Terry Cousin UFA Jaguars
Terry Fair UFA Rams
Tony Beckham UFA Titans
Torrie Cox RFA Buccaneers
Will Allen UFA Giants
Willie Middlebrooks UFA 49ers

wikimama
01-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Give me a vetran like Jerry Azumah,Deshea Townsend, or Sam Madison when he is cut.

guimcharger
01-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't disagree with signing a vet but I don't think it is a priority. Safety is more important.

broncosgc
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
...i hope you all don't get nate clements....he's real

matt bolts99
01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
:Bolt: i'll take Deshea Townsend, Jerry Azuma, Ricky Manning, and Will Allen Please...anyone of these guys would help our secondary.:Bolt:

Tomlinson21
01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't disagree with signing a vet but I don't think it is a priority. Safety is more important.
I created a thread on that not too long ago...I think it's somewhere in this Forum...I'll try and find it.

thehotdelancey
01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Chad Scott UFA Patriots
Charles Woodson UFA Raiders
DeShea Townsend UFA Steelers
Leigh Bodden RFA Browns
Nate Clements UFA Bills
Ricky Manning RFA Panthers

These are the ones that kinda jump out at me....Leigh Boddens my fav...

hambone
01-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Chad Scott UFA Patriots
Charles Woodson UFA Raiders
DeShea Townsend UFA Steelers
Leigh Bodden RFA Browns
Nate Clements UFA Bills
Ricky Manning RFA Panthers

These are the ones that kinda jump out at me....Leigh Boddens my fav...

Hill from raiders, if its the guy from cardinals check his stats and him play he's very good and underrated he played under duane starks in arizona i wouldnt mind him

IgorUnchained
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
R.W. McQuarters UFA Lions

Of all the names on that list, this one sticks out the most. Mcquarters got hurt and never really got his starting job back. I think he was the Lions nickelback for most of last year.

I think his price would be right. His coverage skills are great, but he isnt a real tough guy (OK he is kind of soft)....but as I have been saying, we have good tacklers and good run stoppers.

Mcquarters would make a great FS IMO. He has the size and the speed, and I'm sure he would be more than happy to get off of Detroit's 3rd string to get a first string job (even if it is FS). Mcquarters can also run punts back....which would be nice since the Bolts had KMac doing it by the end of the season!

Manning and Clements would be nice, but there is the issue of price. I would still rather see a veteran back there....and I mean veteran leader when I say that.
Go through that list and think to yourself "Which of these guys is a major upgrade over Jammer and DFlo?".
Not really all that many IMO....I would sign that Fletcher guy though! I hear he is good.

REDZONEFOOTBALL
01-06-2006, 09:09 PM

Thats the #1 guy I saw on there too.....

Returns kicks too :-)

HeadTrip
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Jerry Azuma jumps out at me. He is the #1 CB on the #1 defense in football. This guy has game, and I think a secondary of QJ, Azuma and a new SS would be formidable. Dflo did absolutely nothing impressive this year, and Davis has been an underacheiver his whole career.

Lyi
01-07-2006, 01:43 AM
i'd love to see charles woodson on the chargers. maybe he will regain his heart and will to play like how he did in his early seasons. when i view the raiders, its like the yankees...they overpay their players and make them play for money rather then love.

charles woodson is my favorite cornerback in the nfl, i'd love to see him on the chargers.

Ironman56
01-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm Hearing rumors that Ty Law is going to be a Free Agent, I think that he would be great for our team.

Podium
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Couple names that haven't been mentioned. Tony Beckham from TEN and Dale Carter from BAL (if someone thinks they can get him focused).

fregon
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM
:Bolt: i'll take Deshea Townsend, Jerry Azuma, Ricky Manning, and Will Allen Please...anyone of these guys would help our secondary.:Bolt:

I will add C Woodson from the Faiders to that list... I'm a little leary of Nate... he seems to play good on and off.

smlman2
01-11-2006, 11:04 AM
out of this list i like nate clements , R. W. McQuarters, Juran Bolden, and jerry azumah as possible candidates... clements is a veteran as well as all these guys right here but i like mcquarter's abilities and azumah is a top corner on the top defense and we have a deadly front seven to take the pressure of any of these guys and juran bolden is a big guy at 6'3 that could help us cover randy twice a year and hes not just big hes good...

i dont liek c woodson as a possibility for our team. i just dont... its not that hes a raider or anything i just dotn see him fitting in here as nicely as these others

LarryAW
01-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I am trying to figure out why two of you guys like McQuarters.

I'm not a fantasy guy, so I don't follow every player in the league on a regular basis, but I do subscribe to sports sites and scouting reports so the info is available, especially for times like the upcoming draft and free agency. One grades him as an adequate (less than good) back-up, and the other knocks him for his lack of commitment.

I can't give you the full reports because I pay extra for these at each site (both sites are major sports' only sites). Not surprisingly, our own loved ;) Leander Jordan is knocked for his commitment, and one of the reports says he is simply filling out the roster. They are both right on that.

While I would give you guys extra points for being Chargers' fans, I would have to go with the major scouting reports from people who grade players for a living. You may be right. We'll see what A.J. does.

fregon
01-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I am trying to figure out why two of you guys like McQuarters.

I'm not a fantasy guy, so I don't follow every player in the league on a regular basis, but I do subscribe to sports sites and scouting reports so the info is available, especially for times like the upcoming draft and free agency. One grades him as an adequate (less than good) back-up, and the other knocks him for his lack of commitment.

I can't give you the full reports because I pay extra for these at each site (both sites are major sports' only sites). Not surprisingly, our own loved ;) Leander Jordan is knocked for his commitment, and one of the reports says he is simply filling out the roster. They are both right on that.

While I would give you guys extra points for being Chargers' fans, I would have to go with the major scouting reports from people who grade players for a living. You may be right. We'll see what A.J. does.

Hey Larry... what sites do you subscribe to?

fastbolt19
01-11-2006, 03:21 PM
none seem that great let's stick with QJ

fastbolt19
01-11-2006, 03:27 PM
ty law would be good

fregon
01-11-2006, 03:38 PM
ty law would be good

Why do some people bring up the name Ty Law? He just signed with the Jets last year for a nice price.

ryry2104
01-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Ike Taylor had 91 takcles this year, which fo a corner is very good and an interception

Dojo
01-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Why do some people bring up the name Ty Law? He just signed with the Jets last year for a nice price.
he was looked at as a one year fix with the option to return. He had a great year but I'm not sure if Ty is going to want to return to the Jets after all this crap that's going on there, not many are going to want to.

ltinabottle
01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Ike Taylor- Impressive covering a bummed out Chad Johnson during the playoffs. Physical and fast. He looks like a keeper.

Ricky Manning- I actually prefer his side kick...Chris ? who mans the other corner. He is underrated but great anticipation and speed. Ricky has Super bowl experience, quick to the ball and makes plays.

Jerry Azumah- part of Chicago's tough defense. Definitely worth a look see.

Charles Woodson- great talent but seems to be lacking in heart. I think the pat losing seasons is really affecting is attitude. He knows the Raiders and if anything can provide insight during Raider week.

Ty Law- best years are behind and just too expensive. Besides, I like to continue to see him getting juked by LT for the last few years of his career.

If anything, we could use a strong safety to provide support for the long passes and a deterrent for over the middle routes. Rodney Harrison is defintiely missed.

Go Bolts:Bolt:

smlman2
01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
yeah i dont know where you gusy are getting ty law from... the list was provided for you and hes not on it lol... but again i would liek to see juran bolden and nate clements here next year

BoltsfanNYC
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
TY LAW will be released he is due 9 mil from the jets who are 30 mil over cap!

LarryAW
01-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey Larry... what sites do you subscribe to?

Currently, just the ESPN.com Insider (which is inexpensive) and the War Room (also inexpensive) at The Sporting News. Nothing big time, because I don't gamble and I don't get into Fantasy League. I'm retired with some pain-in-the-butt stuff, so it would be really hard for me to keep track of Fantasy Leagues. If I was up to it, though, I would. The "brief" to say the least comments came from the Insider and the War Room. Since it's pay, I didn't want to breach ethics and list much.

I enjoy the draft a lot and I'm enjoying following current NFL players most closely, so I'll add some other sites in the near future. I'm thinking the sites that track football only will be more thorough, so I'm going to check out some of the sites listed in the "Our favorite sites" thread. If I find a really good site that's not already listed, I'll list it there.

For all I know, McQuarters could be a great addition. I have no doubt A.J. will know, and he's the guy that counts.

take care,

Larry

broncossuck7
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
just draft a CB. We need a OT

TJ21
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Someone GOOD to relieve QJ...

If we got Nate Clemens or Charles Woodson, AJ would be da boss. I would call him "da boss." :confused: :Beer:

edbeck1
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Jamar Fletcher has not been given the proper chance to show the skills that allowed him to win the Jim Thorpe award when he was a Wisconsin Star. Coaches should play Fletcher and hitch their wagons to the human comet named Jamar.

edbeck1
01-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Chargers go to war with Jamar! I hope the San Diego thinkers utilize the explosive Jamar Fletcher.

BoltsfanNYC
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Jammer should become a S- and we should draft CB and sign one secondary member via FA

IgorUnchained
01-17-2006, 04:03 PM
he was looked at as a one year fix with the option to return. He had a great year but I'm not sure if Ty is going to want to return to the Jets after all this crap that's going on there, not many are going to want to.

Patriots | Law an option during offseason?
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:17:47 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots could look to re-sign CB Ty Law (Jets) during the offseason.

Patriots | Poole unlikely to return
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:17:26 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots CB Tyrone Poole will likely be let go during the offseason.

Patriots | Starks unlikely to return
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:17:02 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots CB Duane Starks is unlikely to remain with the team in 2006.

How many INTs did Ty Law have this season on a bum wheel? How many did the Chargers secondary have combined?

That is some easy math fellas....cmon.

SuperBowlBolts
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Jammer should become a S- and we should draft CB and sign one secondary member via FA
yeah!!! lets get another young guy running in our secondary. Jammer has already said he doesnt want to play safety. Even though i do believe he would make a good safety hes coming around as a CB. Hes our best CB. He just needs to learn how to hang on INTs.

CBO
01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
If let go I wouldn't mind having Law for a year or two. But I think he will demand alot of $$$

charger lover
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM

I don't know why everyone thinks this guy would be an upgrade. I seem to recall him being beaten by Chargers recievers all game long.

nflphd
01-17-2006, 10:39 PM
1. Nate Clements, Buffalo, 102 Tackles, 2 Interceptions, 3 Forced Fumbles, 13 passes defensed.
2. R.W. McQuarters, Detroit, 57 Tackles, 2 Interceptions, 11 Passes Defensed
3. Terry Cousins, Jaguars, 46 Tackles, 4 Interceptions, 8 Passes Defensed

BoltsfanNYC
01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
nate numbers better than anything we had...

BCBoltFan
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
1. Nate Clements, Buffalo, 102 Tackles, 2 Interceptions, 3 Forced Fumbles, 13 passes defensed.
2. R.W. McQuarters, Detroit, 57 Tackles, 2 Interceptions, 11 Passes Defensed
3. Terry Cousins, Jaguars, 46 Tackles, 4 Interceptions, 8 Passes Defensed
Clements according to nfl.com 99 tackles, 11 PD

Brian Williams, Minn. 47 tackles, 4 Int.,1 sack, 5 PD, 2 FF...playing behind Fred Smoot

hoopdreams
01-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Clements is a total stud. With him on the right side and jammer on the left our corners would be set for years. Then pick up a free safety out of the draft and our D is good to go. The same run stopping power with a secondary to go with it.

togusahideo
01-18-2006, 09:12 AM
first of all the chargers have darn good recievers, so of course ty would struggle a lil facing gates and company. second this guy knows what it takes to get it done in the playoffs and i guarantee he will have even more int's than he had this year, i believe ty law can be an on field coach. move jammer to free safety and bring in darnell bing for that extra pop @ strong safety and make hart,kiel and jue battle for those positions.
but the largest problem is our left tackle and guard woes i love all our lineman (although i am pissed at leander jordan for not protecting his quarterback's back). that could cost him his job.an di really love our guards but i gotta be honest and say that they have to pick it up in the running game they should have ensured that LT would get his 2200 yards like he said. also, cam cameron WTH dude!? why are you interviewing with other teams that shows that u don't have faith in our program and that's a lil hurtfull. o yeah and marty, when we need to be feeding our mvp and workhorse u need to feed him and michael too! if we'd have given him at least a chance to mix it up in kc we might have had a chance. why do we keep starving him LT would not mind he wants the win also.

togusahideo
01-18-2006, 09:26 AM
ty law
mc quarters
cousin
clements
the bottom line is we need a champiionship secondary look at the broncos,steelers and panthers and seahawks have playmakers too.

togusahideo
01-18-2006, 09:29 AM
if the faiders are dumb enuff to get rid of woodson come right on down the coast baby! PCH southbound!! LOL

togusahideo
01-18-2006, 09:34 AM
i luv j.fletcher but he was a lil suspect at times in the run game however i do feel he and dray were the two playing the hardest at CB. move jammer to safety he peeks in the damm backfield too too much.

makav3li
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
but fletcher was the first cb to get an interception this year in the game we should have won. marty had to go for the stupid field goal

HighBoltage
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Anyone know when Rodney Harrison becomes a FA? I would LOVE to see him back in blue and gold. Can you see RH, Merriman, Castillo, Williams, etc. back there sticking it to offenses? I could only imagine.........

Also, I'm looking for a pic of Harrison clocking Jerry Rice in that game against the Raiders. Links?

BCBoltFan
01-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Anyone know when Rodney Harrison becomes a FA? I would LOVE to see him back in blue and gold. Can you see RH, Merriman, Castillo, Williams, etc. back there sticking it to offenses? I could only imagine.........

Also, I'm looking for a pic of Harrison clocking Jerry Rice in that game against the Raiders. Links?
Here ya are Bolt bro! :Helmet:
Momma said knock you out! (http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/Harrison-Rice-Hit.gif)

SanDiegoRon
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
is there any consensus here as to who would be a legitimate addition to the Bolts secondary...

IMO, its not a particularly strong CB draft... each has their own blemishes...
wonder if Antonio Cromartie can fully recover his speed to be effective...

SuperBowlBolts
01-18-2006, 04:11 PM
yeah lets draft a safety and a cb so we can have more young guys running around in our secondary. i would much rather get some vets.

CBO
01-18-2006, 04:12 PM
What would you guys think about Charles Woodson or Ricky Manning?

HighBoltage
01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Here ya are Bolt bro! :Helmet:
Momma said knock you out! (http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/Harrison-Rice-Hit.gif)

Thank you! That is such a beautiful play. We need another playmaking DB like RH. Is there a still picture of that hit rather than a clip?

chango316
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Thank you! That is such a beautiful play. We need another playmaking DB like RH. Is there a still picture of that hit rather than a clip?

That almost brought a tear to my eyes!!!!!!!

BoltsfanNYC
01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Get us a real COver corner and a SS or A BIG TIME PLAYMAKER!!!

kingporterblood
01-19-2006, 10:48 AM
I like C Woodson

CBO
01-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I would like Woodson but I wounder how much $$ he will be asking for and if AJ will be willing to give it out?

BoltsfanNYC
01-19-2006, 12:34 PM
how is woodsons attitude remember AJ will trade or drop anyone with bad Attitude. which is why we gave away a good guard in fonoti... for a 7t rd pick... minn scrood us by not playing him in another game so it wouldnt be a 6th!

jtzsd43
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Only BCBoltFan has mentioned his name, but I think Minnesota Vikings FA CB Brian Williams would make an excellent pick up for the Chargers. As a member of #2 ranked defense for INT's in 2005, he recorded 4 INT's, 35 tackles and 5 passes defensed even though he played behind all pro CB's Antoine Winfield and Fred Smoot. His best season was in 2003, a season just before Winfield was picked up by the Vikings, where he recorded 5 INT's, 61 tackles, 11 passes defensed and a TD. Williams is in his 4th season as a pro which means he's past the learning age of a CB (Takes about 3 seasons for a CB to really shine) but is still young enough and has enough upside for years to come. He's completely under the radar which is what AJ tends to like about his FA's.

CBO
01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Williams and Rickey Manning would be the mostlikely to be brought in for the reason you said. Young(3-4years in the league) not top names. I think Either would be a good addition. I think we might lose Fletcher because he wants to start and we should let Davis go.

jtzsd43
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Manning would be another great addition. He was stellar the season the Panthers went to the superbowl. I see Fletcher leaving as well.

chrisx448
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
how about we bring in ike taylor, will allen, or Leigh bodden?

ike taylor is awesome, is that the dude that was shutting us down at CB? im pretty sure it was, and hes ripped

CBO
01-19-2006, 05:41 PM
All I saw of Bodden was him holding Chad Johnson the last drive of there game and Cincy drove down the feild an won. I think it was week 14.

jtzsd43
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Ike Taylor would be another great pickup. He only had 1 INT on the season but his 24 passes defensed was 2nd in the league behind Sheldon Brown who had 25. He also accumulated 75 tackles which for a CB is pretty darn good.

nflphd
01-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Ike Taylor would be another great pickup. He only had 1 INT on the season but his 24 passes defensed was 2nd in the league behind Sheldon Brown who had 25. He also accumulated 75 tackles which for a CB is pretty darn good.

Yeah those are some great numbers!

edbeck1
01-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I have inside information about how Fletcher came up through the ranks. He was raised with good morals and possesses a personal constitution made of steel. If the Chargers give Fletcher more playing time he will develop unbeatable rhythm and make San Diego land of the CB.

IgorUnchained
01-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I have inside information about how Fletcher came up through the ranks. He was raised with good morals and possesses a personal constitution made of steel. If the Chargers give Fletcher more playing time he will develop unbeatable rhythm and make San Diego land of the CB.

I have no inside info, but I think Fletcher is the best coverage guy we have at the CB position. He doesnt have the size of Dflo or Jammer, but he reacts to the ball well and has some quick reflexes. I would like to see Jamar get another shot on the Bolts roster.

Here are a few DBs from the Ravens to consider for FA. Probably "too much money", but the skill is there!

Ravens | McAlister might not be with team for 2006 season
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:05:15 -0800

Mike Preston, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick recently warned team officials that CB Chris McAlister might not be with the team for the 2006 season. McAlister has five years left on his contract worth $36 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus in October of 2004 and another $7.5 million during the spring of 2005.

Ravens | Demps not likely to return to team
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:04:55 -0800

Mike Preston, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens S Will Demps will not likely be re-signed by the team for the 2006 season.

(KFFL)

loweezy
01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
For those of you who like azumah from the bears... he actually sits behind vasher/tillman now on the depth chart, and from what i've read, he'll likely stay on the bears unless he can get a starting job somewhere (which some experts questioned)...

--------

Jammer actually commented about the possibility of being a safety. He said that he'd move to safety because he's a team player, but no chargers officials have ever brought that up to him. Only fan speculation.

I like our corners... but i think we could use an upgrade with florence... i think our #1 corner should be a lock... jammer only had 1 pick, but he also had 17 pass deflections in 2k5. I think he was the most improved charger in the second half of the season. If we can upgrade our corners with someone better than jammer, then even better. He'd be a lockdown #2. Clements/Law/I. Taylor would be my choices.

I think the main thing the chargers need in their secondary is a veteran leader. If it weren't for his ego, and money, i think law would be a great veteran to have as a safety.. as many veterans do transition over to that position from corner as they get older... i wouldn't be opposed to signing law for the right price for corner, and move him over to safety as he ages...

Jamar Fletcher is a good nickel...

Jue had a great start with us, kind of tapered off late in the season... but new system, i'd give him another shot...

Strong Safety or Corner upgrade is what i'd look for. (Veterans)

If we look towards the draft to fill some of these positions...

Jimmy Williams/Ko Simpson/Darnell Bing are all worthy...

i'm kind of leary on texas dbs... but i think huff is still the top db in the draft outside of jimmy williams

CBO
01-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I think the main thing the chargers need in their secondary is a veteran leader. If it weren't for his ego, and money, i think law would be a great veteran to have as a safety.. as many veterans do transition over to that position from corner as they get older... i wouldn't be opposed to signing law for the right price for corner, and move him over to safety as he ages...

I was hoping last year we would take a look at Law. But with the Jets now hiring Mangini I have been hearing that Law would be willing to redo his contract and stay in NY. I would still like to have him in SD.

loweezy
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
yah... i've heard something similar regarding law... so he might be out of the question.

BoltsfanNYC
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Jets have these contracts to deal with... fabini-law-mawae-abraham-pennington- and are 29 over the cap!! that is million!!! LOL
If we could get mawae... for a good price I think he could help us... Law on the other hand plays centerfield in covereage.. and he makes plays but he gives up a Pass interferance every game and holds and HAS MAD EGO!!! not AJ type guy... Clements... or tank williams..

edbeck1
01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I am mad at Marty. He has punished Fletcher to severely for making angry remarks to the press concerning his lack of playing time. Marty needs to keep his ego in check and make sure that Fletcher does not get away. Fletcher will surely find another team to play for, so why let him use his great talents to beat the Chargers. Come on Marty keep the Winners.

CBO
01-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I am mad at Marty. He has punished Fletcher to severely for making angry remarks to the press concerning his lack of playing time. Marty needs to keep his ego in check and make sure that Fletcher does not get away. Fletcher will surely find another team to play for, so why let him use his great talents to beat the Chargers. Come on Marty keep the Winners.

Its not Martys call who stays and goes it is AJ's. Marty could have played him more over Davis though.

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Flecther will stay and davis gone! Charles Woodson will be sign be our number 2 cb and we will pick up a safety in the draft!

laschwa
01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
nate clements' stats would be better but their team did crap this year.

no pass rush, no LBs (spikes was hurt and london fletcher is over the hill) , and no offense.

he would be great on SD

teilman
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
The is the best "forgotten" corner in the league. Even with compensation he'd be a steal. Everyone says he's too short, BUT, he's known for his toughness, a great team player, has an injury-free history in college and in the league, and he's one of those guys that does things the right way; he's at practice every day, works hard, is a leader, and a great locker room presence.

Started for Carolina for two years, had the big NFC championship game (with 3 picks) that got Carolina into the Super Bowl. Carolina decided they wanted a taller corner (Lucas) and it worked out great for them. Basically, they had best 3 corners on one team (some publications correctly pointed this out).

Some of these so-called top corners come with baggage (injuries, suspect character, work ethic, etc. etc.) I think we get a "character" guy who has proven to be a big time playoff performer.

Redjaw
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
This is a list of the corners avalible

1. Nate Clements (U) - Buffalo
2. Charles Woodson (U) - Oakland
3. Roderick Hood (R) - Philadelphia
4. Lenny Walls (U) - Oakland
5. Jerry Azumah (U) - Chicago
6. Will Allen (U) - NY Giants
7. Ricky Manning Jr. (R) - Carolina
8. Brian Williams (U) - Minnesota
9. Deshea Townsend (U) - Pittsburgh
10. Torrie Cox (R) - Tampa Bay
11. R.W. McQuarters (U) - Detroit
12. Ray Mickens (U) - Cleveland
13. Andre' Goodman (U) - Detroit
14. Terry Fair (U) - St. Louis
15. Ashley Ambrose (U) - Kansas City
16. Renaldo Hill (U) - Oakland
17. Terry Cousin (U) - Jacksonville
18. Jamar Fletcher (U) - San Diego
19. Kiwaukee Thomas (U) - Miami
20. Rashad Bauman (U) - Cincinnati
21. Deion Sanders (U) - Baltimore
22. Ralph Brown (U) - Minnesota
23. Corey Ivy (U) - St. Louis
24. Robert Tate (U) - Arizona
25. Jimmy Williams (U) - Seattle
26. Kevin Thomas (U) - Buffalo
27. Frank Walker (R) - NY Giants
28. Kenny Wright (U) - Jacksonville
29. Fakhir Brown (U) - New Orleans
30. Juran Bolden (U) - Tampa Bay
31. Ike Taylor (R) - Pittsburgh
32. Chris Cash (U) - Atlanta
33. Hank Poteat (U) - New England
34. Leigh Bodden (R) - Cleveland (re-signed)
35. Dale Carter (U) - Baltimore
36. Chris Johnson (R) - St. Louis
37. Dante Wesley (U) - Carolina
38. Tony Beckham (U) - Tennessee
39. Raymond Walls (U) - Arizona
40. Jason Bell (U) - Houston
41. Chad Scott (U) - New England
42. Ade Jimoh (R) - Washington
43. DeJuan Groce (R) - St. Louis

This is from
Football.about.com

baddass4444
02-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Ty Law - DB - Jets

Ty Law will not be a Jet in 2006.
"We've mutually agreed to part ways," Law's agent, Carl Poston, told The Star-Ledger last night from Hawaii, site of the Pro Bowl. "There's no ill feelings. Ty had a great year. He enjoyed it there. He held up his end of the bargain." This makes the quality of available cornerbacks this offseason rise markedly. Feb. 15 - 11:01 am et
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Just grabbed that off Rotoworld.com
What u guys think???

BoltsfanNYC
02-15-2006, 10:40 AM
1. Nate Clements (U) - Buffalo
2. Charles Woodson (U) - Oakland if healthy!!!***************
3. Roderick Hood (R) - Philadelphia
4. Lenny Walls (U) - Oakland
5. Jerry Azumah (U) - Chicago
add here ty law any of these guys will be a good upgrade for us...

bolts4ever21
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I think that Charles Woodson would be a good fit. Although I truly have no respect for the Faider Nation... they do have some talent on that team. They can't work well together because the team is being ran by the owner. But Woodson is a stud. He just needs a change of scenery. Jammer and Woodson in 06'

loweezy
02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
wouldn't mind will allen either

BoltsfanNYC
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I live here in NY allen sucks!

JoeMcRugby
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Games played, INTs and passes defended by Charles Woodson over the past four seasons:

2002: 8 games, 1 INT, 4 passes defended
2003: 15 games, 3 INT, 8 passes defended
2004: 13 games, 1 INT, 9 passes defended
2005: 6 games, 1 INT, 4 passes defended

And don't forget, the games played don't count the multiple games that Woodson has played at far less than 100% due to his numerous injuries.

In comparison, here are "horrible" Quentin Jammer's stats over the past four years (and remember, Jammer missed the first 2 games of his career due to not signing his rookie contract until the start of the NFL season):

2002: 14 games, 0 INT, 10 passes defended
2003: 16 games, 4 INT, 13 passes defended
2004: 16 games, 1 INT, 10 passes defended
2005: 16 games, 1 INT, 19 passes defended

Sounds like a very wise investment of a large percentage of cap space to me. Who needs o-linemen, a safety and another ILB when you can spend it on a CB who has spent a huge chunk of the last four seasons in the trainer's room?

KYChargersFan21
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Quentin Jammer is finally coming out of his shell and is starting to be a contributor now florence could be good but to many penalties he practically cost us the PITT game so id move him to nickle cb and release sammy davis and make a run at a young nate clements. Then in the draft look at our issues like safety and draft ko simpson in the first round and greg blue in the 3rd.

BoltsfanNYC
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
OK jammer is ok... BUT we need a playmaking SAFETY!!! and ILB and T-G-C!!
u dig ? :)

KYChargersFan21
02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
[quote=BoltsfanNYC]OK jammer is ok... BUT we need a playmaking SAFETY!!! and ILB and T-G-C!!

Yes i dig that why i said draft ko simpson and greg blue..........and get nate clements
u dig ?

poon
02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
2006: 10 ints, 62 tackles, 8 passes def

bolts4ever21
02-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a very wise investment of a large percentage of cap space to me. Who needs o-linemen, a safety and another ILB when you can spend it on a CB who has spent a huge chunk of the last four seasons in the trainer's room?

If you played for the Raiders you could understand why he would miss a game here and there. Do you really think that all the players in training room on a losing team are really hurt? Just there feelings are hurt. From being on a winning team and now playing for a losing team (woodson). And the way that the organization has treated him over the past few years.
You give him a change of scenery. Get him on a team with a winning attitude...because that is what the Chargers have become. And you will see a CB who will be fighting to stay out of the trainers room.

And on a side note... yes we do have more pressing issues than CB.

JoeMcRugby
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
If you played for the Raiders you could understand why he would miss a game here and there. Do you really think that all the players in training room on a losing team are really hurt? Just there feelings are hurt. From being on a winning team and now playing for a losing team (woodson). And the way that the organization has treated him over the past few years.
You give him a change of scenery. Get him on a team with a winning attitude...because that is what the Chargers have become. And you will see a CB who will be fighting to stay out of the trainers room.

And on a side note... yes we do have more pressing issues than CB.
A game here or there? He missed half of the Raiders Super Bowl season and ten games this season.

The way the organization has treated him? Poor Charles, only one of the top paid players at any position in the NFL the last two years. No wonder he took games off. :rolleyes:

As for understanding a player missing games because he's playing for a losing team while being paid nearly $10 million for the season? If that were true, keep Woodson even further away from the Chargers than if the case were that he is injury prone. :mad:

As for "seeing his skills"? Those "skills" were last on display in 2001 - an eternity in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Talk about a horrible teammate (if true). Ugh!!

KYChargersFan21
02-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Why does everyone have their mind set on getting Charles Woodson hes old, injury prone, and he isnt all that great. We need sum1 who could last us a while sum1 like ty law or nate clements. Clements especially but ty law would do fine. Ty Law has done said he isnt goin to be a jet next year but Clements might resign but i still think we should take a run a clements first unless he resigns with buffalo.........if so we should go after ty law.

bolts4ever21
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Being that I am in the Bay Area.. or as the gansta's like to say, "The Yay Area". All you have to do is go out on a Friday or Saturday and you would see Woodson at a club. Nothing wrong with him and yet you don't see him play on Sunday. And yeah he got paid a lot, but that wasn't what he was looking for from the organization. The money is great, but when you have a lot of it, there are other things like winning that become more important.

JoeMcRugby
02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Being that I am in the Bay Area.. or as the gansta's like to say, "The Yay Area". All you have to do is go out on a Friday or Saturday and you would see Woodson at a club. Nothing wrong with him and yet you don't see him play on Sunday. And yeah he got paid a lot, but that wasn't what he was looking for from the organization. The money is great, but when you have a lot of it, there are other things like winning that become more important.

Sounds like the definition of a guy AJ wants for the Chargers organization.

[Paraphrasing AJ]: "In the past, we've made mistakes by putting too much emphasis on athletic ability and not enough of character. Those days are over."

A guy who will only play if the team is going well and will go in the tank when things go badly? High character guy in my book!

edbeck1
02-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Fletcher has great character and great athletic ability. My vote still goes to Jamar Fletcher.

Mikkel
02-19-2006, 10:56 AM
New York post reports that the bills are probably going to franchise tag Nate Clements.

Boltz2175
02-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Just so everybody knows....deion sanders is gonna retire...anyway my pick out of those Corners would most like be R.W. McQuarters...or...Nate Clements...or...Will Allen.

BoltsfanNYC
02-19-2006, 11:25 AM
clements tank williams. and ty... will demps

charge'em
02-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Ike Taylor. You guys have to check this dude out...he is sick. look at who he matched up against man-to-man in the playoffs: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith, and Darrell Jackson. The outcome? 0 TD and 2 INT. Not just that, but I looked around and this guy had over 90 tackles and led the league in passes broken up. Plus, he is only 25 and has never missed a game due to injury! Oh, and did I mention that he has a Super Bowl ring? What are we waiting for!!!???

DORIAN MILLS
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Sounds Like A Winner

goswan34
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
brian williams, ike taylor, nate clements, ricky manning, jerry azumah, will allen, ty law

def not gonna b able 2 get law or clements cuz they're gonna get offered a lot of money n ajs not gonna spend 2 much same reason we probly won't get manning or taylor n I just don't see us getting the other guys cuz they don't fit in tho these r the only real fa's worth the money and legitimate starters I see aj maybe picking up a fa cb just as a role player and trying yet again to fill the spot thru the draft the problem is u gotta spend to get a good cb and ajs not willing to do that also I think aj is going to focus on stregthening the safety spot more

Kevn118
03-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Charles Woodson needs to get scooped up becuz Jammer played safety in college, Woodson or Jammer can play opposite drayton florence an the othe play safety win win

Chargeroo
03-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I'd be happy as a clam if they signed Andre Dyson - the Seahawks released him for Cap reasons and he's a darn good Corner. He had several good season with the Titans. If he's healthy again, he'd be an excellent addition.

JoeMcRugby
03-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Charles Woodson needs to get scooped up becuz Jammer played safety in college, Woodson or Jammer can play opposite drayton florence an the othe play safety win win

Quentin Jammer played one season as a safety in college.

In his junior and senior seasons, he was an All American cornerback.

Now that he's finally found his groove at CB, I don't think it would be very smart to move him. :Bolt:

Dante#1fan
03-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I Think That Anybody With Several Season In The League That Produce At All The Team He Left And As Well He Has To Be Health Should Have A Chance To Be Sign Like The Safety They Sign Marlon Mccee Or What Ever Is Last Name Is

Laff7
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Woodson or Law would be great pick ups maybe not for longterm but hell this team needs to win now so they could really help us now with are turnover situation

LTisMyHero
03-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Jammer found his groove?

"How Jammer got his Groove Back" sounds like a good movie title

bolts4ever21
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Jammer and Woodson starting DB's in 06. Jammer and Woodson starting Safeties in 08. That's how we're doin it.

JoeMcRugby
03-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Jammer and Woodson starting DB's in 06. Jammer and Woodson starting Safeties in 08. That's how we're doin it.

If you want to see Woodson's future in the NFL, check it out:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/popupCartoon.php?movie=2006archive/sale.swf

Funny, but true. :Bolt:

bolts4ever21
03-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes, Joe, I understand you think Woodson is garbage. But he is better than all of our DB's except for Jammer. He is good against the run and hit harder than Florance and never mind mentioning Davis...

But we shall see.

Funny thing about that cartoon is that I want Arrington too. And if we can't get him, I would like to take a look at Peterson... I don't want him unless he can show some of that explosive starts off the ball like a couple of years ago. So I guess, I hope AJ has a good rappore with the Potsons (sp?)

Chargeroo
03-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Woodson has missed 22 games in the past four years. He's thirty years old now so you have to wonder if that trend of missing games is going to get worse as he gets older - and he wants a big payday. When he's healthy he's very good but he sure hasn't been healthy much in recent years. if AJ wouldn't take the risk on Brees, I doubt he'd take the risk on Woodson.

BoltsfanNYC
03-21-2006, 12:48 AM
I like ty law too, but at his age... wait a sec... we said the same thing with..harrison, and lynch...hmmm this age thing is killing us!

Chargeroo
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I like ty law too, but at his age... wait a sec... we said the same thing with..harrison, and lynch...hmmm this age thing is killing us! LOL, that's true. Actually, our own Jamar Fletcher is one of the better Corners available but we all talk about wanting others.

bolts4ever21
03-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Woodson has missed 22 games in the past four years. He's thirty years old now so you have to wonder if that trend of missing games is going to get worse as he gets older - and he wants a big payday. When he's healthy he's very good but he sure hasn't been healthy much in recent years. if AJ wouldn't take the risk on Brees, I doubt he'd take the risk on Woodson.

Yes, he has been plagued with injuries. I also think that the longer he is unsigned, the cheaper he will be. Remember, if he has lost a step, he has played some safety in Oakland. I don't want him if he is going to cost much. I just think he is better than our other DB's, except for Jammer.

loweezy
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
he actually played safety... because teams weren't throwing his way... so they thought they'd give him more opportunities to make a play...

nonetheless, i don't think he's a "charger" type player... that fits aj's mold

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 10:40 AM
he actually played safety... because teams weren't throwing his way... so they thought they'd give him more opportunities to make a play...
I thought the reason why they switched him to safety was because the Raiders drafted CBs in the first and second rounds of the 2005 draft. :confused:

I wasn't aware that the switch was done because teams weren't throwing his way. And if it was, it certainly backfired as Woodson only had 4 passes defensed in 6 games as a safety in 2005 after having 9 passes defensed as a CB in 12 games in 2004.

BoltsfanNYC
03-21-2006, 10:43 AM
hmmm good player but he is made of glass!

Tomlinson21
03-21-2006, 10:44 AM
anyone know what the status is on Charles Woodson??? I always wondered what was up with that guy.

BoltsfanNYC
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
unsigned just like RUNYAN... who should be on our wish list!

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 10:50 AM
anyone know what the status is on Charles Woodson??? I always wondered what was up with that guy.

He's missed 14 games in the past two seasons.

The Postons are looking for one last big payday for the guy who has only once had more than 1 INT in a season in the last five seasons (when he had 3 INTs in 2003) and has not broken into double figures in passes defensed since the 2001 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1442

Still a solid CB, but nowhere close to being worth the money that the Postons are seeking. :Bolt:

Da...Boltz
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
If either Woodson or Law plays the way they are capable of, they are worth 7 or 8 mill a year. If AJ could get either to sign an incentive based contract, one that would get them their money as long as they played, I think it would be worth it. I would prefer Law, becasue I think his knowledge of the position would help our younger corners. I think part of the problem with Jammer, Davis and Florence, is they have not really had a solid veteran presence in the secondary, to kind of help them along. How much better woud they have become had they had Harrison back there to help mold and shape them?

Al "T.D." Bundy
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Ike Taylor. You guys have to check this dude out...he is sick. look at who he matched up against man-to-man in the playoffs: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith, and Darrell Jackson. The outcome? 0 TD and 2 INT. Not just that, but I looked around and this guy had over 90 tackles and led the league in passes broken up. Plus, he is only 25 and has never missed a game due to injury! Oh, and did I mention that he has a Super Bowl ring? What are we waiting for!!!???

The Steelers offered him a tender of 1.55 million. That figure is well within the Chargers budget and not at all unreasonable IMO. However, if someone else lands him, then the Steelers get a compensatory 1st round pick...does that pick come from the team that signs him? If so, then I doubt A.J. is willing to give that up.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Chargeroo
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
The Steelers offered him a tender of 1.55 million. That figure is well within the Chargers budget and not at all unreasonable IMO. However, if someone else lands him, then the Steelers get a compensatory 1st round pick...does that pick come from the team that signs him? If so, then I doubt A.J. is willing to give that up.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR
Taylor is an RFA, meaning if another team (lets say the Bolts) offers him a higher salary, the Steelers must match that offer to keep him. If they chose not to match the offer, they get the Bolts first round pick in this draft and the Bolts get Taylor.

Al "T.D." Bundy
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah that's what I figured. He's a quality guy but anyone see A.J. giving up his first round pick next year for him? Extremely doubtful.

dswanson
03-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I think your probably right in that AJ likely wouldn't go that way and give up the draft pick. However, it might be worth it if he's looking at drafting someone like Cromartie in the first round off the draft. I guess you have to look at it this way, if Ike Taylor was in this draft at age 25 and the experience he has, would you take him with the 19th pick over all? He had 23 pass breakups last year... so I think its an interesting question.

Al "T.D." Bundy
03-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I think your probably right in that AJ likely wouldn't go that way and give up the draft pick. However, it might be worth it if he's looking at drafting someone like Cromartie in the first round off the draft. I guess you have to look at it this way, if Ike Taylor was in this draft at age 25 and the experience he has, would you take him with the 19th pick over all? He had 23 pass breakups last year... so I think its an interesting question.

Well, I would give it serious consideration. They guy is proven and really, any first round pick would probably make that sort of money anyway so there is less risk. But we all know A.J. "prefers to build through the draft". Personally, I'd like to see a G.M. that "prefers to make whatever moves necessary to make the team better, whether that be through the draft, free agency, trades, etc." but that's probably just wishful thinking.

LTisMyHero
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Charles Woodson was last spotted at a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament in the bay area. He was doing well, but sadly got injured on his 3rd match.

I don't think he's going to be ready for camp. :\

Chargeroo
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes, I think that's exactly how they need to look at it. Of course, if the Steelers chose to match it, we don't get him anyway. I think we need an OT more than a Corner though (Corner is also a need though), so unless he signs an OT soon, I think he needs to keep that first round pick in reserve for an OT. I keep wondering if he has an OT on the back burner like he did a couple of years ago for Roman Oben?

castillo1fan
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
we should get a real playmaker who can get more than 5 interceptions. i think charles woodson or ike taylor maybe even rickiy manning.

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 05:16 PM
we should get a real playmaker who can get more than 5 interceptions. i think charles woodson or ike taylor maybe even rickiy manning.

The last time that Charles Woodson had 5 interceptions was in 1998. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1442

Ike Taylor would cost the Chargers their first round pick in 2006 and he has a grand total of 2 interceptions in his three year career. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4583

Ricky Manning Jr. is a restricted free agent, so he'll cost the Chargers a first round pick and he has never had 5 interceptions in a season. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4540

LTisMyHero
03-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Ike Taylor had 2 INTs in the post season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/INT/2005/post

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Ike Taylor had 2 INTs in the post season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/INT/2005/post
Atta baby.

Makes it 4 in three seasons (taking playoffs into consideration). :Bolt:

bolts4ever21
03-21-2006, 05:46 PM
The Panic button is back and wreaking havac everywhere....

I know you know our picks for a CB, Joe, who would you like to see make a visit to Charger Park?

LTisMyHero
03-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Also, I believe Ricky Manning had like 3 INTs in his rookie season in the post season.

Not sure about the exact number.

Manning has 9 picks for his career. 4 years.

Florence + Jammer + Davis career = 15 (10 years combined)

LTisMyHero
03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
How could he not be?

The man has seen it all.

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Also, I believe Ricky Manning had like 3 INTs in his rookie season in the post season.

Not sure about the exact number.

Manning has 9 picks for his career. 4 years.
And what does that have to do with the "we need a real playmaker who will make more than 5 interceptions" that I was responding to? None of the players he mentioned have ever had 5 interceptions in a season except for Woodson in his rookie season back in 1998 (who still didn't have more than 5 another football lifetime ago).

Nine picks in four years is worth this year's 1st round pick? I think not. :Bolt:

JoeMcRugby
03-21-2006, 08:14 PM
The Panic button is back and wreaking havac everywhere....

I know you know our picks for a CB, Joe, who would you like to see make a visit to Charger Park?

A first round pick like Cromartie if the o-line pick isn't at value.

Otherwise, a veteran nickle back.

Until prices come down to realitistic levels, there isn't a CB on the market presently that I'd want to visit Charger Park.

Remember, there's a reason why their current teams shoved the guys on the street out their door and no one has signed them up to this point. :Bolt:

LTisMyHero
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
And what does that have to do with the "we need a real playmaker who will make more than 5 interceptions" that I was responding to? None of the players he mentioned have ever had 5 interceptions in a season except for Woodson in his rookie season back in 1998 (who still didn't have more than 5 another football lifetime ago).

Nine picks in four years is worth this year's 1st round pick? I think not. :Bolt:

This is true.

But wanted to give these guys credit for their merits.

But Manning has more INTs than almost all our CBs combined.

Is it worth a 1st round pick? No, I would agree with that.

I just think we need someone with experience to shake up our secondary, not a rookie.

hoopdreams
03-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Interceptions are way overrated. I just want a corner that doesn't give up deep routes on third and long. It would be nice to be able to play man to man coverage on third downs instead of always dropping into a zone.

xmerlin44x
03-23-2006, 02:09 PM

Joe,

I am not completely sure about this, but it looks to me that it would only cost the Chargers a 3rd round pick to get Ricky Manning. This is off NFL.com under restricted free agents. http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-restricted

I wouldn't have a problem giving up a 3rd round pick for a guy who has played at this level and is still young.

hambone
03-23-2006, 02:11 PM
word on nfl.com says jerry azumah is retiring

BoltsfanNYC
03-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I want an experienced good young playmaking CB that can help our young guys and Jammer....

loweezy
03-23-2006, 02:14 PM
yah. that's what i thought i read on ricky manning as well...

hambone
03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
yah. that's what i thought i read on ricky manning as well...

if we got ricky manning jr. i'd go crazy he's one of my favourite cb's

LTisMyHero
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't think INTs are overrated.

Guys who can make plays may alter the QBs decision making.

The Chargers secondary strike fear into no one.

Deltha O Neal caught the same # of INTs our entire team did.

Bengals had a +24 Turnover stat, I don't think that's overrated.

You get more opportunities than the opposing team.

I'm not expecting our CBs to have 5+ INT seasons or whatever, but I do expect them to catch balls that hit them in the hands or chest. They drop way too many catchable balls.

Just my opinion.

JoeMcRugby
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Joe,

I am not completely sure about this, but it looks to me that it would only cost the Chargers a 3rd round pick to get Ricky Manning. This is off NFL.com under restricted free agents. http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-restricted

I wouldn't have a problem giving up a 3rd round pick for a guy who has played at this level and is still young.
You're correct.

They only made a low-level tender. It might be worth signing him to a tender sheet, but unless you madly overpay for him, the Panthers will match it.

The longer he's unsigned by the Panthers, the better chance that he might sign a tender sheet that doesn't throw silly money his way. Then it will be up to the Panthers to match or get the Chargers 3rd round pick in April.

We'll see. Definitely a possibility, but more than five interceptions in 2006? I doubt it. :Bolt:

RAWDOGG
03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't think INTs are overrated.

Guys who can make plays may alter the QBs decision making.

The Chargers secondary strike fear into no one.

Deltha O Neal caught the same # of INTs our entire team did.

Bengals had a +24 Turnover stat, I don't think that's overrated.

You get more opportunities than the opposing team.

I'm not expecting our CBs to have 5+ INT seasons or whatever, but I do expect them to catch balls that hit them in the hands or chest. They drop way too many catchable balls.

Just my opinion.

I totally agree:Beer:

Last year it was as if our CB's had baseball mits on, I don't know how many times we could have had int's

Capfan
03-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Keep an eye on former San Francisco cornerback Ahmed Plummer, the former first-round choice released by the 49ers three weeks ago for salary cap reasons, as a possible free-agent bargain. Plummer has suffered through injuries the last two seasons and his effectiveness has waned as a result. But the former Ohio State star is close to being fully rehabilitated, and if that's indeed the case and he can return to anything close to his prior form, cornerback-needy teams would be wise to check him out. There was a time, before injuries sent him into decline, when Plummer was poised to emerge as a big-time corner. There aren't a lot of quality cornerbacks left in the picked-over free-agent market, and Plummer could be worth a gamble. He won't command top dollar and might be willing to sign just a one-year deal with little financial exposure to a team simply to get his career back on course.

Chargeroo
03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
The problem with Plummer, according to Niner fans, is "he won't play if he has a hang nail". If there's any truth to that, Plummer may be in the wrong business. However, I think if he played well enough to be a first round pick when he came out of college, he must have played "with a hang nail" in school, so I'd take a chance on him if I was a GM. Bring him in for physical, if he can pass the physical, make him an offer.

LTisMyHero
03-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Plummers Agent: So, we passed the physical, let's make it happen.

AJ Smith: Hmm...let's run one more test.

[Smith kicks Plummer in the leg]

Plummer: AH CRAP, THERE WENT MY SEASON!#@$#

AJ Smith: 1 year, $20. Incentives up to $100.

Plummer's Agent:......