PDA

View Full Version : Pennington News~ Huge

BoltsfanNYC
02-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I just heard from a reliable source.. I will put it on my featured website by tuesday!

Pennington has been offered to take cut to 1 mil a year or he will be CUT! Jets plan to take Jay Cutler #4!!!! this is huge as dbrickashaw falls! meaning a lot to most draft boards... and possible move up to get Justice in the 14 range now!

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I just heard from a reliable source.. I will put it on my featured website by tuesday!

Pennington has been offered to take cut to 1 mil a year or he will be CUT! Jets plan to take Jay Cutler #4!!!! this is huge as dbrickashaw falls! meaning a lot to most draft boards... and possible move up to get Justice in the 14 range now!
We'd already heard that it's been offered. Tom Condon (Pennington's agent) announced that they won't agree to take that big of a paycut.

As for Pennington being cut: The Jets are already $20 million over the cap and attempting to rework contracts of other players (in addition to Pennington). And cutting Pennington would actually add to the Jets version of "cap hell" since Chad would count $12 million toward the cap if he's cut.

As for the Jets drafting Cutler: absolutely no guarantee of that. They'll probably take D'Brick and pick up a veteran QB IMO if they unexpectedly cut Pennington.

From Len Pasquarelli's "Tip Sheet" on ESPN.com:

Pennington is due a $3 million bonus on March 3 and, with the onetime league passing champion coming off a second rotator cuff surgery and still a few months away from throwing, team officials are attempting to rework a deal under which he is scheduled to earn a total of $9 million in 2006. As first reported last weekend by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Jets have asked Pennington to reduce his base salary for '06 from $6 million to $1 million, with the ability to earn back the difference through incentives. Pennington, who has already banked $22 million under his most recent contract, is balking at the proposal.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2333854

BoltsfanNYC
02-17-2006, 03:49 PM
LIKE I said... I went in for an interview with the JETS! THEY ARE seriously considering Jay cutler 4... and CHAD will rework the deal or be cut... MARK IT IN RED!

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
LIKE I said... I went in for an interview with the JETS! THEY ARE seriously considering Jay cutler 4... and CHAD will rework the deal or be cut... MARK IT IN RED!

Considering Cutler. That's a long way from drafting him.

BTW Wow, are the Jets going to be horrible in 2006. They'll be the favorites for the first pick in the 2007 draft. :)

BoltsfanNYC
02-17-2006, 03:59 PM
hahah I agree with that... coaching change... and losing mckenzie what a dissaster.. no more chrebet... aging back... oline weakness... no cap... yes indeed they will suck this year... I think 4-12 or 3-13... most the wins coming fianl 6 games after team learns together.. they still have a stout d!
you are right until the draft this is all consideration.. but I am hearing in the media here as well as john clayton... mike smith ESPN boston.. that this is very... repeat very likely. besides my J-e-t-s source!

besides I have enough to worry about in my chargers... but this ends rumors of either SD QB going to the jets! that was a real point I forgot to mention

LT LT LT
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
What if by considering Cutler they mean they want to make some kind of deal with us?? Maybe we move up and get D brick and they can hope Cutler falls to 19. Just a thought

LTfan4life
02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Word out of NY is that the will cut Pennington (resulting in a $9 million dollar cap hit) and Franchise Tag John Abraham. There's a good $18 million tied up in two players. I think they'll end up on the bottom of the NFL once again this year. A top pick also requires big money, and then they're not going to have lots to sign FA's. I see nothing but trouble for them.

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2006, 06:05 PM
What if by considering Cutler they mean they want to make some kind of deal with us?? Maybe we move up and get D brick and they can hope Cutler falls to 19. Just a thought

Cutler won't make it out of the top 10. No way he's around at 19.

They could be trading down to a team like the Lions, though. I still don't see them passing on D'Brick. Offensive line is a massive need for them and they take a bigger 2006 cap charge by cutting Pennington than they would by paying him his $3 million roster bonus and keeping him on the roster.

Condon (a hard nosed negotiator) is playing hardball. In the end, I bet Pennington will take a paycut, but he won't drop it from $9 million to $1 million.

And the games continue ... :p

OCDIEHARD
02-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Check out Fox Sports "Outsiders divsional analysis" Best I have read. Who is staying. Who is leaving. NFC North, possible free agents. Would love to see these transactions. Signed RJ Mcquarters for a _? contract. The guy is decent cover corner, aggressive, nose for the football. Signed Drummond to _{? contract. Mr. Drummond led league in returns the year before, chargers need depth in return game. Or better yet! Chargers sign Koren Robisnson. Spread field, last year looked like a Number 1 reciever, after haveing character building start in Seattle. Looks like his character is building. Then Charger's draft some O'linenman, looks like deep draft for that. Also draft a possible cover guy a free safety. Help Jammer. The draft looks like it is deep for that too.

JoeMcRugby
02-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Check out Fox Sports "Outsiders divsional analysis" Best I have read. Who is staying. Who is leaving. NFC North, possible free agents. Would love to see these transactions. Signed RJ Mcquarters for a _? contract. The guy is decent cover corner, aggressive, nose for the football. Signed Drummond to _{? contract. Mr. Drummond led league in returns the year before, chargers need depth in return game. Or better yet! Chargers sign Koren Robisnson. Spread field, last year looked like a Number 1 reciever, after haveing character building start in Seattle. Looks like his character is building. Then Charger's draft some O'linenman, looks like deep draft for that. Also draft a possible cover guy a free safety. Help Jammer. The draft looks like it is deep for that too.

RJ McQuarters? :confused:

Depth in returners through free agency instead of the draft? :confused:

Koren Robinson? Old "hands of stone" from Seattle who is one drink/toke away from an automatic one-year suspension? And 22 catches for 357 yards and 1 TD looks like a "#1 WR"?

Draft o-linemen instead of using free agency to immediately fill the holes? :confused:

However, I do agree with you in regard to drafting a safety in the first couple of rounds, OCDIEHARD! :)

IgorUnchained
02-19-2006, 12:37 AM
RJ McQuarters? :confused:

Depth in returners through free agency instead of the draft? :confused:

Koren Robinson? Old "hands of stone" from Seattle who is one drink/toke away from an automatic one-year suspension? And 22 catches for 357 yards and 1 TD looks like a "#1 WR"?

Draft o-linemen instead of using free agency to immediately fill the holes? :confused:

However, I do agree with you in regard to drafting a safety in the first couple of rounds, OCDIEHARD! :)

I think RW McQuarters is worth looking at. We all remember Kmac returning kicks at the end of the season and how that turned out. Cmon....think where the Bolts stand on return men if they are risking Kmac on returns! I know that it is easy to grab a return guy in the draft with one of the 9 picks they are likely to have.

McQuarters is not only a decent return guy, but would be able to be had relatively cheaply. He came back from an injury to be the nickelback for the rest of the season for the Lions (if I am remembering correctly). As such, he wouldnt come with a high price tag and could probably play FS with his size and speed. FS/CB/PR for the price of a Lions nickelback? He might not "save the day" but his versatility is exactly what the Bolts need/like.

SDFaiderHater
02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
I think RW McQuarters is worth looking at. We all remember Kmac returning kicks at the end of the season and how that turned out. Cmon....think where the Bolts stand on return men if they are risking Kmac on returns! I know that it is easy to grab a return guy in the draft with one of the 9 picks they are likely to have.

McQuarters is not only a decent return guy, but would be able to be had relatively cheaply. He came back from an injury to be the nickelback for the rest of the season for the Lions (if I am remembering correctly). As such, he wouldnt come with a high price tag and could probably play FS with his size and speed. FS/CB/PR for the price of a Lions nickelback? He might not "save the day" but his versatility is exactly what the Bolts need/like.

plus if he ran one back, we would have boomer saying, RW "nickles dimes and MCQuarters!!!!"

IgorUnchained
02-19-2006, 01:34 AM
If Boomer was french he would call him McRoyale-with-cheese....

just a thought. :)

Palermo10
02-19-2006, 03:57 AM
When I was in 8th grade we had a dance party for a friend's birthday, and her mom invited McQuarters. He came and danced for a bit.

Anyways thats my story.

Your Resident Okie

sundeval
02-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Ya Robinson would be a terrible chance to take. Forget about the stellar years he had in Seattle when he wasnt going through his troubles, and forget that he returned kicks for longs of 36,42,72,49,86,33,40,36, and 43 yards. He had 90 or more return yards in 7 games. Forget the fact that he didnt start almost the whole year. The guy is still young and loaded with talent. So what if he has had problems in the past. Give him an incentive laden contract, throw him out there as a No.1 receiver and when you see the results, you'll be eating your words. Im getting sick of the goody goody attitude some of you fans have. Its like the team has to be full of angels and saints for you to be happy. Maybe some of you should just refrain from football and join the local church bingo club....well maybe not, there might be some people there that have had problems in the past and you wouldnt want to play bingo with them.

JoeMcRugby
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Ya Robinson would be a terrible chance to take. Forget about the stellar years he had in Seattle when he wasnt going through his troubles, and forget that he returned kicks for longs of 36,42,72,49,86,33,40,36, and 43 yards. He had 90 or more return yards in 7 games. Forget the fact that he didnt start almost the whole year. The guy is still young and loaded with talent. So what if he has had problems in the past. Give him an incentive laden contract, throw him out there as a No.1 receiver and when you see the results, you'll be eating your words. Im getting sick of the goody goody attitude some of you fans have. Its like the team has to be full of angels and saints for you to be happy. Maybe some of you should just refrain from football and join the local church bingo club....well maybe not, there might be some people there that have had problems in the past and you wouldnt want to play bingo with them.

Four time offender of the NFL substance abuse policy Koren Robinson.

Good signing or bad signing?

One drink - one year suspension.

One toke - one year suspension.

Hmmmmmm ...

One drink - one year suspension.

One toke - one year suspension.

I've got a great idea: lets sit VJ, Parker and/or McCardell on the bench for "hands of stone" Koren Robinson who is - have you heard - one drink or one toke from a one-year suspension as being a four time offender of the NFL substance abuse policy.

It worked with Ricky Williams, right? :rolleyes:

nflphd
02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
I like McQuarters. It depends what free agents we sign in the secondary but he would'nt be a bad pick-up. Koren is fast but we don't need someone with bad judgement, bad attitude. I'd pick up the best offensive lineman in free agency and then draft the first two rounds of offensive lineman. A solid offensive line will cure a lot of our problems.

nflphd

BoltsfanNYC
02-20-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree Oline- will get us to the dance

sundeval
02-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Hands of stone huh, i guess you'd rather have a guy with decent hands who cant hold onto the ball after contact. You dont know what youre talking about, Robinson has had seasons of catching 78 and 65 balls and if you think the WR already on the team have any better of hands, youre kidding yourself. I guess youve never heard of anyone straightening their life out , huh rugby. I guess once someone has screwed up, its all over and they cant be trusted again. You act like the guy has committed murder, other than having a drinking problem. Im guessing you havent known anyone with a drinking problem that has handled the problem and never had a drink again , huh. Yup, throw away the key on this guy, as he has had a hard time recovering from his problem. Forget that he played a full season and hasnt done anything wrong. Im guessing youve never done anything wrong before Rugby, that youre a saint and have no issues in your life whatsoever.......one drink, one toke, yes that could happen, but it could also happen that he doesnt, ever think of that? People like you are a dime a dozen, and if life was based on your outlook on things, we'd all be in alot of trouble. Even comparing him to Ricky Williams is ridiculous....Ricky is something in his own, he isnt right, not all there. Stay in your miserable little world, keep thinking that a 36 year old WR, a 3rd to 4th string quality WR on any other team and an unproven "potential" WR will get the Chargers to a Super Bowl victory...you'll be disappointed for a long, long time as i have been.

sundeval
02-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I will say one last thing, for the Chargers sake and all the fans, i hope that one of us is right, and the Chargers win. If i am wrong in my opinions, i will easily admit it and eat crow. All i care about is seeing my favourite team win the Super Bowl. We may not agree about things and think of each other as idiots or whatever, but we do both want the Chargers to win.

YetAnotherSDFan
02-20-2006, 08:44 AM
....I've got a great idea: lets sit VJ, Parker and/or McCardell on the bench for "hands of stone" Koren Robinson who is - have you heard - one drink or one toke from a one-year suspension as being a four time offender of the NFL substance abuse policy.

It worked with Ricky Williams, right? :rolleyes:

IMO it is unfair to judge everyone the same disregarding their individual situation but thats the norm unfortunately. Moreover this is a bussines and there are certain level of risk you can accept. The risk you run with Robinson is having a bad influence in the locker room and losing a player if he is suspended. If the chargers are willing to take that kind or risk then i say we might as well bring in TO.
Are the chances of TO becoming a clubhouse cancer similar to the chances of Robinson repeting a substance abuse violation? Both players have the physical talent to improve the team... which one is a bigger risk???

Ikeman83
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah, Ricky came back from retirement and quit smoking and... oh wait, he's being suspended for a year now for violating the drug policy. Whoops!

JoeMcRugby
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
sundeval,

Four times he's violated the NFL substance abuse policy. Four is not "a mistake". It's a pattern of behavior.

I'll be fine in my "own miserable little world" and looking forward to the Chargers building an annually championship contending franchise like the Patriots who don't take flyers on players like Robinson.

BTW I guess you didn't watch Robinson much with the Seahawks, did you? He was notorious for dropping passes left and right. One of the reasons they tasted playoff success for the first time was because they brought in more sure-handed receivers than the 22 receptions, 347 yards and 1 TD Robinson.

From an October article in his last season in Seattle just before his four game suspension:

The nine receptions tied Robinson's career high, while the yardage was 18 off his best game of 168 against the Kansas City Chiefs in 2002.

There was the bad: One more drop, giving him eight in five games; plus two more passes that he got his hands on but couldn't hold onto, which would have pushed his numbers to12 catches for at least another 50 yards.

Robinson dropped three passes in the season-opening win at New Orleans, then had four catches for 66 yards and the game's only touchdown in the win at Tampa in Week 2. He had two more drops in the pre-bye win over the San Francisco 49ers, and only one catch for 3 yards. Last week, it was two drops and five catches for 59 yards.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/195685_hbok18.html

Robinson's four-year legacy of drug suspensions, driving violations, missed team meetings, dropped passes, unpaid debts, watery eyes and lame excuses would have gotten him kicked out of any heavy-metal band. But not until his May 6 arrest in Medina for driving under the influence, and his arraignment this week, was he kicked off the Seahawks.

What would have happened if the cop had been at Krispy Kreme instead? When would it have occurred to the Seahawks that the alcohol rehab Robinson underwent in January didn't work? When they were perusing his dental charts to help make a positive ID?

In theory, it's true that the Seahawks, as with any employer, can't be held accountable 24/7 for the activities of every employee. But it's also true that most any other employer would have long ago cashiered an employee displaying the breadth and depth of Robinson's knuckleheadedness. Robinson's string of law-breaking in North Carolina preceded his time in Seattle, and he has been involved in 21 infractions since 2003.

Given the short string Robinson was on, as well as lengths to which the club had gone to preserve his career, maybe his needs mandated a full-time babysitter. Hey, Bob Whitsitt isn't doing anything, and he had experience in two different jobs with Shawn Kemp.

In coming days, it's almost certain that psychological/physical/cultural circumstances will be cited as the root of Robinson's problems, and that he really isn't a bad guy. Could be true. Indeed, I don't think he's a bad guy. But with pro athletes, goodness or badness often isn't the issue.

The issue often is the inability to say no.

To booze. To drugs. To women. To homeys who leech. To car dealers who prey. To friends and relatives who mean well.

A small but notorious percentage of pro athletes lack the will to say no to those they think they have to please. To people such as Holmgren, his assistants and teammates, as well as reporters, Robinson simply repeated a pattern endlessly: He told them what he figured they wanted to hear. At the expense of the truth.

"I've got the coach behind me, the team behind me, the organization," he said April 30. "Right now why wouldn't you want to get right and play for a head coach that's always backed you?

"I'm just trying to get right, man. I'm just focused on helping the team and showing them I'm accountable."

He showed 'em, all right. In less than a week.

Holmgren's initial compassion for Robinson's rookie-year travails was justifiable. Some people take longer than others to get it. But at some point in his time as a Seahawk, the weight and prestige of Robinson's first-round selection in 2001 (the ninth pick overall) seems to have gotten in the way of clear judgment. The ego investment in Robinson's potential success outweighed the best interests of the team.

In the end, his non-playing misdeeds aside, Robinson figuratively stole money from the franchise by not mustering the game-day concentration required to do the primary task of his hire -- catch passes.

If there is still need to explain why an NFL team should not invest the titles of coach and general manager in the same man, let the case of Robinson provide the lead argument. Numerous coaches and staffers wanted to cut Robinson loose, but none of them had the power to persuade Holmgren the guy wasn't salvageable.

The decisive persuasion came from a cop on the Evergreen Point Bridge at 3:30 in the morning. The community is grateful that the tough news wasn't delivered by an ambulance driver.

The 49ers videotape will soon join Mary Kay Letourneau and Michael Jackson in the prodigious national cultural trash heap. The legacy of Koren Robinson needs to linger with the Seahawks to preclude its duplication.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/227001_thiel03.html

I understand that you have no faith in AJ Smith's drafting abilities and Hall of Famer James Lofton's coaching abilities, so you're absolutely correct in your belief that Vincent Jackson was drafted to sit his butt on the bench. The Chargers should sign T.O., Ricky Williams and Koren Robinson and ignore those inconsequential needs such as o-line and safety in free agency.

What could be better? It's a guaranteed "Super Bowl, here we come!!" :Bolt:

Ikeman83
02-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Joe, don't forget about drafting 8 WRs and Brodie Croyle!

YetAnotherSDFan
02-20-2006, 02:01 PM
I understand that you have no faith in AJ Smith's drafting abilities and Hall of Famer James Lofton's coaching abilities, so you're absolutely correct in your belief that Vincent Jackson was drafted to sit his butt on the bench. The Chargers should sign T.O., Ricky Williams and Koren Robinson and ignore those inconsequential needs such as o-line and safety in free agency. ...

Joe,
Lets not compare apples to oranges here... the inappropiate use of substances (Williams,Robinson) is not the same as personality disorder (TO). IMO, as much as one may dislike TO's attitude and personality he doesnt deserve to asociated with those men.

But if we are gonna compare apples to oranges....It is apparent that you (and the great majority of SD fans) would not endanger team chemestry by bringing some player with a background of behavioral problems, would you be in favor of drafting a player who was cought using performance enhancing substances?

JoeMcRugby
02-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Joe,
Lets not compare apples to oranges here... the inappropiate use of substances (Williams,Robinson) is not the same as personality disorder (TO). IMO, as much as one may dislike TO's attitude and personality he doesnt deserve to asociated with those men.

But if we are gonna compare apples to oranges....It is apparent that you (and the great majority of SD fans) would not endanger team chemestry by bringing some player with a background of behavioral problems, would you be in favor of drafting a player who was cought using performance enhancing substances?
If a player was caught 23 different times using illegal performance enhancing substances and had been suspended for 4 different violations of the NFL / NCAA drug policy?

No way I would draft such a player.

If a player tested positive for a legal supplement (not a steroid) that violated NFL rules, the player had lived an exemplary life before the violation of NFL rules and the contract stipulates that the player will return all of his bonus money if he repeated the one-time mistake?

Yes, I would be in favor of drafting such a player.

I'm all for giving a player who made a mistake a second chance. I'm very skeptical of giving a player who over a four year period had dozens of incidents and dozens of chances to straighten out a thirtieth chance. Let some other team take the gamble of having their plans for the season getting altered in an instant due to a mandatory one-year suspension.

I'm not saying Koren can't turn everything around. I hope he does. But four months of not violating team and NFL rules is not enough for me to gamble on him.

But that's just me. Obviously, others feel differently.

YetAnotherSDFan
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
If a player tested positive for a legal supplement (not a steroid) that violated NFL rules, the player had lived an exemplary life before the violation of NFL rules and the contract stipulates that the player will return all of his bonus money if he repeated the one-time mistake?

Couldn't we put those kind conditions on one of those problematic players? In that way if there are problems the player can be cut to no major financial consequence.

JoeMcRugby
02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Couldn't we put those kind conditions on one of those problematic players? In that way if there are problems the player can be cut to no major financial consequence.

With Koren Robinson on the open market and a lot of teams placing little regard to character, here's my question: why would he take a contract where he gets nothing if he messes up again when there are teams that won't offer nearly as draconian of a contract?

Someone will give Koren more guaranteed money than is prudent given his history over the past half-dozen years. Right or wrong, the Chargers aren't going to be the franchise that makes those imprudent contract offers (i.e. franchises like the Raiders).

sundeval
02-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Joe,

I do have faith in AJ's drafting ability. He's done wonders for this team after the disaster that Bobby B left. After a decade or so of futility, i guess im just growing impatient and want to see the Chargers do more than a first round playoff loss. Also, LT isnt going to remain head and shoulders above other RB's in the league for much longer and id like the Chargers to take advantage of having one of the elite backs in NFL history. Id hate to see the Chargers have the window of oppurtunity close on them as it did with the Detroit Lions and Barry Sanders. LT and Sanders are my alltime favourite RBs and i would hate to see them both walk away from the game without a ring. I dont think its much of a gamble to roll the dice and throw a little money at some risky free agents...especially if what everyone is saying is true and Brees is leaving. I have to have faith in AJ, but i do have , like other fans, opinions on what the Chargers could/should do to improve the team. As for VJ, i would like nothing better for this guy to explode and become a ball catching monster. I just think a little insurance wouldnt be a bad thing to have. Here's another idea, how bout Peerless Price. Didnt AJ draft Price while in Buffalo? One more thing to add about Robinson. If PR is going to be a first year starter, wouldnt it be a good idea to bring in a WR who he has a prior connection with and confidence in?

JoeMcRugby
02-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Joe,

I do have faith in AJ's drafting ability. He's done wonders for this team after the disaster that Bobby B left. After a decade or so of futility, i guess im just growing impatient and want to see the Chargers do more than a first round playoff loss. Also, LT isnt going to remain head and shoulders above other RB's in the league for much longer and id like the Chargers to take advantage of having one of the elite backs in NFL history. Id hate to see the Chargers have the window of oppurtunity close on them as it did with the Detroit Lions and Barry Sanders. LT and Sanders are my alltime favourite RBs and i would hate to see them both walk away from the game without a ring. I dont think its much of a gamble to roll the dice and throw a little money at some risky free agents...especially if what everyone is saying is true and Brees is leaving. I have to have faith in AJ, but i do have , like other fans, opinions on what the Chargers could/should do to improve the team. As for VJ, i would like nothing better for this guy to explode and become a ball catching monster. I just think a little insurance wouldnt be a bad thing to have. Here's another idea, how bout Peerless Price. Didnt AJ draft Price while in Buffalo? One more thing to add about Robinson. If PR is going to be a first year starter, wouldnt it be a good idea to bring in a WR who he has a prior connection with and confidence in?
So long as Robinson is willing to sign a contract where (1) his salary is the veteran's minimum, (2) he returns every penny of any signing bonus if he violates the NFL's substance abuse policy or commits any criminal offense off the field, and (3) every dollar above his signing bonus and the veteran's minimum salary is incentive based, then I wouldn't have any problem bringing him into SD.

Unfortunately, some stupid organization will fall into the guaranteed money trap and Koren will go there.

BTW Peerless Price is a #2 WR who failed miserably as an overpaid #1. Since the Chargers already have two other #2 WR's on the current roster, I don't see a need to bring in a third.

I'd prefer that the money be spent on massively beefing up the offensive line to protect whomever the QB is in 2006 and be able to blow open holes for LT on obvious running downs like the o-lines in KC, Pittsburgh and Seattle do. That's how teams traditionally have won championships over the past quarter-century.And to beef up the secondary and ILB positions which are the other remaining big holes on the roster. WR would be nice to upgrade, but it's a "want" IMO, not a "need" like the positions I've pointed out.

But again, maybe that's just me. :Bolt:

sundeval
02-21-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL, its not often that im persuaded to change my opinion on things, but after debating back and forth with you Joe, ive started to see things a little your way. I agree that beefing up the line as teams like K.C., Seattle and Pittsburgh have done probably would lead to greater success for the Chargers. Maybe a better line would make our WRs better as well, as teams would be stacking up the line and would be weary of our running game, leaving the passing game open. After saying this though, i still want that playmaker, maybe he can come as a suprise via the draft, or maybe VJ will be the next coming of T.O. without the childish attitude problem, we can only hope.