PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Milloy Cut by the Bills today

cstu
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Is this our guy? He has slipped off from his glory years, but is still a good SS and only 32. He would bring the kind of veteran leadership to the secondary that the teams. I'd love to have a Super Bowl champion in the secondary and he seems like he'd be a better choice than Ty Law.

loweezy
03-01-2006, 04:01 PM
where do you see this?

cstu
Also, CB Sam Madison was cut by the Dolphins. All I know that that AJ better be on the ball and get some of these guys.

cstu
where do you see this?

ESPN just a bit ago.

psychofan
03-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Both Malloy and Madison are getting to old to be considered as potential free agency signings.

56lightsout56
03-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah its on the bills website. they also released DT Sam Adams and TE MArk Campbell. Same thing on the fin's site too. also released were S Tebucky Jones and CB Reggie Howard.

56lightsout56
03-01-2006, 04:06 PM
mmmm Broncos released Trevor Pryce too along with Mike Anderson.

Podium
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=29049

hey guys, i'm trying to collect all the cuts in one thread^^

got some other cuts listed in there too.

CBO
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I would love to get Maddison and Milloy. They would bring talent and experience to our secondary. That along with Bentley and the LT from Atlanta.

Alibell1
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Is this our guy? He has slipped off from his glory years, but is still a good SS and only 32.

Only 32? That's up there for an NFL player. If this were MLB then being "only" 32 would be ok, but not in the NFL.

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I just posted this on the main page too, I read it on the Bills site.

As I said in the other thread, Milloy has alot of experience in the 3-4, he played in all 16 games, and he collected over 100 total tackles.

He is in his tenth year and he only got one sack and one INT last year....that is the only "bad news". Some of the best players on this team are past their tenth year and if there is one thing (besides INTs) that the secondary could use it is a veteran 3-4 expert to keep them all together....worked for the WR corps with Kmac, the LB corps with Foley, and the O line corps with Oben!

SDFaiderHater
03-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Is this our guy? He has slipped off from his glory years, but is still a good SS and only 32. He would bring the kind of veteran leadership to the secondary that the teams. I'd love to have a Super Bowl champion in the secondary and he seems like he'd be a better choice than Ty Law.

how is he a better option,aside from him being cheaper, then Ty Law??

GOBOLTS4Life
03-01-2006, 05:18 PM

Isnt he a Safety?? I would LOVE MILLOY here... Come on AJ Give me a Bday gift and sign him.. Sam Madison as well..!!!!

Podium
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM

that's just it.. he's cheaper

and doesn't get as many PIs called on him.

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Law was a great option, but Milloy fits a NEED position and offers the same resume as Law. I would like to see Law bring his INT totals to the Chargers roster, but with Milloy you get the leadership and knowledge of Law without the price tag.

SDFaiderHater
03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
that's just it.. he's cheaper

and doesn't get as many PIs called on him.

hes cheaper, hes not a better option IMO.

WakkaWakkaWakka
03-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I like Milloy and wouldn't mind him here. Harrison is also looking like he'll be a free agent.

Milloy still looks like he can be a capable starter with the stats he's piled up even though his interceptions are lower.

mikeavo22
03-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Anything to upgrade our SS position would be great. 32 isn't that old, but i'm sure we would only need him for like 2-3 years. He could mentor our future safeties. =)

I'd love to have Harrison back too..simply because he has always been a Charger.....but that isn't a good enough reason...i know. =)

mwooten
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Anything to upgrade our SS position would be great. 32 isn't that old, but i'm sure we would only need him for like 2-3 years. He could mentor our future safeties. =)

I'd love to have Harrison back too..simply because he has always been a Charger.....but that isn't a good enough reason...i know. =)
If Harrison came back, it would be amazing. But as was said in another thread, he doesn't like Schottenheimer. Money can change a lot of things though....

thehotdelancey
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
hes a quick fix....if we get him then we should draft a project safety for the future, unless in a year or two we want to go back to kiel, Jue, etc...Lawyer Milloy is the man!

JoeMcRugby
03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
If Harrison came back, it would be amazing. But as was said in another thread, he doesn't like Schottenheimer. Money can change a lot of things though....
More important than Rodney liking Marty:

- How are his three shredded knee ligaments (torn ACL, PCL and MCL) doing?

- Is he even close to jogging yet?

- Will he be ready for the start of the 2006 season?

IgorUnchained
03-01-2006, 10:27 PM
More important than Rodney liking Marty:

- How are his three shredded knee ligaments (torn ACL, PCL and MCL) doing?

- Is he even close to jogging yet?

- Will he be ready for the start of the 2006 season?

I would be amazed if he came back to an acceptable level after that injury at that age....AMAZED.

Rodney is one of my all time favorite players, but as much faith as I have in Brees and his injury, I have no faith that Harrison can come back from an injury like that.

06champions
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
As soon as I heard about this on tv today the first thing I thought of was how he would be a perfect fit for the chargers.

cstu
03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Only 32? That's up there for an NFL player. If this were MLB then being "only" 32 would be ok, but not in the NFL.

Perhaps "only" was not the right word, but he's got enough gas in the tank for at least a couple more years. Did people think we would get this much out of McCardell? Signing Milloy will be less costly than some of the other FA SS out there and he's a veteran with SB experience.

Boltz2175
03-02-2006, 09:23 AM
He would bring a little toughness to our defense....he hits hard and is a good leader...receivers would finally be scared to go over the middle!:Bolt:

CBO
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
At the moment I would take Milloy over Harrison just because of the injury. But Milloy is still a hell of a player.