PDA

View Full Version : Runyan probably will stay with PHI

robanalog
03-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Eagles | Team discussing re-signing Runyan
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:02:04 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are still discussing the idea of re-signing free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles). Runyan is going to be on vacation until Saturday, March 18, and said he did not have any visits scheduled with other NFL teams.

Doesn't sound like a guy that's looking to move anywhere else eh?

Chargeroo
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
There are still some OT's available that could help us -

Brad Hopkins UFA 13 6-3/305 Tennessee
Jason Fabini UFA 8 6-7/304 NY Jets
Kevin Shaffer UFA 4 6-5/290 Cleveland
Kenyatta Walker UFA 5 6-5/302 Tampa Bay
L.J. Shelton UFA 7 6-6/341 Cleveland

Podium
03-13-2006, 09:24 PM
There are still some OT's available that could help us -

Brad Hopkins UFA 13 6-3/305 Tennessee
Jason Fabini UFA 8 6-7/304 NY Jets
Kevin Shaffer UFA 4 6-5/290 Cleveland
Kenyatta Walker UFA 5 6-5/302 Tampa Bay
L.J. Shelton UFA 7 6-6/341 Cleveland

Shaffer signed in Cleveland. Shelton signed in Miami.

And I really, really don't like Kenyatta Walker. I've watched him play a couple of times throughout his career (somewhere around 10 times) and the guy is mistake prone. He gets a lot of false start penalties because he lets the defenders get in his head. Then, if he's beat he gets a lot of holding penalties. Not much of a run blocker from what I've seen either.

Whopper Stopper
03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
We should offer reasonable contracts to runyan and hopkins or fabini. If we could sign 2 of those 3 I wouldnt care if we didnt sign anyone else. Ajs not stupid, he knows the line played like sh-t last season and that we dont have quality depth any where on the oline. He has to be planning something, I hope.........

baddass4444
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
We should offer reasonable contracts to runyan and hopkins or fabini. If we could sign 2 of those 3 I wouldnt care if we didnt sign anyone else. Ajs not stupid, he knows the line played like sh-t last season and that we dont have quality depth any where on the oline. He has to be planning something, I hope.........

I dont think that Bolts are gonna add any big names to the O-line via Free Agency. There more looking at if someone gets hurt on the current line then get someone who can fill in better than Jordan and company.

Chargeroo
03-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Shaffer signed in Cleveland. Shelton signed in Miami.

And I really, really don't like Kenyatta Walker. I've watched him play a couple of times throughout his career (somewhere around 10 times) and the guy is mistake prone. He gets a lot of false start penalties because he lets the defenders get in his head. Then, if he's beat he gets a lot of holding penalties. Not much of a run blocker from what I've seen either.
I'm not crazy about Walker either, he sure hasn't lived up to his promise. I do think Fabini or Hopkins would be an upgrade though. I guess AJ doesn't think so though. :( Seems like he's not even trying to land an OT ......... that's disappointing to me.

Dago81Sd
03-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Having a guy like Runyan could really improve our O-line. However, depends on the type of long term contract he is seeking, which I doubt AJ will offer due to his age. I guess we can expect using our first rounder on a lineman.

loweezy
03-14-2006, 10:47 AM
sad to see that we didn't really fill much needs in free agency... hopefully we can still make a couple of signings to even create some competition on the o line... or even some stretch in going after moulds should he become available...

basically all i wanted to see was an o line or wide receiver pick up, so we could concentrate on adding depth through the draft.