PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents you want

DrTran
01-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Here's mine:

Chris Hope. FS for the Steelers. Often makes highlight reels with hard hits.
Chargers need someone to make WRs scared to run over the middle.

(First post in new forum ;) )

Hamburglar
01-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Aww sweet a free agent section!!! Congratulations you were the first to post in it!!:D

DrTran
01-09-2006, 01:04 AM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

If anyone has ESPN insider, they can get the list of available free agents and their grades.

jtzsd43
01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Here's a pretty good link for Free Agents: http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/index.asp

KingGL
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Ricky Manning Jr. smaller DB , but I like the way he plays has great ball instincts and I'll take him over fletcher.
Corey Chavous- underrated ball hawk safety I would love to have.
Chris Hope- Very hard nose hard hitting safety.
Antwaan Randle El- could return punts and stretch the field in the passing game.
Koren Robinson- Has some issues AJ avoids , but could be a steal this guy has the talent no doubt.
Reggie Wayne- I really like him on our team , but he will command big bucks and AJ won't bite.
Terrence Metcalf- Played very well this year and helped Thomas Jones have a real solid year.
Jon Runyan- Have always liked Runyan protects well and is tuff . Dont know how he is in the running game since philly never runs, but would be willing to find out.
Steve Hutchinson- I can always dream.
Marlon McCree- Noticed today that this guy has pretty good coverage skills and is having a nice year could be had for depth and would probably compete for a starting job. Would most likely be a cheap pick up that AJ goes for.
John St Clair- Another Bears OL that could be had for depth. Does not get to play backing up Tait though. We do need cheap depth though.
A good center- back-up or to compete for starting job.

I would be happy with some for depth others for starting spots.

jtzsd43
01-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Here's the list of FA's that I would like to see in a Chargers uniform. I'm gonna focus my attention on the positions I think we really need to upgrade or bolster for depth purposes. Those positions are CB, S, WR and OT.

For CB:
Nate Clements, Buffalo Bills
Will Allen, New York Giants

For S:
Adam Archuleta, St. Louis Rams

For WR:
Antonio Bryant, Cleveland Browns
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts

For OT:
Jeff Backus, Detroit Lions
Mike Pearson, Jacksonville Jaguars
Tom Ashworth, New England Patriots

jtzsd43
01-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Ah man. I just noticed KingGL's post that included Steve Hutchinson. He would be an awesome addition to the team. I also like Vince Manuwai from the Jaguars if we're talking offensive guards.

Natedawg01
01-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Archuletta and Wayne are the two FAs that I think would work well for the chargers. Unfortunatly, I don't know if AJ will bring them in or not. It really depends on draft strategy and things that we don't know (IE who AJ likes on the team, who Marty likes, etc, for all we know, they could absolutely love our safeties and think it's our corners who need the upgrades...).

TJ21
01-09-2006, 04:51 AM
Ah man. I just noticed KingGL's post that included Steve Hutchinson. He would be an awesome addition to the team. I also like Vince Manuwai from the Jaguars if we're talking offensive guards.
Manuwai & Hutchinson would both boost our offense miles.

pete985
01-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Manuwai would be great to have on board. We certainly have a better chance of getting him than Hutchinson. There's plenty of tackles out there who could help us too; if nothing else we need better backups than Jordan and Hallen.

And with safeties, i'd love for us to get Tank Williams from the Titans, and maybe Lance Schulters too, cos they had a good partnership at Tennesee and it would be great if they could rekindle it. Archuleta, Hope or Demps would be great as well.

DrTran
01-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I dont know about Archuletta. Last time I saw him, LT made him look like a fool in preseason. Isnt he old and slow now?

IgorUnchained
01-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Here's a pretty good link for Free Agents: http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/index.asp

That is a great link...thanks for posting it! I like this new section of the forums and the FAQ by Joel stickied to the top of the page is great.....I didnt know alot of that stuff.

fastbolt19
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
wr reggie wayne, wr nate burleson, and get darnell bing and marcus vick out of the draft:21:

KingGL
01-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Forgot about him Manuwai would be great.

KingGL
01-09-2006, 02:55 PM
get darnell bing and marcus vick out of the draft:21:

Your not serious right?

bigbolthead21
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I would like too see will demps in our defensive back field. he is a great hitter and has good instincts plus he worked with Ed Reed for a while. I would to see david givens on our team too. he has great size and speed. randle el won't be a bad option either.

Tomlinson21
01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Archuletta and Wayne are the two FAs that I think would work well for the chargers. Unfortunatly, I don't know if AJ will bring them in or not. It really depends on draft strategy and things that we don't know (IE who AJ likes on the team, who Marty likes, etc, for all we know, they could absolutely love our safeties and think it's our corners who need the upgrades...).
This would fill 2 positions of GREAT need and I like the fact that if we could somehow lure these guys in and have AJ work his magic in the Draft....I could finally say: "WE'RE SET."

Tijuana_Man
01-09-2006, 05:24 PM
There is only two free agents that I would love to see at the Q. Nate Clements and Terrell Owens. They would make us one of the most solid teams in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://billsinsider.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/md24.jpghttp://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/SuperBowl39/Images/04SBOwensTerrell01.jpg

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 05:28 PM
There is only two free agents that I would love to see at the Q. Nate Clements and Terrell Owens. They would make us one of the most solid teams in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://billsinsider.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/md24.jpghttp://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/SuperBowl39/Images/04SBOwensTerrell01.jpg
um TO wouldnt do much for us seeing as how our o-line wont be able to pass block long enough for the guy....plus the guy has character issues i cant see him coming anywhere near us...ill pass on nate clements were our corners are fine its our safeties that we need to be upgrading.

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I dont know about Archuletta. Last time I saw him, LT made him look like a fool in preseason. Isnt he old and slow now?
i thought the guy was like 28 years old but it doesnt help when your trying to stop LT when your out of position lol

TJ21
01-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Okay most of you know I'm not a crazy person, I'm pretty stable and I like to make rationale well thought out decisions, but I have to agree with the poster above me:

GET T.O.!
The Chargers lack a big play WR. K-Mac is great, he's a talented WR with some nice moves, but he's not a superstar, and Parker will always be our Out guy, our bondsman, the man to make the move on fourth and a mile, but he's not exactly a speedster or acrobat. Owens is a superstar, playmaking WR, he love racking up the stats, and despite his antics he rarely ever drops the ball, lets it get INT'd, or fumbles. You put it in his direction and it's going places. You put him next to Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson and have Drew (or Phil) toss it to him and trust me: we become the #1 offense in the NFL.

It won't happen. Smith doesn't pull off things that big and flashy, but I've heard the rumors like everyone else and I won't lie to you... the thought of it makes me salivate a little.

As for his behavior, the McNabb incindent wasn't as bad as the Garcia incident and I doubt Terrell would want to try and antagonize anyone else after the brutal critisism he got this year.

Tomlinson21
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
It's funny because both these guys are from the same draft class as LT was in '01....seasoned vets that would be nice to see in Charger Blue.

mtxsound
01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
I want Drew Brees, despite injury.

Whatever happens I dont want TO. I dont think he can change, unless they made some sort of stipulation in his contract that he has to wear duct tape over his mouth during all team functions, or he voids the contract.

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I want Drew Brees, despite injury.

Whatever happens I dont want TO. I dont think he can change, unless they made some sort of stipulation in his contract that he has to wear duct tape over his mouth during all team functions, or he voids the contract.
thats what i think, yes, we all know TO is great we all know what he can do on the field and we all know what he can do in the locker room. Dont say that what he did with the Eagles is never going to happen to us. Coming into this season everyone thought the eagles were right up there with the pats when it came to the locker room and things of that sort.....but look what happened. Yes, we dont have a true #1 WR yet, but it isnt hurting us that bad. Plus VJ is still a big question mark. Like i've said countless times it makes no point in having a big name WR if the o-line cant block for our qb long enough for the WR to get open. Yes, im well aware that a #1 WR make teams a little more hesistant to blitz and stack the box with 8 or 9 men fronts but that #1 WR aint going to be doing much for the money were paying him if the o-line does not hold up. Now if our o-line is upgraded in both pass and run blocking i say we move on to adressing our safety issues then we can worry about getting a WR.

TBOLTZCALI
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
that would make t.o alot happier. we dont have a #1 receiver so he would get alot of chances. If we had t.o or better receivers that opposing defenses would fear, they wouldnt blitz half the time like they did to us this year, meaning L.T. would blow up the league and rush for 2200+. Ive said this all year but alot of people said our receivers are fine. Well guess what, fine in a sense if you want the chargers to finish 9-7. But in my book, If t.o could keep his mouth shut and just play ball, then i wouldnt mind having him on the chargers jukin out our afc west foes. L.T, T.O, A.G, D.B/P.R, thats a great offense. Grab an inside linebacker through the draft, pick up some linemen and a safety via FA and we should win the super bowl 2007!!

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
that would make t.o alot happier. we dont have a #1 receiver so he would get alot of chances. If we had t.o or better receivers that opposing defenses would fear, they wouldnt blitz half the time like they did to us this year, meaning L.T. would blow up the league and rush for 2200+. Ive said this all year but alot of people said our receivers are fine. Well guess what, fine in a sense if you want the chargers to finish 9-7. But in my book, If t.o could keep his mouth shut and just play ball, then i wouldnt mind having him on the chargers jukin out our afc west foes. L.T, T.O, A.G, D.B/P.R, thats a great offense. Grab an inside linebacker through the draft, pick up some linemen and a safety via FA and we should win the super bowl 2007!!
um, the WRs werent the problem we went 9-7....its called an o-line and some bad coaching....but yes, with TO, LT would blow people up but i much rather have a guy with no aattitude problems

TBOLTZCALI
01-09-2006, 06:32 PM
having no wr was part of the problem. the opposing teams were able to blitz the hell out of us knowing they can keep l.t and gates in blocking, what was going to hurt them? eric parker? k mac? not likely. we need a wr that can hurt teams if they do decide to play man.

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM
having no wr was part of the problem. the opposing teams were able to blitz the hell out of us knowing they can keep l.t and gates in blocking, what was going to hurt them? eric parker? k mac? not likely. we need a wr that can hurt teams if they do decide to play man.
yes, parker and kmac are going to hurt them. but they're never going to force a team to blitz less. Um, kinda like the washington game before LT started coming around the end with what was it 2 or 3 big runs. anyway you made it sound like the wrs were the reason we went 9-7 like i've said before isnt as big of a need as is o-line and our safetys

TJ21
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
As much as I love EP and kMac, you're right. They're not feared, they're not big names. We get a guy thats gets double covered every play and that leaves room to toss to Gates, to hand off to LT, to spread around. We get a guy like T.O. and they don't double cover him... Well now we got 9 guys in the pro-bowl...

It won't happen, but I don't think drafting a WR is the answer, we need a big NAME WR, not so much a big PLAY WR.

hambone
01-09-2006, 06:58 PM
WR - David Givens, great player
O-line - seatles guy
Defense

Safties , hope and demps, hope use to play SS for steelers untill long haired caveman came

Chargeroo
01-09-2006, 09:11 PM
wr reggie wayne, wr nate burleson, and get darnell bing and marcus vick out of the draft:21: Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Is this the Marcus Vick you want? :D

SD_Connection
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
O-line - seatles guy
Defense

Safties , hope and demps, hope use to play SS for steelers untill long haired caveman came

ok lets stop the polamalu bashing already. Hope and Demps would be great. TO at WR would be crazy. I would be lieing if i say i wouldnt want him as a charger. I know 90% of you guys would go crazy over him. buut its not gonna happen, even though i feel TO in SD would be a nice fit. (maybe the new team, relaxed atmosphere and weather would calm him down a bit. dunno just a thought)

Wayne or Randle EL would be good here too. I really like that Hope Demps combo though.

SD_Connection
01-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Is this the Marcus Vick you want? :D

Marcus Vick a charger...haha fuuunny..

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 09:39 PM
O-line - seatles guy
Defense

hahahaha long haired cavemen scary!!! he hit you hard!!! make you scared of ball!!! very scary!!! he can fly!!! hahahaha

SuperBowlBolts
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Marcus Vick a charger...haha fuuunny..
no thats just horrible

Brother Wolf
01-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Hope @ S, Hutchinson @ G, + good OL draft, I think we're solid!!! We need a safety that scares receivers, & lays them out. I also like Clements, but I don't know how much room we'd have capwise???

TJ21
01-10-2006, 05:09 AM
but I don't know how much room we'd have capwise???
If we're not trading Rivers, we have a LOT of cap room.

mrkmacc21
01-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Okay most of you know I'm not a crazy person, I'm pretty stable and I like to make rationale well thought out decisions, but I have to agree with the poster above me:

GET T.O.!
The Chargers lack a big play WR. K-Mac is great, he's a talented WR with some nice moves, but he's not a superstar, and Parker will always be our Out guy, our bondsman, the man to make the move on fourth and a mile, but he's not exactly a speedster or acrobat. Owens is a superstar, playmaking WR, he love racking up the stats, and despite his antics he rarely ever drops the ball, lets it get INT'd, or fumbles. You put it in his direction and it's going places. You put him next to Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson and have Drew (or Phil) toss it to him and trust me: we become the #1 offense in the NFL.

It won't happen. Smith doesn't pull off things that big and flashy, but I've heard the rumors like everyone else and I won't lie to you... the thought of it makes me salivate a little.

As for his behavior, the McNabb incindent wasn't as bad as the Garcia incident and I doubt Terrell would want to try and antagonize anyone else after the brutal critisism he got this year.

So far myself, you and two others have mentioned T.O. being on the team. Personally I would like to see it. I said before that I think the NFL has FINALLY humbled him, and that he would fit nice under a back to basics coach like Marty. (I'm sure that playing in the land of beautiful people wouldn't hurt either). I did read a very thorough explanation of our offense on one post that stated he wouldn't be a good fit, due to his "Throw Me The Ball Attitude", and how our offense isn't suited for that type of guy due to our tendancy to spread the ball around. He would scare the hell out of a defense and our offense would finally get a little attitude. I also think he would make our receivers step their game up tremendously. I say sign him to a one or two year contract and throw in a bunch of conduct clauses and just throw him the damn ball. It would be a nice shot in the arm for Brees too. Sorry, my loyalty is to Brees. He earned it!

mrkmacc21
01-10-2006, 07:21 AM
I think our WR are solid, and I would not like to play against them on other teams. (New England game: Tim Dwight TD). However, the actual play called begins with the snap of the ball gentlemen, without that, the play never happens. We need a guy like "Ton" that we sent to the Vikings. I think we have to put some weight on the line. A couple of years ago, I would have loved to have gotten Shawn Andrews in the draft. If we draft a linemen, he has to be a big guy 330 - 350. I saw that kid from Oakland come in on third down and bull rush the hell out of Dielman. Chris controlled him on the next play but I saw our linemen getting pushed around this year. That is one of the reasons that a guy like Mike Turner won't ever put up LT type yards, he is a power runner behind a trap blocking line. We need two power blockers. ONE in the draft and one in FA.

bolt dude
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I only want two FAs: Hutchinson and Runyan. Hutchinson would be our new LG and Runyan would be our new RT. Move Olivea to RG. Keep Oben at LT, but draft a 1st or 2nd rounder to learn under Oben. Draft a ball hawk like Ko Simpson for our defense. This would solve all our major problems I think.

CBO
01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
We should trade for Owens now so we dont have to try to out bid the rest of the teams. Tell me any player that could be drafted in the second or third round that would have the impact that TO would have??? No One. TO would fit perfect in our offense. We are not exactly a West Coast offense but we play that way. Short passes and let the receiver get YAC. Remember the 91 catch and run against Denver(Champ Bailey. AKA one of the best DB's in the leauge). He does not need a lot of time to get open. No one does it better than TO. Plus he is a good run blocker. Yes he has an attitude but I think we need a little of that hopefully with out the off the feild blow ups. Through the first 7 games this year he was still the best WR in the leauge(40+ catches, 700+ yards(337YAC), 6TDs). Kmac, Parker, Caldwell were pushing these numbers over 16 games not 7. I am a big TO fan since he came in to the leauge I know the problems he has created on his past teams but for this kind of production and if we trade for him then we are off the hook for any bonus money(Philly will have to pay it) and can just release him.

http://snap.stats.com/snap/SFA/nfl/leaders.asp?year=P

SDxengi
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Ed Reed... or A solid OL

maxiee
01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Chad Johnson would be a good pickup Chris Hope and a beastly OT

bigbolthead21
01-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Chad Johnson would be a good pickup Chris Hope and a beastly OT
Chad johnson isn't even a free agent & cincy will never let him go. we should pick up will demps and david givens and resign caldwell. then draft OL and linebackers in the draft. I think demps is better than Hope but would still be a good pick up.

Chargeroo
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
We should trade for Owens now so we dont have to try to out bid the rest of the teams. Tell me any player that could be drafted in the second or third round that would have the impact that TO would have??? No One. TO would fit perfect in our offense. We are not exactly a West Coast offense but we play that way. Short passes and let the receiver get YAC. Remember the 91 catch and run against Denver(Champ Bailey. AKA one of the best DB's in the league). He does not need a lot of time to get open. No one does it better than TO. Plus he is a good run blocker. Yes he has an attitude but I think we need a little of that hopefully with out the off the field blow ups. Through the first 7 games this year he was still the best WR in the league(40+ catches, 700+ yards(337YAC), 6TDs). Kmac, Parker, Caldwell were pushing these numbers over 16 games not 7. I am a big TO fan since he came in to the league I know the problems he has created on his past teams but for this kind of production and if we trade for him then we are off the hook for any bonus money(Philly will have to pay it) and can just release him.

http://snap.stats.com/snap/SFA/nfl/leaders.asp?year=PAny team that traded for Owens would not just get Owens, they would also get the contract that TO signed with the Eagles. I'm guessing that any team that's interested in TO would want to work out their own contract with him so they could have language in it that got them off the hook if he turns on his teammates again.

I see TO as a great talent. I think he's as good as any WR in the league but he's also a guy with a history of putting down his teammates and griping that he doesn't get it thrown his way often enough. In a short time, that kind of behavior wears down a team. Other players begin to takes sides and the team quits being a team. I really see his talent but I really see his drawbacks too. I hope the Chargers stay away from him, I even wish the entire league would stay away from him and send a signal to everyone that you can't get by with this kind of stuff and still play in the NFL. I know that won't happen, but I'd think it was great if it did.

TJ21
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Any team that traded for Owens would not just get Owens, they would also get the contract that TO signed with the Eagles. I'm guessing that any team that's interested in TO would want to work out their own contract with him so they could have language in it that got them off the hook if he turns on his teammates again.

I see TO as a great talent. I think he's as good as any WR in the league but he's also a guy with a history of putting down his teammates and griping that he doesn't get it thrown his way often enough. In a short time, that kind of behavior wears down a team. Other players begin to takes sides and the team quits being a team. I really see his talent but I really see his drawbacks too. I hope the Chargers stay away from him, I even wish the entire league would stay away from him and send a signal to everyone that you can't get by with this kind of stuff and still play in the NFL. I know that won't happen, but I'd think it was great if it did.

NFL is about talent. Integrity is something you desire in all of your players, but from I can see he's never committed any crimes, he's never done anything "bad" in the sense of morality. He chews out his teammates and splits his lockerooms, but I think you throw a little clause in his contract that prevents something in that nature, and he'll keep his mouth shut. Money and Stats are important to TO, he can get the stats, and if you threaten his money with a gag order his harmful conduct could come to a halt.

Then again I could be blind. Perhaps the idea of him on our potent offense is so good that I'm choosing to ignore his tendencies, perhaps I'm choosing to deny that he'll probably three-peat what he's done in SF and PHI wherever he goes.

In any case it doesn't matter. It's a moot point. Unless AJ has a personality disorder and becomes a wheelin and dealin GM over night TO's not coming here anyway.

ChargerChuckster
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Ed Reed... or A solid OL
I keep hearing E. Reed (S - Baltimore). What's his current contract status (URFA or RFA)?

ChargerChuckster
01-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Need help... Anyone know when FREE AGENCY "actually" begins? When teams can begin talking to FAs...

SuperBowlBolts
01-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I keep hearing E. Reed (S - Baltimore). What's his current contract status (URFA or RFA)?
either way i think it would be a stupid and horrible move if the ravens let go of ed reed....anyway the thing about TO he has a huge upside but a even greater downside.

bigbolthead21
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Need help... Anyone know when FREE AGENCY "actually" begins? When teams can begin talking to FAs...

I think its march 3rd or 4th

raiderhater1
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
imo clements from buffalo would be a great addition to the team he is a great db with smart skills and would be a perfect fit into our d but i think that buffalo will sign him so he my not be on the free agent board long but would be someone to thing about

smrtalec33
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM

Neither. He's under contract for 1 more year at a little over $2 million, and they're trying to extend him. I guess it's possible if they can't agree on an extension that they might look to deal him, but it seems unlikely. They'd be better off just franchising him if that happened, since i doubt the franchise tag is too high for a safety. And, even if they did decide to deal him, i don't see what the Chargers could offer of equal value, especially with Rivers off the table.

SD Chargers Fan
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
woow!!
there are plenty of free agents out there..
how about....(in order)
SAFETY:
1. Corey Chavous
2. Adam Archuleta
3. Tank Williams

CORNERS:
1. Nate Clements
2. Jerry Azumah
3. Ricky Manning
4. Charles Woodson (hes only last b/c hes a raider)

Chargeroo
01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
A -- For restricted free agents, from March 2 to April 15; for unrestricted free agents and transition players, from March 2 to July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later); and for franchise players, from March 2 through the 10th week of the season (November 15).

BoltsfanNYC
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
and hope S from PItts! awesome....

jazzing
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I would like Reggie Wayne although the Colts will probably sign him to a new contract. After all, 83 receptions with 1055 yds is not too shabby. And I highly doubt we would have to worry about any locker room upsets since he comes from a team that acts like one.

But as others have pointed out it will take a real improvement in our OL play for a really good WR to have the desired effect.

Sirbob
01-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Any team that traded for Owens would not just get Owens, they would also get the contract that TO signed with the Eagles. I'm guessing that any team that's interested in TO would want to work out their own contract with him so they could have language in it that got them off the hook if he turns on his teammates again.

Nice post, But you could admit that when he does play he will be top 3 WR in yardage. so some team is going to have the best WR in the league and a good little boy for um about 3 to 17 NFL weeks +the TD funnies.

sonorajim
01-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Regards TO, you have to realize that along with the talented player on the field, you get the relentless mouth attacking his teammates and coaches. Nothing in his history indicates otherwise, to the contrary he has been the posterboy for " Lockerroom Cancer" every where he's played or refused to play. I wouldn't let him play in San Diego if he paid us for the privilege.

Timmy
01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
my wishlist for the Chargers:

DBs: Nate Clements, Will Demps
WR's: Reggie Wayne, Joe Jurevicius, Antonio Bryant or David Givens
OLmen: Jon Runyan, Steve Hutchinson
LBs: Akin Ayodele, Antwan Peek or Andra Davis

Brother Wolf
01-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah...finally someone agrees w/ me on Jurevicius!!! :) I think Hutchinson is more realistic than Runyan simply because I heard that Seattle wouldn't be able to keep both Hutchinson & Alexander, and I would think they'd keep their NFL MVP?

SuperBowlBolts
01-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah...finally someone agrees w/ me on Jurevicius!!! :) I think Hutchinson is more realistic than Runyan simply because I heard that Seattle wouldn't be able to keep both Hutchinson & Alexander, and I would think they'd keep their NFL MVP?
if i were seattle i'd rather keep hutchinson put any RB behind that line and you got at least a 1,000 yd rusher

Timmy
01-14-2006, 11:08 PM

He's really come up big for Seattle. He's drastically improved their abysmal passing game from the year before. I would accept Joey with open arms. Then we'd be just one more step towards becoming the Tampa Bay Bucs!

:p

Timmy
01-14-2006, 11:09 PM
if i were seattle i'd rather keep hutchinson put any RB behind that line and you got at least a 1,000 yd rusher

Hopefully, for our sakes, they decide to keep the MVP and release Steven

ltinabottle
01-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Welcome Mr. Hutchison! Looking forward to having you block for LT and gang. Come on down! Beautiful weather w only occassional rain. Also, it would be smart to steal a Steeler and add to our lack of play secondary. Chris Hope would be a nice addition to our secondary. He hits hard...and makes plays. Qualities we desperately need.

As for Terrell Owens, it's like making a deal with the devil. Receiving a great talent but also having to deal with the character issues. Can you guys imagine... we would have interviews at his home in Scripps Ranch instead of at Charger Park. He would yell at Cam for not getting ball more and claim this is his team. Maybe he has learned from this past year...simply because he faced a team that actually held him accountable for his behavior. We have great talent and team chemistry. The last time we had a cancer that embarassed the community was Ryan Leaf...only he lacked the goods to show on the field. No thanks. Hope and Hutchison on other hand would be sweet additions to this team.

Go Bolts:Bolt:

HeadTrip
01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
I would be stoked to see the Hawks keep Alexander and ditch Hutch, but I think they have the cap room to keep Hutch no matter what. They have 20 mill and I think Hutch will be a very high priority. The only way I see him leaving is because he doesn't want to play for Seattle.

SuperBowlBolts
01-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I would be stoked to see the Hawks keep Alexander and ditch Hutch, but I think they have the cap room to keep Hutch no matter what. They have 20 mill and I think Hutch will be a very high priority. The only way I see him leaving is because he doesn't want to play for Seattle.
well lets hope we doesnt wanna block for alexander anymore and he wants to block for the best in LT

BoltsfanNYC
01-15-2006, 12:54 PM
seattle will pay big for alexander... but they will be 11 or so under cap after they could also franchise him then.
he will sign for tackle money.

I would love the guy... but we need a true Tackle... then move shane olivea back to guard and we will improve at two positions!! and add depth!

WE need #1wr-S-T-CB
add talent-LB-DE-DT-C-QB
we have 25mil cap 4 top picks and rivers!

Trade rivers-more cap more high picks.
Sign 1 NEED area- 1 talent area
draft the rest.... trade next year first to either move up in first or get another first.. or second... we will roll the next 2-3 years!

Tomlinson21
01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Reggie Wayne for WR
Hope/Archuletta for Safety or Bernard Pollard in the Draft (Rd 3)
Hutchinson from Seattle

Sanitation Man
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM

I disagree my brutha. Just look at the Pats. Do you consider Deion Branch a premier receiver? I see him as a sweet route running, great hands kind of receiver. Kind of like our very own Eric Parker. Vincent Jackson will come in to his own this year.

What we need is consistent pass / run protection so our receivers can complete their routes and a hard hitting SOB who can knock the snot out of anyone who dares to come through the middle!!! In other words get some proven veterans on the O-Line (starters and backups) and pick up Chris Hope or the kid from LSU (brain fart on his name).

Whatever the QB situation is, I'm guessing it will be for the best. As for Marty, he'll have the talent, so if not 2006, then GTFO...

SuperBowlBolts
01-17-2006, 10:16 PM
seattle will pay big for alexander... but they will be 11 or so under cap after they could also franchise him then.
he will sign for tackle money.

I would love the guy... but we need a true Tackle... then move shane olivea back to guard and we will improve at two positions!! and add depth!

WE need #1wr-S-T-CB
add talent-LB-DE-DT-C-QB
we have 25mil cap 4 top picks and rivers!

Trade rivers-more cap more high picks.
Sign 1 NEED area- 1 talent area
draft the rest.... trade next year first to either move up in first or get another first.. or second... we will roll the next 2-3 years!
ok what tackle are you talking about? if we move olivea to Gaurd which is something i agree with were going to need two tackles just to clarify things, seeing as how Oben aint getting no younger.

midnight9875
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
we need a OT in the draft and a good OG(HUTCHINSON) since Dielman cant protect for his life

Confuzed Azn
01-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Reggie Wayne for WR

I think that'd be perfect for the Chargers, although it's unlikely. I say this for two reasons... 1. AJ is a cheapskate, ahem* I mean "conservative" :rolleyes:. And 2. I have a hunch the Colts will release Edge and sign a free agent like Ahman Green or draft a RB in the first, like a Laurence Maroney out of Minnesota, leaving a ton of cap space to resign Reggie out of duhh U.

ghost
01-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I want to sign FA SS Marlon McCree of the Panthers and FA OT Jon Runyan of the Eagles. That's all the Chargers need, the other three holes on the Chargers roster can be filled through the 2006 draft with OT, FS, & OG.

CBO
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
I think I would prefer Hope. As for Runyan he is already 33yrs old. and I think he still has 1 year left on his igh priced contract.

SuperBowlBolts
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I think I would prefer Hope. As for Runyan he is already 33yrs old. and I think he still has 1 year left on his igh priced contract.
i dont see why hope wouldnt resign with the steelers.but hey if he hits the FA pick the guy up

BoltsfanNYC
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM
steelers are cheap... AJ is too but I am hoping for him!! also wayne or randle el... those two make draft easy....
also another good point a guy like runyun FOr next 2 years and drafting a guy in 2-3 round... cound be perfect.
WE NEED 2 FA players... not plugs... STUDS!

we are a good draft away from 3 years of rock and roll!!!

meatbucket
01-19-2006, 03:05 AM
yeah AJ is cheap but a superbowl win sure would help with any stadium issues...

Tomlinson21
01-19-2006, 09:03 AM
NE's OG Stephen Neal looks to be a good catch for one of our Guard positions if not depth.

Chargeroo
01-19-2006, 09:05 AM
I want to sign FA SS Marlon McCree of the Panthers and FA OT Jon Runyan of the Eagles. That's all the Chargers need, the other three holes on the Chargers roster can be filled through the 2006 draft with OT, FS, & OG.Good call - it fills the needs of the team. We shouldn't even consider spending big money on some other teams number 2 WR unless we have some of our own leave. We have plenty of those already. Spend it on the problem areas.

BoltsfanNYC and meatbucket -
AJ is not cheap. AJ is trying to spend his salary cap money where it'll do the most good. Look at the big increases he gave to LT, McCardell, Oben, Williams, etc. - He's spending his money to retain the players that have already proven their worth to the team. Look at the difference between the salary of a drafted player and a free agent player - that's why AJ is careful about signing free agents. That's not being cheap, it's being smart.

CBO
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree that AJ is trying to be smart with the teams Money and he has done a good job so far in the draft but I hope he will be more active in FA and get some good vets to help us out right away. From what I have read on a couple of sites Davis, Caldwell, and Goff might not be back and they are looking for starters at every possition on the Oline.

Tomlinson21
01-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I agree that AJ is trying to be smart with the teams Money and he has done a good job so far in the draft but I hope he will be more active in FA and get some good vets to help us out right away. From what I have read on a couple of sites Davis, Caldwell, and Goff might not be back and they are looking for starters at every possition on the Oline.
Stephen Neal is a very good Offensive Guard...alot of upside. Played for the Super Bowl Champion Pats, too...and for that alone I would definitely take a peek at him if Goff or Dielman go...

Let's face it...the O-Line does need a major U-Haul... and the first step towards doing so was done by giving Mauck his walking papers...

I like your post, CBO...and I agree that being more active in the free agent market won't hurt this team.

CBO
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Im sure some of you have seen this from the UT.

Carl Mauck's second tenure as Chargers offensive line coach ended after just one season when he was fired yesterday.

His departure was more a result of what he brought to the team than what he lacked as a coach.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060119/images/mauck140.jpg

Carl Mauck
"He's a terrific guy," head coach Marty Schottenheimer said. "He worked as hard as anybody. But the approach, the philosophy, were different."
While Schottenheimer said the differences were solely between him and Mauck, there was tension elsewhere as well. Some offensive linemen had expressed the belief that Mauck's aggressive style was not what the unit needed. Also, Mauck's loud and somewhat insolent way of communicating differed greatly from that of other offensive coaches.

JoeMcRugby
01-19-2006, 09:54 AM

Why won't Goff be back? He's under contract at a very reasonable salary through the 2008 season? :confused:

Mike Goff: 5-Year deal worth 13.25M thru 2008-2009 season signed in March 2004- + he receives a 3.5M signing bonus and base salaries of 535K in 2004, 1.515M in 2005, 2.65M in 2006, and 2.525M in both 2007 and 2008- + he earned $4,200 in bonuses in 2004 Agent: Tom Condon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bdave/id24.html

CBO
01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I think Neal would be a good pick up for 1-2 years at a decent price. I did not know but he is from SD he went to San Diego High.

CBO
01-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Why won't Goff be back? He's under contract at a very reasonable salary through the 2008 season? :confused:

Mike Goff: 5-Year deal worth 13.25M thru 2008-2009 season signed in March 2004- + he receives a 3.5M signing bonus and base salaries of 535K in 2004, 1.515M in 2005, 2.65M in 2006, and 2.525M in both 2007 and 2008- + he earned $4,200 in bonuses in 2004 Agent: Tom Condon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bdave/id24.html

This is from Sportsline.com. I might be reading to far into it.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Starters - LT Roman Oben (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/4035), LG Kris Dielman (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396794), C Nick Hardwick (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492953), RG Mike Goff (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12399), RT Shane Olivea (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493021). Backups - G Wes Sims (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/420922), C/G Bob Hallen (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12415), C Scott Mruczkowski (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/417402), T Leander Jordan (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187576).
Led by new coach Carl Mauck, who won't be back next year, the line didn't play as well as it did in 2004. Some of that was due to injury - Oben missed the final eight games with a foot injury - and fresh faces - Dielman supplanted Toniu Fonoti before he was traded to Minnesota. Jordan did OK, as did Olivea - nothing more. The interior of the line was beaten badly on more than one occasion. Dielman, a restricted free agent, will be back. But the team could look at upgrades, in particular, at Hardwick's and Goff's spots. None of the backups seems poised to take over starting role, so look for the Chargers to try to get better along the line through free agency and the draft.

CBO
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
2.65mill seems like a lot to pay a backup

BoltsfanNYC
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I think goff is onlt person on the Line who will be right where he started this year... olivea is either going to move to LG or stay where he was... but every other man may be moving.. for instance... if we got justice or brickashaw or guy from auburn I could see oben moving to RT and olivea moving back to LG our line would immediatly be better and get better every game next season!

CBO
01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
I think goff is onlt person on the Line who will be right where he started this year... olivea is either going to move to LG or stay where he was... but every other man may be moving.. for instance... if we got justice or brickashaw or guy from auburn I could see oben moving to RT and olivea moving back to LG our line would immediatly be better and get better every game next season!

I think Oben would stay at LT for next year. If we bring in a rookie he will probably play RT or back up Oben.

Tomlinson21
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
I think Neal would be a good pick up for 1-2 years at a decent price. I did not know but he is from SD he went to San Diego High.
SD ties ... we could land this guy!!!!

BoltsfanNYC
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
first of all... oben is an average LT... not best not worst... but he is injured... I like the idea of Justice. or mcneil. A big book end tackle... move oben he would be a plus on the right side... then move olivea back to LG! also lining up with an extra tackle and 3 reciever set with LT in baackfield on 2nd and 4 or less play action... would free safety and get a WR open for a bomb. we could option this play at the Line and always hand off if defense cheats either way!!! maybe hit gates under... go over the top and quick curl to mcardell... this play would be huge winner.

Totally Bolted
01-19-2006, 02:01 PM
There is really only two positions I think we really need to sign a UFA. Those with the biggest needs. OT and S. After that the others you get a little more picky on. WR and then OG.
So my picks would be
OT = Pearson.
S = Hope. A good possibility.
WR = Randle. He'd be a great fit.
OG = Hutch or Manuwai
S and WR would be cool cause we'd be yanking from Pitt.

Mr. Heisman
01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I for one like mr. ed reed yet i say wait becasue there is a up and coming safety. From Norte Dame Tom Zbikowski!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he wears numer 9! if he comes out in the draft we have to grab him! He is a gold glove boxer too. Can we say BRING THE PAIN!!! look him up!!!

BoltsfanNYC
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
is ed reed a FA?

CBO
01-19-2006, 02:23 PM
is ed reed a FA?

No. He has 1-2 years left.

ChargerFanInBuf
01-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I for one like mr. ed reed yet i say wait becasue there is a up and coming safety. From Norte Dame Tom Zbikowski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that that guy from office space that broke all his bones? "I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS!"

BoltsfanNYC
01-19-2006, 03:38 PM
we need A S-T-WR depth at G-C-ILB-DT and we are good to go!

Mr. Heisman
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Charles Woodson! that's it that's all trust me he'll win the comeback player of the year wit us! just sign him for 3 years!C-Wood

CBO
01-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Charles Woodson! that's it that's all trust me he'll win the comeback player of the year wit us! just sign him for 3 years!C-Wood

I would like to get Woodson for the right price. He is big, athletic and can tackle. He has a few more years at corner and could be a good FS.

How about this

Woodson(FS) KO Simpson(SS) or Mike Huff or Darnell Bing

Clements(DB) Jammer(DB) Florence(NB)

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I would love to get Ed Reed! But i dunno! if not i say Reggie Wayne! Won't ask for too much and is willing to step up and be the number one reciever without the ego of a moss, to, or even Randel el aka Mr. Crybaby after every drop ball!

ryry2104
01-31-2006, 11:25 PM
ike taylor

BoltsfanNYC
01-31-2006, 11:25 PM
deshea townsend

a couple good OL

a couple good in Secondary we dont have good luck on drafting secondary

another 300lb lineman to play defensive end

or a 330+lb lineman for DT depth

speedy WR who we can throw screens too, worked well for carolina and washington

i hrd we will get derek smith from 49ers if godfrey retires

we also need good punt returner, parker is kinda good

UMMMM... what.... LT-G-C in any order 2 of the 3!
then S-cb-ILB-DT

run- pass blocking tight end, not that kelly griffeth 285lb monster he should gain weight and be a gaurd

ryry2104
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
we should get a badass LT move oben to RT then we should get hard hitting SS and a FS with alotta interceptions, thena corner not afraid to jam, unlike jammer always 15 yards off the WR, and a WR who can actualy get some YAC

ryry2104
01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
i was wondering if anything thinks we could get anything good for michael turner? but we would need a #2 RB sproles couldnt do it

michael turner is good ,a nd he is a good size, and i bet he could do good on either 49ers or like the ravens.

ChampCharger
02-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Although Turner is valueable, and a trade may bring in decent talent, he's almost too valueable at that #2 spot behind LT to trade.

My Free Agent Targets:

Safety -
Lance Shulters
Dexter Jackson
Chris Hope
Marlon Mcree

Wide Reciever -
Reggie Wayne
Joe Jurevicious
Brandon Lloyd
Kevin Curtis

Offensive Tackles -
Jon Runyan
Tom Ashworth
Ephraim Salaam

Corner Backs -
Terry Cousin
Ricky Manning Jr.
Nate Clements
Brian Williams
Ike Taylor
Leigh Bodden

green_tree725
03-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I would like to see us pick up;

LeCharles Bentley
Chris Hope
Steve Hutchinson
Antonio Bryant
Ty Law
Ricky Manning Jr
Drew Brees

iodude122
03-10-2006, 03:36 PM
If Rivers is the QB...I think it would be a good idea to go after Koren Robinson. I think he has made a major turn and is ready to make up for lost time. I think he is good and young, with explosive possibilities.

Check this out.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2324441

Treatment center helped Robinson get life in order
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
click this

HONOLULU -- Ten special teams players are here for Sunday evening's Pro Bowl game, split evenly between the AFC and NFC all-star squads.

Of those selected for their standout 2005 performances in the kicking part of the game, the honor is most special (literally) for Koren Robinson.

This place, with its practice field tucked inside a crater and surrounded on two sides by lush greenery, is a slice of paradise to most of the Pro Bowl participants and the family members who accompanied them. But for Robinson, it is heaven, with his football redemption hard-earned by eight months of sobriety, thousands of hours of introspection and an act of self-contrition that remains a day-to-day challenge.

“ Let's face it, I could have killed myself, and my family, my mother who means so much to me, would have spent the rest of her life mourning me. Or worse yet, I could have killed some innocent people and their families would have then suffered a great loss. Lay awake at night and think about that for a while. If that doesn't scare you, then something's wrong with you.”
—Koren Robinson

"It's not enough for me to just say I'm sorry for the things I did," said Robinson, who played for the Minnesota Vikings in 2005. "I have to basically live out the sorry part with everything I do on a daily basis. But, yeah, being here, just looking around this place, being on the field with such great players, shows me how far I've come in a very short period of time. It is like heaven to me. And it reminds me that, whatever I've done to get things turned around in my life, well, I've got to keep doing it."

Only eight months ago, released by the Seattle Seahawks following a DUI incident that confirmed rampant rumors of his recidivism, Robinson wasn't certain what he was doing. The ninth overall selection in the '01 draft, and a talented but tainted wide receiver whose four-year tenure in Seattle had been defined by moments both exquisite and excruciating, Robinson was a man without a team, without a paycheck and, seemingly, without a future in the NFL.

At the advice of family, friends and his agent, and "just about at rock bottom," the former North Carolina State star checked into a 30-day treatment center in Charleston, S.C., that specializes in alcohol addiction. Four weeks later, sober for the first time in years and clear-headed enough to realize he didn't want to squander his athletic skills and regret having wasted a career, Robinson exited as a new man.

Shortly after that, he had a new team, signing a modest contract with the Vikings after Minnesota cornerback Brian Williams, a onetime college teammate, made a pitch to then-Minnesota coach Mike Tice on his behalf. At the behest of Williams, Tice had phoned Robinson during his treatment program and told him that, if he could get clean, he would get a clean slate if the Vikings opted to sign him.

In 14 games, including five starts, Robinson caught 22 passes for 347 yards and one touchdown. But it was as a kickoff return man, a role he had never before filled for any length of time at any level of the game, that Robinson most excelled.

Having never before returned a single kickoff in the NFL, he ran back 47 kickoffs for a 26.0-yard average and one touchdown.

"He had a great season," said Tice. "On and off the field. And, for Koren, the [latter] might be even more important."

Robinson, 25, doesn't mind talking about his seven kickoff returns of 40 yards or more, including a long runback of 86 yards, and he can detail each of the big plays. What he prefers to discuss, though, is returning to an existence in which he has regained his self-respect, the love of life and his moral compass.

During his treatment, Robinson had a chance to reflect on the DUI charge to which he pleaded guilty in mid-July, with all but one day of a one-year sentence suspended. And he had long days and nights, between treatment sessions and other activities aimed at plumbing the depths of his alcohol addiction and identifying its genesis, to think about the potential ramifications.

It was, Robinson recalled, a sobering dose of chilling reality.

"Let's face it, I could have killed myself, and my family, my mother who means so much to me, would have spent the rest of her life mourning me," Robinson said. "Or worse yet, I could have killed some innocent people and their families would have then suffered a great loss. Lay awake at night and think about that for a while. If that doesn't scare you, then something's wrong with you."

Robinson insists he was scared straight and that his priorities, in order, are family, God, respect for others and regard for himself. "If I'm a better man than I am a football player, well, that's just fine," Robinson said.

At the treatment center, Robinson was befriended by another patient whom he refers to only as "Chad," a man who clearly made a profound difference in his life. Chad came from a family whose spiritual tenets included the belief that, if you fast for six days and immerse yourself in the Bible, you will have a series of dreams. A person then goes to his pastor to have the dreams interpreted.

Robinson fasted for six days, read scripture for hours on end and, indeed, had a series of dreams. The most prominent: Robinson saw himself involved in a card game. Just behind the table where he was playing with the friends was an apple that was guarded by a huge snake. In the recurring dream, every time the snake left for a while, Robinson snatched the unattended apple. In the final dream, however, the snake returned just as Robinson reached for the apple, and inflicted a painful wound.

"I don't think I needed a pastor to explain the dream," Robinson said. "I knew, after just thinking about it a little, what it meant. It was more like a nightmare. The apple was alcohol. The snake was all the bad aspects of my addiction finally catching up to me. It got to a point where, no matter how [clever] I thought I was, or how much I told myself I didn't have a problem, I couldn't avoid being bitten by it anymore. I couldn't outrun it."

Since he left the treatment center, having progressed so well during his stay that he was released two days early, Robinson hasn't experienced the dream. He hasn't had a drop of alcohol. Instead of dwelling on the past, Robinson has focused on the future. And although there is still some uncertainty surrounding his NFL future, there are no longer any fears that his career is over.

He is scheduled to be a free agent, but the Vikings, as a part of his contract, retain a right of first refusal. That means if another team signs Robinson to a deal, Minnesota can keep him by matching it. Robinson's preference is to return to the Minnesota franchise that afforded him a second chance, even though Tice has departed and the staff headed by Brad Childress is now in place.

No matter what, Robinson said, he is in a better place in life and vocation, and he is confident things will work out.

He spent last Sunday watching his former Seattle teammates in Super Bowl XL, a tough ordeal, given the regard in which he holds coach Mike Holmgren, who invested plenty of time in Robinson, and the Seahawks players he still counts as friends. Holmgren spoke quite eloquently on at least two occasions last week about his personal feelings for the one-time first-round draft choice, and said he is pleased Robinson has turned things around.

It is obvious, while watching Robinson complete the hardly taxing, half-speed drills that constitute practice here, that he remains an explosive athlete. His gliding style belies his quickness, and the Carolina Panthers staff coaching the NFC squad has been impressed by his big-play potential and work ethic.

Robinson might never return to the level of excellence he achieved in the 2002-2003 campaigns, when he averaged 71.2 receptions, 1,068 yards and scored nine touchdowns. At the same time, watching the facility with which he catches the ball and his innate athletic grace, it's easy to project him filling a bigger role than simply as a kickoff return specialist.

Then again, if that's what the rest of his career is about, Robinson can live with it.

He plans to spend the rest of this week auditioning not just his football skills, but also his life skills, trying to demonstrate to any lingering doubters that his demons have been exorcised. Asked if every day provides another temptation for him, Robinson smiled and slowly nodded, then vowed he will continue to overcome his biggest challenges.

"I know what I have to gain," Robinson said. "And, believe me, standing here and looking around at how beautiful this is and what a reward it's been for me, I definitely know what I have to lose, too."

Boltz2175
03-10-2006, 05:47 PM
OT Schaffer from the Falcons
S Lawyer Milloy
WR David Givens
C/G LeCharles Bentley

promiseland
03-10-2006, 07:30 PM
SS-
Corey Chavous
Dexter Jackson
Will Demps

CB-
Ricky Manning Jr.
Jerry Azumah
Chad Scott

OT-
Tom Ashworth
Brad Hopkins
John Runyan
Mike Willams

OG-
Stephen Neal
Steve Hutchinson (Not likely)

C-
Lecharles Bentley
Kevin Mawae

DT-
Grady Jackson
Kimo Von-Oelhoffen
Terdell Sands
Gerard Warren
Brenston Buckner

TE-
Aaron Shea
Robert Royal
Christian Fauria

WR-
Koren Robinson
Brandon Lloyd
Az-zahir hakim
David Givens
Jabar Gaffeny
Nate Burleson

Lb-
Chris Claiborne
Willie Mcginest

cstu
03-11-2006, 10:20 AM
This is from Sportsline.com. I might be reading to far into it.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Starters - LT Roman Oben (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/4035), LG Kris Dielman (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396794), C Nick Hardwick (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492953), RG Mike Goff (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12399), RT Shane Olivea (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493021). Backups - G Wes Sims (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/420922), C/G Bob Hallen (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12415), C Scott Mruczkowski (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/417402), T Leander Jordan (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187576).
Led by new coach Carl Mauck, who won't be back next year, the line didn't play as well as it did in 2004. Some of that was due to injury - Oben missed the final eight games with a foot injury - and fresh faces - Dielman supplanted Toniu Fonoti before he was traded to Minnesota. Jordan did OK, as did Olivea - nothing more. The interior of the line was beaten badly on more than one occasion. Dielman, a restricted free agent, will be back. But the team could look at upgrades, in particular, at Hardwick's and Goff's spots. None of the backups seems poised to take over starting role, so look for the Chargers to try to get better along the line through free agency and the draft.
Ridiculous if we don't sign Mawae now that Bentley is gone, cut Goff and move Hardwick to RG. Goff's $2.65M would go a long way to signing Mawae and would be a very significant upgrade to the OL.

cstu
03-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm still in favor of signing Mike Williams and see if he can develop his potential. Should be a cheap signing with a lot of upside.

nflphd
03-11-2006, 12:36 PM
S Lawyer Milloy
WR David Givens
C/G LeCharles Bentley

I like your thinkging Boltz...

-nflphd

SuperBowlBolts
03-11-2006, 12:41 PM
S Lawyer Milloy
WR David Givens
C/G LeCharles Bentley
Milloy and Givens are the only ones left on that board. Not sure if AJ is gonna look into Milloy hes looking into McCree right now. Givens would be a nice pick-up but before we even think about our wideout problems we need to fix our o-line and secondary.

KingGL
03-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Ricky Manning Jr. smaller DB , but I like the way he plays has great ball instincts and I'll take him over fletcher.
Corey Chavous- underrated ball hawk safety I would love to have. (Gone)
Antwaan Randle El- could return punts and stretch the field in the passing game.
Koren Robinson- Has some issues AJ avoids , but could be a steal this guy has the talent no doubt. (Gone)
Reggie Wayne- I really like him on our team , but he will command big bucks and AJ won't bite. (Gone)
Terrence Metcalf- Played very well this year and helped Thomas Jones have a real solid year.
Jon Runyan- Have always liked Runyan protects well and is tuff . Dont know how he is in the running game since philly never runs, but would be willing to find out.
Marlon McCree- Noticed today that this guy has pretty good coverage skills and is having a nice year could be had for depth and would probably compete for a starting job. Would most likely be a cheap pick up that AJ goes for.
John St Clair- Another Bears OL that could be had for depth. Does not get to play backing up Tait though. We do need cheap depth though.

I still want these guys.......McCree get him signed....

hoopdreams
03-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I want Chris Hope as a FS. We can draft O line.

jwrzeski
03-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I want Chris Hope as a FS. We can draft O line.
We need o-line help now (this year) We need to get one or two through FA and they can step right in and help

hoopdreams
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
We need o-line help now (this year) We need to get one or two through FA and they can step right in and help

I agree with you but AJ isn't going to come through. If we get one impact player I will be amazed, and if we get two I might go into shock.

KingGL
03-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Corey Chavous- underrated ball hawk safety I would love to have.
Koren Robinson- Has some issues AJ avoids , but could be a steal this guy has the talent no doubt.
Reggie Wayne- I really like him on our team , but he will command big bucks and AJ won't bite.

Haha called that one back in January....... ;)