PDA

View Full Version : Taken from another board I post on

Boltman19
03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Last year, the only FA the Steelers signed was WR Cedric Wilson

...and they won the Super Bowl. The moral of the story is that the teams that make huge splashes in free agency won't necessarily improve, and the secret to winning in the NFL is drafting well and maintaining continuity over a long period of time. Despite the moves that they've made, the Browns and Cardinals will still likely miss the playoffs.

ryry2104
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
ya but steelers were 15-1 year before and only flaw was innexperienced QB

but i see wat ur saying

boLTfan4lf
03-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Last year, the only FA the Steelers signed was WR Cedric Wilson

...and they won the Super Bowl. The moral of the story is that the teams that make huge splashes in free agency won't necessarily improve, and the secret to winning in the NFL is drafting well and maintaining continuity over a long period of time. Despite the moves that they've made, the Browns and Cardinals will still likely miss the playoffs.

Last year, the only FA the Chargers signed was S Jue. You know the rest

And the steelers didnt lose their qb

TBOLTZCALI
03-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah but their first year QB took them into the playoffs. Then won it in his second year. And look at it this way, top three QB's that draft year...eli, ben, phillip. Two already in the playoffs, hopefully three again this year!

Tycebrew
03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah but their first year QB took them into the playoffs. Then won it in his second year. And look at it this way, top three QB's that draft year...eli, ben, phillip. Two already in the playoffs, hopefully three again this year!

That wasn't Ben leading them. That was the defense carrying Ben to the playoffs and the great O-LINE they have. Ben did not lead that team.

mtxsound
03-13-2006, 10:41 AM
That wasn't Ben leading them. That was the defense carrying Ben to the playoffs and the great O-LINE they have. Ben did not lead that team.

Ben didnt lead that team? I think he kind of did. Look at his play all year long, and his ability to come back from his injuries and lead them to the Super Bowl. Oh and he saved their season with one tackle, on a fumble, by the Bus. I would say the top 2 leaders on that team were the Bus and Big Ben. The Steelers are now Ben's team, everyone realizes that. Right place right time for him.

phillychargerfan
03-13-2006, 11:49 AM

I agree that Ben did not lead them, in the regular season. However, in their 3 playoff games it was Ben that got them to the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl Marty, errr Cower went back to his conservative ways and did not air it out like they did in their march to the Bowl.

TBOLTZCALI
03-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Understand my point guys. Ben played great his rookie year. If he didnt, Maddox would of been the starter there.

Tycebrew
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Understand my point guys. Ben played great his rookie year. If he didnt, Maddox would of been the starter there.

The only reason Ben started last year was becuase Maddon got hurt.

Tycebrew
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Ben didnt lead that team? I think he kind of did. Look at his play all year long, and his ability to come back from his injuries and lead them to the Super Bowl. Oh and he saved their season with one tackle, on a fumble, by the Bus. I would say the top 2 leaders on that team were the Bus and Big Ben. The Steelers are now Ben's team, everyone realizes that. Right place right time for him.

Defense leads that team.