PDA

View Full Version : Move Bhawah Jue to Corner?

cstu
03-13-2006, 04:07 PM
If the Chargers were to sign Demps or Hope, why not move Jue to corner? He was drafted by the Packers as a CB but had a lot of injury problems while he was there. When he was drafted he was known as a good man-to-man cover guy and we need help at CB.

L.T. - 21
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
and if you havent heard, he never excelled at CB in Green Bay, it wasnt his natural position

cstu
03-13-2006, 04:21 PM
and if you havent heard, he never excelled at CB in Green Bay, it wasnt his natural position

They wanted him to be the #1, I think about him at nickle.

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I agree with you

Spank
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Move him back to GB. He's a wast-o-money.

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 05:21 PM

I'm with you on this one. I say send McCree with him too. Both those guys suck and are a waste of cap. For all AJ is doing to create competition in the secondary he should just sign one great player and eliminate any question of who will be starting.

CoronaBrian
03-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't agree. I think he played good for us and rarely got burnt, like many of our other secondary and safeties. Plus he had some interceptions, correct?
All I see our other guys do is drop the ball.

Spank
03-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Just not enough of an impact for me. He was our FA offseason last year. I just dont think he produced enough.

This is all just one mans opinion. I'm sure there are others here who love him.

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't agree. I think he played good for us and rarely got burnt, like many of our other secondary and safeties. Plus he had some interceptions, correct?
All I see our other guys do is drop the ball.

But would you even call him above average? Let's sign a good or great safety and end this debate once and for all.

loweezy
03-13-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm with you on this one. I say send McCree with him too. Both those guys suck and are a waste of cap. For all AJ is doing to create competition in the secondary he should just sign one great player and eliminate any question of who will be starting.

and good thing you guys don't make our decisions for us... sign a washed up safety for more money than he's worth maybe? instead of a guy that had a break out year with more upside...

jue played really well for the chargers before battling injury...

mcree was among the leaders in tackles for the panthers... to go along with 3 picks during the season... and 2 in the Playoffs...

loweezy
03-13-2006, 05:46 PM
also note that aj signed him through 2011... aj is doing a good job of solidifying holes and retaining players... how many guys have gotten extensions, etc? he's building on the cohesiveness of the team... high character/hardworking guys... chemistry

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Bhawoh Jue could be an answer as a nickel back, but nothing more. I believe that McCree will be FS

psychofan
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM

He wasn't a waste of money. He basically had the only INT's the defense had this year. If he is played at CB it would be a good choice because he's fast but not strong enough to play safety. And since AJ is taking a safety in the draft it would be a good move.

BoltsfanNYC
03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
we have to wait for about 10 more days.... once drew has a new home...daunte is a raider we can figure within 2 guys who we will get in the draft the mystery is almost solved..

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Jue can catch at least.

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
He wasn't a waste of money. He basically had the only INT's the defense had this year. If he is played at CB it would be a good choice because he's fast but not strong enough to play safety. And since AJ is taking a safety in the draft it would be a good move.

Please. His injury problems have continued form Green Bay. Hart picked off some passes this year and Jammer had one also. Int's aren't everything.

He is never going to do much for us. His speed is his only asset which is why I like him more than McCree.

BoltzRule
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Jue sucks as a corner, that's why the Packers wanted him gone.

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Hoopdreams- you have a good point about INTs not meaning everything, but there are a couple of games that could have changed if our DBs remembered they could catch, most notably Pittsburgh. Jue played safety the last year in GB boltz rule.

TJ21
03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
WTH people?

Stop switching our secondary players around.

For the record. Quentin Jammer had his best year since his second year, he had the most passes defended in his career and the most tackles at CB. He's a damn fine CB, not a safety.

And Bhawoh Jue had 3 INTs in only 5 games. He was pro-bowl bound before he got hurt. He's a damn fine safety, and was horrible at CB in GB.

laschwa
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
WTH people?

Stop switching our secondary players around.

For the record. Quentin Jammer had his best year since his second year, he had the most passes defended in his career and the most tackles at CB. He's a damn fine CB, not a safety.

And Bhawoh Jue had 3 INTs in only 5 games. He was pro-bowl bound before he got hurt. He's a damn fine safety, and was horrible at CB in GB.

tahirjon, i usually side with you but i think this comment was a bit of a stretch. he might have had a decent start, but there's no way he was on his way to the probowl.

believe me, i want him (and the whole secondary) to do well. but so far, they (and the Oline) are the weak links.

Boltfan92153
I never said anything bad against Jammer, he is a great CB in my opinion. Except he cannot catch. Jue was played as a second CB in GB I think, so I am saying Nickel Back.

hoopdreams
Hoopdreams- you have a good point about INTs not meaning everything, but there are a couple of games that could have changed if our DBs remembered they could catch, most notably Pittsburgh. Jue played safety the last year in GB boltz rule.

I agree. The main reason we lost last season was our negative turnover ratio. In fact, late in the season the Chargers were the only team with a negative turnover ratio that still had playoff hopes.

I think that our CB's are getting better every season. Drayton Florence has improved tremendously. He went from a dime or nickel corner to 2nd and did reasonalbly well. If he keeps improving our CB's are going to get better. They do need to hang on to those picks and I think they will next season.

There is also a reason that DB's are DB's not wide receivers. They don't have the greatest hands. I just wish we had gotten Hope or a more proven safety (with better athleticism), rather than McCree,who is 27 and isn't going to do much more in the NFL.

Dago81Sd
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I agree. With Mcree back there, Jue's play will improve as long as he stays healthy.

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Just thinking, but do you think most NFL recievers could play DB?

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Anyone remember Jues hit in the Philly game that popped the ball into Donnie Edward's hands?

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Just thinking, but do you think most NFL recievers could play DB?

Not all, but the faster ones could have if they had gone through their careers as a DB rather than a wide reciever. I don't believe that all DB's could play wide reciever because not all of them have a natural ability to catch like some WR's. Catching can get better but not very much. It relates more to a guys natural ability to focus on the ball instead of worrying about the hit that will be coming.

Just look at Kassim Osgood. Not the greatest reciever but could probably play corner based on his tackling ability on special teams (if he was a little faster).

cstu
03-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Jue sucks as a corner, that's why the Packers wanted him gone.
They didn't want him gone. They re-signed him as a RFA in 2004 and wanted to resign him again but SD signed him as an UFA in 2005.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2101

cstu
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I agree. The main reason we lost last season was our negative turnover ratio. In fact, late in the season the Chargers were the only team with a negative turnover ratio that still had playoff hopes.

I think that our CB's are getting better every season. Drayton Florence has improved tremendously. He went from a dime or nickel corner to 2nd and did reasonalbly well. If he keeps improving our CB's are going to get better. They do need to hang on to those picks and I think they will next season.

There is also a reason that DB's are DB's not wide receivers. They don't have the greatest hands. I just wish we had gotten Hope or a more proven safety (with better athleticism), rather than McCree,who is 27 and isn't going to do much more in the NFL.

Why can't we still get Hope? A lot of Steeler fans are low on him anyway and think he should get less than $2M a year.

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Why can't we still get Hope? A lot of Steeler fans are low on him anyway and think he should get less than $2M a year.

I would love to see us get Hope. He is my favorite safety that is available. He had 96 tackles last season and three interceptions. He also has been playing in a 3-4 scheme for years. He is a solid tackler and is reasonably fast as a safety.

I just don't see AJ getting him, but he would be a major improvement.

Whopper Stopper
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
of course they say there will be competition because every player in the nfl is in competition for their job. You have to perform to be the guy. If aj or marty said right off the bat that mcree was the starter and we were benching jue or kiel that doesnt motivate those guys to get better. If you know that you never have a chance to move up at your job you start to care a little less. I agree that it would be nice to sign some guys that you could say there is no doubt that they will be the starter and a dominant player at their position, but there is something to be said for getting something for a better value than its worth. In all honesty do you really think we signed mcree to warm the benches. hes a valuable addition. I think the secondarys problem is that retard sammy davis. If I had a nickel for every time an opposing WR caught a pass with davis 3-5 yards away id be retired at 22. The guys a dud, a real zero, the biggest kook ive ever seen. If you havent noticed sammys not on my christmas card list. florence had some flashes but IMO should be our 2nd stringer behind someone good.

get ricky manning jr.

runyan and fabini, superbowl 06

TradeLT4DBs
03-13-2006, 11:00 PM
NO WAY! Stop dogging Bhawoh...hes our man at either safety spot...he played well last year until his injury. He's my favorite secondary man...u guys look for perfection at every position..not gunna happen.

LABoltsFan
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
i'm excited at the potential of our safeties....
yes Hope would be a great addition...but the idea that both of our safeties (mccree & Jue) are tacklers, and their ability to play either safety position helps... one more addition to the CB corps and we would be great...

(ooh yea... bring seau back! his leadership and public relations abilities would be unheralded! bring seau back and make him remember why he wants to go into the hall of fame as a charger.)

hoopdreams
03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
NO WAY! Stop dogging Bhawoh...hes our man at either safety spot...he played well last year until his injury. He's my favorite secondary man...u guys look for perfection at every position..not gunna happen.

That's his main problem. He is always injured. Kiel was injured last year for the first time in his career other than when he was shot. The guy is tough and will come back strong.

Jue, however, will never play a 16 game season. Injury as been the guys biggest problem since day 1.

Farmer808
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM
thats why mccree is a good sign, add more depth

Alibell1
03-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Not all, but the faster ones could have if they had gone through their careers as a DB rather than a wide reciever. I don't believe that all DB's could play wide reciever because not all of them have a natural ability to catch like some WR's. Catching can get better but not very much. It relates more to a guys natural ability to focus on the ball instead of worrying about the hit that will be coming.

Just look at Kassim Osgood. Not the greatest reciever but could probably play corner based on his tackling ability on special teams (if he was a little faster).

I'll be as nice as I can and just say, no. Playing DB is light years tougher than being a receiver, it's really not even close. There is no way in the world Osgood would even be a servicable DB, even though he can tackle.

hoopdreams
03-14-2006, 12:46 AM
I'll be as nice as I can and just say, no. Playing DB is light years tougher than being a receiver, it's really not even close. There is no way in the world Osgood would even be a servicable DB, even though he can tackle.

It takes more speed than talent. You also have to learn some different skills. But to say DB is way harder, you have to be insane.

Tycebrew
03-14-2006, 12:51 AM
If the Chargers were to sign Demps or Hope, why not move Jue to corner? He was drafted by the Packers as a CB but had a lot of injury problems while he was there. When he was drafted he was known as a good man-to-man cover guy and we need help at CB.

Nooo... Jue is a better safety and he only played CB with Green Bay, because no one else was better.

Tycebrew
03-14-2006, 12:56 AM

Thats not correct. 2 seasons ago, Florence was excellent in replacing Sammy. This past year, he had a down year.

Tycebrew
03-14-2006, 12:58 AM

No way! That is assinine. No way Kassim could play CB based on tackling ability.

Alibell1
03-14-2006, 12:59 AM
It takes more speed than talent. You also have to learn some different skills. But to say DB is way harder, you have to be insane.

Actually playing receiver is rather simple. Why do you think it's easier for rookie WR's to make an impact in the NFL than rookie DB's?

BoltzRule
03-14-2006, 12:59 AM
They didn't want him gone. They re-signed him as a RFA in 2004 and wanted to resign him again but SD signed him as an UFA in 2005.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2101

Well maybe I should of worded it differently. Packer Fans wanted him gone, the Packers wanted to keep him because they were losing Sharper. They tried playing him at CB and he sucked which is why they played him at Safety.

Tycebrew
03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Actually playing receiver is rather simple. Why do you think it's easier for rookie WR's to make an impact in the NFL than rookie DB's?

Well that's not true... it taked WR's 2-4 years to make an impact.

Dojo
03-14-2006, 01:09 AM
+1. Plus, it takes a while to develop a repor with the QB. You have to KNOW where the QB is going to throw it when under pressure. Perfect routes. Crossing routes. Stuff like that takes time.
"Anyone could captain a ship when you're sitting on the deck smoking a Cuban cigar. Its great captains that lead their crew home in rough waters." White Squall. Almost. It's off my head so it's not perfect. It has alot to do with how great players become great though in the NFL. And, I like the sceen. :Beer:

Alibell1
03-14-2006, 01:14 AM

I think you're splitting hairs with the word "impact". When I say impact, I mean helping a team, I think you're looking at pulling down 70 balls. It's really not tough to see that young WR's can help a teams much faster than young DB's.

Guys like Edwards from Cleveland, Boldin and Fitzgerald from Arizona, Williams in Detroit, and even Walker in GB helped there teams out in a big way their rookie years, and these are names just off the top of my head. WR is a much easier position to make an impact on the league that DB.

hoopdreams
03-14-2006, 01:20 AM
I think you're splitting hairs with the word "impact". When I say impact, I mean helping a team, I think you're looking at pulling down 70 balls. It's really not tough to see that young WR's can help a teams much faster than young DB's.

Guys like Edwards from Cleveland, Boldin and Fitzgerald from Arizona, Williams in Detroit, and even Walker in GB helped there teams out in a big way their rookie years, and these are names just off the top of my head. WR is a much easier position to make an impact on the league that DB.

Hows that? Those teams didn't take much to help, and last I checked they were all horrible teams.

Alibell1
03-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Hows that? Those teams didn't take much to help, and last I checked they were all horrible teams.

Boldin is the only rookie in NFL history catch 100 balls. Look what Williams did inspite of having one of the worst QB's in the modern era.

How about this. CB is easily the second toughest position on the field after QB. That's just not me saying that, it's NFL coaches saying that.

Tycebrew
03-14-2006, 01:31 AM

No. I meant actually help a team. It takes a few years for rookie WR's to even help a team.