PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Owens

Sirbob
01-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I am on the Texans MB posting CAM isn't a good coach and stumbled on this thread.
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=17268

Guess they think we need a #1.
2 guys said TO is coming here.. odd

Podium
01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
You're posting cam ISN"T a good coach?

Sirbob
01-12-2006, 10:09 PM
You're posting cam ISN"T a good coach?
If I could post heck yeah! We got to keep him here somehow.
Shhhhhh ixna on am ca

SD_Connection
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Guess they think we need a #1.
2 guys said TO is coming here.. odd

Ive read quite a few writers saying TO would fit best here. One was peter king of cnnsi. If not him, sumone in cnnsi.

guimcharger
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I saw how he single handly destroyed a SB. No thanks. Unless he somehow has changed to a team player. I see him signing with TB or Den.

Podium
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
If I could post heck yeah! We got to keep him here somehow.
Shhhhhh ixna on am ca

haha cmon Bob, the fans aren't going tell management not to hire Cam, because you said he's not that good. Plus, looks like they're close on Kubiak, which would take a hit on the Broncos.

fastbolt19
01-12-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah i herd that on espn they said he was going here he would be good for sandiego b/c McCardell is getin old so we need some one new TO would be good i don't think he say alot he be good.

Sirbob
01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
haha cmon Bob, the fans aren't going tell management not to hire Cam, because you said he's not that good. Plus, looks like they're close on Kubiak, which would take a hit on the Broncos.
Woo hoo I like good news. well I can't seem to figue out the forum over there its lock up.

Sirbob
01-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I saw how he single handly destroyed a SB. No thanks. Unless he somehow has changed to a team player. I see him signing with TB or Den.
wth I thought he got them there. also wasn't he hurt in the SB?
look at the eagle - TO
look at the eagles + TO
hehehe math is fun

MSSDC55
01-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Just say NO to T.O.

Being from the east coast, I see alot of Iggles fans wearing t-shirts stating FCUK TO. LMAO!!! I don't want T.O. in a Charger uniform no matter how talented a WR (or how much of a headcase) he is.

MSSDC55
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
P.S. Forgive me moderators if I have sinned. I didn't mean to curse on the message board, I was simply stating a fact!!!! But that is exactly how the t-shirts read!!!! :)

Sirbob
01-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you said east coast!!!:mad: :mad:

ChampCharger
01-13-2006, 01:29 AM
TO wouldn't like Drew Brees. Midway through the season he'd find something he didn't like, he'd get the ball too little times or something. It would be horrible for the Chargers to even consider bringing TO in. We can find talent somewhere esle.
And Who cares if McCardell is getting old? The pro bowler is sure not playing like it.

Chargers should go for a deep threat wide reciever in the early rounds of the draft. Maybe a playmaker like Moss from Miami.

HeadTrip
01-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Unless TO gets a personality transplant sometime this offseason AJ will not offer him a contract.

joseph04
01-13-2006, 03:24 AM
LT Gates TO. k you have to be insane to be honest if you didnt want to see how that would work out. we would have the best players in the most important positions in football. can you double team TO? can you double team Gates? you wouldnt be able to double team anyone becuase how good TO and Gates would be. best TE and WR just would drive defensive of coordinators insane. not to mention the best back in the league that sometimes you need to put 8\9 guys in the box to stop him. we already have huge mis matches on the field vs any team, now add the best WR in the game to our roster. forget about the past, too many people live in the past, what happens if he turnd into a regular team player when we start winning championships? why ot AJ...why not?

Spank
01-13-2006, 08:35 AM

I think Kubiak is just a fall guy for if there is a mistake and Shanny nees to blame someone.

Shanny has the playcall list in his hand during the entire game. He makes all the calls. When they show Kubiak on tv up in the booth do you ever see him doing anything besides chewing on the end of his pencil?

Not that he wont make a good headcoach, I have no idea how that will work out, I just dont think anyone will notice if he isnt with Denver next season.

All opinion of course.... :14:

Spank
01-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Does anyone remember the "David Boston Experience"?

How about Marcellus Wiley?

And you think T.O. would work out here?

I dont really want to have that headache every week. I'll take what we have over T.O. destroying the chemistry of what is in hopes that he takes us to the next level. Thanks but NO THANKS!

Outside of Reggie White, name on FA transaction that was the difference maker in a Super Bowl winner?

There may be some players who have been helpful but none that have been THE absolute difference maker besides Reggie IMHO......

It just doesnt work and usually ends up hurting more than it helps.

sonorajim
01-13-2006, 09:16 AM
TO is a teamwrecking SOB. Somebody should kneecap him if he tries to approach the Chargers. He's the alltime posterboy for" Lockerroom Cancer".

Alibell1
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll bet the guys that are saying that they want TO on the Chargers are the very same guys that are saying Drew has a weak arm. I'll let them figure that one out.

boltnut369
01-13-2006, 09:25 AM

I think Terrell Owens may end up a Raider. The Raiders Org. seems to love malcontented big mouths and self-centered misfits. For example, Warren Sapp and Randy Moss.

sonorajim
01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
LT Gates TO. k you have to be insane to be honest if you didnt want to see how that would work out. we would have the best players in the most important positions in football. can you double team TO? can you double team Gates? you wouldnt be able to double team anyone becuase how good TO and Gates would be. best TE and WR just would drive defensive of coordinators insane. not to mention the best back in the league that sometimes you need to put 8\9 guys in the box to stop him. we already have huge mis matches on the field vs any team, now add the best WR in the game to our roster. forget about the past, too many people live in the past, what happens if he turnd into a regular team player when we start winning championships? why ot AJ...why not?
TO has been a dysfunctional egomaniac his entire career. Coming to San Diego isn't going to magically transform him into Bambi or Charley Joiner. It's a nice fantasy but it ain't gonna happen. The only question about TO is how long it will take before he gets the team to quit being a team and start dealing with having to kiss his sorry ass.

boltnut369
01-13-2006, 09:45 AM
TO has been a dysfunctional egomaniac his entire career. Coming to San Diego isn't going to magically transform him into Bambi or Charley Joiner. It's a nice fantasy but it ain't gonna happen. The only question about TO is how long it will take before he gets the team to quit being a team and start dealing with having to kiss his sorry ass.

You said it perfectly. No way do we want Terrell Owens. I can just see him getting into Schottenheimer's face or *******g and moaning because Gates or McCardell are getting thrown to more. Or how about going after Brees on the field because he was open and didn't get the ball? The nightmares are endless. NO T.O.!!!!!!! Just the thought gives me a bellyache.

4RCHGRS
01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
If TO became a CHARGER........ it would be the first time ever that I booed a CHARGER everytime he took the field!!!!!!!!!!!. Hell.... I didn't even boo Cryin Ryan.

Mike :)

Chargeroo
01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know where TO will end up, but I'd bet some big bucks it's not on the Chargers. I'm guessing that Tampa may be interested because when he played in SF and started talking about wanting to leave he was dropping hints that he liked Gruden (who was still at Oakland then). Gruden seemed to like TO too. There's no denting his talent but there's also no denying he'll soon be crying that he doesn't get enough passes thrown his way and the team will soon be divided into pro TO and con TO. Imagine how much he would have been worth if he could have learned to shut his big mouth!

Bubba86
01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
if we were ever going to get to, next year would probably be the best year to do it. hes knows that he has to have a year where he doesnt say or do anything stupid and have a big year on the field so that he can get a big contract again.

Sirbob
01-13-2006, 01:01 PM
if we were ever going to get to, next year would probably be the best year to do it. hes knows that he has to have a year where he doesnt say or do anything stupid and have a big year on the field so that he can get a big contract again.
I agree with you Bubba,
but some fans are simple minded, would you take TO the day after his "Sharpe™" stunt? yes you would. yes you would.

If he signed a "rule number one Don't talk about the Chargers rule number two Don't talk about the Chargers" contract, what is wrong with that? We could take a TO type guy sideline him and still win, unlike the Eagles.

Is there 8 in the box when he is on the field? hehe

broncossuck7
01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
If you wouldn't want T.O on your team your nuts. The chargers need this. We haven't gone close to the SB since 1994 where we got whooped. If you want to keep this "nice guy" franchise and get eliminated in the wild card game every year then go ahead, don't sign T.O. If you want to roll the dice a little and go for the SB than you sign him. "Don't play the game if you wont take the risk"

Podium
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
If you wouldn't want T.O on your team your nuts. The chargers need this. We haven't gone close to the SB since 1994 where we got whooped. If you want to keep this "nice guy" franchise and get eliminated in the wild card game every year then go ahead, don't sign T.O. If you want to roll the dice a little and go for the SB than you sign him. "Don't play the game if you wont take the risk"

It's not a "risk" it's a certainty that signing TO MAY result in one good year for the franchise, but multiple down ones. AJ and Dean Spanos are trying to build a franchise of consistency.

Sirbob
01-13-2006, 01:30 PM
It's not a "risk" it's a certainty that signing TO MAY result in one good year for the franchise, but multiple down ones. AJ and Dean Spanos are trying to build a franchise of consistency.
I don't think it would happen here. I want it to, because I do think TO will light it up on the field. He's not as bad as Rodman.
Here are some odds:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/11-09-2005/0004212651&EDATE=

Podium
01-13-2006, 01:39 PM
I don't think it would happen here. I want it to, because I do think TO will light it up on the field. He's not as bad as Rodman.
Here are some odds:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/11-09-2005/0004212651&EDATE=

San Francisco. The franchise has never been the same, although there were other factors that contributed to this. Baltimore. He was actually traded there, and it was approved by the league if I'm not mistaken. Shunned that franchise. Went to Philly, where EVERYONE wanted him there, McNabb even recruited him at the Pro Bowl. On a team that went to 3 straight NFC championship games before he got there, when TO was done, the franchise had a horrible year.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times, well it should never get this far.

Chargeroo
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree with you Bubba,
but some fans are simple minded, would you take TO the day after his "Sharpe™" stunt? yes you would. yes you would.

If he signed a "rule number one Don't talk about the Chargers rule number two Don't talk about the Chargers" contract, what is wrong with that? We could take a TO type guy sideline him and still win, unlike the Eagles.

Is there 8 in the box when he is on the field? heheIt's not quite that simple. You can't keep a guy from talking in the locker room. When he says the QB is a sad piece of crap because he doesn't throw the ball his way enough - hows that going to help the team? He's called out both of his QB's on the two teams he's played on - what makes you think he won't do it again. Marty and the players are always talking about how well they all get along and you want to bring a fool like this on the team? That would be tempting fate. Didn't you learn anything from the David Boston fiasco?

SuperBowlBolts
01-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I'll bet the guys that are saying that they want TO on the Chargers are the very same guys that are saying Drew has a weak arm. I'll let them figure that one out.
another thing is we dont have an o-line that'll even hold up long enough for TO to get open...but no TO kill the locker thats what hed do...

TBOLTZCALI
01-13-2006, 05:48 PM
First off, if t.o does come here, which i personally think he can help the chargers, would have to understand the situation here. Understand we have the best running back and the best te in football. Second, i hear alot about how we dont need a WR blah blah...well we had just about the same football team for 2 years and we havent done shizzy. Why not take a chance and grab a wr with great ability. Its not going to hurt us when we havent accomplished anything.

mrkmacc21
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
First off, if t.o does come here, which i personally think he can help the chargers, would have to understand the situation here. Understand we have the best running back and the best te in football. Second, i hear alot about how we dont need a WR blah blah...well we had just about the same football team for 2 years and we havent done shizzy. Why not take a chance and grab a wr with great ability. Its not going to hurt us when we havent accomplished anything.

I agree, personally I think T.O. has finally been humbled by the N.F.L., and that if ever...this would be the year for us to be the team to strike gold. I'm telling you, this guy is probably going to tone down his madness, at least to within the Chad Johnson level. This guy knows that he can't go on successfully conducting himself as he did this past season. I believe next season he hits the maturity zone finally, and realizes that he is not bigger than the league. Let's look at Randy Moss, this guy was quiet as a mouse, FINALLY... injured, but fairly quiet and still caught for 1005 yards. This is the year we go after him. C'mon T.O. back on the West Coast! Like it was said earlier in this post, we can bench him and still win...

Finally, I don't see him choosing the Chargers, due to the star quality we have, but there is not a defense out there that would be able to stop us if we could make the deal. We would win next years superbowl. What matters after that?

Podium
01-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I agree, personally I think T.O. has finally been humbled by the N.F.L., and that if ever...this would be the year for us to be the team to strike gold. I'm telling you, this guy is probably going to tone down his madness, at least to within the Chad Johnson level. This guy knows that he can't go on successfully conducting himself as he did this past season. I believe next season he hits the maturity zone finally, and realizes that he is not bigger than the league. Let's look at Randy Moss, this guy was quiet as a mouse, FINALLY... injured, but fairly quiet and still caught for 1005 yards. This is the year we go after him. C'mon T.O. back on the West Coast! Like it was said earlier in this post, we can bench him and still win...

Finally, I don't see him choosing the Chargers, due to the star quality we have, but there is not a defense out there that would be able to stop us if we could make the deal. We would win next years superbowl. What matters after that?

You mean allegedly putting his WR coach in a head lock and taking a swing at his head coach at halftime of a playoff game?

*Don't get me wrong, I love Chad Johnson.

mrkmacc21
01-13-2006, 09:35 PM
You mean allegedly putting his WR coach in a head lock and taking a swing at his head coach at halftime of a playoff game?

*Don't get me wrong, I love Chad Johnson.

My bad, I didn't hear about that one, I'm a Charger fan so the playoffs mean &%$# to me now...

I'm sure you get my point though...

Admit it, our offense has NO attitude outside of L.T. and maybe Keenan after he takes a hard hit...We could use some attitude. Besides, my money is on Igor, Merriman, Foley, Jamaal, and Castillo...I don't see him getting one of these guys in the headlock or any other locker room mayhem...in addition, I think Marty is a class act, and could actually reach this kid. I think he matures this year! Do you honestly think that him being on the team is worse than steroid Boston, or cryin' Ryan? At least if we did manage to get to the big show, we stand a chance of competing and not getting blown away like we did in 94. It's time for Marty to win now.

SuperBowlBolts
01-13-2006, 09:41 PM
My bad, I didn't hear about that one, I'm a Charger fan so the playoffs mean &%$# to me now...

I'm sure you get my point though...

Admit it, our offense has NO attitude outside of L.T. and maybe Keenan after he takes a hard hit...We could use some attitude. Besides, my money is on Igor, Merriman, Foley, Jamaal, and Castillo...I don't see him getting one of these guys in the headlock or any other locker room mayhem...in addition, I think Marty is a class act, and could actually reach this kid. I think he matures this year! Do you honestly think that him being on the team is worse than steroid Boston, or cryin' Ryan? At least if we did manage to get to the big show, we stand a chance of competing and not getting blown away like we did in 94. It's time for Marty to win now.
even without TO we wouldnt get blown out we were what #5 in scoring this season and #2 in the red zone....but if TO will keep his mouth shut and not be big problem i have no problem with him but if he is still the same TO ill pass.

mrkmacc21
01-13-2006, 09:45 PM
even without TO we wouldnt get blown out we were what #5 in scoring this season and #2 in the red zone....but if TO will keep his mouth shut and not be big problem i have no problem with him but if he is still the same TO ill pass.

You're right.

It's all a matter of contract clauses. Load it with conduct and incentive verbiage and I think it could work. I'd say it would be worth at least interviewing him.

mrkmacc21
01-13-2006, 09:48 PM
We have a committee WR corps...It makes us harder to prepare for because you don't know who is going to have a big day, but I think if a stronger bond could be built (Fouts to Joiner), it would bring our offense closer together.

SuperBowlBolts
01-13-2006, 10:24 PM
We have a committee WR corps...It makes us harder to prepare for because you don't know who is going to have a big day, but I think if a stronger bond could be built (Fouts to Joiner), it would bring our offense closer together.
kinda like how Brees to Gates =) but if TO does come here he has to understand hes may not be getting the ball as much as he may like because we have the guys by the name of LT, Gates, and a solid #2 reciever in parker who catches first downs all day long. The only thing about contract clauses is does that keep him from being desruptive in the locker room and things? TO would be a big boost to our Offense for a lot of reasons but the biggest one i see is less blitzing because lets face its our o-line is horrible...even if we do get TO if he change we still need a better o-line to better utilize our guys in gates and lt

fastbolt19
01-13-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah TO is good but he needs a good team like san diego.

Sirbob
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Chargeroo
Do you think TO will be a "David Boston" next year? With the media sitting there with mic in hand waiting for it. I see him getting 140 one of his first 2 games, that is if hes not blackball from him mistakes. Where ever he goes he should start out good at least. He has to get back to the TD dances right?

boltbacker_ed
01-13-2006, 11:33 PM
T.O. should be signed with a probation clause. Give him a certain amount of time to show if he will be a team player or the same head case that he has been his whole career. If he doesn't change then he can be fired on the spot no pay for the remainder of the contract just a hearty good bye. Is that possible? IMO everybody deserves a chance to change but how many times can a person get a chance? I hope T.O. will humble himself and realize the potential and influence he has in the NFL, and in the lives of all us fans.

Thunderstruck21
01-14-2006, 12:34 AM
AJ has said no to TO, i think he will be a raider Al davis would love him. Raiders Plan: trade Randy Moss to the titans for third overall draft pick and some other picks, draft vince young or leinart=solves their QB problem, and sign TO it has about .0000001% chance of happening but i still wouldnt be surprised.

JtBoY20
01-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't know where TO is going but it ain't San Diego, cause down in San Diego they're pretty good they don't need no TO we have Parker and Jackson...and McCardell

Xien24
01-14-2006, 05:34 AM
I'd take em.

DEboltsfan
01-14-2006, 07:04 AM
TO is a bonified attention *****. Him coming to this team could spell disaster. On the other hand it could be just what we need. I believe this entire situation has knocked his legs out from under him. When negotiating his next contract he is going to have very little leverage due to his recent history. The next contract he signs will most likely be laden with many clauses that will require him to be a model citizen when talking to the media. Don't get me wrong I don't like the thought of TO in Bolts. But it wouldn't be the end of the world and the guy is a straight up gamer, know matter what you think of him as an individual.

DEboltsfan
01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't know where TO is going but it ain't San Diego, cause down in San Diego they're pretty good they don't need no TO we have Parker and Jackson...and McCardell

Get off Parker, Jackson, and McCardell.

1. Parker is a great possession reciever but not a big time playmaker and never will be.

2. McCardell is an excellent veteran reciever who just put together an excellent year for us, but how much longer can we excpect that.

3. Jackson is one big question mark. He was absent for the majority of the season and made several catches toward the end of the season. Hardly the type of rookie season I want to pin the future of my recieving corp on. Jackson possesses unbelievable physcial attributes but at this point that is about it. String together a nice season, become a regular starter then mayber as a fan I will hang my hat on him.

If the Bolts want to make a big step next year offensively they should aquire a playmaking wide reciever. One that can really stretch the field, and turn short gains into big plays. Our recieving corps is not bad right now but it is not above the ability of improvement.

broncossuck7
01-14-2006, 08:16 AM
It's not quite that simple. You can't keep a guy from talking in the locker room. When he says the QB is a sad piece of crap because he doesn't throw the ball his way enough - hows that going to help the team? He's called out both of his QB's on the two teams he's played on - what makes you think he won't do it again. Marty and the players are always talking about how well they all get along and you want to bring a fool like this on the team? That would be tempting fate. Didn't you learn anything from the David Boston fiasco?

When we had david boston what was our record? Right now we were good enough to go 13-3 but we didn't have that extra playmaker. T.O would be happy with us because we would be winning most of our games. I know it hurts but the chargers sucked back in the david boston era. Now with L.T Gates A new and better Brees, can you imagine T.O? Thats 4 pro-bowlers

Chargeroo
01-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Chargeroo
Do you think TO will be a "David Boston" next year? With the media sitting there with mic in hand waiting for it. I see him getting 140 one of his first 2 games, that is if hes not blackball from him mistakes. Where ever he goes he should start out good at least. He has to get back to the TD dances right?I think the best predictor of how someone will behave in the future is to look at how they behaved in the past. Do you think that TO wasn't warned by the Eagles brass ahead of time? I think they sat him down on more than one occasion and told him to shut up and just play football. I recall reading that the team called for a meeting without the coaches present and they talked to him. He still ended up getting suspended. He's a big mouth that can't shut up. The only way to quiet him down is to throw it to him 20 times a game. If you don't do that, he starts criticizing his coaches and teammates. This kid thinks the game is about HIM, not about the team.

4RCHGRS
01-14-2006, 10:14 AM
The CHARGERS are a very cohesive football team and that is hard to get. T.O. would not be conducive to that cohesion. If anything he would be detrimental. Some keep saying that T.O. has learned his lesson, that he can be a "team player". I think not, his ego is to big and lets face it..... he's just not that bright.

Having T.O. here is not going to get us to the superbowl, it would be a step backwards towards that goal.

T.O. has great talent but also has one of the worst attitudes for a team sport and will be a "cancer" to whatever team he goes to.

Podium
01-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Ask any Eagles fan, and they'll tell you that signing TO is making a deal with the devil. It'll be good for your team in the short term, but it'll kill your team in the long term. True, the Chargers COULD win the SuperBowl next year if they sign TO, but what happens after that? As a fan of this team right now, I believe this team has the potential to contend for a championship for MANY years. There are other talents out there that may not be as good as TO, but will be better for the team than TO.

BCBoltFan
01-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Apparently we're going to see TO in some commercials during the games this weekend selling phones... he's supposed to be coming off/posing as a quieter, humbled, less abrasive arshole. I ain't buying it.

ActionJackson
01-14-2006, 12:06 PM
he would never fit in with this T E A M

TCUFAN5
01-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey its just like they said that RANDY was an ******* in Minnesota because he wanted the ball more. he thought that he could carry the team on his back...No one could SINGLE cover Randy. NO ONE i dont care what they say its the same thing with TO and look at Randy now in OAK he has CHANGED A LOT maybe just Maybe TO can change his ways if he did what do you think the Positive would come out of this with TO in SD just a question

Chargeroo
01-14-2006, 12:54 PM
The NFL has several WR's that are also high character, good teammates like Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Anquan Boldin, Chris Chambers, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Reggie Wayne. So why settle for a WR that's a pain in the rear? I really don't see why anyone would want this guy? Are you all paying attention to all the problems he's created during his career?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At San Francisco he gripped about not getting the ball thrown his way enough. He called his QB a gay. He openly fought with a teammate during a game on the sidelines. He was seen yelling at Mooch when he was the HC.

At Phily he singed a long term contract and stared making noise about wanting more money during the first year of the contract. He said his QB wasn't very good. He complained that the ball wasn't thrown to him enough. He complained that it was thrown to Westbrook to much. He started a fight in the locker room. When teammates stepped in he challenged all of them to a fight. He fought with Hugh Douglas. He got the WR Coach in a head lock on the sidelines during a game. He's been seen several times yelling at both his QB and his HC during a game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Why don't you go to the Eagles boards and the Niners board and see what they say about him?

mrkmacc21
01-14-2006, 12:57 PM
kinda like how Brees to Gates =) but if TO does come here he has to understand hes may not be getting the ball as much as he may like because we have the guys by the name of LT, Gates, and a solid #2 reciever in parker who catches first downs all day long. The only thing about contract clauses is does that keep him from being desruptive in the locker room and things? TO would be a big boost to our Offense for a lot of reasons but the biggest one i see is less blitzing because lets face its our o-line is horrible...even if we do get TO if he change we still need a better o-line to better utilize our guys in gates and lt

I know all about Brees to Gates =)...but our verticle game does not scare any DB in the league - it's acknowledged!, but far from feared. True, it all begins with the snap of the ball and the pass protection that follows, so yes we do need OL adjustments/additions.

mrkmacc21
01-14-2006, 01:05 PM
The CHARGERS are a very cohesive football team and that is hard to get. T.O. would not be conducive to that cohesion. If anything he would be detrimental. Some keep saying that T.O. has learned his lesson, that he can be a "team player". I think not, his ego is to big and lets face it..... he's just not that bright.

Having T.O. here is not going to get us to the superbowl, it would be a step backwards towards that goal.

T.O. has great talent but also has one of the worst attitudes for a team sport and will be a "cancer" to whatever team he goes to.

We are cohesively out of the playoffs.

TCUFAN5
01-14-2006, 01:07 PM
even if we got the protection to throw the ball down the field i dont think brees' arm can get us that vertical fear that lets say the COLT, BENGAL, PATRIOTS have until BREES can get that ball down field lets say 50+ yards and have a WR that can burn someone deep we are going to be mediocre the defense has made STRIDES this year and will continue to grow but the offense is still STUCK in the 2004 season until we can get the offense to step up and be consistent with the defense we will be wishing and waiting on another SB chance...its been 11 years since the last one i dont want to wait another 11 to get to the next one...

mrkmacc21
01-14-2006, 01:24 PM
The NFL has several WR's that are also high character, good teammates like Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Anquan Boldin, Chris Chambers, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Reggie Wayne. So why settle for a WR that's a pain in the rear? I really don't see why anyone would want this guy? Are you all paying attention to all the problems he's created during his career?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At San Francisco he gripped about not getting the ball thrown his way enough. He called his QB a gay. He openly fought with a teammate during a game on the sidelines. He was seen yelling at Mooch when he was the HC.

At Phily he singed a long term contract and stared making noise about wanting more money during the first year of the contract. He said his QB wasn't very good. He complained that the ball wasn't thrown to him enough. He complained that it was thrown to Westbrook to much. He started a fight in the locker room. When teammates stepped in he challenged all of them to a fight. He fought with Hugh Douglas. He got the WR Coach in a head lock on the sidelines during a game. He's been seen several times yelling at both his QB and his HC during a game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Why don't you go to the Eagles boards and the Niners board and see what they say about him?

Yep, he did all of that. And the league sat back and let him get away with it, until this most recent season. Now, he will be forced to change his ways or inevitably be banned from football. He may be an a_ _ hole, but he is one of the elite and I'm sure he has bills to pay and is not prepared to live with total disgrace forever. I'm just saying it would'nt hurt to at least stir up things by bringing him in for an interview to see where his head is at. He is also the type of player to make the other WR's step up their games. I love our WR's, but they just aint' gonna' scare anyone in the league. Keenan is the man but he's not getting younger, and what does it say about our true quality of WR's when a 14 year vet can out play most of them who have been in the league 3 or more years? I look at WR's like Boldin and Johnson, given their respective teams and think we should be much better! It's scary when we are without L.T. and or Gates, the offense looks really sad when one of them is out of the game too long. A guy like T.O. would give either of them a huge breather. Just my humble opinion.

mrkmacc21
01-14-2006, 01:48 PM
even if we got the protection to throw the ball down the field i dont think brees' arm can get us that vertical fear that lets say the COLT, BENGAL, PATRIOTS have until BREES can get that ball down field lets say 50+ yards and have a WR that can burn someone deep we are going to be mediocre the defense has made STRIDES this year and will continue to grow but the offense is still STUCK in the 2004 season until we can get the offense to step up and be consistent with the defense we will be wishing and waiting on another SB chance...its been 11 years since the last one i dont want to wait another 11 to get to the next one...

I think that is a major misconception! From endzone to endzone is 100 yds. The average drive begins at the 20. A fast reciever runs 40 yds. in just under 5 seconds. A quarter back has about 3 seconds to set up and release. If the ball stays in the air for about 3 seconds, who cares if the reciever catches the ball at or about the other 40 yd. line, and runs 40 with it for a TD?

A guy named Joe Montana never had the arm strength that Marino and Elway had, yet there's this guy named Jerry Rice or something, who also was never known to be a "burner" that caught over 100 TD's from that other guy Montana. Funny how Marino with the "quickest release" in the business, never got a ring! Just another way to think about it!

4RCHGRS
01-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Yes we are. But it was a team effort and not caused by any one person. However Marty did lead the way! :o

TCUFAN5
01-14-2006, 04:02 PM
yea Montana didnt have arm strength but he had RICE exactly name someone on our roster with a tenth of Rice's skills no offense...we dont have a dominant WR and with a QB that would rather dump off to LT and Gates rather than give our WR that people say are decent the time to get the ball or is that Brees doesnt have time to look down field?? or is it that our offensive progression is look to Gates first then LT then throw it away? if parker is WIDE open? its just odd to see how that's the way our offense is...GATES THEN LT THEN WHOMEVER....that's how the second half of the season blew up in our face...becaus they doubled GATES and then made Brees look elsewhere to throw the ball and he look confused at times cause Gates wasnt open.. or is that just me??? not trying to downgrade our team but its just upsetting that im watching teams in the playoffs that we either BEAT or should have beat if it wasnt for stupid mistakes

"STUPID PENALTIES KILL"

Podium
01-14-2006, 04:19 PM

Would you rather trade places with Philly?

SuperBowlBolts
01-14-2006, 08:28 PM
yea Montana didnt have arm strength but he had RICE exactly name someone on our roster with a tenth of Rice's skills no offense...we dont have a dominant WR and with a QB that would rather dump off to LT and Gates rather than give our WR that people say are decent the time to get the ball or is that Brees doesnt have time to look down field?? or is it that our offensive progression is look to Gates first then LT then throw it away? if parker is WIDE open? its just odd to see how that's the way our offense is...GATES THEN LT THEN WHOMEVER....that's how the second half of the season blew up in our face...becaus they doubled GATES and then made Brees look elsewhere to throw the ball and he look confused at times cause Gates wasnt open.. or is that just me??? not trying to downgrade our team but its just upsetting that im watching teams in the playoffs that we either BEAT or should have beat if it wasnt for stupid mistakes

"STUPID PENALTIES KILL"
um one question...did you see the washington game when gates was basically non existence?

TCUFAN5
01-14-2006, 10:29 PM
yea i did but wasnt that the game that he was being double teamed by one sean taylor which is almost his size at 6'2 240 and faster and ryan clark over the top....yea i seen that...so yea they try to take one of the two out of the offense and make you beat them with something else...that's why we need to spread the field more..

mrkmacc21
01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Would you rather trade places with Philly?

I'm a Charger fan????

mrkmacc21
01-15-2006, 11:18 AM

"STUPID PENALTIES KILL"

My comment was based on your opinion of Brees' arm strength and not his vision of the field. I agree, too much is put on Gates to be the primary reciever, and that our offense would be much more prolific if those same efforts was directed toward a playmaking WR. I would love to see an Owens caliber reciever on the Chargers - doubt if we get him, but IMO it would spell superbowl for us. I think the OL issues will be a no brainer this off season, we weren't as bad as people say on this message board, but we do need SOME help there. We were one of the top offensive teams!

mrkmacc21
01-15-2006, 11:52 AM
yea i did but wasnt that the game that he was being double teamed by one sean taylor which is almost his size at 6'2 240 and faster and ryan clark over the top....yea i seen that...so yea they try to take one of the two out of the offense and make you beat them with something else...that's why we need to spread the field more..

I saw that game too. Washington played great defense that game. Parker had a respectable game also. I say again, our receivers don't put fear into anyone's heart.

BoltsfanNYC
01-15-2006, 12:43 PM
FORGET TO lets get antoine randle EL

TO will go to the cowboys. or TB or DENVER.

meanwhile we get randle from PITT and we get stronger! double play.. and I would love to take hope from them too!

HotCorner06
01-15-2006, 07:46 PM
I think T.O. is done with his antics. He is ready to become a contributer to a TEAM. I think that we have the Eagles to thank showing him an example of what happens if you screw up that many times. Also, I don't think you guys realize the DEAL that we would be getting. I view the Chargers as Super Bowl bound for 2006. We would only be signing T.O. to a one-year deal anyway.

supercharged21
01-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Just say NO to T.O.

Being from the east coast, I see alot of Iggles fans wearing t-shirts stating FCUK TO. LMAO!!! I don't want T.O. in a Charger uniform no matter how talented a WR (or how much of a headcase) he is.

agreed....I DONT WANT HIM HEAR!!! and neither should you! The CHARGERS win with team effort, not individuals!!!

chargerfan1978
01-17-2006, 10:04 AM
wth I thought he got them there. also wasn't he hurt in the SB?
look at the eagle - TO
look at the eagles + TO
hehehe math is fun

He wasn't that much of a factor. The Eagles have consistently made it to the NFC Final, and TO never played in the playoffs. Math doesn't work here, bro. It's simple English we need to use . . .

Look at the Eagles before TO (specific plays with him as the x-receiver or a decoy), and now look at them after TO (all those practices and drills on now useless plays).

It's a TEAM sport. If you one player that's an important piece of designed and practiced plays is a disruption. Your offense is now screwed. Now, you have to pull old plays that haven't been practiced, and throw it on the field at gametime. Hence, miscues, wrong pass pro, out of sync run blocking, and botched routes.

JUST SAY HELLLLLLLLL NO TO T.O.!!!!!!!

Sirbob
01-17-2006, 11:42 AM
He wasn't that much of a factor. The Eagles have consistently made it to the NFC Final, and TO never played in the playoffs. Math doesn't work here, bro. It's simple English we need to use . . .

Look at the Eagles before TO (specific plays with him as the x-receiver or a decoy), and now look at them after TO (all those practices and drills on now useless plays).

It's a TEAM sport. If you one player that's an important piece of designed and practiced plays is a disruption. Your offense is now screwed. Now, you have to pull old plays that haven't been practiced, and throw it on the field at gametime. Hence, miscues, wrong pass pro, out of sync run blocking, and botched routes.

JUST SAY HELLLLLLLLL NO TO T.O.!!!!!!!
Try again
http://www.accustarlabs.com/images/radoninfo/school5.jpg

makav3li
01-18-2006, 10:14 AM
everyone is saying no or hell no but if we get him for dirt cheap why not. do you want a guy in caldwell to fumble on important plays? or a rookie who is still adjusting? hes one of the few guys in the wr spot where you could give him a short pass and he could turn it into a td. i still rememebr that move he made on chump bailey, that was sweet

SDBOLTZSD
01-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I for one would love T.O on this team. It would give Brees more options he can with to L.T, Gates in the middle, or Owens deep.

viento1602
01-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I would love it if he came here, we could load up his deal with incentives, and language that makes it so he gets the shaft if he go's sidways on us,. but oh my GOD look at the up side, this guy is a beast. With TO we would be unstopable on offense, Gates, LT, TO all on the field at the same time is a defensive nightmare for whoever we line up against.

mk87
01-18-2006, 11:11 AM
The Chargers is a team built around chemistry. Unless Santa brought Mr. Owens a new personality last Christmas, I'll prefer we search for new talent. There's also that quote, "If you don't learn from history, you're bound to repeat it." But I'm superstitious and judging on TO's NFL experience, the man is a hex. Look what he did to the 49ers & Eagles.

rammerjammer
01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
The Chargers is a team built around chemistry. Unless Santa brought Mr. Owens a new personality last Christmas, I'll prefer we search for new talent. There's also that quote, "If you don't learn from history, you're bound to repeat it." But I'm superstitious and judging on TO's NFL experience, the man is a hex. Look what he did to the 49ers & Eagles.

As another saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
TO has both shamed and fooled two teams in his career. Why set ourselves up to be the third? I wouldn't want him on the team if he paid the Chargers to let him play.

CBO
01-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Even if he does act up I dont think he would destroy our team chemistry. The David Boston situation was bad but it did not split our team and granted we went 4-12 but we did not have the talent we have now. I think we have a solid foundation and would be able to overcome anything TO could throw at us. the upside would be a chance at a offence that should be damn hard to stop. I would love to see what kind of production we could have with TO and some help on the Oline. It does not mean we will go to the super bowl but it should help our offense to be more stable and keep the D off the feild.IMO

mk87
01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Umm... we got rid of Boston in case of further emotional scarring =D.... DIDNT WE?!

& Marcelus Wiley.

I think filtering those guys out is what made the team click & spark this season.

---

I think TO is TO because he was on football teams that had a consistent deep threat. I think we can turn... let's say Vincent Jackson into a TO if we work on it. Balance the team out. TO is good, but there's always someone better (minus the ego).

CBO
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I think TO is TO because he was on football teams that had a consistent deep threat. I think we can turn... let's say Vincent Jackson into a TO if we work on it. Balance the team out. TO is good, but there's always someone better (minus the ego).

I agree that VJ could be as good as TO but I have not seen enough of him to make a good judgement. He did not play that much. It would be nice if thats how he turns out.

JoeMcRugby
01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Try again
http://www.accustarlabs.com/images/radoninfo/school5.jpg
Actually, I give Chargerfan1978 a high grade.

The Eagles made the NFC title game with the number one seed four years in a row - three without T.O.

When the Eagles finally won the NFC Championship, they won two playoff games - without T.O.

And when the Eagles lost it in 2005 after T.O. intentionally went on his "ripping team apart" agenda that was a repeat of what he did in SF two years beforehand, they weren't just missing T.O. They were also missing a few small "insignificant" pieces to the team that dominated the NFC from 2001 through 2004. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but keep T.O. away from San Diego with a 525 mile stick. ;)

SDBOLTZSD
01-18-2006, 02:48 PM
T.O is T.O and their will never be another T.O in the league. How can you say V.J can be like T.O, come on lets be realistic here. V.J has the size and speed but he dont play the game like T.O does. I would be a happy Charger fan if we got T.O here next year, but thats just me every other Charger fan have the rite to their own opinion too.

Alibell1
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
T.O is T.O and their will never be another T.O in the league. How can you say V.J can be like T.O, come on lets be realistic here. V.J has the size and speed but he dont play the game like T.O does. I would be a happy Charger fan if we got T.O here next year, but thats just me every other Charger fan have the rite to their own opinion too.

How can you say that about Jackson when he hasn't even played enough to pass judgement on what he might be able to do in the league? You're acting as if TO is Rice, ans Rice he's not.

CBO
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM

What I am saying is that TO is big, fast, from a small school and was a 3rd round(#89 overal) pick in 1996. He had a better Rookie year than VJ 35 catches for 520yds and 4TD's. But he had a break out 2nd year 60catches for 936 yards and 8TD's. Not to mention that he was playing with 2 Hall of Famers(Steve Young and Jerry Rice) along with Rickey Waters. To say that he will not be as good as TO is unfair. Give him a little time and a chance.

SDBolts21
01-18-2006, 07:09 PM

VJ started out hurt and went through the season with nagging injuries and behind the recievers that we have, who have proven to get the job done. VJ will play more and more as time passes. This year was good for him learning from a seasoned veteran in kmac and getting to know how the NFL works. I think he could have a break out type season this year if he stays away from those little injuries.

LarryAW
01-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey its just like they said that RANDY was an ******* in Minnesota because he wanted the ball more. he thought that he could carry the team on his back...No one could SINGLE cover Randy. NO ONE i dont care what they say its the same thing with TO and look at Randy now in OAK he has CHANGED A LOT maybe just Maybe TO can change his ways if he did what do you think the Positive would come out of this with TO in SD just a question

Yep, Moss did change a lot in Oakland. He did the impossible -- he disappeared. I didn't even know he was a magician. ;)

BoltsfanNYC
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
we need a OLT not a TO! :)

SDBolts21
01-18-2006, 10:55 PM
we need a OLT not a TO! :)

good point! lets get what we need not what we fantasize about

Tomlinson21
01-19-2006, 09:34 AM
good point! lets get what we need not what we fantasize about
I simply cannot fantasize TO in a Charger uniform but I can fantasize about Reggie Wayne in one, though....:)

SDBolts21
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I simply cannot fantasize TO in a Charger uniform but I can fantasize about Reggie Wayne in one, though....:)

well yea, i dont want TO here at all either but the fantasizing comes from what he can do on a football field along with Gates and LT...I would like to see Reggie Wayne come here but im just not sure how much money he'll want and who else will be seriously pursuing him. Does anyone have those details?

Mr. Heisman
01-19-2006, 09:21 PM
REGGIE WAYNE??? Now there's a wr that can produce T.O. = problems he said it best "I LOVE ME SOME ME!!" nuff said no on TO! Reggie wayne is way better than some over rated Randle El! Plus he can help spred the field more than randle el think him and parker and gates there ya go!

P/S - i hate HATE HATE HATE THE COLTS!!! yet this is the only person i like! and only!

*NO MORE HYPE ON WEAK BOB SANDERS!!!!

LT FOR MVP!!!!

boltnut369
01-20-2006, 09:13 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

As usual Chargeroo, your're the smartest guy in class.

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Javon Walker No on TO! come on he wants a new contract, we can give to him. Green bay needs to rebuild that means draft picks! we can giv up one to get a prime wr!

Dojo
01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Javon Walker No on TO! come on he wants a new contract, we can give to him. Green bay needs to rebuild that means draft picks! we can giv up one to get a prime wr!
Walker would be perfect for the charger style offense. As would Reggie Wayne. My opinion...how bout both? Try to imagine these wr's.
Reggie wayne (wideout)
McCardell (wideout)
Walker (slot)
Parker (4-wide sets and a great wr for breathers)
I think that would confirm an upgrade at our wr's. Shoot, I think that solidify the best wr core in the game.

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Nice, but Money makes the world go around and we have other positions to address so we would only be able to get one but oh man can we dream

Dojo
01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Nice, but Money makes the world go around and we have other positions to address so we would only be able to get one but oh man can we dream
that's y we're not gm's. I don't give a crap how much they spend as long as we win next year. I'm sure AJ has to deal with the Spanos family, and the Spanos family wants a profit. Also, there's a little thing called a cap. But, as a fan, I would love to have Wayne and Walker on my squad.

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes: Whoa! Chill ho! Go to the fanasty Football league with those picks! While you are at it take another flintstones vitamin tablet! this guy is greedy i would've thought this guy was Al Davis for a moment, Just Win Baby! no matter what cost! haha :o

benji929
01-25-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't really want TO. It's not so much his behavior and the off-the-field crap he pulls, though that is a concern. It's more the fact that the Charger's have bigger needs than WR. Our offensive line needs some work and hopefully we can get a FA safety as well (Pittsburg's Chris Hope maybe). I'd rather use the money we'd spend on TO on trying to sign Steve Hutchinson or an OT. Besides, I think Vincent Jackson will have a breakout season next year. Some of the similarities between him and Owens are eery (small college, not a 1st round pick, pick and fast). I just hope their personalities aren't similar.

Of course, if TO can be had dirt cheap with a short term deal, I wouldn't say no to him. But I think he'll be in more demand than most of us think and would require significant money.

loweezy
01-27-2006, 01:49 PM
LT did an interview on "quite frankly" with steven h smith... and basically talked down on guys that can't get along with teamates and messing u team chemistry. He was basically referring to T.O. indirectly, as Steven H. Smith said "you don't have to say it, the crowd already said terrel owens."

SDFaiderHater
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM

he helped destroy that team, but McNabb F'd that SB up.

JoeMcRugby
01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I just hope their personalities aren't similar.

VJ's personality (and intelligence) is 180 degrees from TO:

Colorado Springs - It was a few minutes before 7 o'clock Saturday night when Vincent Jackson's cellphone rang. An NFL team was on the line, wanting the former skinny kid, the one none of the big Colorado football schools ever wanted, to play football for it.

With about 250 hushed friends and family members still in suspense, the entire backyard at Sherry and Terence Jackson's house became a mosh pit of joy when ESPN2 flashed the news: The San Diego Chargers had chosen their son as the 61st pick in the NFL draft.

Jackson, who starred as a Northern Colorado wide receiver, became the highest NFL draft choice in Bears history and the first player from any state school to go in this year's draft. Not bad for a kid who barely was used on his Widefield High School team, and who was discovered by UNC on a happenstance visit to one of his prep basketball games.

"It's amazing. It's a blessing," said Jackson, 22. "It's all just beginning now."

On a day that began with a prayer spoken by his father, joining hands with his wife and son, it lasted in celebration long into the night. It wasn't long before Jackson's black shirt was soaked with champagne, which prompted one friend to proclaim, "It's going to be worse when you get that Super Bowl ring."

There would be a hug from Jackson's UNC roommate, Matt Stewart, and a private living room toast by members of Terence Jackson's Mountain Post Military Lodge #26. And most of all, there was a long hug with mom and the father Vincent wasn't sure he would ever see alive another day eight years ago.

"God is good," Terence Jackson said quietly. "God is good."

Vincent will fly to San Diego this morning to begin his new life, with a deep appreciation for the people who helped make it happen. He will wear No. 83 for the Chargers and can expect a signing bonus in the high six figures.

On a day that started to get long without his name yet called, Jackson seemed not to care being surrounded by loved ones.

"But, yeah, I'll take this, going in the second round," he said. "Man, what a day. I'll never, ever forget it."

In black and white

Vincent Terrell Jackson was born Jan. 14, 1983, in Fort Polk, La., and grew up in nearby Leesville, where "you could catch all the ocean catfish you could possibly carry," Sherry said.

Jackson's father, Terence, was an Army medic stationed at Fort Polk. Mom took a couple years off after Vincent's birth, then went to work in the Army's retail store for the next five years.

Life in Leesville conjures pleasant and uncomfortable memories for the Jacksons.

Growing up with a white mother and black father in the South presented difficult moments for Jackson, such as when another boy called him the N-word.

"Tell me why," Jackson pleaded with his mother after he burst into the house with tears streaming down his face.

Filling out the personal information on an academic test presented another reminder the world is not color blind. Which box to check?

"In Louisiana, there was something where if one-seventieth of your blood was black, you had to be declared as black. He tried to check white and black," Sherry said. "The teacher called me and said, 'We have a problem, he can't do that.' I said, 'Why?' She said, 'Because he can't.' And I said, 'Well, I'm white, my husband's black and he's not going to put down brown on the paper, so I don't know what it is you want me to tell him?"'

Amid such confusion, Jackson, an only child, sought order.

"This is one of the only kids I knew who, his little GI Joe figures, each one had a little Ziploc bag," Sherry said. "All the little equipment went in each one, and he kept them organized."

After eight years in Leesville, the Jackson family lived briefly in Phoenix before Terence got word he would be stationed in Grafenwoher, Germany. Suddenly, sauerkraut replaced red beans and rice as the preferred side dish in the house.

"We lived there three years, and it was nice," Vincent said. "I saw a whole other side of the world at a young age."

Vincent showed an aptitude for math, but enjoyed writing, too, winning a poetry contest. One of his poems was published in a German newspaper, and he received a $100 savings bond and a watch.

In 1993, Terence was assigned to Fort Carson near Colorado Springs.

Vincent liked the mountains and he found the people friendly. By middle school, Jackson got into sports. He played about everything, but showed few hints of the star athlete he would become.

"He was just a squirt as a freshman and sophomore," said Paul MacRenato, Jackson's football coach at Widefield High School.

Major scare for family

When he was 14, Jackson's world became tilted.

Army medics, Sherry says, make the worst patients. One day, Terence complained of breathing difficulties, but assumed he had a cold. Instead of getting better, it grew worse as the days passed. It'll go away, Terence said.

"Then one day he was white as a sheet and wheezing. I said to him, 'You have five minutes to either get up and get in my car or I'm calling an ambulance.' We took him to Fort Carson and they said he had pneumonia," Sherry said.

Two days later, Sherry and Vincent found Terence's room empty. He had been moved to intensive care, unable to absorb oxygen in his blood.

"The next day was Monday, and I went to work, and they called me and said 'You need to come now.' They had to put him on life support," Sherry said. "When I got there, the doctor asked where the family was. He said 'You need to get them here, because he may not live another 24 hours."'

Sherry was terrified, pondering the future without Terence. How would she support a teenage son on her civil service job? How would Vincent make it through these formative years without his father?

Terence could breathe only with the aid of a respirator for 11 days.

During that time, Vincent became the man of the house - and an inspiration to his mother.

"Vincent would sit there and ask the nurses, 'What does this machine do, what does that machine do? What does that number mean?"' Sherry said.

When the numbers spiked, Jackson reacted. "Vincent would go down the nurses' station and say, 'I need some washcloths' and 'I'm going to put the fan on and put some washcloths on him.' When I saw him do that, I knew I had to be the person that said, 'I can't fall apart."'

Terence rallied, then fully recovered as Jackson learned not to give up in the face long odds.

"It was the scariest thing I've ever dealt with," Jackson said. "But I knew I had to be strong for my mom."

Small fry to big catch

At Widefield, Jackson was a bigger star in the classroom than on the football field. He earned a 4.3 GPA and graduated fourth in a class of nearly 400. But the Gladiators weren't much of a team. MacRenato preferred to the run the ball, and Jackson felt frustrated being used as a decoy receiver.

By his senior year, Jackson had experienced a growth spurt.

"He was 6-3, 180 pounds and when he ran our 40s, he was as fast as our tailbacks," Mac- Renato said.

But Jackson drew little interest from college football recruiters. In fact, it was on the basketball court that Jackson caught the attention of the coaches at Northern Colorado.

"On tape, we didn't see anything special as a football player," UNC coach Kay Dalton said. "One of my coaches (offensive coordinator Rod Dobbs) went and watched him play basketball. He must have seen something that could translate to college football. So I offered him $3,000 (of football scholarship money, for one year) to come."

Jackson wanted to go to Colorado or Colorado State, but wasn't going to try to walk-on at one of the bigger schools when his first year at UNC was guaranteed with the football scholarship along with approximately $4,500 from an academic scholarship.

"He asked our advice and we said to him, 'You can either be the big fish in a little pond or the small fish in a big pond.' We thought it might play to his advantage better to be at the little pond," Sherry said.

Jackson's times in the 40 got quicker as his body got bigger. By his junior year at UNC, Vincent had grown to 6-5, 240 and he was the fastest player on the field. "He just kind of took off," Dalton said.

Jackson more than doubled his receptions (66) from the previous two seasons (31) and set a school record with 21 touchdowns. Suddenly, he was on the radar screens of pro scouts.

Dalton, who spent 14 seasons in the NFL as an assistant coach, told scouts his star receiver was the real deal.

"He's a better receiver than any I had in pro football," said Dalton, who did stints as an assistant for the Broncos, Buffalo Bills and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Although UNC was 2-9 last season, Jackson caught another 80 passes while working toward a degree in business.

Jackson played well in the Senior Bowl, then wowed his audience at the annual NFL combine in Indianapolis. His time of 4.45 seconds in the 40 was better than more touted receivers such as Mike Williams of Southern Cal. Workouts for scouts on the UNC campus a couple weeks later also went well.

Jackson and his parents sorted through more than 60 formal offers from agents before he signed with Neil Schwartz, who represented former Broncos star Terrell Davis.

"It's been pretty hectic, all of this, but I really feel blessed things have turned out as positive as they have," Jackson said. "I think I'm definitely somebody kids who weren't big stars in high school can look at and say there's still hope for you, if you want it."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2682011

Superbowlbound
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok, Now, I understand all the negativity with TO. He has been immature but you have to look at this logically. To is a gamer. He is the ultimate wide reciever, and deserves absolute respect for his ability. Unfortunatly he does have the sense that everyone is against him and it's "TO against the world." With the right team, and the right support, all that energy could be made into the most dominant player to maybe ever play the game. With To, lining up at reciever and Keenan, and Osgood, or whoever else we throw on the field with him at reciever it doesn't matter. You still have to cover Antonio. Forget LT being unreal. Where the hell would you direct your defense to cover. And where in the world could you look back in history and see an offense like that in football. Not the Montana 49ers, or the Cowboys, Steelers, current Colts or old school Dolphins. Don't even bring up the Defense if we add a safety or lock down corner. TO is the one player that in my opinion would guarentee us the respect, sense, and ability to bring a SB here next year. NEXT YEAR. I am a season ticket holder and you cannot tell me as much as you hate the man or as much as you think you do not want him that the first time he breaks for a 70+ yard TD, that you along with the rest, will be chanting his name all the way to the superbowl. Be honest with yourself and give greatness respect as much of an ******* as you think he is. I admire the best and when you are the best you have the right to be a ****y SOB. LT handles it his way. Gates his. Quietly, as they wish to live. TO is extravegant and needs attention. So what. Whats better that Denver gets him or someone else we have to face? Besides he is all about the fans and impressing. When and if we embraced him and cheered for him like a true charger, He would give us nothing but his all on the field. He proved that when he broke his leg and 6 weeks later almost stole the show from that Crying P*ssy Tom Brady in the SB. To me it is worth a 1 year multimillion dollar risk, because if it works out, I see noone to stop us for a long long time. Locker room... I don't think he'd have the heart to step up and be a downfall and I don't think he'd want to. Gates, Merriman, Foley, LT, Brees, Keenan, Neil, and the gang would show him the door. It would not get that far. TO learned his lesson. He wants to play now and prove to everyone he can be the best and go all the way and we are the perfect fit for him. ONE SHOT AJ!!!

JoeMcRugby
01-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Locker room... I don't think he'd have the heart to step up and be a downfall and I don't think he'd want to. Gates, Merriman, Foley, LT, Brees, Keenan, Neil, and the gang would show him the door. It would not get that far. TO learned his lesson. He wants to play now and prove to everyone he can be the best and go all the way and we are the perfect fit for him. ONE SHOT AJ!!!
Why wouldn't he"

After destroying the SF franchise, TO swore up and down to Andy Reed that his misdeeds were behind him and he'd cause no problems. He swore to Andy he'd learned his lesson.

ONE SHOT, ANDY!!

How'd that work out? :rolleyes:

Two destroyed franchises later: Take a pass, AJ!!

Actually, I don't need to say that. AJ won't even contemplate bringing TO into SD.

BTW TO will not accept a one year contract - some soon-to-be-destroyed-franchise number three will be suckered into a multi-year deal - I guarantee it. ;)

Superbowlbound
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Andy Reed is a fat Nascar boy with no bass in his voice. TO owned him and thats that. No offense either but thats what it is. Picture the possibilities if all went well... Nobody ever got nowhere without taking a shot. Trade the eagles our # 2 pick now!... Trade Rivers for a high # 1 or a big game defensive guy then use our cap room to fill the gaps. Done

JoeMcRugby
01-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Andy Reed is a fat Nascar boy with no bass in his voice. TO owned him and thats that.

Keep T.O. away from SD with a 525 mile stick.

I couldn't be happier if he landed in Oakland and took the franchise entirely down the drain with him on TO's exit from the NFL. :Beer:

BoltsfanNYC
01-27-2006, 10:07 PM
I wouldnt mind him going there... I think al is going to draft cutler... I think he is next farve!!!

T.O. Bolt
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Stay as far away from my San Diego Chargers as you can Terrell, we do not need you at all. I highly doubt that A.J. would try and get this guy, the whole David Boston experiment was a complete failure. If Owens came here, he would complain about Brees not being able to get him the ball deep enough, how Gates is overrated and that LT gets too many touches. If we are going to get a big play receiver, I say we do it through the draft and pick up Sinorice Moss.

benji929
01-29-2006, 08:15 PM
VJ's personality (and intelligence) is 180 degrees from TO:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2682011

Cool, thanks for the info. I especially liked that he got good grades in HS. That's usually a sign of a good kid.

benji929
01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Andy Reed is a fat Nascar boy with no bass in his voice. TO owned him and thats that. No offense either but thats what it is. Picture the possibilities if all went well... Nobody ever got nowhere without taking a shot. Trade the eagles our # 2 pick now!... Trade Rivers for a high # 1 or a big game defensive guy then use our cap room to fill the gaps. Done

Come on, Andy Reed is one of the best coaches in the NFL. I Ff anyone could have handled TO, it was Reid. You really think Marty can control Owens if Reid couldn't? Marty's not a bad coach but I can't see him controlling a headcase like Owens.

The '04 Eagles team had a great coach, a great QB with a strong arm, and several team veterans and leaders, and Owens still couldn't be handled. As great as LT, Brees, Gates, Donnie, ect all are, I just can't see any of them being capable of standing up to Owens and putting him in his place.

mk87
01-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I especially liked that he got good grades in HS. That's usually a sign of a good kid.

Yep, he sounds like someone who always competes against and challenges himself instead of always thinking he's right and needs no improvement. Blah... was that a run-on?

Rivers2Gates
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
TO would not get us to a super bowl anyways, i once was real high on TO coming to sandiego but think clearly why would we even wanna take that chance. Even if Owens thinks in his mind he is a better guy, once he doesnt get the ball enough he will revert to his old ways and i dont think he would even realize it because that is just his personality. There is a not a chance that TO could help us. Well i cant really say that but it sure is a pretty educated guess :)

Ikeman83
01-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Hopefully TO goes to Denver, and destroys them also.

sundeval
01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I just dont understand your guys reasons for not wanting T.O. The only argument you have is that he would disrupt the team and we wouldnt win.....well, heres a shocker, we're not winning now and havent for a while. I like the idea of rolling the dice and taking a chance on the guy. I read a comment saying it would result in maybe one good year and many bad ones...how do you figure that??? If he disrupts the team, bannish him, and voila, we have the same team we had before. As for messing up San Francisco, thats outright ridiculous. What messed up the Niners is the previous and current owners...something about going over the salary cap by a tonne. When you have to cut alot of veteran starters that are making alot of money and are still over the cap, you have a problem...dont blame T.O. for the Niners drop from the elite, he just knew when to jump from a sinking ship. This argument is getting tiresome, "dont take T.O. , hes this and that"...bottom line, he will win us games merely from his presence on the field, and if you are content with making the playoffs rarely and looking forward to potential all the time, you lead a sad existence. Life is about taking chances, and for once i think the chargers should take a chance....we all know they havent been the model franchise for a long, long time. If you cant tell, im still bitter about Bobby " i can make players" Beathard screwing this franchise for years. So next time you think about T.O. on the chargers you can look at it two ways, ...1. he could possibly be the ingredient that brings the chargers their first Super Bowl because the guy is an amazing talent....or 2. T.O. is a headcase and will disrupt the team that is missing something other than CB, S, OL blah blah blah..( T.O. would make a very average OL alot better as well) and keep crossing your fingers that the Chargers will win a Super Bowl. I myself , no matter what the scenario will remain to be and always will be a charger fan, but i want to see a Super Bowl already. One more thing, i read also that someone posted that they would boo Owens no matter what,....thats ridiculous. Lets see you boo him when the Chargers are winning and hes scored 3 tds to blow out the Broncos or Raiders, but then again, you probably still wouldnt be happy as you likely prefer to be negative. Too much negativity in the fan base and franchise, its time for a change..if T.O. adds to the negativity, get rid of him, until then , give him a chance.

Rivers2Gates
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I just dont understand your guys reasons for not wanting T.O. The only argument you have is that he would disrupt the team and we wouldnt win.....well, heres a shocker, we're not winning now and havent for a while. I like the idea of rolling the dice and taking a chance on the guy. I read a comment saying it would result in maybe one good year and many bad ones...how do you figure that??? If he disrupts the team, bannish him, and voila, we have the same team we had before. As for messing up San Francisco, thats outright ridiculous. What messed up the Niners is the previous and current owners...something about going over the salary cap by a tonne. When you have to cut alot of veteran starters that are making alot of money and are still over the cap, you have a problem...dont blame T.O. for the Niners drop from the elite, he just knew when to jump from a sinking ship. This argument is getting tiresome, "dont take T.O. , hes this and that"...bottom line, he will win us games merely from his presence on the field, and if you are content with making the playoffs rarely and looking forward to potential all the time, you lead a sad existence. Life is about taking chances, and for once i think the chargers should take a chance....we all know they havent been the model franchise for a long, long time. If you cant tell, im still bitter about Bobby " i can make players" Beathard screwing this franchise for years. So next time you think about T.O. on the chargers you can look at it two ways, ...1. he could possibly be the ingredient that brings the chargers their first Super Bowl because the guy is an amazing talent....or 2. T.O. is a headcase and will disrupt the team that is missing something other than CB, S, OL blah blah blah..( T.O. would make a very average OL alot better as well) and keep crossing your fingers that the Chargers will win a Super Bowl. I myself , no matter what the scenario will remain to be and always will be a charger fan, but i want to see a Super Bowl already. One more thing, i read also that someone posted that they would boo Owens no matter what,....thats ridiculous. Lets see you boo him when the Chargers are winning and hes scored 3 tds to blow out the Broncos or Raiders, but then again, you probably still wouldnt be happy as you likely prefer to be negative. Too much negativity in the fan base and franchise, its time for a change..if T.O. adds to the negativity, get rid of him, until then , give him a chance.
He would screw our team and waste our money. nuff said

Sogvet17
01-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Interesting Diatribe: The problem is that TO IS a Distraction, is NOT a TEAM player and is Locker room Cancer. That is the reason he will never be a Bolt. If you are, as you say, a true Bolt Fan, then you should be able to see that this team is very close to being what the Pats were about 5 years ago. Get good people with good skills and let them Meld into a coheisive team, playing like a team....and the wins will happen. The team needs to focus on getting the three or four players they need, finalizing the Rivers/Brees dilemna and keeping your difference makers around with long term contracts, which is what AJ is doing, and you will see a good 5-6 year run in the playoffs and the SB....IMHO

sundeval
01-31-2006, 12:37 AM
I hope you are right, but it still doesnt change the fact that i want the Chargers to give him a shot. Right now there is interest in Denver and that scares me. Add a T.O. to that Denver offense....San Diego better get those DB's that so many of you are begging for. For those of you that say he'll wreck your team, that doesnt happen, its media hype. If any of you have ever played any team sports at a high level you'd realize this as i have from experience. The Eagles werent "wrecked" by T.O....the were hurt by injuries and for anyone to debate any different is foolish. Sure he caused a disturbance in the locker room and wherever else, but honestly, how do you win games with or without T.O. using Mike McMahon as your starting QB? I cant stand T.O. myself, but he is one of the best WR's in the game, and not one WR on the Chargers roster even compares to him in talent. For those of you saying its a waste of money and not good for the team, then i guess winning isnt good for the team.....stop looking through your bolt shaded glasses and wake up.

Ikeman83
01-31-2006, 03:05 AM
Um... T.O. is not worth the amount of cap space he would take up. Also, if Denver tries to sign T.O. he will destroy that team because they'll have to cut so many players to sign him that they won't hardly have a team anymore.

Owens is in his 8th year in the NFL. He has 5 seasons left max, and that's if he even wants to play that long (I once heard him say in an interview that he plays football for the money and not for love of the game).

If we're going to go after a big name WR, we should first consider that VJ is going to be retarded this season. Second, we can probably rely on the Bills cutting (or not resigning, i can't remember if he's a FA, I just know that they can't/won't spend the money to keep him) Eric Moulds. Moulds is a great stretch the field WR that makes plays over the middle and is very, very fast.

I'll take Moulds over T.O. any day.

Sogvet17
01-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I hope you are right, but it still doesnt change the fact that i want the Chargers to give him a shot. Right now there is interest in Denver and that scares me. Add a T.O. to that Denver offense....San Diego better get those DB's that so many of you are begging for. For those of you that say he'll wreck your team, that doesnt happen, its media hype. If any of you have ever played any team sports at a high level you'd realize this as i have from experience. The Eagles werent "wrecked" by T.O....the were hurt by injuries and for anyone to debate any different is foolish. Sure he caused a disturbance in the locker room and wherever else, but honestly, how do you win games with or without T.O. using Mike McMahon as your starting QB? I cant stand T.O. myself, but he is one of the best WR's in the game, and not one WR on the Chargers roster even compares to him in talent. For those of you saying its a waste of money and not good for the team, then i guess winning isnt good for the team.....stop looking through your bolt shaded glasses and wake up.

Lets hypothesise for a minute. First, TO is going to demand a contract similiar to what the Eagles paid him, which is aobut 10-12 Million up front and a guarenteed contract of about 1.5-2 Million per year, plus additional reporting, camp, etc bonuses. In other words, he will take about 30-45% of whatever cap room we have left after either signing or dealing Brees/Rivers....We still need to sign at least one more quality receiver, just-in-case...TO does not work out. Second; every $$ we pay to him is one less $$ we can pay to improve our OL, Safety and Backup positions where we also desperately need help. And.....I do not buy the idea that if we draft a OL with our first pick that he would be an instant starter....It is an anomoly that Olivia and Hardwick started...the norm is like what the Traiders did with Galley...The supposed best left tackle ever to play the game....He became a guard, did not start until last year at RT and is now being groomed to fill in at LT....so.......

Third..Lets just say that he does great for us for a few games, and then decides that he didn't get paid enough, like he did with the Eagles, and starts destroying the team chemistry, like he also did with the eagles....then, also like the eagles, we run into cap problems, WR problems and Team problems....with this said, my question would be, and will be, why even Bother with TO....

As far as him going to the Donks....thats great, remember Moss going to the Traiders....The traiders will be suffering for that trade/deal for the rest of his LONG contract, not to mention what they had to give up to absorb his contract....anyway....IMHO

guimcharger
01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I just dont understand your guys reasons for not wanting T.O. The only argument you have is that he would disrupt the team and we wouldnt win.....well, heres a shocker, we're not winning now and havent for a while.

Since when has 21-11 not winning. I wouldn't mind TO for a bargain price but otherwise no. Look at the teams that have won the SB 3 out of the last 4 years. No name WR that get the job done. Well lets look at the stats for our WRs.

K Mac: 70 Receptions 917 yards receiving 13.1 avg. 9 TDs
Eric Parker: 57 Receptions 725 yards receiving 12.7 avg. 3 TDs

Lets throw Gates into the mix:

Antonio Gates: 89 Receptions 1101 yards receiving 12.4 avg. 10 TDs

It looks like to me we set pretty well at WR. We have bigger needs. If TO wants in here for a small price then sure I will take him. Otherwise he isn't a priorty. FS and O-line depth is much more important.

thefreak676
01-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Come on, Andy Reed is one of the best coaches in the NFL. I Ff anyone could have handled TO, it was Reid. You really think Marty can control Owens if Reid couldn't? Marty's not a bad coach but I can't see him controlling a headcase like Owens.

The '04 Eagles team had a great coach, a great QB with a strong arm, and several team veterans and leaders, and Owens still couldn't be handled. As great as LT, Brees, Gates, Donnie, ect all are, I just can't see any of them being capable of standing up to Owens and putting him in his place.

LT could and would stand up against TO. HE may be that quiet type on tv and interviews but he won't take s*** from no one especially not TO.

sundeval
01-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Ya 21-11 is a winning record, but one playoff appearance , and losing that appearance is "winning" to you? To me, thats mediocre and i expect alot more. Yes i think we are on the right track, but we need something to get over the hump.

BoltsfanNYC
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
A STUD LEFT tackle and Bentley or mawae will get us over that so called hump... also a Big play Safety wouldnt hurt.... last time I checked TO doesnt play any of those...

guimcharger
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Ya 21-11 is a winning record, but one playoff appearance , and losing that appearance is "winning" to you? To me, thats mediocre and i expect alot more. Yes i think we are on the right track, but we need something to get over the hump.

I see 0-1 in the playoffs and no playoffs this year. You are right then we are losers. But that is a lot better then 12-20 the two years before that. We are on the winning track. We will be a contender next year and will make the playoffs. Lets sit back and watch the show.

BoltsfanNYC
01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
first of all... WE blew this year... see games 1-2 then philly then last 2 games after taking our second bye oh I mean the mIAMI game....

Rivers2Gates
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
LT could and would stand up against TO. HE may be that quiet type on tv and interviews but he won't take s*** from no one especially not TO.
Based on? TO is a monster and would cry like a baby and cause even more trouble if someone got in his face. you can stand up to him but it wouldnt do anything. HIS EGO IS HUGE, its so sad :(

BoltsfanNYC
01-31-2006, 10:10 PM
what did TO do to us? what did MOSS do to US? or the other MOSS! we self destruct... GET US A PLAYMAKER SAFETY A LEFT TACKLE and I think we can win the bowl this year! as long as brees comes back same as last year... or Rivers plays like ben...last year!! Our team is frickin good!

sundeval
01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I hope you guys are right and im blowing it out my butt. I'd love to see the chargers rid themselves of the past and become a year after year winning franchise, and maybe win a Super Bowl or two. I agree the chargers need some OL help ( also think a game breaking WR makes for a better OL), a headhunting S and some tinkering on D. My argument is that you add that gamebreaking WR, and this team is unstoppable. Having that type of offense, it keeps the D off the field, and makes the opposing offense very predictable. Can you imagine what Merriman would do if the opposing team was always playing from behind and pass happy...

BoltsfanNYC
01-31-2006, 11:15 PM
TO would makes us better and I think he would be a better citizen in SD... LT is real talent... GATES is the shizzy... finally in his carees TO would not be the Only man!! he might not like not getting spot light but wouldnt be able to complain because these guys are GOOD... But to even consider TO we need Better BLOCKING... ie bentley-mawae- backus... so on... thendraft... a Max gean in the first round and from there on all defence. :)
and look out defences... cause brees or rivers will throw deep with that line and Reciever corp

Ikeman83
02-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, we should really take a guard in the first... smooth. Please actually look at who is available for the draft this year. If you would like there have been many websites posted that give information on these players. I use ESPN's insider features, but that's just me.

ChampCharger
02-01-2006, 02:01 AM
It seems like Terrell Owens may be coming to the AFC West...

Time for Quentin Jammer to prove himself in 2006

Ikeman83
02-01-2006, 03:22 AM
He might or might not, if he does, then we can just triple team him because the Broncos will have sold half their team just to get him and stay under the cap.

ChampCharger
02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I Actually think Jammer is physical enough to be one of the guys who can slow down Owens.

DeAngelo Hall of the Falcons completely shutdown Terrell Owens this season in their matchup.

Jammer has the ability to at least slow Owens down significantly.
We wouldn't have to triple team him.

LarryAW
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I Actually think Jammer is physical enough to be one of the guys who can slow down Owens.

DeAngelo Hall of the Falcons completely shutdown Terrell Owens this season in their matchup.

Jammer has the ability to at least slow Owens down significantly.
We wouldn't have to triple team him.

I agree with you that QJ is physical enough. Being physical is one of his main attributes.

SuperBowlBolts
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
It seems like Terrell Owens may be coming to the AFC West...

Time for Quentin Jammer to prove himself in 2006
um i believe when we play vs the Eagles TO had wat 4 rec. for like 59 yds and a TD. Plus that TD wasnt on jammer i think he proved he can cover TO. Yes, you can make the arguement McNabb was hurt but a hurt McNabb is better then a healthy Plummer

JoeMcRugby
02-01-2006, 05:34 PM
um i believe when we play vs the Eagles TO had wat 4 rec. for like 59 yds and a TD. Plus that TD wasnt on jammer i think he proved he can cover TO. Yes, you can make the arguement McNabb was hurt but a hurt McNabb is better then a healthy Plummer

T.O. had 7 receptions for 59 yards (a 7.6 yard per reception average).

Jammer shut down T.O. as well as any defender over the past two years.

Factor in that Jammer shut down future Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison better than any other CB in 2005 (according to the Indy media), and IMO the Chargers are just fine with Jammer going up against top level WRs. :)

BoltsaremyGod
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, we should really take a guard in the first... smooth. Please actually look at who is available for the draft this year. If you would like there have been many websites posted that give information on these players. I use ESPN's insider features, but that's just me.

Next time you are looking through your cool ESPN insider features why don't you look up the history of the NFL draft. In the last ten years 6 FS have been drafted in the first round, 6 SS in the first, 11 guards and 34 OTs. Sounds like the professionals at this have been selecting guards twice as much as either FS or SS. Now who's ideas look so smooth?

TCUFAN5
02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
the thing is do you want TO in denver..i dont want him in a afc west team. the division is already a toss up every year why give denver more FIRE you know id take a stab at him just cause....but i dont know how AJ would be wanting to risk it

Tomlinson21
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
All I can say is: Goodluck to the team that gets him....and that already spells trouble because if he can pick fights with Donovan, GArcia, Andy Reid, Marriucci for a whole Pre Season, Regular Season and Off Season...he won't be making friends quickly wherever he may end up because players already know not to get caught up in that.

He won't win the war but he will win his battles in which ever locker room he lands in next year with his mouth, his greediness for attention and his lack of respect for his coaches and team mates.

The only leverage he has is his extraordinary gamebreaking abilities at WR but out of that context he's a perfect example of a "cancer".

And cancer gradually kills...

TCUFAN5
02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
well put Tomlinson21

Tomlinson21
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM
well put Tomlinson21
Thank you. :)

All it takes is one bad play...one bad play call and watch the new season of "T.O. Episode 3: T.O.'s Comeback and Ultimate Downfall".

SuperBowlBolts
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
T.O. had 7 receptions for 59 yards (a 7.6 yard per reception average).

Jammer shut down T.O. as well as any defender over the past two years.

Factor in that Jammer shut down future Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison better than any other CB in 2005 (according to the Indy media), and IMO the Chargers are just fine with Jammer going up against top level WRs. :)
The funny thing is everyone who is a jammer basher is going to over look one of these two games were speaking of.

hoopdreams
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Ive read quite a few writers saying TO would fit best here. One was peter king of cnnsi. If not him, sumone in cnnsi.

I hope so. He would be a good addition if Schottenheimer can control him.

ryry2104
02-05-2006, 12:21 PM
the talks of TO either going to KC or to Denver, i hope they are true, because he will totally tear either one of those 2 teams apart, and they will fall apart like eagles have

ChampCharger
02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Seriously, I don't think TO would be happy with any AFC West QB's.
Eventually he'd demand the ball more and tension would turn into feud and probably a trade demand or a new contract or something.

Its comical how predictable it is now.