PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Release Junior Seau

punisher22
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contract of linebacker Junior Seau. In addition, the club announced that it waived tight end Lorenzo Diamond.

“One of the most difficult parts of my job is having to release players, and the past week has emphasized this fact,” said Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban. “This is especially true when those players made significant contributions to the success of the team in the past. Ideally, we would like to keep many of those players on our roster, but we are simply not able to do that.”

Seau, a veteran of 16 NFL seasons, spent the last three years with the Dolphins after being acquired in a 2003 trade with San Diego, with whom he spent the first 13 years of his career (1990-2002). Last year with Miami, he played in seven games before being placed on injured reserve with an Achilles injury on November 24.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4369

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Could Seau replace Godfrey???? I say, why not. This is Godfrey's last year anyways. Cut him now, save 2 mil against the cap. Sign Seau for maybe a mil. Sign Arrington. Win the super bowl, Seau retires with the bolts and a ring!!!!

skippy-i
03-06-2006, 04:40 PM
the last couple of years w/ the dolphins he has been quite injury prone. expect injuries for at least half the year. i would be surprised if anyone picked him up as a starter

Tomlinson21
03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Seau....cmon back home. Play for less in a back up role and you are definitely on AJ's radar!

remember now, Seau's the Restaraunt is going to be bouncing if you do!!! ;)

Boltdiehard
03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Hang 'em up Junior.

See ya in five years at your Canton ceremony.

Spank
03-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Hang 'em up Junior.

See ya in five years at your Canton ceremony.

I'm a 12 year season ticket holder to the HOF game. I'll be there for sure. :55:

El Relámpago
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Seau. Man, that would be awesome. A back up role, for sure tho. We miss ya Jr! Come home where you belong!

JCDavey
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Could Seau replace Godfrey???? I say, why not. This is Godfrey's last year anyways. Cut him now, save 2 mil against the cap. Sign Seau for maybe a mil. Sign Arrington. Win the super bowl, Seau retires with the bolts and a ring!!!!

given his health issues i'd say cheaper than a mill , but having seau back if it's just to sign for a $1 and retire would be cool

DualCycle
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Seau retire as a Charger is fine, but he's done playing football. Thanks for the memories Seau!

BoltFiend
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll take Junior back! If anything, the man would be an amazing voice to our defense. Why not? :Beer:

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I got it, merriman turns on the switch and seau does the bolt!!!!!

LAbolt
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll take Junior back! If anything, the man would be an amazing voice to our defense. Why not? :Beer:

hell yeah i would love getting seau back in a boltz uni.. the man was a great player when he was with us. hey are the pats letting go of harrison also maybe we can get him back here. that would b nice :Beer:

El Relámpago
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Get Seau for about 300K. What's the league minimum?

"I make the league minimum." - Tom Berringer, Major League

TJ21
03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
If Seau still wanted to come back would AJ sign him?

It would be more of a SD move, then a practical move. And AJ is mostly practical.

We can wish.

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
ha signing seau and harrison? Our defense would turn to the wounded warriors!! Although i believe seau is in the better shape of the two. As long as they can contribute, i dont have a problem with it. Heck, you would see all the seau and harrison jerseys come out of throwback status!!

LAbolt
03-06-2006, 05:10 PM
ha signing seau and harrison? Our defense would turn to the wounded warriors!! Although i believe seau is in the better shape of the two. As long as they can contribute, i dont have a problem with it. Heck, you would see all the seau and harrison jerseys come out of throwback status!!

:Helmet: haha that would b great i still got both jerseys blue(seau) and the white harrison :Beer: :Beer:

JCDavey
03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
If Seau still wanted to come back would AJ sign him?

It would be more of a SD move, then a practical move. And AJ is mostly practical.

We can wish.

well he is one of the men responsible for bringing flutie back into the nfl, and that wasn't too practical at the time

Dan40
03-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Let's be realistic, Seau is done.

He had injuries all three years as a Dolphin and never really impacted them as much as he did as a Charger.

Let's look forward to him signing a 1-day contract and retiring as a :Bolt:...

and seeing him cruise around town again in his Hummer!

Maybe he'll get into politics and run for mayor of San Diego.

sonorajim
03-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't use a roster spot or cap money on him, but I'd like to see him join the team as an asst LB coach if he'd take it. Jr wants to be part of football and it would be nice to have him start a new career here.

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Great topic, keeps my mind off of DB situation. wish this dude would hurry up and sign or just let us know he's done here.

TJ21
03-06-2006, 05:18 PM

He had injuries all three years as a Dolphin and never really impacted them as much as he did as a Charger.

I can't wait till he signs one of those contracts. And damn I wish I lived in San Diego!

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Id rather him play one last season in a bolt uni. He will bring the fire to this defense!!

L.T. - 21
03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
i hope he doesnt come back and i hope he retires

JCDavey
03-06-2006, 05:28 PM

why ? is it cause of the joke he made about LT that one time? i think it was a harmless joke, they are friends

Just1SuperBowl

Oooh yeaaaaa, I can see it now: Seau awards the Chargers a stadium, no trigger behind the scene :).

TBOLTZCALI
Not everyone's opinions count.

hewie00
03-06-2006, 05:30 PM
He should have retired as a charger and never gone to miami, he was never the same. It would be nice to see him @ seau's again.

JCDavey
03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
He should have retired as a charger and never gone to miami, he was never the same. It would be nice to see him @ seau's again.

fact is he was never the same 1-2 years PRIOR to the trade as well

Phiantical
03-06-2006, 05:54 PM
We figured we would give something back. Thanks Junior for all the memories!!!!
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6313/700421725sz.jpg

BlueandGoldRush
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM

How original. :rolleyes: Like we haven't seen that ugly-ass jersey a hundred times already. You're so creative. Where's the Patrick Ramsey fins jersey? God knows, Saben will take any QB he can get right now.

LAbolt
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM

dude are u serious lol?? he would really fire up our d man serious..:55:

TJ21
03-06-2006, 06:02 PM
How original. :rolleyes: Like we haven't seen that ugly-ass jersey a hundred times already. You're so creative. Where's the Patrick Ramsey fins jersey? God knows, Saben will take any QB he can get right now.
So true. Saban has been talking QBs up and down in the media. And the Fins' message boards have threads on Brees, Cutler, Culpepper, Ramsey... it just doesn't end. He needs to make sure not to rush into anything. Then again, let him. :Beer:

Bolt Man
03-06-2006, 06:04 PM
This 1 day contract5 BS is exactly that BS. C'mon what would be the purpose, if he wanted to retire as a Charger he would have retired 3 yrs. ago. Once you cut your ties there cut end of the conversation. JR was my favorite player for a very long time and I actually had the very fortunate opprtunity to meet him. That being said as JR would say it "It is what it is" take the man's own words and make him live by it.:55: :55: :55:

JCDavey
03-06-2006, 06:08 PM

a charger fan already posted that pic here yesterday so if you're trying to be shocking, i'm sorry but it failed

but i have something that may hurt your eyes! - gaze in horror fin fan!!!! ---
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/JesusDavey/70032172.jpg

Podium
03-06-2006, 06:10 PM
a charger fan already posted that pic here yesterday so if you're trying to be shocking, i'm sorry but it failed

but i have something that may hurt your eyes! - gaze in horror fin fan!!!! ---
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/JesusDavey/70032172.jpg

ouch http://www.clublakers.com/forums/images/smiles/hurl.gif (javascript:emoticon(':hurl:'))

hehe ->http://www.clublakers.com/forums/images/smiles/shaq.gif (javascript:emoticon(':shaq:'))

56lightsout56
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
yeah, the Nicktator is chasing all the QBs right now. You might as well add Collins to the list too.
That was an interesting suggestion about bringing him back as maybe an assistant LB coach though. it would fit.

TBOLTZCALI
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
How did that make it in this post? Isnt this the Seau thread?

lightningstrike
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I think chargers should sign him back at least for 1 year hes earned it.

:Helmet: GOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Podium
03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
at least 2 threads already on this topic.

SuperBowlBolts
03-06-2006, 07:05 PM
This 1 day contract5 BS is exactly that BS. C'mon what would be the purpose, if he wanted to retire as a Charger he would have retired 3 yrs. ago. Once you cut your ties there cut end of the conversation. JR was my favorite player for a very long time and I actually had the very fortunate opprtunity to meet him. That being said as JR would say it "It is what it is" take the man's own words and make him live by it.:55: :55: :55:
You have to remember the NFL is also a business and most of the time a guy wont be playing for one team for his entire career.

SuperBowlBolts
03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
How did that make it in this post? Isnt this the Seau thread?
I dont know but i think imma take a break from the board soon if i continue to see Brees comments run rampant. Its like seeing the samethign for the millionth time literally

JerryinCA
03-06-2006, 07:07 PM
why ? is it cause of the joke he made about LT that one time? i think it was a harmless joke, they are friends

I hope nobody is/was offended by that, if LT wasn't mad nobody else should have been and LT said many times he didn't get offended at all and even laughed about it.

jhasley
03-06-2006, 07:09 PM
You have to remember the NFL is also a business and most of the time a guy wont be playing for one team for his entire career.
plus seau wanted a contract extension TO MAKE MORE MONEY!!!the guy to me needs to retire soon. he sold out san diego to be a dolphin last year <he redid his contract so he could be a dolphin last year,but wouldnt do that 3 years ago for san diego, THATS A SELLOUT!
<you people see i hold grudges against players>
The guy is hated in the oceanside <north san diego region>

Mainge
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM

He may have been injured most of his tenure. But there is no measuring the impact he had on our young Lb's and the energy and work ethic he brought to our defense.

Best of luck to him, wherever he goes. The man deserves it.

lightningstrike
03-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I think chargers should sign him back even if its for 1 year , hes earned it

:Helmet: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftwbolt
03-06-2006, 07:28 PM

Time to call it a carreer :55: It's been a Gas

psychofan
03-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I just got new's from dolphins.com that they have released Junior "The Tank" Seau. I know that he is pretty old and he only has 1 or 2 years left in his gas tank but resigning him would be a good idea. Him and Edwards would plug up the middle.

3rd&Long
03-06-2006, 07:32 PM
plus seau wanted a contract extension TO MAKE MORE MONEY!!!the guy to me needs to retire soon. he sold out san diego to be a dolphin last year <he redid his contract so he could be a dolphin last year,but wouldnt do that 3 years ago for san diego, THATS A SELLOUT!
<you people see i hold grudges against players>

Actually, as I remember it, he was willing to re-do his contract but wasn't given the option.

I doubt AJ will be interested in bringing JR in beyond the 1 day contract since we have enough age at ILB and there's supposed to be some good ones in this year's draft.

Podium
03-06-2006, 07:33 PM
already being discussed

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=29196

Podium
03-06-2006, 07:33 PM

psychofan
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
already being discussed

I put mine up before the other guy.

psychofan
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I think chargers should sign him back even if its for 1 year , hes earned it

:Helmet: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure noone else has put up the thread already before you do.

Podium
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
That thread was started at 3:30.

SuperBowlBolts
03-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Make sure noone else has put up the thread already before you do.
um yours was started around 6:30 and this one was started around 3:30 so yah...

Dan40
03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
All threads have been merged, and the thread was placed in "Free Agents."

There is also now a re-direct in GD.

If you see breaking news about something, it's a good idea to do a search or look at the first and second page in the appropriate section.

That way, you will prevent making duplicate threads.

IM DONE
03-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Id rather him play one last season in a bolt uni. He will bring the fire to this defense!!Yeah he could gimp around for us as a backup that would cool.. He could play like 5-10 plays a game give or take..The house would be rocking for sure....:Bolt:

IgorUnchained
03-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I hope nobody is/was offended by that, if LT wasn't mad nobody else should have been and LT said many times he didn't get offended at all and even laughed about it.

That is exactly it Jerry....how can you take offense at something like that. It was an inside joke that should have never seen the light of day, but if you heard the names my friends and I call each other all the time, you would probably think that we hated each other and were dating each others mothers. Those comments are rarely heard by "outsiders", but when they are, they are almost always misunderstood.

As for Seau....bring him home. If he can play, let him play.....if he cant, let him retire where he made his bones for all of those great years. I doubt there will be alot of suitors for Seau, so I am sure he would be willing to return for the veteran minimum or close to it.

The NFL is a business and has very little to do with "loyalty", but if there is an ounce of loyalty left within this team, I would imagine that the wheels are already in motion. :55:

johnroxx
03-06-2006, 10:46 PM

Uh, speak for yourself, alright?

;^)

JtBoY20
03-06-2006, 11:21 PM
well of course this post is about Junior Seau..he's been released by the Dolphins. I hope AJ Smith notices it and brings Junior back to San Diego so he can help us win a Super Bowl and retire...what y'all think?

Tycebrew
03-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Cmon guys. Junior Seau is done. He's had injury problems every year with the Dolphins let alone the previous 2 years with us. He was caught many times out of position in the past few years with us.

The only way Junior comes to San Diego is by signing a "1 DAY" contract and hanging it up.

BoltPrideSD
03-06-2006, 11:52 PM
D@mn!!! SD HAS TO bring Seau back for atleast 1 more year. Forget his injuries, he'll be alright once he's in a Bolt uniform. Just his presence on the sideline & as a 2nd or 3rd string backup would bring so much intensity to the Defense. I can't imagine how cool it would be to see both Seau & Merriman blitzing off the edges for a sack. Both of them would go nuts together! :Beer:

Big Bolt Dawg
03-06-2006, 11:59 PM

Ha ha...great idea!

Shamrock
03-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Signing Seau would be a waste of ink.

He's missed half the Dolphins games the last two years and is coming off an achilles injury. Sign a one day contract, have a party, cut the cake, then go have a beer at his restaurant.

Other than that, forget about it.

fan since 1976
03-07-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't think it would be a waste of ink. JR may still have one good year left in the tank (it would sell a few extra tickets too). Merriman would benifit from the leadership he brings too. Who wouldn't think it was way cool for Jr to retire a charger WITH a SB ring!

EndzoneJunkie
03-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Bring Seau back, atleast all my old jerseys will be in again...... Go Chargers

edfrsd
03-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Hope he goes to the Raiturds.. would be nice to see him get punished by Lo Neal...

RIPgriggs
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
you know shawne can learn from him, he can help our team with his experience, and he can come home and help us bring home the lombardi trophy, what if he made and anouncment that said i aggredd to come back to san diego for the minimum, because i want to be a part of a championship, and this team has the chance to do that., god that would be a dream for me, i love junior

he could retire in #55 in charger blue, holding a trophy in his hand, on his way to the hall of fame, where i will be to watch him be inducted.

JCDavey
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
http://users.ev1.net/%7Ehlsports/k1194.JPG
http://www.billssportscards.com/footslu/93seau.jpg
http://www.avenaim.com/athletes/NFL/TEARS/jr_seau.jpg
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/as00_faleomavaega/100_0060.seauandbush2.web.jpg

sguerra923
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
boy I wish that could happen.. many chargers fan would love to see Seau back but we will only see Seau back in action on old charger game films... AJ sign him!! and AJ's comment "only when pigs fly"! hahah

sandyk
03-07-2006, 11:51 AM
After 13 years as Charger 55, it would be a shame if he was not brought back to at least retire as a Charger.

RIPgriggs
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
http://users.ev1.net/%7Ehlsports/k1194.JPG

LOL maybe we should not try to sign him

look at that picture.

JCDavey
03-07-2006, 11:55 AM

look at that picture.

that pic did crack me up , but jr's cool lol

boltnut369
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM

look at that picture.

That picture looks more like a cross between Richard Pryor ( RIP ) and Don King than Jr! Still I LOL!!!

JCDavey
03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
That picture looks more like a cross between Richard Pryor ( RIP ) and Don King than Jr! Still I LOL!!!

haha amazing that we go from that pic to him standing side by side with the president of the united states

it's good to be the seau

LarryAW
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
you know shawne can learn from him, he can help our team with his experience, and he can come home and help us bring home the lombardi trophy, what if he made and anouncment that said i aggredd to come back to san diego for the minimum, because i want to be a part of a championship, and this team has the chance to do that., god that would be a dream for me, i love junior

he could retire in #55 in charger blue, holding a trophy in his hand, on his way to the hall of fame, where i will be to watch him be inducted.

There are times when I forget Shawne isn't Junior. He already has the same motor.

foty89
03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
As much as I hate to say it, it is time for him to retire. He has had serious injuries the last two years and it is doubtful that anyone would sign him to actually play.

So yes, bring him back, but only so he can retire as a Charger, a one day contract.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

Lyth
03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Bring him back to retire, fine. There's no room on the team for him as a player this season. What LB do you drop to make room? Phillips? Is Junior going to run kick coverage? The defense already has it's leaders.

boltnut369
03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I know it's too much to hope for but wouldn't it be great to have #55 back again? Charger fan morale could use a good shot in the arm right now with all the uncertainty we're experienceing. I'm not talking about as a player ( even though he's only 37 ) because I'm not sure how healthy he is right now. But maybe as asst. coach? I'm a dreamer! I know!!!!

Spank
03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Hire him as a coach. I'm sure he could teach our LB's something. The bonus to that is if we get a LB hurt and he had to suit up it wouldnt count against our cap. Its a win-win for my beloved Bolts and one of my hero's.

Everyone in my house has a Seau jersey. And we still wear them :)

Plus, maybe I could get to meet him at Seaus this season when I come to town for a game.

boltnut369
03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Don't let me kill the thread, folks!!! Come on!! Whose next???? I'll shut up, I promise!!!

johnnystnick
03-07-2006, 12:45 PM
There just really ain't much to say about this issue. We all seem to agree that we miss Junior, but it was a wise choice from a football standpoint to let him go when we did. We all would love to have him sign/retire as a Charger. We all agree that SEAU'S at least has lots of TVs to go with over-priced, mediocre food. Okay, maybe that last one is just an IMO...

L.T. - 21
03-07-2006, 03:10 PM
people please, stop kissing his arse, he is not the same man he was 10 years ago

NJRaider
03-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Great Charger WR
http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/action2003/jackson_chad.jpg

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Tycebrew
03-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't think it would be a waste of ink. JR may still have one good year left in the tank (it would sell a few extra tickets too). Merriman would benifit from the leadership he brings too. Who wouldn't think it was way cool for Jr to retire a charger WITH a SB ring!

Merriman benefitted from Foley all season long. Why ruin that? No way Jr. would be better.

SDFaiderHater
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Bring him back to retire, fine. There's no room on the team for him as a player this season. What LB do you drop to make room? Phillips? Is Junior going to run kick coverage? The defense already has it's leaders.

Lebers...nuff said.

Tycebrew
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Great Charger WR

Isn't that an oxymoron?

So is the Raiders motto... Committment to Excellence.

Its more like Committment to all that sucks.

IgorUnchained
03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Great Charger WR

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Unless this looks like the smack shack to you, you might want to come with more than one sentence posts with intentions of putting the Chargers down....if you have 100 posts, you should know the rules by now. This has nothing to do with the raiders or some college WR.

As for Seau being "injury prone".......WHAT???????

The guy missed 9 GAMES IN HIS FIRST 13 YEARS IN THE NFL! How is that "injury prone".
He injured a pectoral muscle 2 years ago and missed half the season...he injured his achilles this season and missed half the season. Out of 16 years he has missed fewer games than Carlos Polk has in the last 2 SEASONS....who by the way, is STILL ON THE ROSTER!!!!!! How much will Polk be paid next season to play special teams....how much would Seau sign for?
Who is going to come to the Q to see Carlos Polk? How about Junior Seau?

That is just a HORRIBLE argument!

bolts4ever21
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
It would be nice to see him walk out on to the field. I don't know if he can still play, but that fire he has doesn't burn out. Well not at 37. Yeah, I guess my sig, says it all.

L.T. - 21
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
like i said in the other thread, please people stop kissing his arse, the chargers dont need him, Merriman has and is still learning from Foley, he is not the same player he was 10 years ago

IgorUnchained
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
There is a great discussion going on about Seau (both sides) in that thread as well.

I have pretty much made my case for why it could be a good idea to bring Seau back in that thread, but I will add this little blurb to this thread. Most of you know that old man Glover just signed with the Rams...right away....even though he is old!

Rams new Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett coached Glover in New Orleans and felt he still had some gas left in his tank...Glover will provide some much needed veteran leadership to a Rams Defense which was severly lacking just that last season.

mk87
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I would love Seau back. Not as a player though, maybe a coach (LB) or something. That'd be lovely.

JCDavey
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
like i said in the other thread, please people stop kissing his arse, the chargers dont need him, Merriman has and is still learning from Foley, he is not the same player he was 10 years ago

he's not the same player no, but
you can never have too many teachers, and if it was an affordable albeit minimum salary or 1-day contract or coach type position luxury, it couldn't hurt

unless he accidently ran over merriman in his hummer

IgorUnchained
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
As for the argument that he could teach Merriman, while it is very true, I think Willie McGinest has been playing Merriman's position for a LONG time (OLB in a 3-4) and would have alot more to offer in that capacity. Either way, Wade needs quality LBs for his 3-4 defense, and Marty is an ex LB coach as well...I think that there are MANY reasons why the LB cupboard should be stocked for this team going into the next season.

FanSince1979
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I would love Seau back. Not as a player though, maybe a coach (LB) or something. That'd be lovely.That is what I was thinking too. He would be a great coach. I heard on another board that Marty drove him away. I guess they had a clash of ego's. Kind of like Marty and AJ. I hope that isn't true. I was really hoping that he woud retire his jersey with the Chargers, but if Marty tarnished his relationship with the Bolts that would seriously suck! :mad:
Please somebody tell me that isn't true.

LarryAW
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM

I promise that my first thought was that he looked like Richard Pryor.

JCDavey
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
That is what I was thinking too. He would be a great coach. I heard on another board that Marty drove him away. I guess they had a clash of ego's. Kind of like Marty and AJ. I hope that isn't true. I was really hoping that he woud retire his jersey with the Chargers, but if Marty tarnished his relationship with the Bolts that would seriously suck! :mad:
Please somebody tell me that isn't true.

this brings up a question
when seau gets into the HOF can you really imagine it in anything other than a chargers uniform? i can't, it would be preposturous

FanSince1979
03-07-2006, 04:23 PM
this brings up a question
when seau gets into the HOF can you really imagine it in anything other than a chargers uniform? i can't, it would be preposturousNo! I sure can't. He was one of my favorite players.

ftwbolt
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Great Charger WR

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Troll Alert Troll Alert :p

mk87
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (at least I haven't read anything similar to it), but in the SD vs. Miami game in 2005, Seau clearly said that 2005 is going to be his last season so I don't understand the shock that he was cut and I definitely don't understand why you guys still want him to play, lol. But most definitely, I hope he retires as a Charger.

Dan40
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Merged both Seau threads.

haw'nbolt
03-07-2006, 07:33 PM
We should sign Junior for a day and then let him retire a bolt, where he belongs. :Helmet:
Alohaz

SD4MG
03-08-2006, 01:05 PM
i don't think he's going to come to SD for the sole reason that he might want more money than the Chargers are willing to give him. We did trade him away why would we get him back. I would love to see him again, but the only open spot on the roster is Godfrey's middle linebacker spot and Juinor plays outside. I'm sure he can transition, but to take a player just to please the fans isn't something the chargers are known for. If we do get him he'll share time with Godfrey, but he'll take playing time from young LB's like Matt Willhem, Stephen Cooper, and Shaun Phillips which will be unwise for the future.

SuperMatt
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
unless he accidently ran over merriman in his hummer

If he's driving anything short of an M1 Abrams, my money's on Shawne! :D

dwulfo
03-09-2006, 06:22 AM
:Bolt: THIS IS MY FIRST POST AT THE PAGE I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND READ IT THANKS!!!..........:Bolt:
I think im going to offer CBS a new show called..... Everybody Loves Junior!!!!
And hey... I think that if the chargers are thinking of letting Brees go we should seriously be thinking about bringing Junior back... because he can defenitely unite the team in a good or a bad situation and also teach the coming LB's (draft or whatever) into the team...
Cheers

Wulfo!

esacal
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
:Bolt: THIS IS MY FIRST POST AT THE PAGE I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND READ IT THANKS!!!..........:Bolt:
I think im going to offer CBS a new show called..... Everybody Loves Junior!!!!
And hey... I think that if the chargers are thinking of letting Brees go we should seriously be thinking about bringing Junior back... because he can defenitely unite the team in a good or a bad situation and also teach the coming LB's (draft or whatever) into the team...
Cheers

Wulfo!

i agree, JR can teach are young LBs

L.T. - 21
03-09-2006, 03:03 PM
i hope he doesnt come back the chargers dont need him

TBOLTZCALI
03-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I would like to see them get OL help and a safety in FA. Then grab a ILB in the draft. Sign either Mcginest or Seau as ILB, release Godfrey to save 2 mil on the cap.