PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Plays

TJ21
02-09-2006, 08:44 PM
A while back I made a post in this thread: http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=25717

Pretty good idea. I'd play it out like this:

TV POINT OF VIEW OF A SNOWY GAME AT THE MEADOWLANDS:
Announcer: "And in reality the Giants have wrapped this one up. Only a miracle could save San Diego now. Brees takes the snap, sidestepping to the left. Looking around, no one's open and their gonna catch him! Wait No! He latterals to Tomlinson. Tomlinson jukes! He jukes again! A spin move! Oh my good lord, this man can move! Tomlinson only has one to beat, and he might go all the way. And he WILL!!!! Nobody's gonna catch LT now! And he's down the sideline. To the forty, to the fifty, to the forty, thirty, twenty, ten..." (CUT)

LADAINIAN'S POINT OF VIEW:
We (Tomlinson) see the goal line in slow motion and see Tomlinson's foot about to cross over when suddenly someone lays a big hit on the camera (Tomlinson) and we fall backwards... (CUT)

ON THE FIELD POINT OF VIEW:
Tomlinson gets up, everything around him is in extreme slow-mo, but he's moving at normal speed. He look ahead at who hit him and sees the culprit.
We see a young Lawrence Taylor with a static like tv effect on him to indicate he's not real, but more historic. Him and Tomlinson just stare at each other for a second and Taylor indicates the endzone and says "I'm gonna let you have this one boy. But watch out, LT's gonna keep his eye on you." Tomlinson runs into the endzone... (CUT)

BACK TO TV POINT OF VIEW:
"And he gets in! For a minute there he stopped, an odd sort of celebration don't you think?" Other Announcer says: "A scary celebration for the chargers, they almost caught him." First Announcer: "And this one is going to go into overtime."

SAN DIEGO'S SIDELINE POINT OF VIEW:
A random player pats Tomlinson on the back and says "Nice job there LT".
Tomlinson looks up at the crowd and see's a present day Taylor sitting there. He winks at him.

Narrator:
For the kings of the past, and princes of the future. Nike. (Or Gatorade, or Miller or Budweiser or anything really, well not anything but you know what I mean.)

I really enjoyed writing that post and was just thinking that I can't be the only one who envisions glorious Charger plays in their heads.

So post your fantasy plays here. :Beer: