PDA

View Full Version : Sam madison CUT

Boltman19
03-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Saw this on the ESPN ticker, will post link when I find it

BoltFiend
03-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Maybe AJ knew that all these players were going to get cut?

I'd like Madison...

JCDavey
03-01-2006, 03:52 PM

heard about this a week or so ago, this was one of the ones i thought was a lock to happen. what are our thoughts on sam ? pick him up, make a play for him? i have no idea but i'd think anyone's an upgrade over our current cbs

LAbolt
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
hell yeah lets get madison we need him!!!!!!!

Boltman19
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
He would definately help our corners, I'm not going to say make him a number one corner, everyone and their mothers will come to this thread and say that Jammer was elite in the second half of the season, but I would love to have a guy like Madison on our squad

JCDavey
03-01-2006, 03:56 PM
He would definately help our corners, I'm not going to say make him a number one corner, everyone and their mothers will come to this thread and say that Jammer was elite in the second half of the season, but I would love to have a guy like Madison on our squad

i would take everyone and their mothers over jammer haha

bolts4ever21
03-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Madison hasn't been cut, or I don't see this on ESPN. They have a list of possible cuts, but nothing saying that he is. They dolphins cut Mcintosh, but I can't find anything say Madison has been cut, officially.

If he is, we better be on it.

Shamrock
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-0301dolphins,0,5384718.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up boltman and the link Shamrock......

I want Madison...that is all I am giong to say. After we get Madison, I want Fletcher to get a new contract too. Add a safety through the draft and the rest takes care of itself.

LAbolt
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
how about at safety we sign tank williams??? from the titans hes pretty good young, and fast!!!!

Thunderstruck
03-01-2006, 04:14 PM
I'd like a large order of Madison, please... no onions.

Podium
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM

You don't like Onion Knight, Thunderstruck? haha;)

CidTheGod
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM

I ll have what he's having. Maybe even splurge on a side of Lecharles Bentley

Dago81Sd
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
and also a slushy breezy...

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 04:26 PM
So that was:

a large order of Madison

a side of Bentley

and a Breezy.....

Want Randle El with that?

please pull through and pay at the first window.

BoltFiend
03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
So that was:

a large order of Madison

a side of Bentley

and a Breezy.....

Pretty creative! :Beer:

CidTheGod
03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
So that was:

a large order of Madison

a side of Bentley

and a Breezy.....

Nah, I think the Randle El's are a little overpriced these days.

loweezy
03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
i think it woulda made more sense to have a 'Large' order of bentley and a 'Side' of Madison... just my two cents. =x

LAbolt
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
can u just imagine randle el? at our # 3 scary with already gates opening up the passing game

Dago81Sd
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
i think it woulda made more sense to have a 'Large' order of bentley and a 'Side' of Madison... just my two cents. =x

and with a Breezy. :Beer:

Dago81Sd
03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
can u just imagine randle el? at our # 3 scary with already gates opening up the passing game
Randal el would certainly be a threat to reckon with, however, as mention he is a little pricy and isn't exactly the cup of tea the Chargers are looking for, such as a speedy deep threat type of guy. We already have Kmac, Caldwell and Parker to open up the passing game.

Podium
03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Can we order 2 Large orders of Bentley?

JCDavey
03-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Randal el would certainly be a threat to reckon with, however, as mention he is a little pricy and isn't exactly the cup of tea the Chargers are looking for, such as a speedy deep threat type of guy. We already have Kmac, Caldwell and Parker to open up the passing game.

read today over at espn el is thinking about staying put in pitt

SuperMatt
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
How do we know Randle El is "a little pricey"? I think he'd be great as an offensive weapon and a PR guy. He played as a successful QB under Cam Cameron at Indiana, as well. I'd love to have the guy in Bolts.

I'm interested in Madison, he's been a solid corner in the NFL. I don't think he's the type of player that can change the face of your defense, a la Champ Bailey, but you could plug him in and although I like Jammer and Florence, I would consider it an upgrade.

Add Madison, Bentley, and draft a playmaker at S and maybe a little more help on the O-line and I'd be down-right excited about this offseason.

Dago81Sd
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
read today over at espn el is thinking about staying put in pitt

Makes sense since they just came off a Superbowl run, however, it will depend on how much the Steelers are willing to commit to him.

TJ21
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Sounds excellent.

Madison and Bentley will be our first pickups hopefully. :Beer:

CBO
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Can I add a Milloy to that order?

JCDavey
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM

i wonder if the anti law people would be ok with milloy

probably so cause he's not a cb and not a threat to jammer :p

TJ21
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't know. I know he was released, but has the organization showed any interest in him?

Podium
03-01-2006, 05:18 PM

And doesn't get as many penalties called on him, and is cheaper..

chargerlew
03-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Just saw this too...the Dolphins cut Damion Mcintosh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350228

TJ21
03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I can't remember if Damion was any good for us when he started here. I know he was okay for the Dolphins.

LarryAW
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM

I promise you I am not anti-Law the football player. I am leery of giving an older guy a big contract, and Law probably wants a big contract, unless he changes. AJ has a shopping list and he knows what this team needs.

In addition to the free agents we already knew about, a lot of guys are being cut today. If AJ can afford to sign a Law, a Milloy, or a Trevor Pryce (I love Trevor Pryce.), and still fill all of our other needs like getting a solid Lecharles Bentley, then I am all for it.

For me, it's all about filling all of our holes and getting the best players we can with the money we have to work with. It's up to AJ to get the most bang for the buck.

To clear up any misconceptions, I am not against any good player, and Ty Law is still a very good player.

SuperBowlBolts
03-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Sam Madison welcome to San Diego!

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Sam Madison welcome to San Diego!

After showing no interest in Law, I hope the the front office is taking a long look at Madison. I really think he could improve this team quite a bit. The bad news is that his agent is Rosenhaus.

Put him and AJ in a room and see how long it takes before the whole thing breaks down. That is more of a cut on Rosenhaus than it is on AJ.....I cant stand that slimy little worm. I am really curious to see if this last year has hurt Rosenhaus to the point where players will start seeing him as a liability more than as a bigger paycheck. Either way, I hope Madison gets his "day in court".

SuperBowlBolts
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
After showing no interest in Law, I hope the the front office is taking a long look at Madison. I really think he could improve this team quite a bit. The bad news is that his agent is Rosenhaus.

Put him and AJ in a room and see how long it takes before the whole thing breaks down. That is more of a cut on Rosenhaus than it is on AJ.....I cant stand that slimy little worm. I am really curious to see if this last year has hurt Rosenhaus to the point where players will start seeing him as a liability more than as a bigger paycheck. Either way, I hope Madison gets his "day in court".
I think the Ty Law thing is due to him being in his latter years and him wanting a big deal.

knowsthebolt
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I think the Ty Law thing is due to him being in his latter years and him wanting a big deal.

I don't know if Madison wants a big deal but he and Law are both in their latter years ( Madison will be 32 when the season starts) and Law was more productive last year.

SuperBowlBolts
03-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't know if Madison wants a big deal but he and Law are both in their latter years ( Madison will be 32 when the season starts) and Law was more productive last year.
Really? I thought he was a big younger. If anything i dont see AJ going after anyone who wants a big deal unless they're Chris Hope, LeCharles Bentely or one of the big name LTs

Podium
03-01-2006, 09:56 PM

there was a snippet in the Miami Herald that said the Chargers were interested, but that's a Miami paper, could've just been building hype.

Rosenhaus has lost some clients (ahem, Javon Walker) and I would love to be in the room if AJ and Drew had a negotiation.

AJ: So your client is interested in becoming a Charger?
Drew: Next Question.