PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on Miami's options for QB

psuedo
03-01-2006, 07:56 AM
This article left me with the impression that the Dolphins may not in fact be the frontrunners for Brees...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13986314.htm

BigChargerFan
03-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Especially since they are 20ish million dollars OVER the cap as it stands...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

Only team I'm worried about, is Detroit.

JoeMcRugby
03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Especially since they are 20ish million dollars OVER the cap as it stands...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

Only team I'm worried about, is Detroit.

Detroit has already announced that Martz will be working with Harrington and that Joey will be the first string QB going into training camp.

I don't see any way Drew goes to Detroit.

BigChargerFan
03-01-2006, 10:17 AM
that sums it up! If Detroit doesn't want Brees, and with the leauge going into an Uncapped year, Brees isn't going anywhere. Not that I think we NEED him to take us to the superbowl, but many here do. I'm just hoping to make those people feel better.

Thank god we didn't franchise him... We would have been stuck paying him 10 million this year, fixed shoulder or not!

JCDavey
03-01-2006, 10:57 AM
that sums it up! If Detroit doesn't want Brees, and with the leauge going into an Uncapped year, Brees isn't going anywhere. Not that I think we NEED him to take us to the superbowl, but many here do. I'm just hoping to make those people feel better.

Thank god we didn't franchise him... We would have been stuck paying him 10 million this year, fixed shoulder or not!

brees will probably be forced to stay in san diego and miss the entire year and watch rivers win the job he was originally drafted for, man, drew is going to be bitter IF that indeed happens

LTfan4life
03-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm coming out and saying...Drew will be a Saint in 06 :D

Think about it. N.O. has the space, they need a QB, and they have the #2 pick in the draft. If they sign Drew, they can draft Ferguson. With Deuce McCallister coming back, and Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth on the outsides. I think it would be wise for them to sign him because they need to win now. Most rookie QBs won't really start to shine until his second or third year. Then, they take a TE in the second round, say if Marcedes Lewis or Dominique Byrd were there, and they have a big target in the middle for Drew to work with. It all makes sense for NO to do. NO would have to give him bigger money than other teams will to go there, but they're going to have to no matter who they go after.

SuperBowlBolts
03-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Im still sticking to Brees will stay here! Brees stay a Charger

Spank
03-01-2006, 02:16 PM
If he's not resigned by the Bolts I dont care who he signs with. At that point he is in the way of my beloved Bolts winning a championship and he must be dealt with hostily.

I hope he stays but I'm sure AJ has made it impossible for Drew to stay. He wants Rivers in and Marty out so Drew is a FA at midnight.

I'll miss him, but I'll also be a Rivers supporter when he takes the reigns.

I'm a Bolts fan before any player. I still rooted for the Bolts even after they let Junior go, and he WAS the franchise.

bolts4ever21
03-01-2006, 03:41 PM
If he's not resigned by the Bolts I dont care who he signs with. At that point he is in the way of my beloved Bolts winning a championship and he must be dealt with hostily.

I hope he stays but I'm sure AJ has made it impossible for Drew to stay. He wants Rivers in and Marty out so Drew is a FA at midnight.

I'll miss him, but I'll also be a Rivers supporter when he takes the reigns.

I'm a Bolts fan before any player. I still rooted for the Bolts even after they let Junior go, and he WAS the franchise.

Yeah, San Diego Super Chargers!!!

Shamrock
03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm coming out and saying...Drew will be a Saint in 06 :D

Think about it. N.O. has the space, they need a QB, and they have the #2 pick in the draft. If they sign Drew, they can draft Ferguson.
I think that would be in the best interest of the Saints, but I also think New Orleans has historically proven they are too stupid to do it.

BOLTZ55
03-01-2006, 03:47 PM
just heard there is a power struggle between Marty and AJ is this true and if it is I just knew AJ would be the downfall of this franchise. Alex can this guy and let Marty run the show, who I heard wants Drew back.