PDA

View Full Version : More insight from the Uninion Tribune (sunday the 12th)

WakkaWakkaWakka
03-12-2006, 11:58 AM
This many of you have probably already read from the Union Tribune.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060312-9999-1s12mccree.html

Mostly this is about the McCree signing but if you take a look at the last few paragraphs:

"Smith said the team has not finalized plans to bring in any other players. He would not specify whom he is contemplating bringing. He did reiterate that the Chargers will not create bold headlines with their moves in free agency.

“We don't have a lot of activity,” said Smith, who prefers to build with the draft. “I'm just trying to get a few things done.”

The team is believed to be interested in bringing in another safety for a visit. The team also plans to land a cornerback to play nickel, as Jamar Fletcher is expected to depart via free agency." (Credits to Kevin Acee for writing the Article)

We all know that AJ isn't expected to make bold signings (I.E. The BIG Free Agents) but more interestingly they want another safety. Personally I do want Chris Hope in there so the safety lineup would be Hope and McCree.

I know that AJ might be interested in a WR since he tried to go after Davis. I guess he may be interested in four to five more players.

enjoy.

loweezy
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
we need o line! :(

another safety... i think we're pretty deep there, but definitely room to upgrade... mcree can start at free or strong... i'm assuming if we do go after another safety, it will be a free...

and then there's nickel back... let's get ricky manning jr!

and o line.. .i want a tackle... runyan or fabini would be nice. :)

i'd be happy going into the draft with those additions!

BCBoltFan
03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
we need o line! :(

another safety... i think we're pretty deep there, but definitely room to upgrade... mcree can start at free or strong... i'm assuming if we do go after another safety, it will be a free...

and then there's nickel back... let's get ricky manning jr!

and o line.. .i want a tackle... runyan or fabini would be nice. :)

i'd be happy going into the draft with those additions!
What about looking at Deshea Townsend (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=29400) and then Jamar as our nickel, if he's out-performed by Townsend?

Manning would be fine as well, also probably much more affordable.

loweezy
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
i think if deshea townsend was signed by the chargers, fletcher would be out of a job here... fletcher wants pretty big money... then i think florence/townsend would be battling for 2corner/nickel

Totally Bolted
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
This many of you have probably already read from the Union Tribune.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060312-9999-1s12mccree.html

Mostly this is about the McCree signing but if you take a look at the last few paragraphs:

"Smith said the team has not finalized plans to bring in any other players. He would not specify whom he is contemplating bringing. He did reiterate that the Chargers will not create bold headlines with their moves in free agency.

“We don't have a lot of activity,” said Smith, who prefers to build with the draft. “I'm just trying to get a few things done.”

The team is believed to be interested in bringing in another safety for a visit. The team also plans to land a cornerback to play nickel, as Jamar Fletcher is expected to depart via free agency." (Credits to Kevin Acee for writing the Article)

We all know that AJ isn't expected to make bold signings (I.E. The BIG Free Agents) but more interestingly they want another safety. Personally I do want Chris Hope in there so the safety lineup would be Hope and McCree.

I know that AJ might be interested in a WR since he tried to go after Davis. I guess he may be interested in four to five more players.

enjoy.

What would you do with Jue? Back up? Can he play CB? Maybe this means AJ is looking at KO.

BCBoltFan
03-12-2006, 12:41 PM
i think if deshea townsend was signed by the chargers, fletcher would be out of a job here... fletcher wants pretty big money... then i think florence/townsend would be battling for 2corner/nickel
Sorry, I meant to say D Flo battling for RCB with Townsend.

WakkaWakkaWakka
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
What would you do with Jue? Back up? Can he play CB? Maybe this means AJ is looking at KO.

With Jue I really think another safety wouldn't be used intended to replace Jue but for the two of them to compete for the FS position. I don't think this means KO will be in but I think this will mean another safety through FA. Jue might work as a nickel, maybe.

BCBoltFan
03-12-2006, 12:48 PM
With Jue I really think another safety wouldn't be used intended to replace Jue but for the two of them to compete for the FS position. I don't think this means KO will be in but I think this will mean another safety through FA. Jue might work as a nickel, maybe.
I still believe 2 of 4 starters back there for us will be new faces. :Helmet:

WakkaWakkaWakka
03-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I still believe 2 of 4 starters back there for us will be new faces. :Helmet:

Completely agree there.