PDA

View Full Version : Who will be on the next cover of Madden?

TJ21
01-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Tell us why.

If it's "other" tell us who.

It better not be the last two. I think it'll be Chad Johnson, because he's so profilic in the media.

Podium
01-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Always depends on what the new feature is. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carson Palmer or Chad Johnson. Madden usually gets "marketable" guys. And I don't think Alexander is really marketable.

jtzsd43
01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I think it's a toss up between Peyton Manning, Shaun Alexander and Chad Johnson. The season the colts had would make me believe it would be a landslide towards Peyton but Alexander's MVP award is something for the Madden cover guys to think about. Johnson also had a fine year and his on field antics may prove to be marketing gold.

jtzsd43
01-22-2006, 11:57 AM
One person that's not in the poll but may be someone to think about is Clinton Portis. He had another great year and his costumes were a conversation starter around the world.

Podium
01-22-2006, 12:01 PM
But, it all goes back to how they improve the game. That's what Madden does. The year they put in the hit stick, they put Ray Lewis on the cover. In 06, with the vision cone, they put McNabb.

If they add something with the receivers or what not (although I can never think of what else they can add) then it makes no sense to put a RB.

Infernus
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I ehar they are upgrading the QBs progression for rookies, doubt that will be the big update but just for nthe heck of it I chose Big Ben since he was a great rookie and progressed fast in the NFL.

Thunderstruck21
01-22-2006, 12:38 PM
But, it all goes back to how they improve the game. That's what Madden does. The year they put in the hit stick, they put Ray Lewis on the cover. In 06, with the vision cone, they put McNabb.

If they add something with the receivers or what not (although I can never think of what else they can add) then it makes no sense to put a RB.

you are right. madden doesnt choose who they think is most marketable or the leagues mvp. they select a player who is relevant to how they improved the game.

canadianfan_51
01-22-2006, 02:37 PM
i voted for Chad Johnson just because they've had a bunch of QB's and RB's already, Chad's a stud too. Peyton Manning and LT won't be on the cover this year since they have been coverboys on other football games (i.e. fever/gameday) And i don't think there has been a player that has been on 2 different games.

LTfan4life
01-22-2006, 04:19 PM
They've done stuff to the Offense and Defense, so I think they'll get a little more specific on making each position better each year. They already did QB with the Passing Vision, and RB with the truck stick. I think they'll go with maybe some nifty WR moves or maybe some crazy good D-Line moves. Put Freeney on the cover. He deserves it. I'd like to see Smith or Johnson if they add a WR feature. Maybe even Gates, but like someone said, they're gonna look for marketable guys.

fastbolt19
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
i say BIG ben bc he is in the SB so i voted BEN

badmary
01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Big Ben he & his great arm Beat Denver at home.
Some Game. Go Steelers !!

TCUFAN5
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
all i know is i dont want LT on the cover of madden...that curse is NO JOKE so someone else PLEASE!!!

Podium
01-22-2006, 09:22 PM
all i know is i dont want LT on the cover of madden...that curse is NO JOKE so someone else PLEASE!!!

I wouldn't mind Larry Johnson being on that cover, and hey why don't they put a couple players.

Larry Johnson, Chad Johnson, maybe Polamalu.. wouldn't hurt the Charger's chances next season, haha.

TCUFAN5
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
please dont put LT On the cover....the curse is REAL

SDFaiderHater
01-22-2006, 10:40 PM

Yea it made up double for McNabb with all his injuries and all that TO crap...it had to make up for last year, when Ray Lewis didnt get hurt.

Mr. Heisman
01-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Ray Ray got his this year! the curse lives!

CBO
01-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I think Chad Johnson will make it. He has a good personality, he is a great player that has helped his sad team turn into a contender.

StevenSD
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Whoever it is, will suffer from the Madden curse.

TJ21
01-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Lewis suffered on his year. He had an injury that kept him out of the last game of the regular season against the Miami Dolphins. The Ravens won, but missed the playoffs altogether. It was also Lewis' first season without a single interception, even after posting a career-high (6) the previous year.

theiceweasel
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Just look what happened to McNabb this year. The curse still lives.

boltsareback
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
If they were smart they'd do what the pre-season NFL mags do, put regional stars on the covers in the areas they represent. That'd fool a lot of people into thinking their star made the cover.

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 02:50 PM
don't care aslong as they do away with that qb vision thing! it's a pain!

TJ21
01-25-2006, 08:18 PM
You can turn it off.

LTfan4life
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
If they were smart they'd do what the pre-season NFL mags do, put regional stars on the covers in the areas they represent. That'd fool a lot of people into thinking their star made the cover.

I like that idea...except I live in Denver... :(

Mr. Heisman
01-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Dur u think i'm dumb or something, gee i was wondering can u turn it off ummmm yah! I was just sayin get rid of it period! try to think a little bit deeper next time!

hoopdreams
01-26-2006, 12:57 AM
It will probably be Troy Polamalu if the Steelers win the Superbowl. Usually they alternate between offense and defense. It definitely won't be another quarterback. That was McNabb last year.

I hope its not a charger because of the Madden curse. Look what happened to the Eagles.

It could also be Steve Smith because of his stellar season and they haven't used a reciever in a while.

hoopdreams
01-26-2006, 12:59 AM
don't care aslong as they do away with that qb vision thing! it's a pain!

Obviously you suck too much at Madden to learn how to use it. It is the only way to make the quarterback ability realistic.

CBO
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Dur u think i'm dumb or something, gee i was wondering can u turn it off ummmm yah! I was just sayin get rid of it period! try to think a little bit deeper next time!

So I guess you play with Vick then. So you can run all over the feild with your back turned to the receiver and still trough it across the feild 70 yards and not even look at the guy you are throwing it to? In the nfl the QB can look of the db's why not have it in the most realistic game?

Mr. Heisman
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Nope i rep the Chargers when i play, if not them i play wit Cinn. I run more in the game wit my rb's i do short passes in the pocket! But whatever Everyone has their own opinion.

PaCkMaN
01-27-2006, 09:15 AM
at first the vision passin was a pain but I got used to it and it really works good. With some time spent in the practice mode, you can get used to it and then actually look off the DB..... it works GREAT. I love to send a deep out post to the left and a streak on the right, stare down the left WR, pump fake him to get the saftey to bite and lob it to the WR on the right. I think it was a good addition to the game.

As far as the next coverboy..... I think Ben will have a good chance if they win the SB. But like other said, it depends on what they add to the gameplay. They might take the "vision cone" thing to the next step and make the DBs have it, and make it so you have to look straight at the ball when its coming to get a pick or even with the WRs in the same way. Or maybe some new O-line and D-line moves since they dont have many. I would like them to bring the action stick from NCAA 06 to madden. It works so good for jukes and stuff, much better than the R1/L1 jukes and stuff.

Podium
01-27-2006, 10:59 AM
at first the vision passin was a pain but I got used to it and it really works good. With some time spent in the practice mode, you can get used to it and then actually look off the DB..... it works GREAT. I love to send a deep out post to the left and a streak on the right, stare down the left WR, pump fake him to get the saftey to bite and lob it to the WR on the right. I think it was a good addition to the game.

As far as the next coverboy..... I think Ben will have a good chance if they win the SB. But like other said, it depends on what they add to the gameplay. They might take the "vision cone" thing to the next step and make the DBs have it, and make it so you have to look straight at the ball when its coming to get a pick or even with the WRs in the same way. Or maybe some new O-line and D-line moves since they dont have many. I would like them to bring the action stick from NCAA 06 to madden. It works so good for jukes and stuff, much better than the R1/L1 jukes and stuff.

I do the same thing with the vision. It fools the DBs like crazy. And if you play on All-Madden or All-Pro you almost have to do it. It also helps when you're playing defense. I like to control the safeties and Linebackers and it helps to see where the QB is looking so you can jump routes and what not.

broncossuck7
01-28-2006, 07:49 AM
I think Big ben or stevie smith. both these guys had a great year and are "marketable" guys.

mastershake
01-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Is it wrong to hope it's Larry Johnson? And then to secretly hope that the madden curse is real?

TJ21
01-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Is it wrong to hope it's Larry Johnson? And then to secretly hope that the madden curse is real?
Simple answer: No it is not.

bigbolthead21
01-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I seriously think its going to be... Tedy Bruschi of the pats. I think they will add a new feature to the defense.

Rivers2Gates
01-28-2006, 06:11 PM
How about a punter for a change May i suggest mike scifers;)

Podium
01-28-2006, 07:52 PM
They need to add something intellectual. And when I say that, I mean something like being able to get into the opposition's head or something like that. Like if I hit stick you, you should get rattled. NCAA football has this type of feature. Or giving players an IQ feature where they can recognize routes and yell them out pre snap.

How bout a QB picking out a defender to assign his line/RB to block?

Mr. Heisman
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
they kind of already have that QB picking the line to grab a lineman, if you see the blitz you shift the offense line to protect!

xLT 4 MvPx
02-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I think it will be Big Ben. He did win the superbowl, he won it in his second season and he also has done really well since he got in the nfl. and he topped the 2 seasons with a superbowl win.

dserrano86
02-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Dont expect a quarterback to be on the cover 2 straight years

I am thinking Shaun Alexander or Steve Smith

It would be great to put a WR on the cover like Steve Smith, he had an MVP calibur season last year and would be great if EA Sports would put a tough little guy on the cover.

Shaun would also be a good choice. MVP last year and an all-around good guy.

Quick question: Has their ever been a WR on the cover of Madden?

LTfan4life
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Quick question: Has their ever been a WR on the cover of Madden?

Nope. There's only been QBs, a couple of RBs, and a LB, and an overrated broadcaster.

HighBoltage
02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I voted for Peyton at first, but upon second thought I think it will be Chad Johnson. They used a QB last year and they put McNabb on because maybe they thought he would go to the SB again and win, so with that thinking the Madden team might go with Johnson if they think Cinci can make it this year.

Personally I would like to see Gates or LT because I think "the curse" is silliness. "But it's true. Look how many have got hurt." Merely coincidence. Ray Lewis didn't get hurt the following season. The Red Sox won the series. People get caught up in that garbage too much. Better watch out for black cats and mirrors while you're at it.

I want to see thunder and lightning represented on the best football game out there.

Evil47
02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
You guys are forgeting Hines Ward the Super Bowl MVP, their is a chance this guy will get the cover since he is a really good overall WR.

Remember13and1?
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I would have to guess:

#1 choice: Carson Palmer, because he led his team to their first AFC North title in 15 years, big accomplishment.

#2 choice: Peyton Manning, because he almost led his team to an undefeated record, would have been a huge accomplishment.

#3 choice: LaDainian Tomlinson, because he single handedly won a few games for us (cough - Redskins game) and he is also a guy with a good personality and skill - very favorable, big accomplishments throughout the year.

Mr. Heisman
02-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Went into Gamestop in the Mall today, and they already have posters up and the video game box up for reserves! it comes out August 1, 2006!!!! for all systems! They had the "bus" on it, I asked the guy if they are gunna have him on it and he said no, He said they just sent a email to them and it had that image on it, and they posted it shop image! He said they probably pick him b.c. they just won the super bowl. But dunno! all the posters around the store were just sayin Madden 07 reserve your copy (no image) So i dunno, if they even think about putting him on it, I am gunna be so p.o.! Can that guy get anymore hype! as if his parents didn't get enough air play leading up 2 the playoffs!!

Evil47
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
#3 choice: LaDainian Tomlinson, because he single handedly won a few games for us (cough - Redskins game) and he is also a guy with a good personality and skill - very favorable, big accomplishments throughout the year.

.....hopefully this wont happen, id rather not see LT get injured and go downhill from their.

Mr. Heisman
02-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Lt won't they won't put someone on it that has been on another games cover Gameday had him in 2002

spysnipedis
02-16-2006, 12:49 PM
It all depends on what feature that will be adding. Then they will get a guy from that position.

I'm thinking defense this year, Since last year's was offense. I'm also thinking a CB or Safety feature.

BOLT_PRIDE
02-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I dont know who it will be but I hope its not anyone from SD because that madden curse is ugly.

Tomlinson21
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
now that you mentioned the Bus...I think Polumalu makes it. I just hope he doesn't get cursed because I like this player alot. Maybe they could go defense again as it's theme with the defensive cone vision or what not.

I don't think to make a Madden Cover, you have to be an offensive player. I think Troy would be an excellent defensive player on that cover.

56lightsout56
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Endscore.com has the following post from 12/9/05: There are rumors circulating that bulldozer running back, Ladanian Tomlinson, has been offered the cover of Electronic Art’s next NFL game. If history is to guide him, he should decline. And I hope he does.

http://www.endscore.com/index.php/sports/article/who-wants-madden-07-cover/

Tomlinson21
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
that would piss me off he takes the offer.

TJ21
02-17-2006, 05:53 PM
L.T. don't be an idiot! DONT TAKE THE OFFER!!! :eek:

Rivers2Gates
02-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Come on there is no curse everyone knows that, its pretty apparent there is a major coinsidence(sp?) eddie goerge wasn't injured was he? the reason he sucked so bad was that LO Neal left his ass for the bolts! i hope LT gets the cover!!!

TJ21
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Come on there is no curse everyone knows that, its pretty apparent there is a major coinsidence(sp?) eddie goerge wasn't injured was he? the reason he sucked so bad was that LO Neal left his ass for the bolts! i hope LT gets the cover!!!
ARE YOU INSANE MAN!!!!??!?! Listen, I don't believe in the supernatural, but something is up with Madden and there is no reason to take a chance that unncesary. What are the chances that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER (including Ray Lewis) who has been on the cover since players began to grace the cover sustained either a season ending injury or a career low record?

LT must not be on the cover. Put Larry Johnson on it, KC needs to sober up a little. ;)

Rivers2Gates
02-17-2006, 11:21 PM
ahuh... i agree God has it out for the person on the cover of a video game.

Podium
02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
ahuh... i agree God has it out for the person on the cover of a video game.

It's like John Madden is the devil!

wait a minute... wasn't he a Raider?! does anyone else see the connection?

TJ21
02-18-2006, 12:02 AM
It's like John Madden is the devil!

wait a minute... wasn't he a Raider?! does anyone else see the connection?
I don't know man, whenever they show a criminal on American's Most Wanted reenactments he's always wearing a Raiders jersey... but I'm still convinced Shanarats the Devil, that wink of his is not human. It burns just thinking about it.... ugh.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
02-18-2006, 12:35 AM
LT BABY! bring on the Madden Curse

mk87
02-18-2006, 03:06 AM
I voted for Peyton Manning mainly because I don't like him (I'm a believer!).

TJ21
02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I voted for Peyton Manning mainly because I don't like him (I'm a believer!).
Apparently Peyton can't be on it because he was on another VG cover once before.

mk87
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM
That's too bad. Hey, who are the 13 that voted for A.Gates and LT? You guys have no heart. -_-

Mr. Heisman
02-18-2006, 04:30 PM
http://eastore.ea.com/images/us//local/products/detail/15140_dt.jpg

Anyone play this game yet? Is it any good, not that intreasted in it cause the Area Football league isn't intreating to me in real life but how's the game!??

TJ21
02-18-2006, 05:07 PM
http://eastore.ea.com/images/us//local/products/detail/15140_dt.jpg

Anyone play this game yet? Is it any good, not that intreasted in it cause the Area Football league isn't intreating to me in real life but how's the game!??
Amazing! You should give the AFL a shot. I don't really have a favorite team, I guess the LV Gladiators because they used to be in NJ. But the gameplay is so fast and exciting. It definately kills two hours! :Beer:

Boltz2175
02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I voted Tomlinson...but now that i think about it isnt there some curse that goes along with being on the cover of Madden...Mcnabb (sports hernia) last year...Ray Lewis (had some small injuries..enough to keep him out of a few games...Michael Vick (Broken Leg)....so really i would give the cover to......Chad Pennington (LOL)...why because every year he's keep getting hurt anyways....oh..and not from big hits on sacks or anything...like one of his teammates said to the media the other day...he's like an egg back there!!!

Boltz2175
02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Amazing! You should give the AFL a shot. I don't really have a favorite team, I guess the LV Gladiators because they used to be in NJ. But the gameplay is so fast and exciting. It definately kills two hours! :Beer:
Compare it to Madden 06 for me is it anything like that..is it better..worse..and is it out on Xbox???:Helmet:

boltskickass21
02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
My bet is Polamalu

BoltsWillgetaWR
02-21-2006, 12:33 AM
I haven't read through the whole thread but my top bets are either Steve Smith/Chad Johnson or Ben Roethlisberger.

TJ21
02-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Compare it to Madden 06 for me is it anything like that..is it better..worse..and is it out on Xbox???:Helmet:
It's a lot more then Madden. Madden is still pretty fun when you play vs. the cpu, but this is ZERO fun unless you've got a buddy next to you. It's all about the trash talk and shoulder smacks. Very entertaining game.

To compare it to movies:

If Madden was Close Encounters, this would be Independance Day. I don't know if you get what I mean...

TJ21
02-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I noticed that on 360, you can't play old XBOX players. Lame. :(

dserrano86
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I am surprised how many Ben Roethlisburger votes there are. He takes up 25 percent of the 10 options on the board.

EA sports wont put a quarterback on the cover 2 straight years

TJ21
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Depend on what the feature is. If it's superstar mode I think they should put a rookie type guy. Maybe even Reggie Bush or Cadilac Williams.

Rivers2Gates
02-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Depend on what the feature is. If it's superstar mode I think they should put a rookie type guy. Maybe even Reggie Bush or Cadilac Williams.
You have so many posts tihir, why arent you a moderater?

TJ21
02-22-2006, 12:10 AM
You have so many posts tihir, why arent you a moderater?
There's like 15 guys with more posts and experience here than me. And I wouldn't make a good moderater. Too many strong opinions and an inability to control them. Not that some of the mods are afraid to voice their opinions... believe me. ;)

I'll stick to making sigs and chattin it up, thanks for the vote of confidence though 921. :)

Ikeman83
02-22-2006, 01:49 AM
There's like 15 guys with more posts and experience here than me. And I wouldn't make a good moderater. Too many strong opinions and an inability to control them. Not that some of the mods are afraid to voice their opinions... believe me. ;)

I'll stick to making sigs and chattin it up, thanks for the vote of confidence though 921. :)

maybe they should make the Liger a moderator, wait, the Liger is anti-Rivers.

RAWDOGG
02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Don't they usually put the MVP on the cover, or at least a close second?

I say they put Shaun Alexander, there is no way they would put BB on the cover

TJ21
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Don't they usually put the MVP on the cover, or at least a close second?

I say they put Shaun Alexander, there is no way they would put BB on the cover
Maybe Tiki Barber. Or Larry Johnson, who knows? :Beer:

DEboltsfan
02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Larry Johnson will be on the cover because they have not had a RB on the cover since like Eddie George. And then he will break his leg in the 1st game of the season and be out for the season. That event will lead to the Chiefs suffering through a 2 win season while the Chargers win the west. All because of the Madden curse. For the record. I don't think he will be on the cover, I just hope he is on the cover so my prophecy comes true.

TJ21
02-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Larry Johnson will be on the cover because they have not had a RB on the cover since like Eddie George. And then he will break his leg in the 1st game of the season and be out for the season. That event will lead to the Chiefs suffering through a 2 win season while the Chargers win the west. All because of the Madden curse. For the record. I don't think he will be on the cover, I just hope he is on the cover so my prophecy comes true.
Will follow Herm Edwards' curse too.

daygostyle619ph
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
I think they should just go with the bus, even though hes retired. No way the curse can live on unless he hurts himself in the comfort of NBC studios......lol

DEboltsfan
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I think they should just go with the bus, even though hes retired. No way the curse can live on unless he hurts himself in the comfort of NBC studios......lol

If the Madden Curse followed someone in the broadcast both there would be no denying its validity!

Chargerville
02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I think it will be Chad Johnson. They choose the most marketable person and tend to stay away from SB winners.

LTfan4life
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I hope it's a WR...just so they make something really cool to do in the open field, etc. Or maybe a DB like Polamalu or Ed Reed...so they add something else that could be used on defense.

nochleben
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
I hope its big ben so he sucks and people realize thats its not him its the team that is good.

mtxsound
02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
It will be me on the cover, and I will slip in the rain in the parking lot at my desk job, and hopefully be on the disabled list for the rest of the year. haha.

TJ21
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
It will be me on the cover, and I will slip in the rain in the parking lot at my desk job, and hopefully be on the disabled list for the rest of the year. haha.
Good parking. :Beer:

makav3li
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
i just hope its no one from the chargers because of the CURSE!

hoopdreams
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
now that you mentioned the Bus...I think Polumalu makes it. I just hope he doesn't get cursed because I like this player alot. Maybe they could go defense again as it's theme with the defensive cone vision or what not.

I don't think to make a Madden Cover, you have to be an offensive player. I think Troy would be an excellent defensive player on that cover.

I think it depends on what the next addition to the game is. But, as of right now i would also say Polamalu. He was everywhere this season.

WBByloff
02-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd have to say Troy Polamalu... then they will add the Troy Polamalu song as the theme song.

Mr. Heisman
03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope they improve some of the challenges you call next year,

P/s - They won't put a defense of player on it again, They have more target to draw in more with offense!

06champions
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't know cause you never know what position they will use or what new feature they will have, but I sure hope it aint LT cause we sure as hell don't want the madden curse.

LAbolt
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
well i voted 4 bigg ben, why not? i mean they just won the super bowl. what a bigger why 2 market the guy more then he is already...

RIPgriggs
04-09-2006, 05:03 PM
i voted for chad johnson, cuz i can allready see the commerical inmy head

him doing the river dance after he catches a sicc ass touchdown and the guy saying "eA SPorts iTS in the game"

and it looks all like real graphics

and i can even see his gld fronts somewhere in the mix too

rcali bolt hed
04-10-2006, 06:27 PM
my first guess would be the burgermister or gold grill johnson third guess would be shawn alexander but he seems boring and only marketable in seattle.

Boltman19
04-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Maybe Alexander, but I remember some dude on here got mad at me because they said that it was Joey Porter, but I told them they were wrong

Thunderstruck21
04-11-2006, 11:37 PM
when do they announce the cover guy anyway? i dont think it will be a steeler because madden has never had a super bowl winner on their cover the year after they won the sb. It may be Alexander because they have had sb losers, though. (Eddie George madden 01 and Donavan McNabb 06, Marshall Faulk 02)

JCDavey
04-12-2006, 02:12 AM
when do they announce the cover guy anyway? i dont think it will be a steeler because madden has never had a super bowl winner on their cover the year after they won the sb. It may be Alexander because they have had sb losers, though. (Eddie George madden 01 and Donavan McNabb 06, Marshall Faulk 02)faulk was 03, culp was 02

one reason madden has never had a SB winner on the cover right after the SB is, brady was under contract to a rival game during his superbowls.

Sapp was on 2k4's (rival game) cover

eddie G 2001
Culpepper 2002
faulk 2003
vick 2004
ray lewis 2005
mcnabb 2006

LTfan4life
04-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, they could put Shawne on there. I doubt it after just one year, but he's very marketable, and everyone loves his lights out dance. I could see it in a couple years, bu I hope it doesn't happen. I am certain that the Madden Curse is REAL!

If I was them, I'd put Chadswick Johnson on there. He's awesome. And I'd like to see them actually do something besides a roster update for the $50 I shell out for their waste of a product. But it's the only NFL there is, since they own the rights to the NFL. I preferred ESPN's product myself.

vodrev
04-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I voted Steve Smith because I believe they should add a feature to make shorter receivers more competitive in this game. I really hope the madden curse isn't real because I think steve smith is an outstanding player and doesn't deserve another injury.

SinCityBoltFan
04-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I was just at Gamestop and it says that JEROME BETTIS IS ON THE COVER OF 07.

he retired and even last year he was riding the bench except on the goal line. this sucks.

TJ21
04-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I was just at Gamestop and it says that JEROME BETTIS IS ON THE COVER OF 07.

he retired and even last year he was riding the bench except on the goal line. this sucks.
I think your right.

TheIceCreamMan
04-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Jerome Bettis,thats gay

SinCityBoltFan
04-16-2006, 06:53 AM
tell me about it...

TJ21
04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Are going to deal with Steeler loving for the next year now. ugh. They didn't even legitimately win that superbowl...

LTfan4life
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Have they said what, if anything, they're adding to the game?

Right now, I'm more interested in NFL Head Coach than Madden, unless they add something worth actually buying the game.

Boltfan92153
04-16-2006, 08:58 PM
The player they always choose has something to do with the upgrade, QB vision and McNabb, Hit Stick and Ray Lewis. They may try to upgrade features for WR and that is why they may use Steve Smith.