PDA

View Full Version : Hutchinson Transition tagged.

SDFaiderHater
02-24-2006, 12:39 PM
soo, he wasnt franchised, which leaves to door open for him to go somewhere else. HIGHLY unlikely, but we wouldnt have to give 2 first rounders if we did happen to outbid seattle.

loweezy
02-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Actually. We'd have to give up nothing. We pretty much just gotta outbid seattle...

if they refuse to match an offersheet, we don't owe them anything.

loweezy
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
" The other move which caught many off guard was the Seahawks' decision to name G Steve Hutchinson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=8&c=1&nid=2422158) as their transition player, not their franchise player. While the move saves them a little room under the salary cap, another team can sign him to a lucrative offersheet which Seattle then would have a decision to make. Match the offer and retain his services for the length of the deal or not match it and receive no compensation. A team like Arizona for example, who has a lot of room under the salary cap and needs major help on their offensive line, could make an offer which Seattle might find it hard to match."

source: http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=2&c=502400

IgorUnchained
02-24-2006, 01:15 PM
" The other move which caught many off guard was the Seahawks' decision to name G Steve Hutchinson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=8&c=1&nid=2422158) as their transition player, not their franchise player. While the move saves them a little room under the salary cap, another team can sign him to a lucrative offersheet which Seattle then would have a decision to make. Match the offer and retain his services for the length of the deal or not match it and receive no compensation. A team like Arizona for example, who has a lot of room under the salary cap and needs major help on their offensive line, could make an offer which Seattle might find it hard to match."

source: http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=2&c=502400

A team like Arizona....or San Diego:Helmet:

SDFaiderHater
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
A team like Arizona....or San Diego:Helmet:

i know, Arizona needs alot more help then 1 Gaurd, i bit into the hype of them being a good team this past year, and ended up losing my pool when i went 1-15 in their head to head matchups, they would lose when i picked them, win when i didnt.

BoltStrike85
02-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Hutchinson would be a great improvement to the O line but perhaps he will be a little bit on the costly side; he may burn our cap room, and we also need at least a Safety/Cornerback (maybe both), a deep threat WR and a T. I'd prefer signing Bentley; he may be cheaper and he's younger. Does anyone else think we should also look for a MLB? I heard Godfrey has talked about retirement. If anyone knows a page where all free agents and their conditions appear, please let me know. By the way I think Transition Tagged players only compensate with a 6th/7th round pick not 1st round.

IgorUnchained
02-24-2006, 01:31 PM
i know, Arizona needs alot more help then 1 Gaurd, i bit into the hype of them being a good team this past year, and ended up losing my pool when i went 1-15 in their head to head matchups, they would lose when i picked them, win when i didnt.

I thought the Cards AND the Lions were going to do well.....

I would love to see Hutchinson in Blue and Gold....but if I were Arizona, I would be making some moves to give Warner all the time in the world to find Boldin and Fitzgerald.

loweezy
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
i think getting bentley and runyan would be better than landing hutch. =P

SDFaiderHater
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
i think getting bentley and runyan would be better than landing hutch. =P

how about Bentley and hutch, we got 20 some od million in cap room, and if we dont sign brees, i think we could sign both, hutch around 7 or 8 mil, and bentley around 5 or 6.

Boltz2175
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
If the Seahawks have to choose between keeping Alexander or Hutchinson....they will keep Shaun...and I would love to pick up Steve Hutchinson....one more thing...will someone explain to me what it means when a team "Transition Tags" a player...send me a reply or PM me!

BoltsfanNYC
02-24-2006, 02:13 PM
erection... BENTLEY and HUTCH... OMG add in a kid like scott! wow... we would havea sick line... the more we offer screws seattle who is in a cap mess with RB... MVP!!!
we should offer 5/35! 15 mil. which would be about 6 mil cap/ if we are gonna let brees go... figure that is a wash... and we could add a player like runyan.. for money to sign brees.... throw in Scott Texas Tackle.. and then sign hope and a GOOD CB... draft well... WOO HOO BOYS WE ARE in the bowl!!