeks of weekly battles and weekly updated team/indiviual team stats with each new version that comes out.

Haven't played in a while becuase of other things that have been keeping me busy this past year.
Do you have an XBOX or Playstation?

crazyman33
01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
How do you take control of receivers, or is that after you throw?

SupaChagaZ
01-06-2006, 11:14 PM
After you throw.

I just lost a game... I tried a new offense and defense. "Run & Gun" along with "Balanced D". Even though a Practiced a bit first it was just to hard. The Guy i played against was a Colts master. I lost 24-21. FG at the end of the game.

I have gone back to the standard 3-4, with Chargers offensive playbook.

crazyman33
01-08-2006, 01:02 PM
who is that guy in your sig

DrTran
01-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I play on PC too. I wont be playing again until the end of the month (out of town), I'll look for you then.

One of my favorite plays is in Singleback 3wr strong
Change it to the BIG package so that 41 is the TE and and 84 is the slot and 85 is wide.

Call the counter run play. Motion 85 so it looks like trips.

SupaChagaZ
01-08-2006, 03:50 PM
who is that guy in your sig

hehe, the same guy as in my avatar.

Its a Supercomputer that Kirk makes destroy itself in the original start trek.

Landru was the guardian of the people on this planet. They were all peaceful except for 48 hours once a year when everyone was turned loose to rape and pillage.

In this case its ok though. Landru's will now is for the Chargers to win the super bowl :)

Mr. Heisman
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
What level of diff. do you set it on when you play!