PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Backus/ Steve Hutchinson

TCUFAN5
02-25-2006, 05:39 PM
well we can squash all thoughts about these two since i just seen on ESPN.com that Backus was franchised and Hutch was transitioned so we have to look elsewhere

FLEET
02-25-2006, 05:50 PM
We can still make an offer to Hutch. Seattle will struggle to keep both Hutch and Alexander on the roster. They might not be able to afford a contract for Hutch. There would be no comp. with the transition tag. Id go after him. But Bentley might be the better choice at this point. We have his old OL coach and he has said that he wants an offer similar to Wahles. Which isnt that bad.

mtxsound
02-25-2006, 07:58 PM
It doesnt mean we cant get them, it just means we have to pay more for them. It all depends on what AJ thinks they are worth, if he feels they are he will try and get them. But hes not known for getting into bidding wars.

SuperBowlBolts
02-25-2006, 09:58 PM
We can still make an offer to Hutch. Seattle will struggle to keep both Hutch and Alexander on the roster. They might not be able to afford a contract for Hutch. There would be no comp. with the transition tag. Id go after him. But Bentley might be the better choice at this point. We have his old OL coach and he has said that he wants an offer similar to Wahles. Which isnt that bad.
The Seahawks have enough cap room to keep both. But if one were to leave it most likely be Alexander.

SuperBowlBolts
02-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I believe Bentley is the better choice because he can play both C and G at a pro-bowl level.

Boltfan92153
02-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes, and we may have to pay less for him too. Steve is good, but LeCharles has so many reasons to come to us, old line coach, going from losing team to winning team, having a RB to take advantage of the holes he makes, nice weather, and the list goes on.

SDFaiderHater
02-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes, and we may have to pay less for him too. Steve is good, but LeCharles has so many reasons to come to us, old line coach, going from losing team to winning team, having a RB to take advantage of the holes he makes, nice weather, and the list goes on.

steve is more then good brotha, but i digress, i would rather have Bentley come in as well, i believe that he can not only play guard, but work with Hardwick to sure up some of is flaws. kind of as a mentor.

Boltfan92153
02-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Yea, you are right, All I say is that if Bentley comes in, let him pick his O-line position, he is an upgrade anywhere. But the Steve Hutchinson thing was saying comparitvely to LeCharles. Wouldn't we have to pay alot of cash for Steve, and second, if you sign a Franchised/Transitioned Player, do you have to pay the player under those rules? or can you negotiate a deal afterwords?

SDFaiderHater
02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Yea, you are right, All I say is that if Bentley comes in, let him pick his O-line position, he is an upgrade anywhere. But the Steve Hutchinson thing was saying comparitvely to LeCharles. Wouldn't we have to pay alot of cash for Steve, and second, if you sign a Franchised/Transitioned Player, do you have to pay the player under those rules? or can you negotiate a deal afterwords?

you almost always would have a long-term deal in place to restructure once he is signed, and because he is TRANS'd not Frans'd we wouldnt have to give the hawks anything.