PDA

View Full Version : Charles Woodson or Ty Law?

Tomlinson21
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm not too high on rookie CB's..nobody in this draft seems to be like a clear cut 1st round CB. Huff isn't a pure corner...he plays safety primarily,

I say we go free agency and get one of these guys (Woodson and Law) to compliment Jammer on the other end. I understand they both have had some injuries of past but I think these guys are pure shut down corners that this defense needs in the Secondary. Match that with some stud safety we pick up...I think the defense is set.

Comments?

adeepercut2k
02-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Woodson, definitely. With him, we could put Jammer at safety, start Drayton with Woodson. He'll bring experience and cut the field in half. He'd start two games a year against Moss, and that would just piss off Al Davis to no end. :) Law is too old and more injury prone. He's 2 years older than Woodson, and probably expects the same cash. Either one would be expensive, but if Woodson can get back in shape, he'd be worth it. Playing against Moss and the raiders, might get his juices goin.

BoltsfanNYC
02-24-2006, 01:06 AM
I am out of the huff sweepstaktes! I think he falls... maybe to late 1st now... I dont want him..
Mcneil-scott-Ko-greenway-MAYBE sinorice moss or santonio holmes but prefer T

BoltsfanNYC
02-24-2006, 01:25 AM
ty law no injuries!

ChampCharger
02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Ty "Freaking" Law.

theylive19
02-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Definitely Woodson, he is younger than law and in my opinion compliments jammers hard hitting style more so that law. But either way if the chargers pick up either one it will be a huge upgrade.

Joiner18
02-24-2006, 05:38 AM
ty law no injuries!

I'd probably lean that way too. I like Woodson a ton but I'm wondering if his body is failing to handle the pro level. He hasn't been able to stay healthy for a while it seems.

SuperBowlBolts
02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
woodson only if he could stay healthy because Ty Law is old!

CHRIS1227
02-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm not too high on rookie CB's..nobody in this draft seems to be like a clear cut 1st round CB. Huff isn't a pure corner...he plays safety primarily,

I say we go free agency and get one of these guys (Woodson and Law) to compliment Jammer on the other end. I understand they both have had some injuries of past but I think these guys are pure shut down corners that this defense needs in the Secondary. Match that with some stud safety we pick up...I think the defense is set.

Comments?

If we were to go with one, I would want Woodson. I think he could add a spark and a little bit of excitement to the defense. Jammer and Woodson would be one of the most feared CB combos in the league if only for their agressiveness.

I think we do have to make sure that he doesn't have injury problems, and make sure that he knows that the whole defense isn't depending on him, take some of the pressure off.

He is still young, he is still talented, and probably a pretty good fit here.

boltskickass21
02-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Woodson complains and is not the type of character that AJ wants on his team. Law on the other hand has SB experience and could be a serious upgrade over anyone in our secondary. Heck, he could play T and be better than what we had last year :)

BoltsPride
02-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I am not to high on either one due to recent history. To many injuries. Plus they demand Big $$$$. Are there any other CB's available in FA ?.

CBO
02-24-2006, 10:40 AM
I would like to have both if possible let Law Woodson and Jammer fight for the 2 spots and then try them at safety aswell. This gives us good depth at CB and possibly saftey. We keep talking about we need to improve our secondary and Oline. IMO here is the fix for secondary.

loweezy
02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
either one would take too much of our cap... which i'd like aj to use to solidify our offensive line first.

BoltsfanNYC
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
true character... i was thinking games played last 4 years and ints! LAW!

TheIceCreamMan
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM
charles Woodson..

ty law is wayyyyy!!!!!!!! to old

loweezy
02-24-2006, 11:29 AM
charles Woodson..

ty law is wayyyyy!!!!!!!! to old

ty law had 10 picks last year...

too old?

i'm sure he'd be a great transition to safety too...

anyway... like i said... i think both will be too pricey

dserrano86
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
We need a playmaker like Ty Law in our secondary

AJ should sign Ty Law to a 2 year deal, but also giving him the right amount of money.

Ty Law is 32 but probably has 2 more very good years ahead of him considering he had 10 picks.

Jackdani07
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Ty Law Duhhhh

ChampCharger
02-24-2006, 04:19 PM
ty law had 10 picks last year...

too old?

i'm sure he'd be a great transition to safety too...

anyway... like i said... i think both will be too pricey

If we're going for the Superbowl this year, Law is NOT too pricey.

Jackdani07
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Thats the truth

Charger Dodger
02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh I wish this comes true! Woodson or Ty Law, playing with our deadly defense?! Are you kidding me? We'll put the Steelers to shame!

So.CalBRONCOFAN
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Your not getting either of them so no need talking about them.

mtxsound
02-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Didnt Ty Law give up something like 10 million when he agreed to be released?

JoeMcRugby
02-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Didnt Ty Law give up something like 10 million when he agreed to be released?

He didn't agree to be released.

The Jets had a $10 million option to pick up for the 2006 season. It was entirely at the Jets discretion as to whether they picked up the option.

Just like the Eagles have an "option" to pay TO a $6 million roster bonus next week. Any bets on whether TO collects that $6 million? :p

LT LT LT
02-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Just like the Eagles have an "option" to pay TO a $6 million roster bonus next week. Any bets on whether TO collects that $6 million? :p

Well I would have to bet no?

Shamrock
02-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Any bets on whether TO collects that $6 million? :p
He's not going to sniff that $6 mill.

Also, since incentives (even Not Likely to be Earned) will count against this year's cap, teams really can't offer TO an incentive laden contract to protect themselves. It wouldn't save cap room.

TO will get a straight salary, and it most likely won't be very much. Signing him to a long term deal is like playing Russian Roulette without any empty chambers.

JoeMcRugby
02-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Well I would have to bet no?

I'm guessing that it's a "winning" bet. ;)

TJ21
02-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Woodson, without a doubt. He's a Raider, and it's always a plus to pick up FA's from your division. Moreover, he's a hard hitter with an eye for the ball. He doesn't have big INT stats, but he's great on coverage and can blitz too.

Woodson definately.

The fact that Law had a 10 pick season makes it hard to pick over him, but such a great season would also probably drive his price WAY up.

Either one would be a great pickup. :Beer:

J.S. Park
02-25-2006, 03:21 AM
I prefered Law but since he had a great year last season he will probabaly ask for big bucks, so woodson might be good cause he has a crap year last season so we might get him cheap, if he wants big buck then just ignore him. I don't think woodson and Law are that big of a deal since Law is old and Woodson is injured prone.

esacal
02-25-2006, 06:17 AM
TY LAW, the man had 10 int's

TradeLT4DBs
02-25-2006, 11:03 PM
I personally have a feeling the chargers will sign either moulds or TO...AJ seems like hes not playing anymore with talent that he brings in. He knows that if he doesnt bring in more talent quick, the talent which we already have will expire. Look for pricey free agents this offseason...atleast 2 or 3 of them to shore up shaky positions. Such as deep threat WR and secondary. Bentley looks really nice as well, as far as the o-line goes. Doesn't AJ learn he let hudson houck go, personell gutted our o-line we suffered. AJ tried to put in mauck, and what happened he wasn't a shred of the teacher and human being houck was. This should be a warning to his silly butt, that good talent isn't a given....pay a little more for the good crowd u have around u...and dont be stiff when u have proven winners. (brees, houck, harrison, even friggin jason ball man...i thought he was way better than hardwick..but we stiffed him and he left)

BoltsfanNYC
02-25-2006, 11:51 PM
moulds .........T.O. is too much other

TBOLTZCALI
02-25-2006, 11:52 PM
He didn't agree to be released.

The Jets had a $10 million option to pick up for the 2006 season. It was entirely at the Jets discretion as to whether they picked up the option.

If the odds are like a million to one, ill put a dollar down!!

BoltsfanNYC
02-25-2006, 11:52 PM
LAW is more llikely to play 15 games!

canadianfan_51
02-26-2006, 12:00 AM
i'll say law too just because he destroyed Peyton in last year's division championship game.

knowsthebolt
02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
This thread is pretty much moot now that the paper reported the Chargers told Law's representatives they have no intrest in him even though he was intrested in them. The also indicated they have no interest in Woodson.

Jackdani07
02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
NO NOT T.O. that would be the worst thing we could do though it woul be intresting with him and Moss in the same Div.

ghost
02-26-2006, 11:41 AM
No Law

The Chargers recently informed the representatives for cornerback Ty Law that they have no interest in the 11-year veteran, who had a career-high 10 interceptions last season with the Jets. Law was said to have a strong interest in joining the team. The Chargers also have no interest in cornerback Charles Woodson.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060226/news_1s26trotter.html

I guess that ends that, right?

TCUFAN5
02-26-2006, 11:46 AM
what the heck man. you give up on a man that had 10 ints last year...sheesh it just gets worse. and C Wood would be a good addition as well. they are insane in the front office

loweezy
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
i'm sure it's about money... law has said he wants about 10 mil this year...

that's like close to half our cap. i'm sure woodson's asking price is pricey as well... i'm sure our interest would change if law or woodson were cheaper

Boltfan56
02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I just hope that we go out and aggressively go after some good free agents instead of taking the laid back approach and wait for other teams to put their bids in first. We should go out and blow a free agent away with our first offer and take them off the market.