PDA

View Full Version : Jon Kitna to be FA

Spank
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Its very likely that Jon Kitna will be a free man come Monday morning. He stated a few seasons back that he would like to come to San Diego and compete ( I think this was during one of Drew's down years). However managment said no thanks to his inclinations.

Do you think the FO would be interested now?

Has he proven he is too good to be a back-up?

Is he better than Feeley as a #2 option?

Does he require major money to sign?

Lets here it gentlemen....

Podium
03-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I think Cincinatti will still make a major push for him.

He's going to be in demand as a starter IMO. very very little chance of bringing him in as a #2. Feely is still a good #2

TJ21
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Would compete for the starting job anywhere he goes including here. I doubt he'll settle for #2. :Beer:

Spank
03-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I think so also. He might test the waters for more cash but may end up back in Cincy. He'll get a chance at FA though.

The Bengals are kinda in the same spot as the Bolts & Vikes. All-Pro starter with a major injury and no certainty as to how much of a full recovery they can make. You'd think they have to resign Kitna wouldn't ya?

TJ21
03-05-2006, 10:38 AM
I think so also. He might test the waters for more cash but may end up back in Cincy. He'll get a chance at FA though.

The Bengals are kinda in the same spot as the Bolts & Vikes. All-Pro starter with a major injury and no certainty as to how much of a full recovery they can make. You'd think they have to resign Kitna wouldn't ya?
Brees, Palmer and Culppeper never made the all-pro team.

Spank
03-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Brees, Palmer and Culppeper never made the all-pro team.
Generalization. Should have typed Pro-Bowler to be politically correct.

Boltfan92153
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
except we are in the best position, both in the level of severity of injury, team around QB, and backup In my opinion.

Natedawg01
03-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Kitna graduated from Central Washington University, my alma matter. He's idolized there, has autographed stuff hanging around in the sub and other buildings and is still remembered for being the last QB to bring us past the first rounds of the playoffs and a championship.

I liked what I saw from him in cincy, although the playoff game wasn't great, in the begining I thought he was doing very well.

I would love to see kitna here. He'll bring a ton of experience, positive attitude, etc. I'd trust him much more than I'd trust an AJ feely.

psychofan
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
If Kitna is signed he probably would end up starting over Rivers. And if he gets hurt they'll play Feeley instead of Rivers. I think that Brees should be resigned and Rivers should stay at backup where he belongs.